With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launch fast approaching, there’s a number of bonus content you can get with purchasing the game at different retailers or by purchasing licensed Call of Duty products.
In this post, we’re summarizing all of the pre-order bonuses, in-game bonus items, and licensed bonus items you can get for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (credit to u/EasyEli).
DIGITAL COPY BONUSES:
- Digital Purchases on PS4 Store, Xbox One Store, or Battle.net: Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on digital and receive the in-game XRK Weapons Pack for day 1 launch use. The XRK M4 assault rifle and XRK .357 handgun are built to be fast, accurate and hard hitting, giving you versatile options adaptable to any play style. Learn more about the XRK offer here.
- Digital Pre-Orders on PlayStation 4 Store, Xbox Store, or Battle.net + Retailer pre-orders at majority of stores worldwide: Get a Prestige Token to use in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
PHYSICAL COPY BONUSES:
- GameStop US: Pre-order Modern Warfare (any edition) at GameStop US to get a bonus Call of Duty Endowment Calling Card in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. GameStop will also donate a portion of the sales of Modern Warfare to the Endowment. Only at GameStop, get an exclusive GameStop C.O.D.E. Calling card with purchase of the game. For every copy sold, GameStop will donate to the Call of Duty Endowment, which helps find high quality jobs for unemployed veteran.
- GAME UK: Get 3 hours of 2XP in Modern Warfare and a Captain Price figurine with pre-order.
- Amazon UK: Purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Amazon UK or JB HI-FI to get the Recon Drone Bonus Digital Content Pack, which includes a weapon charm, a calling card, and emblem. Amazon UK also has an edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Doritos that include Double XP.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare “Precision” Edition: Exclusively available at GameStop in US, EB Games in Australia and Canada. More regions will have this edition exclusive to select retailers.
LICENSED PRODUCTS BONUS ITEMS:
- SCUF Gaming: Purchase the SCUF Vantage 2 Modern Warfare Controller for PS4 and PC and get a bonus sniper scope weapon charm in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- KontrolFreek: Purchase the Modern Warfare Performance Thumbsticks and get a bonus animated in-game calling card in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- ‘Making of Call of Duty’ Book on Amazon: Purchase the Making of Call of Duty art book on Amazon US and get a bonus in-game Operator Skin in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- NVIDIA: Buy a NVIDIA Geforce RTX bundle and get a PC copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for free. Learn more here.
- Mountain Dew and Doritos: Get Bonus 2XP with purchases of specially marked packages of Mountain Dew and Doritos. Learn more here.
- MTN DEW Game Fuel: Purchase Game Fuel drink to get an exclusive in-game operator skin in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, alongside bonus 2XP. Learn more here.
- McFarlane Toys: Purchase a 2019 Call of Duty figure from McFarlane Toys (Richtofen, Frank Woods, or Captain Price) and get a bonus Toy Soldier in-game weapon charm in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Learn more here.
- Totino’s: Purchase specially marked packages of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare of Totino’s to get exclusive in-game items, including a bonus calling card, custom in-game Watch, and a Weapon Charm. Learn more here.
SOURCED: Reddit (Thanks @PrestigeisKey and @Outdew!)
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
New CoD: Modern Warfare maps mysteriously removed from game
Although three new maps were added to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer following the mid-Season 2 update, two of them were mysteriously removed.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two original maps have been removed, but Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
New Warzone leak reveals possible Sykov pistol release date
A Warzone date miner has revealed a potential release date for the upcoming dual wield, fully automatic Sykov pistol.
A new leak has revealed a possible release date for Modern Warfare and Warzone’s highly anticipated and feared full-auto Sykov pistol, also known as the Makarov.
Players have been waiting to get their hands on new Modern Warfare weapons that are expected to arrive in Warzone soon. After players could find the unreleased Sykov pistol in Plunder, many are looking forward to using it in their loadout.
Warzone data miner TailsDoll553 has revealed potential release dates for several upcoming Warzone and Cold War bundles. The standout piece of information is the release date for the Sparks Operator Bundle, which contains a new Operator and a Blueprint for unreleased full-auto Sykov pistol.
According to TailsDoll553, Warzone’s new pistol is set to release on April 15. They noted that “these could be subjected to change at any time, but these are the most likely dates for the bundles.”
Many players expect this new pistol to become the close-range meta when it arrives. The akimbo Diamattis from Black Ops Cold War dominated all point-blank fights for their high fire rate and insane damage output, but the Sykov is set to be even more powerful.
Through the Gunsmith system, it can be customized to be wielded akimbo and made fully automatic with an 80 round mag. This is sure to melt enemies up close and because it’s a secondary, you can run it along with the Ghost perk.
As for the other weapons set to be arriving, the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG, as well as the Soap Operator Bundle, TailsDoll553 said they couldn’t find any dates for their release as the date doesn’t appear to be in Warzone’s files yet.
As this is a leak, there’s no guarantee that the Sykov will release on April 15. However, by following our guide, you can try it out early in Modern Warfare’s Survival mode.
Image Credit: Activision / COD Tracker
Apex Legends pro finds Crazy Octane Jump Pad rotation on Olympus
An Apex Legends player landed a huge Octane Jump Pad rotation on Olympus to evade opposition. Here's how he did...
Warzone leak reveals equippable helmets return to game files
Warzone data miners have reportedly found equippable helmets in the game files again after they were scrapped before the game's...
Cold War April 9 patch notes: Gunsmith Customs & Rivas
Gunsmith Customs arrives in Black Ops Cold War.