The first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts is now available on PSN and PC. Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught is the first of four DLC packs set to release for Call of Duty: Ghosts in 2014. This pack includes 4 new MP maps, the Maverick AR & Sniper, and Extinction Episode 1: Nightfall.
- “Fog,” is a small to medium sized map set alongside the banks of a murky lake. Every area within “Fog” is a chilling homage to classic horror films, from an eerie campsite, flickering TVs, torture chamber, and seemingly abandoned structures as players try to unlock the map’s dark secret. If a player happens to find and complete a specific Field Order, they become the embodiment of evil and don the persona of one of cinema’s most iconic horror characters, Michael Myers. Additionally, the entire soundscape changes to the eerily familiar Halloween Theme music so other players know to run for their lives.
- “BayView,” a close-quarters map set on a coastal Californian boardwalk packed with seaside gift stores and an aquarium, offering players fast-paced run-and-gun matches. Players must also be wary of the deadly artillery strike enemies can call-in from a Naval Destroyer anchored just offshore.
- “Containment,” transports players to a war-torn Mexican village, where the battle rages along both banks of the dried out riverbed. The action in this compact map centers on the remains of a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck filled with leaking radioactive material. Surrounded by a myriad of abandoned bars, cafes, a church and a pool hall, “Containment” also features elevated rooftop vantage points for players who prefer longer-range engagements.
- “Ignition,” launches players into an aging Florida space launch facility. Inspired by “Scrapyard” – the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2, reimagined with dynamic gameplay elements – “Ignition” packs plenty of action both above and below ground amongst abandoned warehouses, flame trenches, and a massive transport crawler. As if rockets crash-landing into the map weren’t enough, the close-quarters combat is further complicated via two separate rocket test engines sites that opposing forces can trigger, sending massive fireballs into the already intense firefights, and the failed launch of a massive rocket has a dramatic effect on the combat.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught also arms players with a deadly new addition to the Call of Duty: Ghosts’ weapons arsenal with the “Maverick,” a dual-purpose Assault Rifle or Sniper Rifle that players can choose how to use depending on their tactical needs – a first for Call of Duty. Outfitted with a lightweight wood stock this weapon can be selected in either the Assault or the Sniper Rifle class. As an Assault Rifle the weapon’s fire rate becomes fully-automatic with high damage at a decent range, and as a Sniper Rifle the “Maverick” sports an advanced scope and a semi-auto rate of fire.
- “Episode 1: Nightfall.” Introducing a narrative driven by two new characters, and featuring two all-new alien species and an exclusive weapon, “Episode 1: Nightfall” is a fast and frenetic, action-packed continuation of the original Extinction experience in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Set in a remote facility hidden deep within the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the newly revealed alien threat. A small recon team of elite soldiers must infiltrate the site to retrieve intel and exterminate the hordes of savage creatures, and along the way uncover a three-story tall terror unlike anything they’ve faced before.