During a live stream today, Activision and MLG announced the details regarding the 2018 Call of Duty World League Season. The season will be played on Call of Duty: WWII on PlayStation 4.
The season consists of several major competitive events, a CWL Pro League season, and concludes with the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship in the fall.
The first event will be MLG Dallas, taking place Dallas on December 8 through December 10. The prize pool for the event will be $200,000.
Here’s the overview on the 2018 Call of Duty: World League season from Activision:
- Six Massive Open LANs for CWL Pro Points, each featuring a $200,000 Prize Pool
- Dallas, TX — December 8-10
- New Orleans, LA — January 12-14
- Atlanta, GA — March 9-11
- Three additional Global Open events to be revealed
- CWL Pro League Returns to MLG Arena in Columbus, beginning in January 2018
- Two divisions of eight teams compete this season in each Stage, expanding League play to fourteen matches per Stage
- Broadcast moving to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Top four teams in each division move onto the playoffs
- $200,000 prize pool distributed during Stage competition
- $500,000 prize pool on the line at each Stage playoff
- Stage 1 begins January 23 – March 22
- Playoffs for Stage 1 begin April 6
- Stage 2 begins May 15 – July 19
- Playoffs for Stage 2 begin July 27
- New CWL National Circuit:
- Competition for top teams that did not qualify for the Call of Duty World League
- Regional competition, eight online leagues: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and US
- 3,000 CWL Pro Points awarded to each winning team per stage, plus $1000 prize pool for winner, and travel and accommodations to attend a select Global Open event or Last Chance Qualifier
- Stage 1 — January 26 – February 16
- Stage 2 — March 16 – April 13
- Stage 3 — May 11 – June 1
- Stage 4 — June 22 – July 13
- Call of Duty World League Championship will return in 2018
- 32 teams from around the globe compete for $1.5 million prize pool
- Online competition in MLG GameBattles for CWL Pro Points in all eligible regions beginning on November 3, 2017
- All qualification and seeding is based on CWL Pro Points, awarded to registered players
- Points belong to the player, not the team
- Fifteen Online CWL 2K Tournaments Throughout the Season
- 2,000 CWL Pro Points per tournament and cash prizing to winners – planned for the season per region; first tournament slated for November 12.
“We can’t wait to start the new season of the Call of Duty World League. Beginning in Dallas in December and continuing all season long, CWL players and fans are in for the biggest season yet in Call of Duty Esports history,” said Executive Vice President and General Manager of Call of Duty, Rob Kostich. “This season will feature Call of Duty: WWII, and offer more opportunities to compete, view and experience the CWL through more open LAN events, the highly competitive Pro League and the all-new CWL National Circuit. This is shaping up to be a great season full of exciting new competition, rivalries and great gameplay.”
Stay tuned for the latest information.