UPDATE – Aug 28: Here’s what the team at SHG are aware of and working on in WWII after the feedback from Weekend 1:
- It has come to our attention that some users are seeing an incorrect error message saying servers are down when they are not.
- We have identified a rare bug where users are seeing a false message about players being kicked from their parties. We have identified and fixed the issue.
- We are aware of a bug that prompts you to “Unlock and Equip” an item, but it only unlocks the item and does not equip. We are working on fixing this. (It’s annoying to us too)
- Some of the battle chatter and hit marker audio still requires some fine tuning. Specifically, the NPC call outs of enemy positions need some addressing.
- There is a bug that is causing some party members to lose connection with the lobby host.
SHG is also working on the following updates for launch, and want to hear our feedback on:
- Adjusting Dom kills to 100pts, from 50.
- Increasing TDM end match score to 100.
- Hit feedback improvements, including better audio and more obvious headshot indicator
- Reducing Molotov to x1 per Scorestreak.
- Sprint out to ADS time refinement.
- Incendiary Shells as default off, and perhaps need to be nerfed.
- Paratrooper strength / cost balancing.
- Recon Aircraft too vulnerable to rifle damage.
- Color Blind support option.
- Bumper Jumper and other key controller configs.
UPDATE – Aug 27: Following Day 3 of the WWII Beta, Condrey has posted another update on Reddit on what the team at SHG is working on fixing after our feedback:
- Some users are being put into a ghost lobby after being pulled out of a post-War lobby by a party leader. We are currently investigating a fix.
- We’ve fixed the collision issue, as well as the mobility issue with the Paratroopers Scorestreak on Gibraltar. We believe some of these edge case issues are resolved now. We’re also looking at the difficulty of these troopers. Perhaps the scorestreak needs to be cheaper, or maybe the troopers need to be more deadly. We’ll keep watching this closely.
- We’ve solved the Expeditionary Division level 2 progression issue, and players are now able to equip a second grenade.
- With respect to the level 2 Infantry Division issue, we have fixed this as well. Players are now able to equip a third primary attachment.
- We identified some issues with the German language battle chatter and have resolved these concerns.
- There is a rare bug that has caused some users to spawn out of the map on Gibraltar. We are actively looking into this issue.
- We’ve identified a bug where the user successfully explodes a bomb in Overtime, and the overtime HUD element will stay on the user’s screen for the rest of the game and incorrectly display that the user is in OT. We are currently investigating solutions.
- There is a rare bug where adding a suppressor on an SMG removes the ability to cancel reload. We are currently investigating.
UPDATE – Aug 26: Following Day 2 of the Call of Duty: WWII Beta, Michael Condrey has shared another update on what the team at SHG is working on fixing after our feedback thus far. Condrey says more updates and fixes to the WWII beta will roll out today.
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera eSports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
Stay tuned for the latest info!
In a new Reddit post, Michael Condrey has shared an update on what the team at Sledgehammer Games is currently aware of in terms of issues that players are experiencing in the WWII beta.
Condrey says they will be rolling out updates to the beta over the next 24 hours to address some of the issues.
- We are aware that some strict Nat types and firewall combinations may experiences issues going into a match with a party.
- There is a collision issue with the paratrooper scorestreak on Gibraltar that can cause the troopers to fail to drop into the match due to a bad landing zone.
- When the Expeditionary Division is leveled up to rank 2, the player may be unable to equip a second grenade.
- When the Infantry Division is leveled up to rank 2, the player may be unable to equip a third primary attachment slot.
- The Activision code redemption site was offline briefly today due to site issues. All issues were resolved by early afternoon.
- A couple of our dedicated servers auto-installed an OS patch today. This caused a short period of higher than expected latency hits to in-progress matches on those servers. Most were minimal, however some game play artifacts were noticed for a brief period.
- We’re investigation a rare bug where motion blur does not reset correctly.
- Occasionally, extended time to access the After-Action Report can result in the countdown clock being too short between matches.
Stay tuned for the latest information on the WWII Beta!