Activision Blizzard is partnering with NICKMERCS to help expand his Warzone MFAM Gauntlet Tournament Series.
NICKMERCS kicked off the MFAM Gauntlet earlier this year alongside Call of Duty: Warzone’s launch to provide his followers a way to compete in online Warzone tournaments for money alongside prizes from his sponsors, and built a large community along the way thanks to the success of Warzone.
Now, as detailed by ESPN, Activision is partnering up with NICKMERCS to expand this tournament, including the prize pool. The company will provide promotional support for the tournament, alongside increasing the prize pool from $50,000 to $100,000 for the upcoming series.
The series, which has been operating monthly, will shift to four-week series with qualifiers and main event every week of the tournament.
The new tournament will begin with a qualifier on 3PM ET on Monday, July 13. The main event for Week 1 will be on July 15 at 4PM ET. Activision is also adding in a pre-show event called The Armory. The entire event will be live on Twitch here.
In addition, ESPN reports that NICKMERCS will use this tournament series to raise more awareness and ask for donations to help support the Call of Duty Endowment Charity, which helps veterans find jobs.
Activision has been supportive of Warzone events hosted by the community through providing promotional support with their #LiveFromWarzone marketing initiative. They included MFAM tournament as part of their weekly schedule for Warzone events. Now, the company is expanding to provide money support as well as broadcast help with the MFAM Gauntlet event.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Warzone Season 6 Combat Pack available for PS Plus members
PlayStation Plus players can get another exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone customization pack.
This pack is available only for PS4 PlayStation Plus members for Season 6 of the game.
Grab an Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, and other in-game accessories to show off your style.
Survive the Gulag in Warzone or fight to secure the victory in Multiplayer bundle that is free for all Playstation Plus subscribers. Download the Pack by going to the Franchise section of the Store and scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.
The new Combat Pack includes:
- Epic Rodion ‘Red Death’ skin (This skin unlocks the Operator, if not already owned)
- Epic ‘Shivvie’ Melee Weapon
- Epic ‘Slipshod’ Handgun Weapon Blueprint
- Epic ‘Ball and Chain’ Charm
- Epic ‘Don’t Back Down’ Calling Card
- Epic ‘Gulag’ Emblem
- Epic ‘Inside Job’ Sticker
- 60 Minute Double XP Token
The Combat Pack is a PlayStation Exclusive until December 1, 2020.
PlayStation Plus subscribers can get the new Warzone Combat Pack on the PlayStation Store here or by visiting the in-game store then Franchise Store at the end of the list.
PS+ Membership required to get the Combat Pack.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...