Infinity Ward has posted a new post on the official Call of Duty site giving new information on how Extinction’s new Armory and Teeth system work. The Extinction Armory is now available on all platforms (except Wii U).
Permanent Character Upgrades:
Located at the top of the Extinction Loadout menu via a recent Title Update, the Extinction Armory is filled with permanent character upgrades that can be purchased with the new Teeth currency now obtainable in all episodes.
Upgrades like Stun Armor, Faster Health Regeneration, Damage Upgrade, Start with a Skill Point, and more will now affect each and every future Extinction match once purchased.
Look through the Armory’s list and you’ll see a wide range of abilities with unlock costs as low as 5 all the way up to 50. There are a few different ways of acquiring Teeth, detailed below:
- Completing a map (+1)
- Completing a map with a Relic (+1, whether you have one or all five active)
- Completing with a player that has never completed a map before (+1)
- Completing a map in Hardcore Mode (+1)
- Take out 600 Cryptids (+1)
- Obtaining Ranks 2, 6, 11, and 21 (+1 for each, only counted the first time
- Reaching a new Extinction prestige level (+1, plus another for each prestige level you have obtained prior to this update)
There is also a Bonus Pool that offers up to 3 Teeth every week. Each time you destroy a Barrier Hive in any episode – by the chopper near the lodge in Point of Contact, the Breeder in Nightfall, the tentacle in Mayday – you will be awarded one of these bonus Teeth. This a great way to easily build up your supply over time. A counter next to the Bonus Pool displays how many days are left before it resets for the following week.
New Episodes, New Upgrades
Along with new Extinction episodes come new Armory upgrades, starting with Devastation, the second downloadable content pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Devastation’s Mayday episode includes four new class abilities that can be further enhanced in-match using Skill Points.
- The Engineer lays down a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter.
- Force Cryptids to momentarily attack the Tank, who is now invulnerable and able to stun enemies with melee attacks.
Weapon Specialist Upgrade
- Experience an adrenaline rush, greatly increasing damage inflicted while keeping your bullet weapon clips completely topped off. Nearby allies also receive a modest damage boost.
- The Medic is surrounded by a therapeutic energy field. Allies inside the field are instantly healed or revived from last stand.
SOURCE: Call of Duty