Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 debuted at #1 on the game charts in Japan in its release week, with over 164,716 copies that have been sold. The title was most popular on PS4, with PS3 version coming in at #3 on the charts.
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 143,817 (New entry)
- [3DS] Disney Magical World 2 – 73,824 (New entry)
- [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 20,899 (New entry)
- [PSV] God Eater Resurrection – 20,812 (Lifetime sales -146,688)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad – 19,810 (1,714,160)
Comparing this number to last year, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sold over 140,000 copies in launch week in Japan.
Activision announced yesterday that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 was the biggest entertainment launch of the year, with the game earning over $550 million in sales worldwide.