Apex Legends has enjoyed a solid resurgence with Season 7, and Season 8 is already on the horizon. 2020 is behind us, but Respawn Entertainment has already tried to get the year off to a hot start with the new Fight Night Collection event and lots of new updates and fixes.
“2020 is last year’s news. Let’s start talking about 2021, beginning with our plans for the Fight Night Collection Event, coming January 5th.”
There is plenty of content to come for aspiring Apex Legends in the making, and we have all the information for you below.
Apex Legends Fight Night Collection
AIRDROP ESCALATION TAKEOVER
“With this update, we’re testing a new approach to LTMs. Instead of launching as its own playlist, the Airdrop Escalation LTM will be a “takeover” of the normal “Play Apex” game mode. It’s classic Battle Royale, but with way, way more supply drops. Immediately after you leave the Jumpship, you’ll find a cluster of four supply drops across the map. During each round, more will drop—they land at the same speed as Lifeline’s Care Packages.”
“Each supply drop contains a fully-kitted weapon of different tiers, depending on the round. For example, Round one’s drops feature level two kitted weapons while Round four’s drops include red armor and crate weapons. As with regular fully-kitted weapons, you can’t break them down or swap their attachments onto other weapons. And, of course, regular weapons and weapons will still appear as ground loot.”
PATHFINDER TOWN TAKEOVER
“Entering the ring will prevent any player from using their weapons and any of their abilities. The only way to beat someone is via a bit of fist o’ cuffs. Oh, and don’t worry about any outside ring interference—no outside projectiles, grenades, or abilities can penetrate the ring’s force field.”
“Punchout the loot balls contained within the ring to scoop up some rare loot. Just remember you can’t use it until you leave!”
FIGHT NIGHT COLLECTION EVENT AND REWARDS TRACK
“The Fight Night Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends.
All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Each Event Pack will come with one event item and two non-event items at the following drop rates:
Each pack contains:
- One Event Item: 50% Event Epic, 50% Event Legendary
- One Non-Event Item: 70% Rare, 20% Epic, 10% Legendary
- One Non-Event Item: 70% Rare, 20% Epic, 10% Legendary
If you collect all 24 event items, you’ll get the Gibraltar Heirloom.
After the event ends, the Gibraltar Heirloom will become available via heirloom crafting.
As with previous events, this event brings a rewards track with all-new earnable cosmetics:
You can earn 1000 points per day and challenges refresh daily. The challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete both at once.”
“After having been previously decommissioned, MRVNs are now programmed to reward Legends in the arena. Only appearing in Olympus, these friendly guys will give you loot after interacting with them. They’ll produce tiered loot equal to what is shown on their screens.
- White sad face = Common level 1 loot
- Neutral blue face = Rare level 2 loot
- Pleased purple face = Epic level 3 loot
- Very Happy yellow face = Legendary Level 4 loot
Pick up your loot and thank your friendly MRVN. Or, if you’re feeling toxic, shoot them. When you do, they may drop their arm for you to store in your inventory. Taking this to another MRVN with the missing piece may get you a reward. Hi-five?”
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
- Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
Seer’s abilities discussed at EA Play for Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence
Apex Legends upcoming Season 10 will feature a brand new Legend called “Seer,” who may even give Bloodhound a run for his money.
Apex Legends revealed further details on Season 10: Emergence at EA Play recently, giving players an insight into how the new Legend Seer will operate.
Season 9: Legacy has been a great success for Respawn, introducing a brand new way to play the battle royale with Arenas and expanding the roster with arguably the most balanced Legend they have introduced since the launch of Seasons, Valkyrie.
As well as enjoying the current event, Thrillseekers, which saw a new Arena’s map enter their game, players have also been getting their first details on Season 10: Emergence, especially the new Legend, Seer.
On July 22, EA held their annual showcase event, EA Play Live. As well as a variety of their games being showcased, such as Battlefield and Fifa, Apex Legends used this event to reveal the first official Apex Legends Season 10 trailer.
Although this wasn’t a gameplay trailer, it still provided a load of hints and details concerning Apex Legends’ new character Seer, including how his abilities will work.
As well as this, after the trailer had finished, one of Respawn’s developers provided even more information on Seer, where fans were given an explanation of his Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate abilities.
Apex Legends Seer abilities
Much like Bloodhound, Seer is a Recon Legend who will be mainly focused on gaining intel on enemies with a stealthy playstyle. Seer’s kit is all about tracking the opposition, but it seems the abilities are much more pinpoint than Bloodhound’s scan.
Apex Legends Seer: Passive ability
Seer will gain access to a heartbeat sensor when aiming down sights and be able to track nearby enemies. Although there is currently no representation of this in-game, perhaps players can expect something similar to Call of Duty’s famous Heartbeat Sensor tactical equipment.
After sensing an enemy’s heartbeat, Seers tactical ability will allow him to send out his Moth Drones to track them down and reveal their position.
Finally, Seer’s Ultimate ability will send out a heap of drones that will combine to create a sphere. Seer will be able to sense and track anyone who is moving fast within this sphere, creating an interesting gameplay mechanic, which may cause teams to alter their movements in order to stay undetected.
Although we don’t currently have any official gameplay of these abilities, the reveal trailer and descriptions of the abilities do a great job at giving players an idea of how Seer will work in-game.
Make sure to check back on this page as more information is released regarding Seer and Season 10, as it seems on July 25, we will be getting our first gameplay trailer.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
How to get free Apex Legends EA Play Jumpmaster gun charm
The Jumpmaster gun charm became available for free in the EA Play Live event and here’s how you can get it in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends players were treated to plenty of new reveals at EA Play Live 2021, and one of the new additions is the Jumpmaster gun charm. Here’s how you can get it for free.
The EA Play Live 2021 gave fans an exciting first look at the upcoming content for various titles like Battlefield 2042 and FIFA 22. Apex Legends fans were treated to the Season 10 launch trailer and more.
One of the new reveals from Respawn was the Jumpmaster gun charm. As the name implies, this item will show the “You are Jumpmaster” pop-up that you’ll often see at the start of matches.
Here’s how you can get it for completely free.
How to get the free Apex Legends Jumpmaster gun charm
The Jumpmaster gun charm was given as a free reward to Apex Legends players who tuned into the EA Play Live presentation. If you caught the show, then the item will already be added to your account.
If you weren’t able to catch the conference, then don’t worry. After fixing some technical issues, Respawn shipped an update that will grant the weapon charm to anyone that has their EA account linked with Twitch.
How to link your EA account with Twitch
First thing’s first, you’ll need to make sure that your Gamertag or PSN ID is linked to your EA account. You’ll need to have that before you can link it to Twitch and get the Jumpmaster gun charm.
- Go to Twitch and select sign in/create an account
- Input your EA account info on the “Connect with Twitch” screen and click “Next”
- Enter your security code and click “Log In”
- Click “Yes, link them” to link both accounts.
Once that’s done, you’ll get a notification letting you know that both accounts have been successfully linked. You’ll now be able to get your hands on the Jumpmaster gun charm in Apex Legends.
We don’t know for sure how long this charm will be available to redeem, but you can check for it the next time you log back in. There were also various other things for Apex players to get excited about in the event.
The game director gave us some more details about the new Season 10 Legend Seer. They talked about the character’s abilities, which include a heartbeat sensor that you can use while aiming down sights.
Also, check out the Warzone cable car transport that will be coming to Apex Legends.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
Monster Energy collab skins & cosmetics leaked for Apex Legends
The Monster Energy collab will bring some new cosmetics and skins to Apex Legends, and they’ve now been leaked.
Respawn is always adding new content to Apex Legends, and some new leaks have revealed cosmetics and skins that are connected to the upcoming Monster Energy collaboration.
A new collaboration with ALGS, Monster Energy will bring some brand-new cosmetics and skins to the battle royale. Now, some new leaks have revealed the additions that will be in the collab.
The collaboration will take place from August 1 to December 31, 2021. During this time, you’ll be able to purchase select cans of Monster Energy that carry promotional codes which can be redeemed in September.
Each code will grant you access to one of the following cosmetics:
- Octane skin: Abstract Splash
- Wraith skin: Energy Transfer
- Havoc skin: Electric Momentum
- Volt skin: Vapour Trail
- Fuse Banner: Aces High
- Wattson Banner: High Voltage
- Octane Banner: The Formula
- Holo-spray: Charged Up
- Holo-spray: Energy
- Holo-spray: Free your speed
With Wraith, Octane, and two energy weapons getting unique new skins, there are quite a few neat items for you to collect. However, the bad news is that these are only of the ‘Rare’ variety.
In addition to these cosmetics, a few players also discovered High Energy badges after the 9.1 update. These will reportedly unlock higher-tiers depending on the number of codes that you redeem.
These will level up in tiers as you redeem more codes. While there aren’t any legendary or epic skins in this collab, you’ll still have some new activities to try out until Season 10 goes live.
We currently don’t know what exactly you’ll have to do in order to unlock each of these cosmetics, but we’ll be sure to update this article with that information once it becomes available.
Also, be sure to check out our article on how to watch EA Play Live 2021 for more Season 10 news, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment / u/dmr0wl
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...