Activision Blizzard had their latest Financial Call as the company’s third quarter ended.
They provided some details on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 sales and how the Call of Duty franchise is doing now with their major release for the year available to fans.
- Black Ops 4 sold-through more units than Black Ops III, with PC sell-through more than three times higher. Additionally for the first three weeks after launch, total active users and hours played were 16% and over 20% higher respectively, versus Black Ops III.
- In the month of October, Activision Blizzard had seven of the top 20 most viewed games on the industry’s largest streaming platform1, including Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 where viewership continues to break franchise records.
- Activision Blizzard CEO said they want to apply their learnings from Overwatch League to Call of Duty esports.
- Activision says they have a lot of great content for Call of Duty coming in 2019 and beyond, with more info to come.
- Black Ops 4’s engagement is doing very well for the company. Says that the “triple AAA” battle royale mode, along with MP and Zombies will keep players engaged in the long run. Activision has a great live service operations in place to ensure more content for the title.
- Activision says they will continue to find new ways to bring in-game content to Call of Duty.
- Activision Blizzard made $4 billion this year from in-game content sales. They are making almost $1 billion per quarter from in-game content sales, called net bookings.