The big change to Advanced Warfare MP is the new ExoSkeleton, which changes the player movement by introducing boost jumps, boost dodge, boost slam, and more. Included in MP is also new Exo-Abilities. These items are part of the Pick 13 system, and using one does cost you a slot.
You have 7 options to choose from for your character’s Exo-Ability.
- Exo Shield – A quick-deploy shield attached to your exo’s arm
- Exo Overclock – Increased footspeed
- Exo Stim – Temporary health regeneration beyond normal levels
- Exo Cloak – Short duration visual concealment
- Exo Hover – Short duration hovering in place
- Exo Ping – Shows enemy movement and weapon fire in the HUD
- Exo Trophy System – Destroys incoming grenades and rockets for a limited period of time
The first thing some of you may say is that the Cloaking ability is gonna be overpowered and bad; but before you judge, you have to play it. It’s actually pretty well balanced. When you’re cloaked, if you fire your weapon, the cloaking deactivates. Also, you’re not necessarily fully cloaked. Enemies and players can still see your character’s outline, so this is not some invisibility item.
The battery power for all abilities is very limited and takes a while to charge back up.
Watch this video starting at 0:22 mark to see the options of Exo-Abilities in-game menu: