UPDATE: To fully clarify, the code in the retail boxes will be included with ALL editions of Ghosts for PS3. (Collector’s or Standard). The season pass will transfer over separately from the game upgrade offer.
Earlier this week, Activision revealed all the outlets in which you’ll be able to upgrade your copy of Ghosts from PS3 to the PS4 version. One of the options was with Sony’s Upgrade Plan. Today, Sony has revealed the full details on how their upgrade plan will work.
Retails Disc Version of PS3 to Digital of PS4:
If you buy the retail disc version of Ghosts for PS3, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PS4 digital version for just $9.99. Each PS3 box will contain a special code, which you enter into the PlayStation Store, that will give you the discounted price on the PS4 version. Once the PS4 version becomes available, you have to download the digital version of Ghosts for PS4, and you have to enter your PS3 disc into the PS4 in order to play the game.
Step 1: Disc Only:
- Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or log in to PlayStation Network using your existing PlayStation Network ID account).
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3™ system home screen.
- Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select ‘Redeem Codes’ at the bottom of the menu.
- Step 4: Enter the voucher code (“Code”) exactly as it appears on the voucher.
- Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select ‘Continue’ on the dialog box.
- Step 6: Select ‘Confirm’ to accept the Terms of Service.
- Step 7: Select ‘Continue’ to complete Code redemption.
- Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4™ system, you can proceed with the next step.
Step 2: TO DOWNLOAD PS4™ VERSION OF GAME:
- Step 1: On your PS4™ system, register the PS4™ system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4™ system home screen.
- Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select ‘Purchase’ to download digital version of the same game to your PS4™ system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
- Step 4: Insert the PS3™ game disc into your PS4™ system**.
**PS3™ game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4™ system.
Digital Version of PS3 to Digital Version of PS4:
If you plan on going from the digital version of Ghosts for PS3 to digital version of Ghosts for PS4, all you have to do is download the PS3 version off the store. Once you do that, the PS4 version will automatically be available for a discounted price to download.
- Step 1: Buy or pre-order* the PS3™ digital version of the game from PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
- Step 2: In PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4™ digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3™ Digital version of the game from the PlayStation®Store.
- Step 3: Buy or pre-order** the PS4™ digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.
This offer to upgrade expires on March 31st for Call of Duty: Ghosts.