The November System Update for Xbox One has begun rolling out today and it has brought the ability to change the background of your console’s home screen. You have the ability to set achievement images as backgrounds (find the achievement within the Achievement App, and click “Set background) or you can add your own via USB.
Here’s how to set one of those as your background:
- Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
- Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
- Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
- Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
- Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
- Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
- Select “Set as background”
- You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Hom
If you want to make your own background image, you can download the Photoshop template HERE (note: Adobe Photoshop required to open this file).
If you have any backgrounds you want us to share, let us know in the comments!