UPDATE – October 1: Following Day 2 and Day 3 of the PC Beta, Condrey has shared another update on Reddit in regards to what they are working on based upon PC beta feedback.
The team at SHG and Raven are currently looking at bringing the following updates to PC:
- Mouse performance
- Connection quality optimizations
- Playing with multiple monitors
- Better switching between the game and other apps
- Rendering performance tuning
- More keyboard bind options
- UI improvements
- FOV concerns
Alongside this, Condrey has shared a list of updates they are working on to bring to PC for the game’s launch:
- In War Mode, some buildable walls showing the gamertag of the person hiding behind them, giving away their position.
- Implementing an option to quit the game from the MP menu, rather than having to go to Settings – Main Menu – Exit
- Adding functionality to use numbers to set sensitivity, not just a slider
- Allowing hold on Shift key to keep sprinting
- Allowing hold and release Tab for the scoreboard
- Some weapon muzzle flashes may be too strong in 1st person view model perspective
Michael Condrey has posted an update on Reddit following Day 1 of the Call of Duty: WWII PC Beta.
Condrey has revealed some of the issues they are aware of following fan feedback from the PC version of the game:
- Some players mentioned having trouble accessing the game. Whether this was due to bad connections or blank loading screens, we are working hard to address these issues and improve them as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience!
- We’ve seen several mid-match crashes during playing that we are actively working to fix.
- We’ve identified some minor rendering issues and are actively working to fix these.
In addition, SHG and Raven will be rolling out some fixes to the PC version during the beta period:
- Infinite level loads and time-outs when using shader pre-caching and letter-boxing
- Crash fix on start-up for Windows 8.0
- Fixes to the behavior of the Resolution/Render Resolution/T2X Resolution advanced video options
- Fixes to the T2X Resolution setting not getting preserved after exiting the game
Alongside all of this, Condrey has stated that the PC version has weapon tuning updates following the feedback from the console beta. The tuning updates are all in testing, and SHG is asking for player feedback from the new weapon updates. This includes almost all SMGs being slightly nerfed.
- We reduced the damage per second and decreased falloff range across all SMGs.
- The STG44 Assault Rifle recoil was nerfed.
- Minor buff to the fire rate of the M1A1, 1911 and P-08.