Like with any big update for Apex Legends, the new Collection Event, Genesis, will see various Legend changes, bug fixes, and more in the new patch notes.
With players now hyped for the new Genesis Collection Event to arrive on June 29, the Apex Legends devs have released all the patch notes for the update, including some pretty interesting Legend changes.
The Apex Legends Season 9: Legacy patch notes definitely shifted the meta when it dropped on May 4, introducing a strong new Legend in Valkyrie while also nerfing and buffing various Legends. It seems the next Collection Event is planning to shift this even more now, with the new Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes being revealed.
Respawn dropped the Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes over on EA’s website, detailing all the upcoming changes, which you can find below:
Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes
LEGEND BALANCE UPDATES
- Launch Pad cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.
Dev Note: Octane remains the most popular legend by a large margin even after the stim nerf. Turns out jump pads are fun, but with the added utility from the two launch options, it’s only fair to bump up the cooldown.
- Slightly slimmed down hitbox (specifically his midsection, arms, and upper legs).
- Stalker climb height significantly increased. It’s not literally unlimited now, but… that boy can really climb.
- Silence duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Reduced the duration of death protection by 5 seconds while using the Death Totem.
Dev Note: Revenant’s large frame places him at a significant disadvantage in gunfights, particularly against smaller legends who no longer have Low Profile. We’re shrinking some of his hitboxes to counteract this disadvantage, while also improving his ability to climb up walls and attack from unexpected angles. (We know this can be frustrating given how silent he is, so we’ll continue to monitor and add sound if necessary.) That said, we’re taking this opportunity to reduce some of the frustration that comes when playing against his tactical and ultimate.
- Increased hit box size, mostly in the legs and waist.
Dev Note: Unlike Revenant, Lifeline excels in gunfights given her small hitbox. Even with the res shield gone, it’s no surprise the smallest character in the game saw an uptick in performance with the removal of Low Profile. She remains small, but these hitbox changes bring her closer to the medium sized legends.
- Eye of the Allfather scan revealed time decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Beast of the Hunt duration decreased from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Time can still be added by downing enemies.
Dev Note: Bloodhound has remained a popular and powerful pick for multiple seasons now, mostly because of the sheer amount of information that can be gained with one tap of their tactical. Shortening the scan duration still provides a snapshot of information for Bloodhound’s team without stifling all enemies caught anywhere in the large range for a full 4 seconds.
- Major Buff: Wattson can now place more than one Nessie on the map at a time with her Epic emote.
Dev Note: There can now be up to 20 Nessies active at once on any given map. Until that cap is reached, any Wattson can place as many as she likes. When the cap is hit, the oldest Nessie belonging to the Wattson who currently owns the most Nessies is removed.
WEAPONS BALANCE UPDATES
- Increased Fire Rate from 6.25 -> 7.0
- Increased Base Ammo from 12 -> 14
- Increased Lvl 1 Mag from 14 -> 16
- Increased Lvl 2 Mag from 16 -> 18
- Increased Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Mag from 18 -> 21
- Increased Hip Fire spread
Dev Note: The Spitfire has continued to over perform so we’re hitting it’s close range hip fire accuracy which should help bring it in line.
- Slightly increased projectile speed
- Reduced charge time from 0.5s -> 0.35s
- Damage increased from 55 -> 60
ARENAS PRICE ADJUSTMENTS
The figures below represent changes to the cost in materials to unlock or upgrade weapons, utilities, and Legend abilities in Arenas matches.
- P2020 Lvl 1 Upgrade: 50 -> 25
- P2020 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 125 -> 75
- P2020 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 200 -> 150
- RE45: 250 -> 200
- EVA: 250 -> 300
- Mastiff: 500 -> 400
- R99: 550 -> 500
- Volt: 500 -> 550
- Spitfire: 550 -> 600
- L-Star: 400 -> 500
- R301 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 300 -> 350
- G7 Scout: 350 -> 400
- G7 Scout Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- 30-30: 350 -> 400
- 30-30 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- Arc Star: 100 -> 125
- Gold Backpack: 250 -> 300
Legend Ability Prices
- Crypto EMP: 600 -> 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 -> 50
- Revenant Death Totem: 600 -> 500
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 -> 75
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 -> 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350 -> 450
ARENAS BALANCE CHANGES
Legend Ability Adjustments
- Pathfinder’s Grapple starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Pathfinder’s Zipline round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooldown reduced from every 3 rounds to every other round.
- Wattson’s Interception Pylon round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Launch Pad cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Stim starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Added a scoreboard to the map screen.
- You can now report players by pressing [SPACE / Y] in the map screen
- From Round 3 and onward, you’ll now start with a shield battery in addition to 2 syringes and 2 shield cells.
- Care packages will also land 5s earlier to make the contained weapons a more viable option before the round closes out.
- 6x scope moved from base sniper weapons to Lvl 1 upgrade.
ARENAS MAP ADJUSTMENTS
- Adjusted circle logic to favor downtown a bit more.
- Simplified the minimap’s visual language.
- Raised cover height on certain props throughout the map to prevent unfair advantages to large rig Legends.
- Added a few trees to reduce the ease of spawn sniping (looking at you, Reptar…).
ARENAS BUG FIXES
- The UI for Purple devotion now shows the attached turbocharger.
- Players will no longer be chosen as Jump Masters during the legend select screen.
- Updated the sniper stock to show an empty slot when needed.
- Can no longer get stuck in the crouch position after dying while reviving a teammate during a round in Arenas.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Updated fuel gauge UI to better indicate when you’re using fuel and when you’re running low.
- Will now have custom animations for LMG reload. These have no impact on her current reload times.
- Added VO for when your Ultimate is ready, or not ready.
- When your Ultimate gets to 100%, you’ll be prompted to tell your team with new VO for each Legend.
- At any point in time, you can ping your Ultimate icon (in your inventory) to show your teammate what percentage you’re at (in quickchat).
- Added VO for when you enter a Replicator, so your teammates know you are crafting and won’t leave you behind! Probably.
- Added VO for pinging a friendly Trident, in addition to the neutral and enemy states that already existed.
- You can now turn off FOV scaling when certain abilities are used. Look in the options.
- Reduced the frequency of Ring endings near out-of-bounds areas (like canyon walls or map edges).
- Healing items will now play the entire healing sound when used by other players, instead of just the beginning and ending.
- Muting players will now also mute text to speech.
- Fixed an issue with enemies not getting highlighted when in Caustic’s Nox Gas.
- Players can now see the number of grenades in the grenades stack when viewed on floor.
- Fixed the 1P arm color on “Board to Death” to match the 3P view.
- Fuse will no longer produce a third arm when ADS’ing and using the tactical at the same time.
- Being struck by a direct hit of Fuse’s Knucklecluster will no longer cause Gibraltar’s Gun shield to take unnecessary damage.
- Gibby’s Ultimate will no longer damage a friendly’s Horizon’s Ult.
- Gun Shield will no longer take additional bleed through damage.
- Horizon’s tactical will no longer ascend Caustic’s gas traps or Octane’s Jump pads to the heavens.
- Lifeline will no longer use Wraith’s animations while in the boxing ring.
- Enemy Care packages will now have loot if the enemy Lifeline leaves the game before it lands.
- Completed another pass to prevent Loba from getting into unallowed areas.
- Corrected an issue with Mirage flickering while in the Lobby.
- Fixed obstructed ADSing while using the Compound bow and the 3x sight.
- Can no longer swap weapons faster if the holster animation is canceled.
- Did a Zipline pass on Arena Maps to prevent Pathfinder getting into unfair positions.
- Fixed a logic error when using Wraith’s Portal and Sheila at the same time.
- Did a pass to allow more places to place Amped Walls on Olympus.
- Fixed an audio issue with Rampart’s Tactical when in close quarters.
- Fixed an issue with Sheila disappearing off of Rampart’s back if shot during an emote.
- Players no longer fall under the ground when using Shelia on certain slopes.
- Death Totem can now be damaged in Firing Range.
- Did an environment pass to prevent Valk from entering areas not meant to be entered.
- Amped cover will no longer push players into geo if Skyward Dive is initiated near it.
- Valkyrie’s Ult UI no longer remains on screen if observer switches to another POV.
- First person view no longer obstructed when using a shield battery.
- Fixed an issue with players not being able to cancel being hooked up to Valks Ult.
- Wattson no longer uses Wraith’s animation in the boxing ring.
- The Nessie that Watton leaves behind with her Epic emote should no longer fall over dead when using a Legendary skin.
- Fixed a bug where players have to play one Ranked game after a Season or Split reset for the reset to fully take effect. Note that players who have not played a Ranked game recently before this update will still have to play one more game of Ranked with their RP changing before this bug is completely fixed.
- Matchmaking will be canceled if the party leader changes the playlist to a mode that a party member is not eligible for.
The Genesis Collection Event will run from June 29 to July 13, so make sure to free up your calendar! For more on Apex Legends and the new event, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Ranked: How does rank reset work?
For those wondering how Apex Legends rank reset works in ranked splits, we’ve got all the details covered for you.
Apex Legends has a great ranked system that is split over two periods, for those unsure as to how your rank is reset over these periods, here’s how it works.
Apex Legends has a great rank system that is both easy to understand and extremely addictive. For those who want a more competitive experience and a way to gauge their own skill, Ranked Leagues is the place to be.
With Season 13 bringing major changes to Ranked Leagues, with the 13.1 patch making additional tweaks, players both old and new might want a quick reminder of how the rank reset works after the split.
Apex Legends Season 13’s first ranked split was played on Storm Point, with the second bringing World’s Edge back to the ranked mode after the split occurred on June 28.
For more information on Apex Legends Ranked Leagues, check out our article on the most popular Legends to get a head start. Now, Let’s get into exactly how Apex Legends rank reset works.
How does rank reset work in Apex Legends?
Since Apex Legends Season 3, Respawn has split the ranked season into two halves, each spanning one and half months.
At the end of the first split, players will experience a “soft reset” for the second half of the ranked season, which sees their rank reduced by 4 divisions.
That means if you ended the first split in Gold II, you will see an Apex Legends rank reset to Silver II when the second ranked split begins.
Apex Predators, which is the players in the top rank, will be reset to Diamond IV, so be wary at the start of the split if you make your way to Diamond fast, you’ll be up against some tough competition.
That’s all on how rank reset works in Apex Legends Ranked Leagues. For more, check out what the devs said about potential Gold Knockdown Shield changes.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends: Lifeline’s Clinic teases Kings Canyon & new moon BR map
Lifeline’s Clinic on Olympus for Apex Legends Season 13 possesses easter eggs which hint at Kings Canyon updates and a new BR map.
An easter egg found on Apex Legends’ brand-new Lifeline Town Takeover on Olympus may hint at map changes to Kings Canyon and a new moon-themed BR map.
As well as some buffs, Lifeline got her very own POI on Olympus called the Clinic, which definitely holds a few secrets. Some players in the Apex Legends community have discovered some easter eggs in the new POI which may be hinting at both Kings Canyon changes and the next BR map.
Lifeline’s new Town Takeover on Olympus brings new life to the northeastern side of the map, sitting just behind the Gardens POI. Since 1.98 patch dropped on June 21, players have been getting to grips with this new POI and all it has to offer.
Apex Legends content creator kralrindo pointed out some interesting magazines that can be found in the POI, one of which the headline states “Salvage operation complete…say hello to King’s Canyon’s New Relic.”
- Read more: How to get Legend Tokens in Apex Legends
This is of course hinting at the King’s Canyon POI Salvage, which has been attempting to clean up the collapse of Skull Town since Season 5. This magazine headline is clearly hinting at a change to the POI, as the salvage operation has been complete, and a new relic is now in its place.
It’s unclear what Salvage is going to be replaced with, but the “new relic” could be salvaged parts of Skull Town, which possessed a massive skeleton of an ancient creature. We’ll likely find out when more is revealed for Season 14, which is when the map will return.
Further, someone in the comments noticed another easter egg in the same magazine, as just above the Salvage story it reads: “Boreas News…CRC in a deadlock about the moon’s future.”
Boreas is Seer’s home planet, and many believe this headline is just a reference to the destroyed moon in the skybox of the Arenas map Encore.
We aren’t set for a new battle royale map until Season 15, and that’s only if the current trend of a new battle royale map releasing every four seasons is correct. With that being said, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a teaser this earlier on.
We’ll have to wait and see if any more teasers can back up the magazine headlines, but for now, check out the Apex Legends leaks that are suggesting a level cap increase is on its way.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Season 13 popularity plummets after being most streamed game
Despite the new content, Apex Legends Season 13 has seen a huge decline in popularity, setting new lows for the battle royale.
Apex Legends have taken a massive decline in popularity for Season 13, as Twitch views for the game have fallen greatly.
Despite new content and being crowned the most streamed game on Twitch at the start of the season, the Apex Legends community has noticed a huge decline in the popularity of the game.
Apex Legends content creator Garret has noticed a severe decline in Twitch views for Apex Legends since the launch of Season 13. It’s normal to see spikes in Twitch views and player count when a new season drops, but maintaining high numbers throughout the season is more telling.
According to a graph posted by Garret on Twitter, Twitch views for Apex Legends are down by “more than 50% since last season,” showing just how much the popularity of the game has fallen.
However, Garret feels it could have something to do with the ranked changes for Season 13, which have caused a lot of controversy among the player base: “Upon further thought I wouldn’t be surprised if ranked changes had a hand in the view drop lol.”
While the player base is maintaining good numbers for Apex Legends Season 13, it’s not a great sign to see the Twitch views drop this far, especially when we’re only halfway through the season.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the best PC settings to boost performance and visual quality in Warzone Pacific, including how to use the...
What could Dr Disrespect’s battle royale look like? Midnight Society, Project Moon details
Popular streamer Dr Disrespect launched Midnight Society to develop his own game, so what could his battle royale look like?
FIFA 22 Shapeshifters: Release date, promo explained, Team 3 FUT Hero leaks
The Shapeshifters promo followed TOTS as the next Ultimate Team promo in FIFA 22. Here's a look at what to...