Treyarch has rolled out a new patch update, version 1.08, for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta file on the PlayStation 4.
The new update comes in at 1.7GB.
Here’s what’s new:
- There’s a new featured playlist called Close Quarters LTM, which features Shotguns, Pistols, and SMGs only. The playlist is currently active in solos only.
- Alongside the new featured playlist, Treyarch has unlocked all of the characters listed under ‘Blackout’ to be playable for players. The Zombies characters are still locked as of now.
- The biggest change? There are killcams to show you who killed you, from where, and how. This marks one of the biggest additions to a Battle Royale mode.
Here’s the official patch notes from Treyarch:
- Playlist Update:
- Changed Featured playlist to Close Quarters (Solos only)
- Character Updates
- Mason, Menendez, Reznov, and Woods unlocked in Character menu
- Enabled Killcam
- General stability fixes
- UI Error fix
- Tuning Updates:
- Level 3 Armor will now break sooner and pass more damage to the player wearing it. It still offers headshot and other damage mitigation. Level 2 Armor was minorly adjusted as well. In a game where time between the first and second shots can be measured in milliseconds, it’s key to our design philosophy to be sure you can feel the difference between similar gameplay Items. More tuning to come here as we gather data from the Beta.
- Perk Consumables:
- We’ve changed the time it takes to activate all Perks to 2 seconds. We are currently evaluating if that will be a permanent change, but we are eager to learn how much the use time of a Perk impacts how and when Perks are used.
Images via @RiichyG_ and @Jipskrt.