Activision and Treyarch have officially announced the third downloadable content pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Descent. Descent DLC Pack 3 will be available on July 12th on PlayStation 4.
“One of things I love most about Treyarch is that team just keeps going for it,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head, Treyarch. “Descent doesn’t take its foot off the gas, serving up a flat-out scorching Zombies experience, as well as multiplayer map designs and gameplay opportunities that we think our fans are going to love.”
This pack includes four new multiplayer maps, including a remake of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2’s Raid, and a new Zombies experience, Gorod Krovi.
- Empire: Treyarch adapts its Black Ops III movement system to the Call of Duty®: Black Ops II fan favorite map Raid. The re-imagining of this classic, medium-sized map features an authentic Roman villa that has been “recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire,” where a classic map structure mixes with the new gameplay mechanics of Black Ops III.
- Cryogen: Located far off the coast in the Dead Sea, an isolated compound holds some of the world’s most dangerous criminals in frozen isolation. Sentry towers keep watch over the small map’s circular design as frenetic combat is funneled around the prison’s cryogenic tubes, where opportunities for wall running attacks abound.
- Berserk: Ancient sentinels from a lost civilization guard the entrance to Berserk, a Viking village frozen in time. Players will fight through blizzards, and control the center bridge as they navigate this medium-sized map’s wooden buildings, deadly rocky outcroppings, and tight chokepoints.
- Rumble: Gamers battle amongst larger-than-life mechanized warriors in Rumble, a stadium where giant robots battle to the roar of the crowd. This medium-sized map funnels high-speed combat to the central arena, where players battle their way through fallen mechs and pyrotechnics.
- Gorod Krovi: Descent also thrusts players to an alternate universe of Nikolai’s motherland, the 1940s Soviet Union, in the next highly-anticipated chapter of the Origins Zombies saga, Gorod Krovi. Players face-off against a swarm of mechanized zombie infantry and dodge hell-fire from aerial dragon assaults, all in the middle of a raging battle within the remnants of Stalingrad. Gorod Krovi delivers the most exciting Zombies experience yet, filled with horrifying new enemies, exciting new gameplay mechanics and an epic set of Zombie annihilating weapons.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Descent is available July 12th on PlayStation 4 and is coming soon to Xbox One and PC. Descent is available with the Black Ops 3 Season Pass or available separately for $14.99. DLC Pack 3 is not available on PS3 or Xbox 360.