The third DLC pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts – Invasion – is now available for players on PlayStation Network. The new DLC brings 4 new multiplayer maps and Extinction Episode 3: Awakening. The DLC pack costs $14.99 or it’s free as part of the Season Pass. If you have the Season Pass, be sure to download from the in-game store. PC players: these should be available starting at 1pm ET today.
Here’s what’s included in Invasion DLC:
- “Departed” is a medium-sized map set in a rural Mexican town during the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration. The colorfully decorated streets, vendor carts and storefronts provide ample cover for run-and-gunners, and players that complete the map’s unique Field Order will unlock the Death Mariachi killstreak. Armed with dual-wielding pistols, the Death Mariachi settles scores, with each kill turning enemy players into another member of the band, and a temporary squad mate.
- “Pharaoh” is the abandoned archeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace. Players will have to be on the lookout for collapsing monuments and urns full of flesh-eating scarabs, among other surprises in this multi-level map. Inside the palace, gamers will battle through multiple chambers ideal for close-quarters combat and short-range weapons, all under the watchful eye of Anubis, the half-jackal/half-human, protector of the dead, who will handsomely reward players who unlock this map’s Field Order.
- “Mutiny,” transports players to a remote Caribbean island harboring an eerie pirate hideout complete with abandoned trading posts and prison cells. Speed and stealth are a must as players navigate the narrow and intertwining pathways. However, let ye be warned that gamers taking up positions on the pirate ship moored in the center of the map will become vulnerable to enemy fire from the numerous flanking routes created by the map’s horseshoe shaped dock. Players that unlock “Mutiny’s” Field Order will find themselves escorted by two ethereal ghost pirates, who will happily send enemy combatants down to Davey Jones’ locker on their behalf.
- MW2′s “Favela” returns. Since its original release, the Brazilian shantytown has seen substantial change. Buildings once under construction are now complete, while others have crumbled into a state of disrepair. Players must avoid falling to their death as they traverse the map from one building to the next, with ramshackle scaffolding creating varied pathways between structures, and enemy snipers taking advantage of the long sightlines. Players who complete the Field Order in “Favela” will be able to call in heavy air support from a nearby Y-8 Gunship to bring the rain with a 105mm cannon, a 40mm auto-cannon and a 25mm cannon.
- “Episode 3: Awakening.” In Awakening, the team descends into the perilous alien underworld to strike at the subterranean fortress of the Ancestors – the mysterious puppet-masters behind the Cryptid invasion. Armed with a range of new hi-tech weapons and equipment, the team must penetrate a series of defensive barriers to reach the Ark and unlock the secrets of the Ancestors’ psychic powers. As the final battle draws closer, the fate of the Earth and the future of the human race hang in the balance.
Two micro items now available on PSN:
Alongside Invasion DLC’s release, there’s also two new micro items now available for purchase. These items are the Flags of the World Pack and Squad Pack Resistance.
- Squad Pack – Resistance – $3.99
Create your own soldiers to fight the good fight in Multiplayer with the Resistance Squad Pack. Never surrender with three interchangeable heads and four uniforms.
- Flags of the World Pack – $1.99
Show your national pride with individual patches, playercards, and backgrounds for England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, USA, Brazil, Australia, Japan, UK, Russia, Netherlands, Portugal, Columbia, Argentina, Canada, Ireland, and Sweden. Plus, go international in any firefight with a unique reticle and flags of the world weapon camo.
Invasion DLC, Flags of the World pack, and Squad Pack Resistance are all now available on PSN for both PS4 & PS3.