Activision and Infinity Ward have officially announced what will be included in the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Beta.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Beta Weekend 1 starts Friday, October 14 at 10AM PT and ends on Monday, October 17 at 10AM PT only on PlayStation 4. The second weekend of the beta will kick off on October 21st at 10AM PT on PS4 and Xbox One and end on October 24.
The Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Beta will include 3 maps, 4 modes, 3 Combat Rigs, and more.
- FRONTIER: Circular, two-lane, fast-paced. Frontier is a small section of a giant space station that is in orbit around the planet Neptune. The action is funneled down a long, central corridor with side paths offering an element of strategy and a constricted lower lane for players craving chaos.
- FROST: Linear, three-lane, medium-paced. A research facility set atop the icy surface of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Ample opportunities for vertical combat and rapid encounters around sleek modular elements highlight this frozen battleground.
- THROWBACK: Bent, three-lane, medium-paced. This throwback 1950’s ‘Main Street USA’ locale sits on a giant, rotating, torus-shaped space station. A large circular lane rings the perimeter, while a large center square with multiple avenues of approach and two opposing windows offers a wide range of engagement opportunities.
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
Only 3 out of the 6 Combat Rigs will be available to play in the beta, including Warfighter, Synaptic, and MERC.
WARFIGHTER: Designed for a mid-range assault-style player, equip the Warfighter rig to support the team by getting fast kills, quickly getting to an objective, and always being on the offensive.
- Claw: Powerful spread-shot weapon. Fires bullets that can ricochet around corners.
- Combat Focus: Allows you to get double points for a limited time, getting you to that scorestreak even faster.
- Overdrive: Gives you a speed boost.
- Ping: Kills and assists send a ping that highlights nearby enemies.
- Persistence: Scorestreak counts don’t reset after death, but cost more.
- Resupply: Lethals and tacticals can be resupplied by scavenging supplies from downed foes.
MERC: This imposing suit is equipped with payload options designed to clear enemy threats quickly and with authority. Its focus is heavy defense and suppressive fire.
- Steel Dragon: Heavy beam weapon that can target multiple enemies.
- Bull Charge: Armored riot shield that destroys enemies as you charge.
- Reactive Armor: Electromagnetically charged armor that shields you from enemy fire.
- Infusion: When triggered, regenerates health quickly after taking damage.
- Man-At-Arms: Heavy weapons won’t slow you down, and you start with maximum ammo.
- Shock Wave: Slam yourself into the ground and enemies with this devastating jump.
SYNAPTIC: A C6 Class remote-operated droid optimized for speed and close quarters combat.
- Equalizer: Dual under-arm machine guns with built-in suppressors for close quarters combat.
- Rewind: Rewinds your position and replenishes health and ammo.
- Reaper: Switches you into four-legged, rapid melee combat mode.
- Combat Burst: After each kill, gain a boost of movement speed.
- Propulsion Jump: pack that recharges quickly and allows you to damage enemies underneath you with the blast from the jump pack.
- Rushdown: Allows you to dash in any horizontal direction.
The beta will also feature the new Mission Teams meta game feature available in Infinite Warfare:
Mission Teams bring a metagame to Multiplayer in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. By completing missions while enlisted in a team, you will earn a team rank. Complete those missions with honors, and you will earn extra experience towards your rank.
Each team has a unique commander who will deliver missions to you, and comment on your success or failure. Ranking up will give you rewards from that team, including calling cards, camos, emblems, unique Rig cosmetics, as well as specific prototype weapons that are only available from that team.
The beta will also feature some surprises, which Infinity Ward will announce closer to the beta start.
In order to get access to the beta, you must preorder Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare at retailers or digitally. If you preorder at a retailer, you will receive a code to redeem at callofduty.com/beta. Once you’ve redeemed your code on the official Call of Duty site, Activision will send you a beta download code closer to the beta’s start time.
If you preorder Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare digitally on PS4 or Xbox One, you do not need a code. The beta will become available for you to download when it is released.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Beta is not available on PC.