Activision announced today that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has broken five-day sales records for any movie, book or video game that has come before. MW3 grossed over $775 million worldwide, beating last year’s $650 million record set by Call of Duty: Black Ops and the $550 million by Modern Warfare 2 the year before that.
The game also broke Xbox Live records, with 3.3 million concurrent users on November 8, up from the 2.6 million by Black Ops.
Hilarious Black Ops Cold War glitch leaves player legless
Another amusing instance of CoD gone wrong has occurred as a hilarious Black Ops Cold War glitch that leaves a player legless has surfaced.
An incredible BOCW bug is making the rounds on social media, which appears to show a player become temporarily disconnected from their body mid-game.
Imagine that you’ve just spawned and are about to seek furious vengeance on whomever just added a +1 to your death count. Now, imagine that your legs are so angry that they’re trying to get to that person before you do.
Well, that’s the sort of blink-twice moment that has happened to a CoD player recently. The almost unbelievable video isn’t something we can say has ever happened to us during a game of Call of Duty.
Hasn’t got the legs anymore
During a game of Nuketown, Reddit user thunder spud is casually running towards the house in front of him when a weird anomaly appears in front of him…the lower half of his avatar.
In something out of black comedy film, the legs seemingly become self-aware and realize the error of their ways. They suddenly stop and this leads to a reunion for thunder spud as he momentarily stops to rejoins his lower-half. He then carries on as if this literal out-of-body experience has never happened.
You can see the amazing video in all of its glory below.
This unexplainable aberration provoked some great responses from the community too. Some of our favorites were these:
“So this is how a 2nd person video game looks like,” “Is this a new decoy perk?” “My minds telling me nooo….but my body…my body is telling me yes”.
Others just simply showed their disappointment in the endless stream of glitches and bugs that Black Ops Cold War continues to reel out. This is probably another bullet point on Treyarch‘s to-do list that seems to be increasing day-by-day.
Image credits: Treyarch, thunder spud
Fortnite Season 5 bug gives players free wins with Invisibility
The quicksand feature in Fortnite Season 5 has an exploit that players are using to enter God Mode and become invisible.
Fortnite Season 5 has got a game-breaking bug where players can use the new Quicksand feature to enter a God mode state – giving them free wins.
It’s not unusual for a game’s latest update to come with a few bugs. We’ve seen it happen with nearly every major franchise and Fortnite is no different. Epic Games introduced a quicksand feature in Season 5, Chapter 2 and players are taking advantage of it right away.
The mechanic is meant to offer you a way to hide from enemies while you plan your attack. It comes with the extra boost of increased movement speed, so you can use the sand to travel much faster too. The quicksand has a lot in common with props from Season 10 in Chapter 1, but it’s not without its problems.
Turns out the new movement mechanic has a bug that you can exploit to enter a God mode state.
The glitch has made it so that you can use the sand to become invisible as well as completely invulnerable, so users can easily wrack up wins by utilizing the exploit.
- Read More: Halo Master Chief skin leaked for Fortnite
Plenty of players have run into the issue since Chapter 2, Season got underway – including Fortnite data miner iFireMonkey who showed off a clip of just how infuriating it can be to come up against someone who is glitched out.
This glitch is clearly game-breaking, so, Epic Games will need to roll out a patch for it as quick as possible. At the moment, though, the quicksand bug isn’t listed on the Fortnite Trello Board, so it’s likely that they haven’t caught onto the problem yet. The entire mechanic might get taken out of commission for a bit if a fix isn’t found soon.
It’s unclear whether or not there’s a specific method to follow before you can enter God mode. Until we hear from the developers about this, we’ll keep looking into the matter to see what else we can find out about the bug.
Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 patch notes
A whole heap of changes are coming to Destiny 2, find out what they are with the new Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 & patch notes.
This newest edition of This Week at Bungie has revealed some new information about Destiny 2 and provided an insight into all the changes coming to the game. Find out what they are with the latest Destiny 2 update & patch notes.
There’s been a lot going on with Bungie and Destiny 2 recently, mostly thanks to the release of the Beyond Light expansion. Adding a new planet, new enemies, and abilities certainly generate some hype and buzz.
But as with most things, some change is always welcome to make things better. In addition to the crossover to next-gen and the commotion surrounding the Deep Stone Crypt raid, there are also gameplay changes coming to classes, items, and more.
Destiny 2 patch notes
This update is intended to fix some bugs that have been discovered since the launch of Beyond Light.
There is also information on Destiny 2 on PS5/Xbox Series X too.
Dungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora’s waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player’s class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the “Survivor” medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the “Untouchable” medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle’s description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris’s perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being “Killed by the Architects.”
This Destiny 2 update will be available to download on December 8.
Image credits: Bungie
All Fortnite Season 5 Jurassic World Easter Egg locations
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 5 is filled with a few subtle nods to the Jurassic Park franchise. We went out...
How to get free pre-season bundles in Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch has announced a couple of free bundles available for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ahead of the...
How to unlock Fortnite Kratos skin & PS5 exclusive style
Fortnite's new season has some shocking new skins that no one expected to see. Here's how to unlock the Kratos...