Infinity Ward’s Jacob Minkoff and Taylor Kurosaki sat down with PlayStation for a live stream and revealed some new interesting details about the game’s campaign mode.
- Stays within our solar system, fighting against humans. There are no aliens.
- Seamless experience has been a big innovation in this year’s title; allows players to transition from a zero gravity environment to on the ground mission with few to no loading screens.
- Infinity Ward has done a lot of work to make sure the title still feels like a Call of Duty game.
- “That’s our primary goal…to make a believable, war story.”
- They are not announcing the year the game takes place in yet.
- Campaign is one player only, no co-op
- Not all missions involve zero gravity environments; there are missions on the ground in space stations, Earth, asteroids, and more.
- He talked about the M4 and M16 weapons possibly returning; focus on ballistic weaponry.
- Game features new equipment; trophy system returning, works as a defense mechanism for ships too.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a new sub brand for Call of Duty; completely different story and setting than Call of Duty: Ghosts. New cast, characters, and more.
- Players will play as Lt. Reyes in the campaign; he becomes a Captain as the game goes on. Being a leader, Reyes makes decisions that previous Call of Duty title protagonists didn’t.
- Although there are side missions in the game, everyone will experience the same story arc for the game. Side missions won’t change the story line.
Watch a replay of the stream from earlier here: