November’s NPD results have officially been released today, and they have confirmed that Call of Duty: Ghosts was the best selling game in the entire month. Call of Duty: Ghosts was released on Nov. 5th for 360, PS3, PC, and PS4, and released on Nov. 22nd on Xbox One.
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PC, NWU)**
- Battlefield 4 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC, NWU)**
- Madden NFL 25 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)**
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)**
- Skylanders SWAP Force (WII, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS, XBO, PS4)**
- Just Dance 2014 (WII, 360, NWU, XBO, PS3, PS4)**
- Disney Infinity (WII, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- FIFA 14 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PSV)
As for the next-generation consoles, the PS4 is the ‘top-selling console’, and the biggest console launch in the history. Xbox One is the ‘fastest-selling console’ in the US only, selling over 900K in November in the US.
It’s now clear that the launch of PS4 is one for the record books. This afternoon we learned from market research firm NPD Group that PS4 was the top-selling console for November and PlayStation was #1 in sales overall for home consoles. This news comes on the heels of yesterday’s confirmation that the PS4 launch is the biggest ever in the history of game consoles. Ever! And it’s all thanks to you.
We’re also seeing gamers embrace the social capabilities of PS4 at a record pace. Earlier this week, we announced that hundreds of thousands of gamers are using the PS4’s integrated streaming capabilities. Nearly 800,000 gameplay broadcasts and more than 7.1 million spectate sessions have streamed through Twitch and Ustream, totaling more than 20 million minutes of live gameplay.
Xbox has seen record-breaking sales with the recent announcement of Xbox One selling more than 2 million units through to consumers worldwide since its launch. November NPD Group figures released today revealed 909,132 Xbox One units were sold in the U.S. in the console’s first nine days, making it the fastest selling console on the market in the U.S. Xbox One sales averaged a volume of more than 101,000 consoles per day, significantly outpacing the nearest competitor.