Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8, 2nd Anniversary, celebrates the acclaimed mobile shooter’s second year with a ton of new content, but it’s also made significant changes to the game’s weapon pool. Here’s every weapon buff and nerf in Season 8.
CoD: Mobile Season 8 is almost here, bringing plenty of new content to the mobile shooter. Black Ops 4’s Blackout will arrive as a new battle royale map, and players will be able to get their hands on Modern Warfare’s M13 Assault Rifle and R-90 “doof doof” Shotgun.
But there will also be some significant buffs, and nerfs to the game’s existing arsenal with weapons such as the Rytec AMR buffed in battle royale and the AS VAL being both buffed and nerfed.
Here’s every weapon buff and nerf in CoD Mobile Season 8.
CoD Mobile Season 8 buffs and nerfs
CoD Mobile Season 8 has buffed and nerfed many weapons, particularly in the Sniper and Marksman Rifle categories. However, the AS VAL and Assault Rifles, in general, got hit the hardest.
Assault Rifles have had their damage range and damage to arms decreased, with the devs explaining they did this to “promote higher accuracy when using these weapons.”
Before Season 8, the AS VAL fitted with 15 Round FMJ mags could two-shot enemies with ease. They’ve both nerfed and buffed aspects of the AS VAL, so its “short range performance is significantly improved,” but its ” medium and long range performance has been slightly decreased.”
Thanks to the September 21 patch notes, here’s the complete list of buffs and nerfs in CoD: Mobile Season 8.
CoD Mobile Season 8 weapon patch notes
Overall adjustments on Assault Rifles
- Decreased Damage Range and Damage to arms
- Developer Comment: Damage and range were adjusted to promote higher accuracy when using these weapons.
AS VAL (with 15 Round FMJ) :
- Range adjusted from 15M-50M-75M to 25M-38M-75M
- Damage adjusted from 46-45-39-34 to 48-44-35-30
- Increased damage to forearms and chest from 48 to 62
- Fire rate decreased from +300% to +200%
- Slightly increased vertical recoil
- Increased hit flinch
- Slightly increased firing animation
Developer Comment: Short range performance is significantly improved, while medium and long range performance has been slightly decreased. After the adjustment, the two–shot kill range is longer than Cr56 AMAX but it will be more difficult to control.
Sniper & Marksman Rifles
- Adjusted one–shot -kill range
- Decreased hit flinch
Developer Comment: These 2 classes of weapons have been given longer range to compensate for ADS sway when compared against Assault Rifles
- Increased damage to arms from 48 to 54
- Vertical recoil decreased slightly
- Bullet Spread decreased slightly
- Hit flinch decreased
- Decreased range of motion during animation
Developer Comment: We’ve increased the two – shot kill range and made reductions to bullet spread, recoil and hit flinch to improve weapon control.
- Range increased from : 62M to 65M
- Damage increased from : 60-55 to 91-71
- Vertical recoil decreased
- Hit flinch decreased
Developer Comment: The M21 EBR now has the ability to 2 shot kill through walls.
- Damage range adjusted from 62M to 50M
- Vertical recoil decreased
- Hit flinch decreased
Developer Comment: Able to kill in two shots hitting any part of the body. Able to kill with one shot to the head or chest with OWC Stopping Power Reload equipped.
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 3.75
- Headshot multiplier increased from 5.25 to 6.5 (25 × 59 mm Thermite Mag)
- Base mag capacity increased from 15 to 25
- Mag capacity increased from 10 to 20 (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- ADS Time decreased from +25% to +15% (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- Slightly increased movement speed
- Slightly decreased weapon swap time from 1s to 0.8s
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.8 to 2.3
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.5 to 2.2
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 2.6
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 5 to 4.3 (.338 5 Round Reload)
Developer Comment: To bridge the gap between the power level of sniper rifles in BR, we’ve adjusted the headshot multipliers of various weapons and attachments.
- Increased damage to arms from 26 to 28
- Increased damage to legs from: 23 to 24
Developer Comment: Increased damage to arms and legs to improve overall consistency. After the adjustment, as long as the player hits the upper body with one shot, the target can be eliminated with four shots.
- Increased damage to head from 29 to 32
- Increased damage to chest from 27 to 29
Developer Comment: Increased the damage to head and chest to bring the PDW57 up to speed with the current meta.
And that’s all of the buffs and nerfs included in CoD: Mobile Season 8! You can also check out how to practice against AI.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get a nuke in CoD Mobile
Here’s what you need to do in order to get your hands on a nuke and wipe out all your remaining enemies in CoD Mobile.
There are various different weapons that you can use to dish out some pain in Call of Duty Mobile, but nothing gets the job done like a nuke. Here’s how you can get a nuke in CoD Mobile.
However, one weapon stands above all others, and that is the nuke. Detonating this will wipe out all your adversaries on the map. This guide will cover everything you need to do to get your hands on a nuke.
How to unlock a nuke in CoD Mobile
Once you’ve ranked up to level 20, you can unlock a nuke by getting a killstreak of 20 in CoD Mobile. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to plant the nuke to take out every remaining enemy in a match.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
Here’s how you can get this done:
- Launch the multiplayer mode in CoD Mobile
- Select perks that help with your survival like Persistence or Hardline
- Select a heavy weapon that will help you score quick kills
- Choose a multiplayer map and jump into battle
- Use the heavy weapon to secure 20 consequtive kills quickly
Once you’ve got the 20 killstreak, a ‘launch nuclear bomb’ button will appear on the hub. You’ll then be able to detonate the nuke and wipe out all of the remaining competition. Detonating the weapon grants you the Nuclear Killer and Ultimate Terminator medals.
That covers everything you need to do in order to unlock a nuke in CoD Mobile. Just hop into a few matches and you’ll be able to score that killstreak after a bit of practice.
For more CoD Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal, and stay tuned to Charlie INTEL.
Image Credit: Activision
CoD Mobile Season 9 Nightmare update patch notes: Halloween event release date, Undead Siege, weapons, maps
Here’s everything you need to know about the Halloween-themed Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9, including the new weapons and release date.
Call of Duty: Mobile is set to celebrate Halloween by bringing a spooky overhaul to the handheld shooter in Season 9. Here’s everything we know about the Nightmare update’s Halloween event, including the release date, new maps, and weapons.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 is soon wrapping up, and the handheld shooter will be getting a spooky overhaul with Season 9. This new Halloween-themed update brings back Undead Siege, as well as introduces new maps, weapons, and more.
Here’s everything we know about CoD: Mobile Season 9, including its release date and Halloween-themed content.
- Season 9 start date
- Season 9 theme
- New maps
- New weapons
- New Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill and BR class
- Season 9 Battle Pass
- Undead Siege returns
CoD: Mobile Season 9 start date
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 is set to begin on Wednesday, October 20, at around 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (October 21).
CoD: Mobile doesn’t usually have a significant downtime between seasons, so Season 9 should launch almost immediately after the Season 8 Battle Pass expires.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 theme
Alongside Warzone’s The Haunting event, CoD: Mobile will also be running a Halloween theme. Although not officially revealed, a leaked teaser has revealed that Season 9 will be titled ‘Nightmare.’
- Read more: Best R9-0 loadout for CoD: Mobile
Expect Halloween updates to many aspects of the game, as well as spooky cosmetics in the store and Battle Pass.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 maps
CoD: Mobile’s developers have revealed that Season 9 will bring Modern Warfare (2019)’s Hovec Sawmill and Halloween Standoff.
Hovec Sawmill was a brand new map for Modern Warfare, taking place in a small village with a burning Sawmill in the center. With several accessible rooftops, you’ll need to keep your eyes up. And for CoD Mobile Season 9, the Hovec Sawmill will be a night map, matching Nightmare’s spooky aesthetic.
Halloween Standoff also returns in Season 9, which is fast becoming a tradition for CoD Mobile. This new update gives the classic Black Ops 2 map an eery overhaul, with pumpkins and other Halloween decorations littering the nighttime version.
The devs also teased that “a surprise mystery lies ahead,” so we’ll need to wait and see what 2021’s version of Halloween Standoff has in store.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 weapons
Call of Duty fans will be quick to recognize Nightmare’s new weapons, with CoD Mobile Season 9 bringing the Thumper and the Swordfish.
The Thumper Grenade Launcher has featured in several Call of Duty games and is sure to be a powerful addition to the new season.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
And Black Ops 4 players will recognize the Swordfish, a four-round burst Tactical Rifle that’s low recoil allowed it to chew through enemies with ease.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill & BR class
CoD: Mobile Season 9 also brings a new Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill, and Battle Royale Class.
The Flash Drone Tactical Weapon acts as a long-range flashbang. Players take charge of a drone that will completely blind enemies it comes into contact with. Devs said that it can be released at a distance “of about 15 meters” and has a range of “about 20 meters.”
The new Operator Skill, TAK-5, is set to be a game-changing addition to multiplayer. The TAK-5 immediately heals the full team, including the player, to full health. And not only that, but each player gets an additional 50 health.
And finally, CoD: Mobile’s battle royale gets the new Pumped class. This gives players a small jetpack that allows players to jump higher and even double jump. Plus, weapons are more accurate while in the air.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
CoD: Mobile devs confirmed that the TAK-5 will arrive in the Season 9 Battle Pass alongside either the Thumper or Swordfish.
We expect there to also be plenty of Halloween-themed cosmetics in the Battle Pass, so we’ll keep you updated when the season goes live.
Undead Siege returns in CoD: Mobile Season 9
CoD: Mobile fans were clamoring for the Zombies mode to return, and Season 6’s Undead Siege brought a new twist to the classic experience. The Zombie-slaying action returns in Season 9.
- Read more: Best M13 loadout for CoD: Mobile
In Undead Siege, players need to survive either three or five nights, defending Richtofen’s Control Center from wave after wave of the undead.
Undead Siege returns in Season 9 for the Nightmare Halloween event, and will likely last until the end of the season. Devs teased that “there are some new rewards to earn and new challenging zombie behavior to conquer.”
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat
An interesting new side addition to Season 9 is the new ‘Trick or Treat’ in-game scenario. According to the devs: “Go door to door and try your luck. If you’re tricked, complete an in-game task to get your candy; if you’re treated, get the candy right away.
“Candy awards event XP, progressing you through the event track with milestone rewards along the way. Set your own room to trick or treat, and visit your friends’ rooms, too.”
CoD Mobile Season 9 update patch notes
Multiplayer mode and survival mode
CR-56 AMAX (equipped with M67 magazine):
- Reduced the range, the first range was adjusted from 36M to 30M, and the second range was adjusted from 51M to 42.5M
- Reduced the damage on the upper arm from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil.
- Increased the basic movement speed of the base gun from 0.6 to 0.65
- Increased the reload speed of the base gun from 3 to 2.5
- Increased the basic bullet velocity of the multiplayer mode from 600 to 900
- Heavy long barrel – Reduced the movement speed penalty from 4% to -2%
- 300 RTC-30 rounds magazine: Replaced the bullet speed increasing effect with a silencer effect; ADS speed -8% → -3%
- 300 RTC-double-row 40 rounds magazine: Replaced bullet speed increasing effect with silence effect; added bomb reload speed +10%; movement speed -2% → -1%
- Fixed the issue of BSA Mod not working in Battle Royale.
- Reduce the horizontal recoil of the base Gun
- Reduced hip fire spread of the base gun from 0.08 to 0.06, reduce the minimum 0.15 to 0.14
- Increase the damage of the upper body: Arm 26 increased to 28 Chest 28 increased to 31 Head 31 increased to 33
- Marksman Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil increased from -3.2% to -8%
- Ranger Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% to -6%
- Strike Stock: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% Increased to -6%
- Increased base gun damage range from 10m to 14m.
- Base gun damage increased from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Base gun movement speed increased from 1.04 to 1.06
- Base gun ADS speed increased from 0.448 to 0.4
- Adjusted base gun’s recoil
- Reduced the movement speed of the 50-round magazine from -1% to -1.5%
- Reduced the movement speed of the 60-round magazine from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Adjusted the recoil of the base gun to make it more controllable during continuous firing
Perk – Disabled:
- After adding disabled perk for assault rifles and light machine guns hitting anywhere in the body will reduce the movement speed.
Battle Royale Mode
- Reduced base gun damage from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16
- Increased the vertical recoil of the first shot by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous firing has been increased by 35% starting from second shot
- Fixed the bug that SKS bullets do not require bullet velocity in BR mode.
- The explosion damage of the Sam turret has been greatly increased from 198 to 385
- The score of the SAM Turret has been slightly reduced from 850 to 660.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced the score of Napalm from 1500 to 1190
- Slightly reduced the score of rapid air strikes from 1050 to 850
- Increased missile explosion range from 10 meters to 15 meters.
And that’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9! We’ll update this post when Activision releases the full patch notes.
For more CoD: Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal.
Image Credit: CoD Mobile
How to get the Gun Master Medal in CoD Mobile
We’ve put together this handy little guide to inform you how to obtain the difficult Gun Master Medal in CoD Mobile.
Completing the Gun Master Medal conditions in CoD Mobile will reward you with some exclusive items, and this little guide will tell you what you need to do.
The Gun Master Medal is one of several tricky medals for players to earn in CoD Mobile, but achieving one does earn players some nifty rewards.
With CoD Mobile Season 8 now active, there are new weapons like the M13 and R9-0 and even the debut of Black Ops IIII’s Blackout map. So there’s even more content to keep players fresh and fired up to get the Gun Master Medal.
Gun Master Medal in CoD Mobile
- Read More: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
Now, the Gun Master Medal isn’t as difficult as the Relentless Medal in Call of Duty Mobile, but it can still be quite difficult to achieve.
You don’t need us to tell you that this isn’t the easiest thing to do, and could take quite a few goes to accomplish. Sadly, there isn’t a definitive way to go about doing this, and will just solely rely on your skill as a player.
It can be done on any of the game’s BR maps, and the only real thing we can recommend is making sure you get your loadout as early as possible and being cautious. Obviously, not too careful, otherwise you could potentially end up winning, but not get 8 kills.
Even seasoned CoD Mobile players might have a tough time going for the Gun Master Medal, but hopefully, this guide will stand you in good stead.
Also, check out the best guns in CoD Mobile to see what could make this medal more attainable!
Image Credits: Activision
Warzone October 21 playlist update is now live after delay
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 is now live in the battle royale game after it...
Warzone October 22 update patch notes: Ghosts of Verdansk changes, Iron Trials duos back, more
Raven Software has officially released the Warzone October 22 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered...
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: Team 2, FUT upgrades & prices
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts is the latest promotion to hit Ultimate Team, and we've got all the details...