UPDATE: Michael Condrey has posted on Reddit what the team at SHG is working on after Day 3 of the WWII Beta Weekend 2.
Here’s the text of what he posted on Reddit, which includes some details on possible map changes, TDM score updates, weapon feedback, and more:
- As you know, we added a new mode to the Mosh Pit playlist – Kill Confirmed. For those of you who haven’t yet played, we encourage you to hop in and try it out! Mosh brings all of the fan favorite modes, now including KC. Its a great boots on the ground game mode, and the match data we’re getting is really helpful. So please be sure to spend some time in Mosh today.
- We’ve also noticed a number of you commenting that raising the PT score to 100 for TDM might be sub optimal. This was a community ask, and it felt like a good time to compare it to weekend one. We’ve spent nearly 3 years playing, and 75 felt better to us. By the end of weekend 2, we’re looking to lock the decision, so please let us know your thoughts.
- Some of you have expressed concern about the range play needed for the Aachen map. Personally, I enjoy Aachen within the larger map rotation we play at SHG. That said, we’re listening and may make some map changes as a result. Thanks again for staying constructive, it really helps!
- Many of you have commented that you love the changes we’ve made to sprint-out to ADS times. We’re glad we were able to improve this and that you’re enjoying it much more. We’re talking about flinch tuning as well, though we don’t have anything concrete to share yet.
- The M1928 is getting a lot of love. It is one of the most iconic weapons of WWII, and it’s great to see it in match. We’re glad you are enjoying playing with it. It’s a popular SMG at the studio. Though not the most popular. The Airborne Division prestige unlock weapon is pretty gassed.
- A lot of you have expressed that you love the main menu music. Thank you so much for noticing all the extra creative touches we’ve added. We had a lot of amazing recording sessions with a phenomenal orchestra at a premier symphony location in Nashville. I know they will be glad to hear about all the positive reactions the music is receiving!
- At 10am PST morning, we’re rolling out an update that includes an important fix to some audio timing on weapon fire rates. There is no actual changes to the weapon tuning, but the audio may sound different on certain weapons. Looking forward to your thoughts once it’s live.
In a new Reddit post, Michael Condrey has shared some updates following Day 2 of Weekend 2 of the WWII Beta. His full comments are viewable here, but in this article we wanted to share some of the bigger highlights.
Based upon fan feedback from the WWII Beta, Sledgehammer Games has announced they have made adjustments to the Hitmarker feedback for launch and are also working on flinch adjustments. Alongside this, there are many new control options will be coming to the game at launch:
- Bumper Jumper
- Bumper Jumper Tactical
- Stick and Move
- One-Hand Gunslinger
- N0M4D L3F7Y
All of the items listed above are coming for the game’s launch in November. For the beta, on Saturday, SHG will be rolling out updates to MP Beta with adjustments to ADS timing out of sprint based upon feedback.
Condrey also shared that all of the different maps in the final game will cater to different types of play styles and divisions. He shared few details on some new maps, which aren’t available in the beta.
It is important to us that throughout the maps coming at launch, players will experience iconic battle locations and face a variety of layouts to master. Flak Tower, which we showed at the Gamescom Competitive Exhibition is also very different from the Gustav Cannon, which we showed in the MP Reveal Trailer. So, get some time in on all five of the iconic Divisions in the MP Beta this weekend, you’ll want to have each ready to join the fight in November.