The new #BackinBlack teaser trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is filled with numbers and letters floating across the screen…many of those numbers lead to locations, others hint at modes. In this post, we’ll try to breakdown everything we’ve seen from around the web.
Quotes: The new teaser featured quotes and voice overs from previous Black Ops titles:
From Black Ops 1:
- “This should help you remember everything.”
- “The numbers Mason..what do they mean?”
- “Everything you know…is wrong.”
From Black Ops 2:
- “Your life will be consumed by absolute loss.”
- “He doesn’t need his own weapons. He’s got ours.”
- “They’ll always need men like us.”
Potentially from Black Ops 3:
- “Our greatest barrier is our own fear. Our own doubts. The only thing holding us back is how far we are willing to go.”
- At the beginning of video, coordinates: 1.300° N, 103.8° E, which is a New Town Primary School in Singapore
- Another pair of coordinates: 30.0500° N, 31.2333° E, which leads to the 6th October Bridge in Cairo, Egypt. This bridge commemorates the day of “The Crossing” which was the start of the October War (Yom Kipper War) in 1973.
- Many hieroglyphics symbols appear throughout the video, no clear pattern or relationship can be identified
- The number “115” (referring to element 115) is in the teaser, signaling the return of Zombies
- Different, new faction logo spotted; doesn’t seem to be similar to the trident one previously teased here
- Another coordinate pair: 47.3667° N, 8.5500° E, which leads to the Gefängnis prison in Zürich, Switzerland.
- Numbers, coordinates, etc are all circling around in a way that resembles the Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 box art, image via @AZZATRU:
- On the knife of the character, there appears to be Mandarin symbols, which translates into 5, 10, 4 and could mean “54”.
- Trident logo, which was teased in the tree image, makes an appearance in the trailer
Let us know in the comments below if we missed anything!