Activision has just posted an official FAQ on Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. This game is exclusive to the PS Vita and will be launching November 13th – alongside Black Ops 2.
Here’s the FAQ:
What will the multiplayer and single player experiences be like on the Vita?
- Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified complements the strengths of the Vita with both the multiplayer and singleplayer experience. The title offers an action-packed multiplayer mode that includes classic Call of Duty-style features like Create-a-Class, Challenges, Care Packages, Killstreaks, Perks, Prestiging, XP and more, all adapted for the Vita. Accommodating competitive 4-vs-4 multiplayer functionality via Wi-Fi, gamers can play in fan favorite Call of Duty modes across a variety of maps on the go. The single player mode delivers intense, objective-and survival-based missions that offer a new story, which takes place between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming Call of Duty®: Black Ops II.
Will this be a console-style Call of Duty® experience adapted for the Vita?
- Yes. The development team has been focused on creating for the Vita the familiar mechanics and controls fans know and love from Call of Duty on console.
Will we see any gameplay features exclusive to Vita’s unique functionality?
- Vita’s unique features allow the team to bring an all-new level of engagement, while maintaining the familiar and classic Call of Duty experience players expect.
- Vita gamers can utilize Touchscreen capabilities with weapons like grenades. Drag the grenade to direct the toss, or simply cook a grenade until the last second before throwing. Players can also leverage Touchscreen for melee to deliver the ultimate knock-out. The title offers support of Near® technology for items like multiplayer load-outs, allowing players to send friends a boost wherever they are.
Will Declassified take place in the future?
- No. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is set between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming release Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. The Vita title delivers a new story inside the Call of Duty: Black Ops universe featuring some familiar faces.
Who is the developer on Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified?
- Nihilistic Software.
When is the game launching?
- November 13, 2012
Is the title exclusive to Vita?
- Yes, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is only for PlayStation® Vita.