Sledgehammer Games has posted their latest weekly update, with new information about what’s coming with tomorrow’s new game update for Call of Duty: WWII.
The new update is set to bring changes, fixes, and new content for Call of Duty: WWII, starting with the new St. Patrick’s Day event. The new in-game event, Operation: Shamrock and Awe, will go live tomorrow, bringing with it a new content and more.
There are BIG Quartermaster Changes that are coming March 13:
- Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – SHG is increasing the number of new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms being added, in order to increase the amount of items in those categories.
- More Ways to Earn Weapons – SHG is offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
- Lowered Duplicate Rates – SHG plans to reduce the frequency of duplicates players receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
- Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
- New Special Orders – The feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get has been heard, and SHG are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
- New Categories of Items – SHG will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
- Content Changes – SHG is removing gold foil calling cards and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
- Armory Drops – SHG are adding a new Supply Drop type called “Armory Drops.” These will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits.
Operation: Shamrock and Awe will go live tomorrow. Here’s a sneak peek of some of the content coming.