Infinity Ward has announced that the Devastation DLC for PSN/PC customers will release on Thursday, May 8th.
Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holders get instant access to the “Ripper” weapon and can use it in all Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer maps now.
Devastation DLC brings 4 new MP maps, The Ripper, and Mayday for Extinction:
- Set in a multi-level Mayan temple, “Ruins” provides the verticality needed for long-range weapons, while the underground pathways below are perfect for close-quarters showdowns. Skilled players that find and complete the map’s unique Field Order will have the ability to become one of Hollywood’s most formidable action film stars and the galaxy’s ultimate hunter, the deadly Predator. As the Predator, players will brandish its dual wrist blades and shoulder-mounted plasma cannon, as well as be able to utilize the creature’s keen hunting abilities to track down enemy players.
- “Collision” takes place in the mangled remains of a cargo ship that’s crashed into a New York City bridge. The map’s tight corridors – made-up of burnt-out vehicles and demolished shipping containers – create a space perfect for run-and-gun players. Players that dominate “Collision” and complete the map’s specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
- “Behemoth” drops players atop a massive excavation platform in South America. The map’s long sight lines are ideal for long-range weapons, while the confined interiors of the platform’s control rooms make for intense SMG and Shotgun encounters. Completing “Behemoth’s” Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing mini-gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- “Unearthed” is a reimagined version of the fan-favorite map “Dome” from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3. “Unearthed” is full of new secrets and Cryptid artifacts for players to discover in this compact, versatile map, great for all play types. Unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, with three “Seeder” aliens chasing down and inflicting heavy damage on enemy combatants.
- “Episode 2: Mayday” – the next chapter in the ongoing episodic Extinction story. In the aftermath of the events at the Nightfall Program facility in the Alaskan wilderness, the Quick Reaction Force boards a mysteriously abandoned Chinese research vessel adrift in the South Pacific Ocean. Armed with multiple, mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapons that harness the power of Cryptid technology, players will pursue Captain Archer in an attempt to uncover what’s become of Dr. Cross, all while battling against a new Cryptid enemy called the “Seeder”, and culminating with players facing-off against a massive, 400-foot tall Cryptid beast from the deep – the “Kraken.”