32 teams entered the 2017 Call of Duty World League Championship, presented by PlayStation 4, and OpTic Gaming were crowned the 2017 Call of Duty champion. After an incredible weekend of Call of Duty action, OpTic Gaming took on Team EnVyUs in the CWL Champs Grand Finals. OpTic forced a second best of five series, after taking the first one 3-1. OpTic dominated the second series, winning it 3-0.
Here are the top 12 placings:
- 1st Place: OpTic Gaming // $600,000
- 2nd Place: Team EnVyUs // $200,000
- 3rd Place: Luminosity // $100,000
- 4th Place: Rise Nation // $80,000
- 5th & 6th Place: FaZe Clan and eUnited // $55,000 each
- 7th & 8th Place: Splyce and Ghost Gaming // $35,000 each
- 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th Place: Epsilon esports, Team Infused, Enigma6 Group, Team Allegiance // $25,000 each
This event was the final event for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. During the 2017 CWL season, Activision gave out over $4 million, the largest overall prize purse in Call of Duty history.
All eyes are now on the esports season for the upcoming Call of Duty: WWII. SHG and Activision have yet to announce the esports features in WWII, so stay tuned for the latest news.