Activision today held their 2013 Q1 Financial Results and have highlighted many of the success that the Call of Duty franchise has been having lately.
Chief Financial Officer Dennis Durkin made a few comments on Call of Duty: Ghosts:
Looking to the back half the year, we plan to continue building Call of Duty momentum with the release of Call of Duty: Ghosts on November 5 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Ghosts will also be available on next gen platforms and will be supported by one of the largest sales and marketing plans in the brand’s history.
Here’s the summary:
- Call of Duty: the #2 franchise in N. America and Europe combined
- Call of Duty Black Ops II outsold Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 in Retail and Digital
- Call of Duty Digital Revenue increased year-over-year
- Activision’s CEO reiterated the Call of Duty: Ghosts announcement. “Planning to share more at Xbox Reveal on 5/21/13.”
- CEO said Ghosts will be supported by the biggest “sales and marketing plan” in the franchise’s history
- Black Ops II DLC has been very successful thus far; 60% of purchases for Uprising has come from the in-game store.
- Black Ops 2 has the highest all time active players of any Call of Duty game to date.
The CFO also added a comment on the Black Ops 2 Micro Items DLC:
“In addition to selling map packs, this quarter we introduced an all-new digital model selling micro DLC that lets players personalize, customize and expand their Call of Duty experience. Although still a small contributor to the franchise overall, we’re pleased with our results and most importantly, we’ve struck the right balance between providing items which have real value to our fans, but in no way compromise the core game play experience.”
SOURCE: Activision and @VG247, MP1st