With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launch fast approaching, there’s a number of bonus content you can get with purchasing the game at different retailers or by purchasing licensed Call of Duty products.
In this post, we’re summarizing all of the pre-order bonuses, in-game bonus items, and licensed bonus items you can get for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (credit to u/EasyEli).
DIGITAL COPY BONUSES:
- Digital Purchases on PS4 Store, Xbox One Store, or Battle.net: Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on digital and receive the in-game XRK Weapons Pack for day 1 launch use. The XRK M4 assault rifle and XRK .357 handgun are built to be fast, accurate and hard hitting, giving you versatile options adaptable to any play style. Learn more about the XRK offer here.
- Digital Pre-Orders on PlayStation 4 Store, Xbox Store, or Battle.net + Retailer pre-orders at majority of stores worldwide: Get a Prestige Token to use in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
PHYSICAL COPY BONUSES:
- GameStop US: Pre-order Modern Warfare (any edition) at GameStop US to get a bonus Call of Duty Endowment Calling Card in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. GameStop will also donate a portion of the sales of Modern Warfare to the Endowment. Only at GameStop, get an exclusive GameStop C.O.D.E. Calling card with purchase of the game. For every copy sold, GameStop will donate to the Call of Duty Endowment, which helps find high quality jobs for unemployed veteran.
- GAME UK: Get 3 hours of 2XP in Modern Warfare and a Captain Price figurine with pre-order.
- Amazon UK: Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Amazon UK or JB HI-FI to get the Recon Drone Bonus Digital Content Pack, which includes a weapon charm, a calling card, and emblem. Amazon UK also has an edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Doritos that include Double XP.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare “Precision” Edition: Exclusively available at GameStop in US, EB Games in Australia and Canada. More regions will have this edition exclusive to select retailers.
LICENSED PRODUCTS BONUS ITEMS:
- SCUF Gaming: Purchase the SCUF Vantage 2 Modern Warfare Controller for PS4 and PC and get a bonus sniper scope weapon charm in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- KontrolFreek: Purchase the Modern Warfare Performance Thumbsticks and get a bonus animated in-game calling card in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- ‘Making of Call of Duty’ Book on Amazon: Purchase the Making of Call of Duty art book on Amazon US and get a bonus in-game Operator Skin in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- NVIDIA: Buy a NVIDIA Geforce RTX bundle and get a PC copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for free. Learn more here.
- Mountain Dew and Doritos: Get Bonus 2XP with purchases of specially marked packages of Mountain Dew and Doritos. Learn more here.
- MTN DEW Game Fuel: Purchase Game Fuel drink to get an exclusive in-game operator skin in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, alongside bonus 2XP. Learn more here.
- McFarlane Toys: Purchase a 2019 Call of Duty figure from McFarlane Toys (Richtofen, Frank Woods, or Captain Price) and get a bonus Toy Soldier in-game weapon charm in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- Totino’s: Purchase specially marked packages of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare of Totino’s to get exclusive in-game items, including a bonus calling card, custom in-game Watch, and a Weapon Charm. Learn more here.
SOURCED: Reddit (Thanks @PrestigeisKey and @Outdew!)
Modern Warfare players furious as new update makes graphics even worse
Issues with Modern Warfare’s graphics are leaving players furious as they look to enjoy the game ahead of MW2.
With Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, players have gone back to experience everything Modern Warfare has to offer, but graphics issues are resulting in a frustrating ordeal.
Both Cold War and Vanguard arrived after 2019’s Modern Warfare, yet players continue to enjoy the Infinity Ward-developed Call of Duty title. The game is beloved by fans of the franchise and many are flocking back to Modern Warfare ahead of Modern Warfare 2‘s October 28 release date.
Unfortunately, the quality of the game has taken a major dip with recent updates practically breaking Modern Warfare’s graphics. Not only are players furious with the storage demands of these recent updates, but they’re not pleased with the visual issues that have appeared.
In case you missed it, Modern Warfare 2 will be the Infinity Ward-developed direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. In an attempt to get a taste of what’s ahead, players have returned to Modern Warfare as the style of play and feel will be similar to Modern Warfare 2.
Previously, issues have been plaguing PlayStation 5 players as the game was rendered unplayable. Fans of the game called out the lack of dev support for the title. Although it’s only natural that the devs focus on delivering a polished Modern Warfare 2 experience, players are disappointed with the current state of Modern Warfare.
Players were shocked by the continued updates for the game that came with a massive download size. In addition, it seems the graphic issues that have appeared as a result of the updates are having a negative impact on players’ perception of MW2: “This just made me not want to purchase mw2.”
Some players questioned if the game was beyond repair at this point with comments like, “this looks like things just got deleted to me, unplayable,” and “another update that further destabilizes the matrix.”
While it is understandable that the devs prioritize the new title, one player suggests that these issues could lead to the poor perception of MW2: “I gotta say, this event is giving a more negative feedback response from the community.”
It’s unfortunate that CoD fans are unable to enjoy the game to build hype for MW2. With the devs focused on the new title, most players agreed that the state of Modern Warfare would not improve, but we’ll keep you posted if it does.
For more, check out the one rumored feature that CoD players would be thrilled to discover in Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare players slam state of “unplayable” game on PS5
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues have left the game “unplayable.”
Modern Warfare players have hit out at the current condition of the game on PS5, after visual issues and glitches have left the 2019 CoD title “unplayable.”
Despite being nearly three years old, 2019’s Modern Warfare has still retained a healthy player count. With Vanguard failing to make a big impact with the community, those looking for an alternative to Warzone have flocked back to Infinity Ward’s last release.
However, since Modern Warfare is no longer the main focus of the devs, who are gearing up for Modern Warfare 2 later in 2022, fans have been growing frustrated with the condition the game is in.
A number of bugs and glitches have cropped up, and the game appears to be completely broken on PlayStation 5.
Reddit user BchLasagna uploaded a clip on August 7 simply titled: “The state of Modern Warfare on PS5.” It showed the beginning of a Ground War match on Krovnik Farmland, but the map was unrecognizable due to severe visual issues.
Textures on many of the map’s key features had failed to load in, leaving the game looking like a mess. The ground had no grass or detail on it, while trees were replaced with floating blobs of green and brown.
The Redditor added that it “stayed like this the entire game,” ruining the match for everyone in the lobby.
Other players on PS5 have reported similar issues, while some claimed it was actually affecting gameplay. “It’s not even just a visual issue, you sink into the ground and can’t see anything. Makes it unplayable basically,” said Ram5673.
Meanwhile, many replies called out the devs for allowing Modern Warfare to reach this state, especially since the game worked fine when it was the current CoD release. “This game has been crapped all over by the devs. It comes very low on their priorities,” replied Zimifrein.
It’s no surprise that with Modern Warfare 2 set to drop very soon, Infinity Ward’s focus is mostly on the sequel. However, the players that still enjoy Modern Warfare regularly will be hoping to see the problems on PS5 solved sooner rather than later.
For more on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, check out how to fix error 5476 and which packs you need to download for its multiplayer.
Image credits: Activision
How to fix frustrating Modern Warfare textures not loading glitch
Here’s a simple trick that you can use to fix the Modern Warfare glitch that prevents the game’s textures from loading.
Modern Warfare players are frustrated with a strange glitch that prevents textures from loading, but luckily there’s a way for you to get around this problem.
One issue that’s plaguing Modern Warfare players is a glitch that causes the game’s textures to not load properly. While this can be frustrating, there’s a simple trick that will let you fix the problem.
How to fix Modern Warfare textures not loading glitch
Reddit user ‘swoelie’ shared a screengrab in the Modern Warfare subreddit, and the image showed that the textures on the map’s ground didn’t properly load in. This problem is commonly faced by PS5 users.
One of the commenters then shared a solution to this problem, and it involves the On-demand Texture Streaming feature that allows you to stream higher resolution textures when playing Modern Warfare.
Here’s how you can fix the textures not loading glitch:
- Open Settings in Modern Warfare
- Go to the General tab
- Select Details & Textures
- Enable On-demand Texture Streaming
- Start a match
- Quit the game
- Disable On-demand Texture Streaming
The user made it clear that it doesn’t matter if your on-demand textures are already on or off, just follow these steps and your textures will load properly on your PS5 when you hop back into a match.
In the replies, other commenters reported that this method has been successful for them, and it’s one you should try out until the developers implement an official fix. However, if you turn off the game then you’ll have to do this again.
Image credits: Activision
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Terastal Phenomenon explained: Tera Types & how to Terastallize
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will introduce players to the Terastal Phenomenon. Here's a guide to Tera Types and how to...
How to win Titanium Trials in Warzone: Best weapons & top tips
Wondering how to win Titanium Trials in Warzone? Here are the best weapons, as well as some top tips to...
How to do Griddy celebration in FIFA 23
The popular Griddy celebration is in FIFA 23 and here's everything you need to know about how to perform this...