Official Call of Duty: Ghosts logo
Available now for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PC, and Wii U
The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the critically-acclaimed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.
- Infinity Ward is focusing on making the Ghosts campaign larger, more open missions with lots of freedom for the user.
- Ghosts has lots of stealth missions compared to previous games, which help represent the Ghosts characters.
- First Call of Duty game to offer a origins story about the real event in the world and where the characters came from.
- The Odin space station was launched by the United States as a means of protect the country against any attacks.
- There is space warfare in this game; fighting for control of the Odin missile space station.
- Rods from Odin strike have opened America for full on invasion by enemies that you never thought would attack
- In game, the father character sends his son to war to fight back for the country – gaining of a family aspect.
- Action near and around a moving train across the side of a mountain.
- Full on invasion by enemies south of the equator onto US soil; never expected an invasion of this sort from such countries.
- Antagonist of Ghosts is an fictional South American confederation
- Story starts off by you trying to fight back what you lost, then changes mid way to get revenge
- Dog’s name is Riley – you use his camera to control him; you can make him bark; attack enemies with him.
- Want strong “emotional” attachment with characters.
- Game is focused on South America oil regions
- You fight alongside your brother.
- There is a mysterious biological threat with “devastated environment”
- Underwater level (already revealed) is an environment of it’s own. You have gun fights, new soldiers coming at your location from different directions. Using a Russian weapon that is weak, but useful underwater. “Enemies and the player take cover behind rocks and reefs, but also use the unique verticality to get an elevated shot or dodge fire.”
- Infinity Ward built a whole new underwater environment
- You have to swim from cover to cover – just like an above ground battle.
- The dog – “it’s a remote recon scout and deadly weapon controlled by the player via a tablet-like viewfinder”
- No ties to Modern Warfare – the Simon Riley mask is just a “fan service”.
- Wants world to be a character.
- New gameplay to “customize” the level as you go; hidden things create sub-mission or effect story
- They are trying to tell a “story” that makes the player care about whats happening
- Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, and an all-new Call of Duty world.
- There’s a cast of characters that “you will feel emotionally attached too.”
- Story begins 1o years after a mass event – America’s crippled – government’s in disarray, military forces crippled
- We, as players, fight back against the superior forces
- Ghosts are a super elite fighting force
- Addition to squad: Riley – Dogs – it’s a squad member; you care about the dog’s actions.
- Takes place in America a few years from now.
- A lot of battles and destruction have taken place already.
- Things don’t look good for America.
- The “Ghosts Team”, no one knows who they are or where they came from.
- Ghosts are salvation & hope.
- You play with your brother as a Ghost.
- Brothers grew up in this environment, idolize the Ghosts team. Were born shortly after event.
- Story begins were brothers meet the Ghosts team.
- Sub-brand clarified, start of new “story-arc”. Not in MW or Black Ops universe; its own universe.
- No relation to Ghost in Modern Warfare 2.
- You don’t change characters on mission basis – play as the same group throughout.
- Ghosts will not have a branching campaign like Black Ops 2, but it will have these ‘Easter egg-ish’ sub missions.
- No Man’s Land – takes place in San Diego – you and your brother are driving through San Diego and see the destruction and damage done. Major emphasis on stealth; reach a crater where you need hazmat suits and gas masks. You have not met up with the rest of the Ghosts team yet. This mission is in the beginning of the game.
- Into the Deep – takes place underwater – The Caribbean Sea – lots of destruction underwater; gun fights are possible but bullets aren’t as effective; you get attacked multiple times are you are actually weak compared to enemy.
- Federation Day – Caracas, Venezuela – opens w/ you in a skyscraper, you prepare to zip line glide through the map. Fireworks in background celebrating an unspecified holiday. Team locates a server room, and then install some hacking device onto the computers.
- Struck Down – San Diego, California – You assume control of “Logan” for this mission, and have to fight through the enemy line in a San Diego stadium. You start off by mounting a .50cal which allows you to see the Greenway Park stadium. You look over to the press box, and there is Ajax, one of you partners getting beaten up by Federal Soldiers. Read here for more.
- Ghost Stories
- Brave New World
- Legends Never Die
- Birds of Prey
- The Hunted
- Jungle Ghosts
- Atlas Falls
- End of the Line
- Sin City
- All or nothing
- Severed Ties
- The Ghost Killer
Part of the Ghosts squad:
Enemies are knowns as the Federation of the South American countries.
- While jumping over objects, you can continue to shoot your weapon.
- “But instead of aiming down your sights and pulling the trigger, you target an enemy and tap the shoulder button to lunge for their throats”
- Next-generation weapons, never seen before in Call of Duty game
- Running quickly – hit a wall – get a “boom” effect before jumping over it. Animation of jumping over barriers are also brand new
- Better collaboration between player movements and response time
- 60 FPS on all platforms.
- Brand new ‘lean’ feature – can lean out and see what’s happening
- New sliding feature
- Fluid dynamics
- Interactive smoke
- New AI system – fish move out of the way when you go close to them
- Brand new lighting tech – “level makes you feel like you are there”
- Dramatically improved visuals – including hair on characters arms, realistic look of scars, and more
- Motion captured dogs – get full effect of how Navy Seal Dog looks + acts
- Two main focuses for next-gen engine are displacing mapping and sub-d.
- Wanted environment to be jaw dropping and immersive.
- New engine applies to current gen (Xbox 360/PS3) also.
New SQUADS mode in Call of Duty: Ghosts:
Call of Duty: Ghosts features an all-new third mode of play, Squads, which allows players of all skill levels to take their squad of soldiers created in multiplayer and enlist to play solo, cooperatively with up to six players, or competitively. Squads features a variety of play-types, allowing fans to swap-out their custom soldiers at any time with a friend for quick-action co-op. The competition can be fierce, as squad soldiers display life-like, skilled tactics and behaviors like side-strafing, corner-camping, jump-shooting and more. Players and their squads will earn XP, and if you’re offline, be prepared, as your squad may be challenged for play on their own.
- Squad vs. Squad – Two-player competitive, pitting you & your squad vs. your opponent & their squad.
- Squad Assault – Play against another player’s squad – even when they’re offline in up to six-player co-op. Match-make against squads made from around the world, or select one of your friend’s squads to assault. Offline players get in on the action, as they apply strategy too as they can determine the loadouts of their squad, as well as the map and mode that their squad will defend.
- Wargame – You &your handpicked squad of five soldiers vs. another squad, swap out your custom soldiers at any time with a friend for quick co-op play.
- Safeguard – Survive wave after wave of enemies in up to four-player co-op.
All progress in Squads counts towards multiplayer XP, so players can rank-up their characters and unlock weapons, equipment and more.