Every one of Warzone’s weapons has a codename that’s used in Store Blueprints and the patch notes, and it can be difficult to tell exactly which weapons have been buffed and nerfed. Not to worry, we’ve got the codenames for every single Modern Warfare, Cold War, and Vanguard weapon in Warzone.
Call of Duty: Warzone features over 150 weapons from Modern Warfare, Cold War, and Vanguard. You may notice that some of the weapons are given their real name in the patch notes, but others are given codenames such as “Assault Rifle Alpha” or “Sniper Rifle Charlie.” There’s no definite reason why, but some have speculated that it’s due to licensing.
Warzone Pacific Season 3’s update, and then the March 4 update, made major changes to the meta weapons, nerfing snipers and buffing Vanguard weapons. But because of the codenames used in both Weapon Blueprints and the patch notes, it’s tough to tell exactly which weapons have been changed.
We’ve listed every single codename used in Call of Duty: Warzone, and their corresponding weapon from Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Vanguard.
- Warzone Assault Rifle codenames
- Warzone SMG codenames
- Warzone Shotgun codenames
- Warzone LMG codenames
- Warzone Tactical Rifle codenames
- Warzone Marksman Rifle codenames
- Warzone Sniper Rifle codenames
- Warzone Handgun codenames
- Warzone Melee codenames
- Warzone Launcher codenames
Warzone Assault Rifle codenames
- Assault Rifle Alpha — Kilo 141 (MW) / XM4 (Cold War) / STG44 (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Bravo — FAL (MW) / AK-47 (Cold War) / Itra Burst (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Charlie — M4A1 (MW) / Krig 6 (Cold War) / BAR (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Delta — FR 5.56 (MW) / QBZ-83 (Cold War) / NZ-41 (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Echo — Oden (MW) / FFAR 1 (Cold War) / Volkssturmgewehr (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Foxtrot — M13 (MW) / Groza (Cold War) / AS44 (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Golf — FN SCAR 17 (MW) / FARA 83 (Cold War)
- Assault Rifle Hotel — AK-47 (MW) / C58 (Cold War) / Automaton (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle India — RAM-7 (MW) / EM2 (Cold War) / Cooper Carbine (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Juliet — Grau 5.56 (MW) / Grav (Cold War) / KG M40 (Vanguard)
- Assault Rifle Kilo — CR-56 AMAX (MW) / Vargo 53 (Cold War) / Nikita AVT (Vanguard)
Warzone SMG codenames
- Submachine Gun Alpha — AUG (MW) / MP5 (Cold War) / M1928 (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Bravo — P90 (MW) / Milano 821 (Cold War) / Sten (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Charlie — MP5 (MW) / AK-74u (Cold War) / MP40 (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Delta — Uzi (MW) / KSP 45 (Cold War) / PPSH-41 (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Echo — PP19 Bizon (MW) / Bullfrog (Cold War) / Owen Gun (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Foxtrot — MP7 (MW) / MAC-10 (Cold War) / Type 100 (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Golf — Striker 45 (MW) / LC10 (Cold War) / Welgun (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun Hotel — Fennec (MW) / PPSH-41 (Cold War) / Armaguerra 43 (Vanguard)
- Submachine Gun India — ISO (MW) / Nail Gun (Cold War)
- Submachine Gun Juliet — OTs 9 (Cold War)
Warzone Shotgun codenames
- Shotgun Alpha — Model 680 (MW) / Einhorn Revolving (Vanguard)
- Shotgun Bravo — R9-0 (MW) / Gracey Auto (Vanguard)
- Shotgun Charlie — 725 (MW) / Combat Shotgun (Vanguard)
- Shotgun Delta — Origin 12 (MW) / Double Barrel (Vanguard)
- Shotgun Echo — VLK Rogue (MW)
- Shotgun Foxtrot — JAK-12 (MW)
Warzone LMG codenames
- Light Machine Gun Alpha — PKM (MW) / Stoner 63 (Cold War) / MG43 (Vanguard)
- Light Machine Gun Bravo — SA87 (MW) / RPD (Cold War) / DP27 (Vanguard)
- Light Machine Gun Charlie — M91 (MW) / M60 (Cold War) / Bren (Vanguard)
- Light Machine Gun Delta — MG34 (MW) / MG 82 (Cold War) / Type 11 (Vanguard)
- Light Machine Gun Echo — Holger-26 (MW) / Whitely (Vanguard)
- Light Machine Gun Foxtrot — Bruen Mk9 (MW)
- Light Machine Gun Golf — FiNN LMG (MW)
- Light Machine Gun Hotel — RAAL LMG (MW)
Warzone Tactical Rifle codenames
- Tactical Rifle Alpha — Type 63 (Cold War)
- Tactical Rifle Bravo — M16 (Cold War)
- Tactical Rifle Charlie — AUG (Cold War)
- Tactical Rifle Delta — DMR 14 (Cold War)
- Tactical Rifle Echo — CARV.2 (Cold War)
Warzone Marksman Rifle codenames
- Marksman Rifle Alpha — EBR-14 (MW) / M1 Garand (Vanguard) / Crossbow (Cold War)
- Marksman Rifle Bravo — MK2 Carbine (MW) / SVT-40 (Vanguard)
- Marksman Rifle Charlie — Kar98k (MW) / G-43 (Vanguard)
- Marksman Rifle Delta — Crossbow (MW) / M1916 (Vanguard)
- Marksman Rifle Echo — SKS (MW)
- Marksman Rifle Foxtrot — SP-R 208 (MW)
Warzone Sniper Rifle codenames
- Sniper Rifle Alpha — Dragunov (MW) / Pelington .703 (Cold War) / 3-Line Rifle (Vanguard)
- Sniper Rifle Bravo — HDR (MW) / LW3 Tundra (Cold War) / Kar98k (Vanguard)
- Sniper Rifle Charlie — AX-50 (MW) / M82 (Cold War) / Type 99 (Vanguard)
- Sniper Rifle Delta — Rytec AMR (MW) / ZRG 20mm (Cold War) / Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle (Vanguard)
- Sniper Rifle Echo — Swiss K31 (Cold War)
Warzone Handgun codenames
- Handgun Alpha — X16 (MW) / 1911 (Cold War) / Machine Pistol (Vanguard)
- Handgun Bravo — 1911 (MW) / Magnum (Cold War) / Ratt (Vanguard)
- Handgun Charlie — .357 (MW) / Diamatti (Cold War) / 1911 (Vanguard)
- Handgun Delta — M19 (MW) / AMP63 (Cold War) / Top Break (Vanguard)
- Handgun Echo — .50 GS (MW) / Klauser (Vanguard)
- Handgun Foxtrot — Renetti (MW)
- Handgun Golf — Sykov (MW)
Warzone Melee codenames
- Melee Alpha (Primary) — Riot Shield (MW) / Combat Shield (Vanguard)
- Melee Alpha— Combat Knife (MW) / Knife (Cold War)
- Melee Bravo — Kali Sticks (MW) / Sledgehammer (Cold War) / FS Fighting Knife (Vanguard)
- Melee Charlie — Dual Kodachis (MW) / Wakizashi (Cold War) / Katana (Vanguard)
- Melee Delta — E-Tool (Cold War) / Sawtooth (Vanguard) / Ice Axe (Vanguard)
- Melee Echo — Machete (Cold War) / Skal Crusher (Vanguard)
- Melee Foxtrot — Ballistic Knife (Cold War) / Sledgehammer (Vanguard)
- Melee Golf — Baseball Bat (Cold War)
- Melee Hotel — Mace (Cold War)
- Melee India — Cane (Cold War)
- Melee Juliet — Sai (Cold War)
- Melee Kilo — Battle Axe (Cold War)
- Melee Lima — Hammer and Sickle (Cold War)
Warzone Launcher codenames
- Launcher Alpha — PILA (MW) / Cigma 2 (Cold War) / M1 Bazooka (Vanguard)
- Launcher Brave — STRELA-P (MW) / RPG-7 (Cold War) / Panzershreck (Vanguard)
- Launcher Charlie — JOKR (MW) / M79 (Cold War) / Panzerfaust (Vanguard)
- Launcher Delta — RPG-7 (MW) / MK11 Launcher (Vanguard)
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone players call for major LMG buffs as Assault Rifles dominate meta
Warzone players are sick of Assault Rifles dominating the meta so are calling for LMGs to receive major buffs.
Although supposed to be long-range powerhouses, with a few exceptions, LMGs have never broken into Warzone’s meta for long. Claiming that LMGs have no identity, players are calling for major buffs.
Although weapons come and go from Warzone’s meta, how the guns behave has almost always stayed the same. Players always stick with a long-range weapon with low recoil and a large mag size, and a lightweight SMG with a fast TTK.
The long-range weapon has almost always been an Assault Rifle or an LMG that’s been built to act like an Assault Rifle, and players are growing tired of it. With a couple more Warzone Pacific seasons left and Warzone 2 on the horizon, players are calling for major LMG buffs so they’ll have their own identity.
Reddit user IonlyPlayAOE3 explained why LMGS have a “sh*t identity” in Warzone, laying much of the blame on Vanguard weapons’ ten attachments. They explained that an Assault Rifle can do everything that an LMG can, especially by holding at least 60 rounds.
Many players agreed, wanting an Assault Rifle to become a middle ground between LMGs and SMGs. “They should lose to LMGs at range, and lose to SMGs up close, but be a decent middle ground,” explained Shielo34.
However, some worried that buffing LMGs would just make them replace Assault Rifles in the meta. Instead of giving LMGs straight buffs, some suggested lowering Assault Rifles’ magazine size.
Warzone players were starting to catch on to Season 4’s UGM-8 LMG and its burst-fire barrel, but the devs were quick to nip that in the bud with the June 30 update. With the NZ-41 now nerfed as well, we’ll need to wait and see how the post-nerf UGM fits into the Season 4 meta.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone’s best attachments received major nerfs in June 30 update
Warzone’s most popular weapon attachments received notable nerfs in the Season 4 June 30 update patch, and could shake up the meta.
Warzone Pacific Season 4 received a plethora of balancing adjustments in the June 30 patch, with some of the best attachments in the game getting significant nerfs.
The June 30 Warzone Pacific patch brought a ton of weapon balancing changes in Season 4, including a nerf to the popular NZ-41, which the developers felt had become too overpowered over the last season.
Warzone Pacific Season 4’s June 30 update patch included nerfs to the Lengthened ammo type, MX Silencer muzzle, and M1941 Handstop underbarrel. These attachments are popular choices on Assault Rifle loadouts.
The MX Silencer and Lengthened ammo type boost your weapon’s accuracy and bullet velocity respectively. The June 30 update gave both of these attachments received a 3% reduction in muzzle velocity.
Meanwhile, the M1941 Handstop underbarrel’s recoil control has been changed to 3.5% down from 4%. While this seems like a minor change, it can actually greatly affect your loadout’s effectiveness in combat.
Since the MX Silencer, M1941 Handstop, and Lengthened are all popular choices for multiple weapons, it’s extremely likely that these attachment nerfs are going to greatly impact Warzone players’ loadout builds.
While the update brought various nerfs to different weapons and attachments, it also featured buffs to Vanguard’s Warzone weapons, as the 3-Line, Kar98k, and Type 99 all received an increase in bullet velocity.
For more Warzone content, check out how to unlock the “new Roze” Night Terror Florence skin as well as this genius trick to instantly get Loadout Drops.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone expert reveals genius trick to instantly get Loadout Drop
Getting a Loadout Drop early is key to surviving Warzone’s early game but there’s a way to get your loadout in a matter of seconds.
Getting your loadout as soon as possible is vital to winning in Call of Duty: Warzone and pro player IceManIsaac has revealed a genius trick to getting your loadout in seconds.
Loadouts are what sets Warzone apart from all of the other battle royale games. Getting your own custom weapon gives a massive advantage over those with ground loot, so getting a Loadout Drop as soon as possible is key to winning.
It can be tough to get your Loadout Drop in the chaos of the early game, but a clever strategy from streamer IceManIsaac can get your team a Loadout Drop and free UAV in seconds.
To instantly get a Loadout Drop in Warzone, all players need to do is land on a Top Secret Contract in Fortune’s Keep. This will starts a random Contract such as Supply Run, Scavenger, or a Bounty, and you’ll get a whopping $8,000 as well as a UAV.
IceManIsaac explained that the Supply Run won’t task you with traveling across the map like in Caldera, it’ll actually be pretty near, so you’ll be able to land on it in a matter of seconds. A loadout only costs $7500 dollars so you can buy the loadout straight away and have a free UAV to see any approaching enemies.
While doable in Solos, this strategy works best in squads. If one player picks up the Contract and the rest float in the air to complete the task, the process will be even quicker. Even if it’s a Bounty, all of the players can land on top of the target and it won’t matter if they die in the process because of the Resurgence mechanic.
Fortune’s Keep is pure chaos in the early game, so securing yourself a loadout before anyone else will be sure to set you up for success.
For more Warzone, be sure to check out how players have abandoned Rebirth Island in favor of Fortune’s Keep.
Image Credit: Activision
First images of Treyarch’s Call of Duty 2024 Black Ops leak in Warzone Mobile files
Images of Treyarch's 2024 Call of Duty title have leaked after being discovered within Warzone Mobile's game files.
Modern Warfare 2 MP Map images leak via CoD Warzone Mobile files
First images of Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer maps have leaked via Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile game files, including Ground...
Rocket League Birthday Ball: Challenges, rewards, Golden Eggs
Rocket League is celebrating it's seventh anniversary! Complete challenges and earn rewards with the new Birthday Ball event.