The NPD results for the month of January have been released, and Call of Duty: Ghosts remains at the top as the best selling title across platforms in retail.
Here’s the list of the top 10 sold during the period of Jan 5th to Feb 1st:
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
- Battlefield 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, NWU, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 25 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360)
- FIFA 14 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PSV)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (360, XBO, PS3, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV, PC)
- Tomb Raider 2013 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
In regards to next-gen consoles, Sony PlayStation 4 outsold the Xbox One both in the US and worldwide almost at a rate of 2:1.
“PS4 led overall hardware sales this month, followed by the Xbox One.” He also noted that 3DS and Wii U software sales increased, but software sales declined overall, as “there were about half the number of SKUs launched this January versus January 2013,” adding “DMC: Devil May Cry and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch were particularly strong launches in January 2013, causing a poor comparison for launches in January 2014.”
On the PlayStation Blog, Sony’s John Koller confirmed that in the US, “PS4 was #1 in sales for next-gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next-gen competitor. And PS4 remains the cumulative leader here.”
SOURCE: NPD via IGN