In a new interview with PlayStation Blog, David Vonderhaar, Studio Design Director at Treyarch, has confirmed that the Blackout Battle Royale mode is in first person.
Vahn says Call of Duty delivers Battle Royale uniquely because of the heritage and how there’s 10 years worth of Black Ops content that can be brought together for this mode. It’s “distinctly first person, obviously,” he says.
Vahn re-affirmed in his interview that the Blackout mode is available in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at launch on October 12. During the keynote reveal, Vahn stated that the map is 1500 times bigger than Nuketown. In this interview with PlayStation blog, he says that that estimate is on the conservative side, claiming it will end up being bigger than what they’re hinting at so far.
“1500 times bigger than Nuketown. And I think that’s probably being conservative really. We did some map math and you know it’s a big world. Biggest we’ve ever created for sure. And you navigate it with land, sea, and air vehicles – both new and inspired by the games that came before it.”
You can listen to the full interview:
SOURCE: PS Blog