Respawn has released the official Apex Legends patch notes for the Raiders Collection Event.
As well as bringing new cosmetics, the fan-favorite Winter Express LTM, and Wattson’s Heirloom, the game also got some changes.
For those interested in seeing the changes, we’ve got you covered. Here are all the updates detailed in the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes released on December 7.
Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes
The Raiders Collection Event patch notes are introducing various changes. From a buff to Seer to the introduction of reticle color customization, players have a lot to look forward to.
- Read more: All Apex Legends voice actors in Season 11
Here are all the patch notes that have been detailed in Respawn’s latest blog.
- Wattson: Fixed the issue with fences “sticking” when trying to place a node near a fence.
- Wattson: Fixed bug for cases where Wattson’s Fence nodes ignored player collision.
- Wattson: Fixed bug with the blueprint line not showing up to signify where the fence will be created.
- Wattson: Fixed issue where Caustic’s Ultimate isn’t zapped by the Interception Pylon.
- Wattson: Fixed bug where Arc Stars could stick to and damage the Interception Pylon
- Ash: Based on feedback we’ve increased the audio presence of Ash’s Ultimate.
- Ash will no longer “bleed” when shot and now displays sparks [like Pathfinder and Revenant].
- Ash: fixed cases where a grid pattern would show on some rare and common skins.
- Valkyrie / Revenant: Fixed a bug where using a Skydive with Death Totem at a specific time caused Valkyrie’s skydive to enter a bugged state.
- Valkyrie: Fix for Birthright Skin where Valk’s jetpack control clips into her hands in first person.
- Arenas: Fixed bug where Seer could continuously charge his tactical after it’s reached zero uses.
- Arenas: Reduced reconnect times since the matches are shorter than a Battle Royale match.
- Arenas: Fix for missing ammo UI on the common, rare, or epic, CAR.
- Arenas: Fix for missing horizontal black bars while spectating.
- Arenas: Fix for cases where the Death Tab is missing from the shop window.
Additional bug fixes
- Fixed issue with a spot on Storm Point where players could camp in unintended areas near Command Center.
- We also addressed multiple minor bugs around the map ranging from misplaced kill triggers and holes in geo.
- Bocek Compound Fracture Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue where players would still see iron sights when aiming even if another sight is equipped.
- R-301 Dynastic Cycle Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue with the gun using a mix of two different skins.
- Fixed bug for cases where the Loba Edition displays “No Price Found” when viewed in the store tab.
- Based on feedback we’ve reduced the SFX on reactive skins for the Volt.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to scroll downwards when looting a death box or black market.
- Fixed bug that was preventing players from getting Rampart’s Heirloom even after buying all 24 event packs.
- Fixed bug where players could skydive faster after spamming Ping.
- Fixed issue with players seeing the 888 Elite Mode Badge constantly unlocking.
- Fixed bug where dive trails were not rewarded properly.
- Decreased Focus of Attention detonation delay from 1.6s to 1.4s
“Seer was dialed back to a healthier spot with the balance hotfix soon after his release. However, after four months of evaluating his use in the live game, the detonation delay seems a little too sluggish. We want to improve its feel while continuing to evaluate the reveal meta as a whole.“
- Base stick damage lowered from 30 -> 10
- Shield Damage Multiplier increased from x3 -> x4 (stick on shielded enemy will now max out at 40 instead of 90)
- Sticking an enemy now applies a slow debuff (reverting Legacy update change)
- Slow duration is now driven by distance to the center of Arc Star detonation
“Arc stars excel in a lot of areas. They have high damage potential coupled with a punishing slow, and can be thrown more accurately than other ordnance types. Removing the stick slow created some degenerate play patterns and often made it hard to tell when you got stuck in the heat of battle. We’re bringing that back with a tradeoff of lower damage potential and a proximity based slow falloff in non-stick cases. These changes make stick scenarios more consistent across shield types and make arc stars less effective at area denial.“
- Removed increased magazine capacity
“Big Maude has been an awesome drop location and a reliable source of early power for teams that win the hotdrop. However, the paintball weapons are proving to be a little too strong so we’re going to remove the increased mag size but keep the handling improvements.“
- Shotgun ammo, sniper ammo, and arrow crafting output reduced to a single stack
- Observer Mode – UI and Scoring Improvements for in-game stats menu.
- Observer Mode – Reduced opacity on Loba’s Back Market for map & mini-map.
- Observer Mode – Added toggle option to show next ring location.
- Added [Team] Eliminated text in kill feed for Private Match Anonymous mode.
- Admins now have the ability to end matches in either Observer or Player positions.
- Fixed issue for real time API delay after running consecutive games.
- New real time API events including:
- Shots fired
- Kill awarded
- Line by line formatting
- Unique player IDs
Quality of life
New Custom Reticle Color System
Custom Reticles are here! The new UI can be opened under Gameplay Settings by selecting the Customize option under Reticle.
Once in the new Custom Reticle UI you’ll be able to:
- Select a color from some of our recommended favorites
- Use the color and brightness sliders to find that perfect color
- Manually enter an RGB color
- Toggle between 4 different hand picked environments to preview your reticle
“You’ll be able to pick from a lot of colors in the new system, but darker colors won’t be selectable because of how some of our reticles react to the world (additive effect) which would make them invisible. If a manually entered RGB value is in that range, we will do our best to keep that hue but will bring that value closer to a safe color.“
That’s all for the Apex Legends Raiders Collection Event patch notes. For more, check out our piece on the 2022 Apex Legends Anniversary event.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Are Apex Legends servers down? Current server status
We’ve found a great way to check Apex Legends’ server status for all regions so you can see whether or not the Apex Legends servers are down.
Like any other popular multiplayer game, Apex Legends has its fair share of bugs and server issues. However, we’ve found a great way for players to check their region’s Apex Legends server status, so let’s get into how you can check if the servers are down.
Apex Legends is nearing Season 12, which looks to bring new content to the game such as a Collection Event and map updates. Previously, big updates have caused server issues for the devs, however, in recent times, the game has been fairly smooth for players.
Although the servers have been relatively stable recently, players encounter these issues reasonably often and may even wonder whether it’s an issue on their end.
If you encounter any server issues, we have an excellent way for you to check the Apex Legends server status.
Are Apex Legends servers down?
Currently, there are no issues being reported about mass server outages or problems. Apex hasn’t had many significant updates since the launch of Season 11, but we expect players to experience some instability, perhaps when Season 12 drops.
- Read more: Who owns Apex Legends battle royale?
Whenever you are experiencing server issues, there are many ways for you to check the server status for Apex Legends, so that you can figure out the root cause.
How to check the Apex Legends server status
Usually, one of those accounts will be updating and communicating to players about any server issues going on. Further, you can also follow our dedicated Apex Legends Twitter account, alphaINTEL, which is a great place to stay updated with anything Apex-related.
If you don’t have Twitter or have checked and haven’t seen any update on whether or not the Apex Legends servers are down, perhaps the problems you are experiencing are that of your setup or region.
How to check Apex Legends server status
There is a great way to check the regional Apex Legends server status for these specific problems so that you can see whether the issues you are experiencing are regional or due to your internet service provider.
The way to do so is through a handy website called apexlegendsstatus, which will give you a breakdown of server status in all the available regions, as well as all the platforms you could be playing the game on.
The website will even tell you how much latency (ms) in each server, indicating its stability.
Further, you can also report issues if there isn’t too much notice about the issue on the website, which will be added to a live report map you can check to see if people in your region are also experiencing the issue.
So, if you’re having issues, check this website to see whether it’s the platform or server you are playing that is having problems, or if these are all up and running, you can put it down to your setup.
Well, there you have it. This is the best way you can check the Apex Legends server status. For more on Apex, check out the teased map changes coming in Season 12.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Who owns Apex Legends battle royale?
Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale that’s available across all platforms, but who owns Apex Legends?
Apex Legends has gained a lot of popularity over the last year, and with new players getting to grips with the game every day, some may be wondering who the developers are.
With the recent news regarding Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision, players may be wondering what it means for their favorite games, like Call of Duty and Apex Legends.
As well as this, some players may just want to know the identity of the developers who own Apex Legends, as new players are joining every day. Luckily, we have the answer covered for you.
Who owns Apex Legends?
Apex Legends is developed by Respawn Entertainment, a development studio under EA founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who originally co-founded Infinity Ward, the development studio behind multiple Call of Duty games, with its latest being Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019).
Ultimately, Respawn Entertainment have no affiliation with Activision, and so the recent Microsoft deal doesn’t affect the ownership of the game at all.
Respawn Entertainment is also the studio behind the Titanfall franchise, which is very closely connected to Apex Legends, as the battle royale game takes place in the Titanfall universe.
Further, Respawn isn’t just known for creating FPS games, but the development studio also created Star Wars: Fallen Order, a story game held in high regard.
One thing Respawn Entertainment is great at is communicating with the community and keeping players informed with news and updates through social media.
Apex Legends is constantly being updated with fresh content for players keeping the game fun and drawing new players in, which is a testimony to how hard the team at Respawn Entertainment work.
With four battle royale maps, 19 Legends, exclusive maps for the Arenas mode, and a consistent flow of cosmetics, Apex Legends offers loads for players, and Respawn Entertainment is the team behind it all.
For more on Apex Legends, check out our recent piece on when the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions will be released.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends players call for major nerf to Valkyrie’s ultimate
Apex Legends players are calling for a major nerf to Valkyrie’s ultimate Skyward Dive ability, claiming its Scanning is too powerful..
Valkyrie’s ultimate ability Skydive lets her launch 180m into the air, allowing for easy rotations. Now, Apex Legends players are calling for this ability to be nerfed, claiming the scanning portion of this ability is too powerful.
Valkyrie’s Skyward Dive ability in Apex Legends lets the character and her teammates soar across the map while scanning for players on the ground. This informs them whether or not it’s safe to land in that area.
At the time of writing, this is one of the only scanning abilities in the game that doesn’t provide notifications to opponents who have been caught in it. This has caused many players to call for a change.
Reddit user ‘3KeyReasons’ brought up this issue in the Apex Legends subreddit. They suggested that Respawn add a “Skydive Detected” notification that will warn you about Valkyrie’s ultimate.
One user brought up that Valkyrie’s ultimate needs a line of sight to scan players, but they agreed with the Redditor’s suggestion: “This feature would be better. It would at least make us aware that a 3rd party is jumping on our heads.”
This change would certainly make it much easier to stay out of the way of Valkyrie’s Skyward Dive ability. Currently, it’s unknown whether or not Respawn will choose to implement this feature in the game.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
How much money does Warzone make?
Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the most popular battle royale games out there, so how much money does...
Are Apex Legends servers down? Current server status
We've found a great way to check Apex Legends' server status for all regions so you can see whether or...
How to vote for 12th man in FIFA 22 TOTY
Following the reveal of the TOTY squad, Ultimate Team players will get a chance to vote for the TOTY 12th...