Like with any big update for Apex Legends, the new Collection Event, Genesis, will see various Legend changes, bug fixes, and more in the new patch notes.
With players now hyped for the new Genesis Collection Event to arrive on June 29, the Apex Legends devs have released all the patch notes for the update, including some pretty interesting Legend changes.
The Apex Legends Season 9: Legacy patch notes definitely shifted the meta when it dropped on May 4, introducing a strong new Legend in Valkyrie while also nerfing and buffing various Legends. It seems the next Collection Event is planning to shift this even more now, with the new Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes being revealed.
Respawn dropped the Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes over on EA’s website, detailing all the upcoming changes, which you can find below:
Apex Legends Genesis Collection Event update patch notes
LEGEND BALANCE UPDATES
- Launch Pad cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.
Dev Note: Octane remains the most popular legend by a large margin even after the stim nerf. Turns out jump pads are fun, but with the added utility from the two launch options, it’s only fair to bump up the cooldown.
- Slightly slimmed down hitbox (specifically his midsection, arms, and upper legs).
- Stalker climb height significantly increased. It’s not literally unlimited now, but… that boy can really climb.
- Silence duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Reduced the duration of death protection by 5 seconds while using the Death Totem.
Dev Note: Revenant’s large frame places him at a significant disadvantage in gunfights, particularly against smaller legends who no longer have Low Profile. We’re shrinking some of his hitboxes to counteract this disadvantage, while also improving his ability to climb up walls and attack from unexpected angles. (We know this can be frustrating given how silent he is, so we’ll continue to monitor and add sound if necessary.) That said, we’re taking this opportunity to reduce some of the frustration that comes when playing against his tactical and ultimate.
- Increased hit box size, mostly in the legs and waist.
Dev Note: Unlike Revenant, Lifeline excels in gunfights given her small hitbox. Even with the res shield gone, it’s no surprise the smallest character in the game saw an uptick in performance with the removal of Low Profile. She remains small, but these hitbox changes bring her closer to the medium sized legends.
- Eye of the Allfather scan revealed time decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Beast of the Hunt duration decreased from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Time can still be added by downing enemies.
Dev Note: Bloodhound has remained a popular and powerful pick for multiple seasons now, mostly because of the sheer amount of information that can be gained with one tap of their tactical. Shortening the scan duration still provides a snapshot of information for Bloodhound’s team without stifling all enemies caught anywhere in the large range for a full 4 seconds.
- Major Buff: Wattson can now place more than one Nessie on the map at a time with her Epic emote.
Dev Note: There can now be up to 20 Nessies active at once on any given map. Until that cap is reached, any Wattson can place as many as she likes. When the cap is hit, the oldest Nessie belonging to the Wattson who currently owns the most Nessies is removed.
WEAPONS BALANCE UPDATES
- Increased Fire Rate from 6.25 -> 7.0
- Increased Base Ammo from 12 -> 14
- Increased Lvl 1 Mag from 14 -> 16
- Increased Lvl 2 Mag from 16 -> 18
- Increased Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Mag from 18 -> 21
- Increased Hip Fire spread
Dev Note: The Spitfire has continued to over perform so we’re hitting it’s close range hip fire accuracy which should help bring it in line.
- Slightly increased projectile speed
- Reduced charge time from 0.5s -> 0.35s
- Damage increased from 55 -> 60
ARENAS PRICE ADJUSTMENTS
The figures below represent changes to the cost in materials to unlock or upgrade weapons, utilities, and Legend abilities in Arenas matches.
- P2020 Lvl 1 Upgrade: 50 -> 25
- P2020 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 125 -> 75
- P2020 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 200 -> 150
- RE45: 250 -> 200
- EVA: 250 -> 300
- Mastiff: 500 -> 400
- R99: 550 -> 500
- Volt: 500 -> 550
- Spitfire: 550 -> 600
- L-Star: 400 -> 500
- R301 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 300 -> 350
- G7 Scout: 350 -> 400
- G7 Scout Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- 30-30: 350 -> 400
- 30-30 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- Arc Star: 100 -> 125
- Gold Backpack: 250 -> 300
Legend Ability Prices
- Crypto EMP: 600 -> 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 -> 50
- Revenant Death Totem: 600 -> 500
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 -> 75
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 -> 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350 -> 450
ARENAS BALANCE CHANGES
Legend Ability Adjustments
- Pathfinder’s Grapple starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Pathfinder’s Zipline round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooldown reduced from every 3 rounds to every other round.
- Wattson’s Interception Pylon round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Launch Pad cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Stim starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Added a scoreboard to the map screen.
- You can now report players by pressing [SPACE / Y] in the map screen
- From Round 3 and onward, you’ll now start with a shield battery in addition to 2 syringes and 2 shield cells.
- Care packages will also land 5s earlier to make the contained weapons a more viable option before the round closes out.
- 6x scope moved from base sniper weapons to Lvl 1 upgrade.
ARENAS MAP ADJUSTMENTS
- Adjusted circle logic to favor downtown a bit more.
- Simplified the minimap’s visual language.
- Raised cover height on certain props throughout the map to prevent unfair advantages to large rig Legends.
- Added a few trees to reduce the ease of spawn sniping (looking at you, Reptar…).
ARENAS BUG FIXES
- The UI for Purple devotion now shows the attached turbocharger.
- Players will no longer be chosen as Jump Masters during the legend select screen.
- Updated the sniper stock to show an empty slot when needed.
- Can no longer get stuck in the crouch position after dying while reviving a teammate during a round in Arenas.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Updated fuel gauge UI to better indicate when you’re using fuel and when you’re running low.
- Will now have custom animations for LMG reload. These have no impact on her current reload times.
- Added VO for when your Ultimate is ready, or not ready.
- When your Ultimate gets to 100%, you’ll be prompted to tell your team with new VO for each Legend.
- At any point in time, you can ping your Ultimate icon (in your inventory) to show your teammate what percentage you’re at (in quickchat).
- Added VO for when you enter a Replicator, so your teammates know you are crafting and won’t leave you behind! Probably.
- Added VO for pinging a friendly Trident, in addition to the neutral and enemy states that already existed.
- You can now turn off FOV scaling when certain abilities are used. Look in the options.
- Reduced the frequency of Ring endings near out-of-bounds areas (like canyon walls or map edges).
- Healing items will now play the entire healing sound when used by other players, instead of just the beginning and ending.
- Muting players will now also mute text to speech.
- Fixed an issue with enemies not getting highlighted when in Caustic’s Nox Gas.
- Players can now see the number of grenades in the grenades stack when viewed on floor.
- Fixed the 1P arm color on “Board to Death” to match the 3P view.
- Fuse will no longer produce a third arm when ADS’ing and using the tactical at the same time.
- Being struck by a direct hit of Fuse’s Knucklecluster will no longer cause Gibraltar’s Gun shield to take unnecessary damage.
- Gibby’s Ultimate will no longer damage a friendly’s Horizon’s Ult.
- Gun Shield will no longer take additional bleed through damage.
- Horizon’s tactical will no longer ascend Caustic’s gas traps or Octane’s Jump pads to the heavens.
- Lifeline will no longer use Wraith’s animations while in the boxing ring.
- Enemy Care packages will now have loot if the enemy Lifeline leaves the game before it lands.
- Completed another pass to prevent Loba from getting into unallowed areas.
- Corrected an issue with Mirage flickering while in the Lobby.
- Fixed obstructed ADSing while using the Compound bow and the 3x sight.
- Can no longer swap weapons faster if the holster animation is canceled.
- Did a Zipline pass on Arena Maps to prevent Pathfinder getting into unfair positions.
- Fixed a logic error when using Wraith’s Portal and Sheila at the same time.
- Did a pass to allow more places to place Amped Walls on Olympus.
- Fixed an audio issue with Rampart’s Tactical when in close quarters.
- Fixed an issue with Sheila disappearing off of Rampart’s back if shot during an emote.
- Players no longer fall under the ground when using Shelia on certain slopes.
- Death Totem can now be damaged in Firing Range.
- Did an environment pass to prevent Valk from entering areas not meant to be entered.
- Amped cover will no longer push players into geo if Skyward Dive is initiated near it.
- Valkyrie’s Ult UI no longer remains on screen if observer switches to another POV.
- First person view no longer obstructed when using a shield battery.
- Fixed an issue with players not being able to cancel being hooked up to Valks Ult.
- Wattson no longer uses Wraith’s animation in the boxing ring.
- The Nessie that Watton leaves behind with her Epic emote should no longer fall over dead when using a Legendary skin.
- Fixed a bug where players have to play one Ranked game after a Season or Split reset for the reset to fully take effect. Note that players who have not played a Ranked game recently before this update will still have to play one more game of Ranked with their RP changing before this bug is completely fixed.
- Matchmaking will be canceled if the party leader changes the playlist to a mode that a party member is not eligible for.
The Genesis Collection Event will run from June 29 to July 13, so make sure to free up your calendar! For more on Apex Legends and the new event, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends players believe Seer is inspired by music star Lil Nas X
Apex Legends players are suggesting that Seer has a very similar aesthetic to music artist Lil Nas X and may have been influential to the design.
Some Apex Legends fans are drawing on similarities between the new Legend Seer and popular musician Lil Nas X, suggesting he may have been an influence when the developers were creating the character.
Apex Legends has just dropped its brand new update featuring a variety of changes in the patch notes. As well as Legends and weapons receiving buffs and nerfs, players also get to drop in on a new Decimated World’s Edge and Ranked Arenas playlist, keeping the free-to-play FPS fresh.
As well as all this, players have also been able to get their hands on the new Legend Seer, who has an interesting kit and an intriguing aesthetic that many relate to Lil Nas X.
Lil Nas X is a popular musician who has broken onto the music scene in the last few years. The musician is known for his outlandish outfits, and most notable, his cowboy influence due to his hit song “Old Town Road” with Billy Ray Cyrus.
Lil Nas X is constantly seen sporting a cowboy hat similar to Seer’s, which seems to be the main reason for their recent comparison by Apex fans on social media.
Apex Legends Seer and Lil Nas X
Of course, both are of similar heritage, with African influence being a heavy part of Seer’s lore and design, even having a skin called “Afrofuturism.” However, the main point of comparison seems to be the personality and aesthetic similarities, possessing flamboyant and extravagant qualities.
Similar to Lil Nas X, Seer also has a musical background, with his mother being a dancer. Seer definitely possesses a spring in his step similar to that of a professional dancer, as he moves very fluidly as if every action is part of a routine.
Their outfits also have a similar aesthetic, with Lil Nas X often pictured with gold accents and a cowboy hat, much like Seer’s launch bundle skin.
Fans on Twitter have already picked up on this, with one user even putting the images side by side to compare, demanding that the devs confirm Seer has some Lil Nas X influence in his design.
We are yet to officially know whether Respawn Entertainment was influenced by Lil Nas X when they were creating Seer.
However, we know Respawn is great at representing communities and all walks of life, so we wouldn’t be surprised if this was their ode to Lil Nas X and his breaking of industry norms.
For more on Apex Legends, check out our recent article on why content creators and streamers are leaning towards Apex Legends over Warzone.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment / Wikimedia Commons
Apex Legends Monsters Collection Event skins leaked
The next Apex Legends collection event may have had some of its skins leaked, as a dataminer reveals some new content for a possible Monster event.
Just like any new update, dataminers have found some new code that hints at an Apex Legends Monster Collection Event, as well as some upcoming themed skins.
Apex Legends fans have been gifted with a brand new season, Emergence, which brought various new updates in the patch notes to freshen up the game. Players have been enjoying the new Legend, Seer, and the various weapon and Legend meta changes.
Although players were given a brand new battle pass with various cosmetics to unlock, it seems dataminers have unveiled even more upcoming content, which has got fans excited.
Popular Apex Legends dataminer Garretleaks has been revealing upcoming content for the battle royale for some time now, becoming a reliable source for leaks.
The latest leak involves the upcoming collection event and the first look at upcoming skins for Revenant and Bloodhound.
Leaked Apex Legends Monsters Collection Event skins
Garretleaks revealed the codename for the upcoming collection event is “Monsters,” which stands as the theme for the skins we can expect in the event.
For example, the skin Garretleaks revealed is a Revenant skin that depicts the Legend as a werewolf, possibly referencing the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
Some have even been speculating that we could see a Loba skin where she is portrayed as Red Riding Hood in the group of possible Apex Legends Monsters Collection Event skins.
There is also speculation that the event could revolve around old folk tales and fables that involve monsters, especially as the new Legend, Seer, seems to have a similar back story, with his community ousting him as cursed.
Further, Garret also revealed some holosprays of future Apex Legends Monsters Collection Event skins, which seem to be related to the event. As we know, holosprays often show future skins before they come out, as we had seen a lot of the Genesis Collection Event skins in holospray form before their release.
One of the holospray skins shown was for Bloodhound, which depicts the Legend as a simulacrum, which is pretty controversial as there has been a constant debate about what Bloodhound actually is.
If you’re interested in seeing more skins from Apex Legends, why not check out all the Legendary skins for Seer.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment / Garretleaks
Activision ignores Warzone anti-cheat as streamers switch to Apex Legends
Activision is continuing to ignore an anti-cheat system for CoD and Warzone, leading to more players jumping over to Apex Legends.
During Activision’s most recent Investor Call, they once again neglected to discuss a Call of Duty anti-cheat system, despite the fact that many players and streamers are switching over to Apex Legends Season 10.
Call of Duty is in a precarious spot at the moment. Black Ops Cold War is moving along nicely during the year with more content planned for the game and setting up a healthy transition over to Call of Duty: Vanguard.
However, Warzone is a bit more complicated at the moment as the endless cheating and hacking is drawing people away from the game. In particular, big streamers like NICKMERCS are now favoring Apex Legends.
Activision held their quarterly Investor Call on August 3, and it featured no mention of the much sought-after anti-cheat system. This may make things worse, especially with huge titles like Halo: Infinite and Battlefield 2042 on the way.
Even though Season 5 of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone has just been announced, the talk is still very much about Warzone and its problems.
As pointed out by CoD Twitter page ModernWarzone: “There was no mention of an anti-cheat for #Warzone in today’s Activision Blizzard’s quarterly earnings call. It was never expected to be mentioned unless someone specifically asked a question regarding it, but that didn’t happen either.”
For the last few seasons of the battle royale shooter, players have to contend with one issue after another. The stim glitch, invincibility-causing God Mode glitches, players getting under the map, unbreakable gas masks, and many more.
It seems like many have reached a breaking point, including big-name streamers too. NICKMERCS has lost the desire to play Warzone and is now moving across to play Apex Legends to enjoy its new Season 10 content drop.
It’s not only Apex Legends that is the big concern for Warzone at the moment. The Halo Infinite flight test has just concluded, further building hype for the legendary sci-fi shooter’s newest entry.
Battlefield 2042 is closing in day-by-day, and players are even onboard the new trend train with Splitgate – described as Halo meets portals.
Unless Activision is secretly developing their own anti-cheat software, might there come a point where it will be too late?
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Respawn Entertainment
Best weapons to use in GTA Online
You need to carry the best weapons in your GTA Online arsenal for missions and PvP, so here's the best...
How to get Fortnite Ariana Grande Icon Series skin
Ariana Grande is the next personality to get a Fortnite Icon Series skin for her upcoming Rift Tour concert event,...
Best controller settings for Fortnite Season 7
If you're looking to build faster and shoot straighter in Fortnite Season 7, try out these controller settings and binds.