Apex Legends has enjoyed a solid resurgence with Season 7, and Season 8 is already on the horizon. 2020 is behind us, but Respawn Entertainment has already tried to get the year off to a hot start with the new Fight Night Collection event and lots of new updates and fixes.
“2020 is last year’s news. Let’s start talking about 2021, beginning with our plans for the Fight Night Collection Event, coming January 5th.”
There is plenty of content to come for aspiring Apex Legends in the making, and we have all the information for you below.
Apex Legends Fight Night Collection
AIRDROP ESCALATION TAKEOVER
“With this update, we’re testing a new approach to LTMs. Instead of launching as its own playlist, the Airdrop Escalation LTM will be a “takeover” of the normal “Play Apex” game mode. It’s classic Battle Royale, but with way, way more supply drops. Immediately after you leave the Jumpship, you’ll find a cluster of four supply drops across the map. During each round, more will drop—they land at the same speed as Lifeline’s Care Packages.”
“Each supply drop contains a fully-kitted weapon of different tiers, depending on the round. For example, Round one’s drops feature level two kitted weapons while Round four’s drops include red armor and crate weapons. As with regular fully-kitted weapons, you can’t break them down or swap their attachments onto other weapons. And, of course, regular weapons and weapons will still appear as ground loot.”
PATHFINDER TOWN TAKEOVER
“Entering the ring will prevent any player from using their weapons and any of their abilities. The only way to beat someone is via a bit of fist o’ cuffs. Oh, and don’t worry about any outside ring interference—no outside projectiles, grenades, or abilities can penetrate the ring’s force field.”
“Punchout the loot balls contained within the ring to scoop up some rare loot. Just remember you can’t use it until you leave!”
FIGHT NIGHT COLLECTION EVENT AND REWARDS TRACK
“The Fight Night Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends.
All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Each Event Pack will come with one event item and two non-event items at the following drop rates:
Each pack contains:
- One Event Item: 50% Event Epic, 50% Event Legendary
- One Non-Event Item: 70% Rare, 20% Epic, 10% Legendary
- One Non-Event Item: 70% Rare, 20% Epic, 10% Legendary
If you collect all 24 event items, you’ll get the Gibraltar Heirloom.
After the event ends, the Gibraltar Heirloom will become available via heirloom crafting.
As with previous events, this event brings a rewards track with all-new earnable cosmetics:
You can earn 1000 points per day and challenges refresh daily. The challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete both at once.”
“After having been previously decommissioned, MRVNs are now programmed to reward Legends in the arena. Only appearing in Olympus, these friendly guys will give you loot after interacting with them. They’ll produce tiered loot equal to what is shown on their screens.
- White sad face = Common level 1 loot
- Neutral blue face = Rare level 2 loot
- Pleased purple face = Epic level 3 loot
- Very Happy yellow face = Legendary Level 4 loot
Pick up your loot and thank your friendly MRVN. Or, if you’re feeling toxic, shoot them. When you do, they may drop their arm for you to store in your inventory. Taking this to another MRVN with the missing piece may get you a reward. Hi-five?”
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
- Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Season 8 will feature gold magazines with new feature
Apex Legends Season 8 nearly here, and we’ve got a sneak peek at a new gold magazine attachment that automatically reloads your gun.
Apex Legends Season 8 releases February 2, 2021, and will include a new gold magazine rarity, that will automatically reload weapons.
The news for Apex Legends Season 8 just keeps getting better. We had our first peek at the new content last week in a trailer released by Respawn, and today we got some additional information regarding the new “Gold Magazines.”
In a now-removed YouTube video description for the Season 8 gameplay trailer, it was stated that players should “look out for Gold Magazines, capable of automatically reloading holstered weapons.”
Are the Gold Magazines overpowered?
At face value, players could easily believe that the Gold Magazines are overpowered, allowing users to quickly and instantly reload stowed weapons mid gunfight. However, it has been confirmed via Reddit by a Respawn Senior Game Designer, Daniel Klein that this is not the case. You can read his response below.
Rest assured, the new magazine won’t be problematic by allowing players to reload instantly. If it does become problematic, Daniel Klein mentioned that they can always change the cooldown, so this new magazine may be tweaked in the future.
The developer also added that there will be a screen popup and a sound effect when the stowed weapon is reloaded, so it will be easy to tell when the weapon is reloaded and ready to go.
To see gameplay of the new Gold Magazines, you’ll have to catch the official Apex Legends Season 8 gameplay trailer, linked below. It will go live on January 26, 2021, at 11 AM ET.
How to counter Bloodhound’s ultimate in Apex Legends
There is a neat little trick that can help you use Bloodhound’s ultimate ability against them in Apex Legends.
A few Apex Legends players have discovered a characteristic of Bloodhound’s ultimate that highlights the character’s location, and they’ve used this helpful trick to counter this move in combat.
There are various unique characters for you to choose from while playing Apex Legends. All of these Legends have their own special abilities, which make them ideal for different combat strategies.
Bloodhound has a high pick-rate and is considered the second most popular Legend in Season 7. Their Beast of the Hunt ultimate allows them to gain speed and highlights their enemies, which makes it hard to hide from them.
However, this ability has a few major giveaways that can reveal Bloodhound’s location if they’re camping. If you’ve noticed these, then you can use them to your advantage.
Simple Apex Legends trick to counter Bloodhound’s ultimate
One thing that telegraphs Bloodhound’s ultimate ability is the pulsating sound that you can hear if you’re nearby. You can also see the dome that appears when they begin scanning the area. However, there’s also a third sign of this ability that you should watch out for.
- Read More: How to self-revive Apex Legends
The Beast of the Hunt has a distinct glow that becomes visible when Bloodhound is camping behind a wall or door. Reddit user dewag posted a clip in the Apex Legends subreddit, in which they were able to spot a Bloodhound that was hiding in a corner.
The Legend was trying to heal while sitting right up against the wall, and the player noticed the glow of the ultimate ability through the opening. They then took advantage of this to catch Bloodhound completely by surprise.
However, you should keep in mind that this trick is extremely situational, so you’ll have to count on Bloodhound using their ultimate while sitting in a corner in order – apart from maybe in the final few circles.
That said, this is still an incredibly useful tactic to employ in combat. Once you know where the Legend is hiding, you can flush them out with a grenade, shot, or even by using your own ultimate ability. So be sure to try it out whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends devs reveal possible buffs for Loba
Apex Legends fans feel that Loba’s teleportation ability could do with a buff, so a senior developer revealed it might happen in future.
Following a fan’s request for Loba to be buffed, Apex Legends developer, Daniel Klein, revealed that she could be buffed in the future, although she’s “pretty good right now.”
Loba was introduced to Apex Legends in Season 5, and while being one of the most interesting characters, some fans believe her abilities are lackluster compared to those of other Legends.
On the Season 8 teaser Reddit thread, Apex Legends fans pitched buffs to the High Society Thief, and a developer gave a detailed response.
Loba buffed in future updates
Loba’s Tactical Ability, Burglar’s Best Friend, allows her to throw her ‘jump drive bracelet,’ and teleport to wherever it lands. It has a 29-second cooldown, which some fans believe is too long for certain situations.
A Reddit user pitched a buff to Loba’s teleportation bracelet to Senior Game Designer, Daniel Klein. Similar to how Pathfinder’s Grappling Hook’s cooldown scales with how far it travels, Apexfan12 suggested that Loba’s bracelet should have the same mechanic.
According to Apexfan12, there have been “many times” where Loba mains accidentally throw the bracelet right in front of them and still have to wait 30 seconds for it to recharge.
- Read more: How to see your FPS in Apex Legends on PC
“Definitely could do that!” responded Klein. “Could also just shave off time in general,” he considered. “I think the animations pre and post use could also do with some tightening.”
Klein then admitted that she’s “pretty good right now” and confirmed the update won’t be coming immediately, but we could see it in “a patch or two.”
In the same thread, another user suggested that they could make Loba’s bracelet travel faster in the air so the landing animation isn’t taken away.
Klein shot them down, saying that “this would be a last resort,” as it would require a lot of new animation work and could have balance problems. However, he admitted that perhaps they could speed her up by reducing the take-off animation.
“This is experimental stuff we’re still playtesting and there’s a good chance we won’t ship it if it’s not healthy for the game,” he concluded.
Apex Legends Season 8 is set to launch on February 2 and will bring a variety of Legend balancing updates, but Loba will be left to “rest” for a while.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Season 8 will feature gold magazines with new feature
Apex Legends Season 8 nearly here, and we've got a sneak peek at a new gold magazine attachment that automatically...
Will Overwatch 2 be cross-platform?
With the gaming industry turning to cross-platform play, will Blizzard follow the trend with the release of Overwatch 2?
Best AUG loadout to use in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
The AUG is one of the strongest weapons in Black Ops Cold War, so use these attachments and perks to...