Michael Condrey has confirmed that Advanced Warfare’s eSports playlist “Ranked Play” Pre-Season will begin this Tuesday November 4th, 2014. The mode will feature monthly seasons, with the first to start in December.
For those with questions on how the mode works, users on Reddit have broken down the features and ranking of this playlist. Here’s a summary:
- The mode is located under “Find Match” -> “Ranked Play.” It features up to 8 players total, and features Momentum, Uplink, CTF, Search & Destroy, and Hardpoint.
- As of right now, nothing is restricted as eSports rules have not been determined.
- All players start in the Bronze Division.
- There will be monthly seasons, with Pre-Season starting Tuesday. Currently it’s Season 0.
- There are “Division Points”. In order to rank up from Bronze to Silver, you need to earn 100 division points. Once the 100 points are reached, you will need to complete 3 more matches in which you win at least 2 of them to be promoted to the next division.
- You get Division Points by winning games and lose Division Points by loosing games.
- If there is an uneven amount of players at the end of a game, it is noted in the summary right underneath the given division points.
.@rcodcompetitive pre-season starts Nov 4. Will only get better as we move to season 1 and beyond.
— Michael Condrey (@MichaelCondrey) November 2, 2014
SOURCE: @MichaelCondrey and Reddit