Infinity Ward has posted a new article on the official CoD site revealing some new details and tips on the newly released Chaos Mode for Extinction. Chaos Mode for Extinction is available now on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC; PS4/PS3 players will get the new patch sometime next week (exact timing TBA).
Fill a combo meter by damaging Cryptids, collecting weapons or upgrades, and using your abilities. As your combo builds, so does your power, with an expanding set of Perks unlocking as the multiplier reaches new heights. And just when you think all hope is lost, the occasional bonus drop might just give you the edge to push back the swarm and continue building that combo.
Sit idly by and you won’t last long; stay in the fight and reap the rewards. As the combo meter reaches certain multiplier milestones, the following Perks will stack up in your favor against the Cryptids’ never-ending attack.
Perk (Combo Multiplier)
- Fast Hands (10)
- Increased Melee Damage (20)
- Better Traps (30)
- Gas Mask (40)
- Sleight of Hand (50)
- Stopping Power I (60)
- Steady Aim (70)
- Stalker (80)
- Revive Protection (90)
- Fast Health Regen (100)
- Marathon (110)
- More Cash (120)
- Stopping Power II (130)
- Agility (140)
- Extra Health (150)
- Feral Vision (160)
In addition to Perks, periodically bonus packages will drop that can help get your team out of a jam, including:
Combo Freeze – Freeze the combo meter momentarily for all players
Skill Upgrade – All players gain a Skill Point
Grace Period – Add 30 seconds to the grace timer
Self Revive – Pick yourself back up (one time use only)
- Bonus Score
- Bonus Cash
- Trophy System
- Hypno Knife
- Specialist – Unlimited ammo and Feral Vision for 15 seconds, plus extra bullet damage
- Tank – Taunt nearby Cryptids, plus 15 seconds of invulnerability
- Engineer – Lay a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter for 15 seconds
- Medic – Emit an aura of healing and instant revive for 15 seconds
- Venom-X – Default Venom-X (Nightfall and Mayday only)
- Venom-X Fire – Fire variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Venom-X Lightning – Lightning variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Tesla Trap – Shock incoming Cryptids (Mayday only)
- Hypno Trap – Turn multiple Cryptids to your side (Mayday only)
- Stun Ammo – Stun ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Incendiary Ammo – Incendiary ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Explosive Ammo – Explosive ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Armor Piercing Ammo – Armor Piercing ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
SOURCE: Call of Duty