The Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event where Rampart is hosting a town takeover and will receive her own Heirloom is finally here. Here’s everything that’s arrived and the full update and patch notes.
Apex Legends Season 10 has been a roaring success for EA and Respawn Entertainment, with an impressive content drop and many new eyes arriving after top streamers such as Nick ‘NICKMERCS’ Kolcheff have switched over for the foreseeable future.
Apex Legends is now about to get even more entertaining as the Evolution Collection Event had dropped, bringing a Rampart town takeover and her Heirloom to the game.
Here’s everything you need to know about Season 10’s Collection Event.
Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event release date & time
The Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event is now live. So hop into Respawn’s hit shooter and get stuck into the content and dates.
And there is no end date for the event just yet, but we’re likely to know once it goes live.
Apex Legends Rampart Town Takeover
Collection Events and town takeovers have been a staple part of new seasons in Apex Legends since Octane’s Gauntlet was introduced on Kings Canyon back in Season 2.
Although Season 9 did introduce changes to Olympus at the midway point of the season and a collection event with Revenant’s Heirloom, we did not receive a town takeover.
However, the new town takeover hosted by Rampart is here. For this takeover, “Big Maude,” a huge landcrawler which Rampart will use as her workshop, has arrived near World’s Edge’s Lava City.
Devs revealed that the inside features a paintball course and players can purchase Custom Modded Paintball Weapons from the new Vend-it Machines. They explained that “this should give players a reason to rotate here mid-game if their weapons just aren’t as upgraded as they’d like.”
Rampart Arenas Takover
Rampart has also taken over Arenas, allowing players to purchase “modded weapons at special discounts.” These deals update frequently, and when they’re there they will replace the base version, “making lower tiers of that weapon unavailable.”
Rampart’s Problem Solver Heirloom
As with every new season, not only are players treated with new updates to Legends, weapons, and items with the Battle Pass, but players can also expect a new Heirloom to enter the game.
As part of the Evolution Collection Event, Rampart has finally got her own Heirloom with the Problem Solver. This pipe wrench will be able to batter the competition and even dispense bubble gum for Rampart to chew on.
For those interested in getting the Problem Solver or any of the other prestigious Heirlooms, check out our article on how to track your Heirloom progress, as players receive enough Heirloom Shards to purchase one on their 500th pack.
Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event cosmetics
The collection event also brings various new event-limited cosmetics that give Wraith, Octane, Pathfinder, Fuse, Bangalore, Rampart, and Lifeline a futuristic makeover.
Apex Legends 1.80 update & patch notes
- Sheila has gone mobile!
- Rampart will now be able to run around with Sheila out, and shoot while walking. The spin up is longer, and she only gets 1 magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put it away and pull it back out until you run out of ammo (or hit the cooldown time).
- At any point, you can still place Sheila down for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite reloads and acts just like the previous version. You cannot pick it back up.
Dev Note: A legend based solely on a defensive position is hard to get right in Apex Legends. We think Rampart has a place as the ultimate defensive Legend, but we wanted to give her a little more ability to be reactive and push with her team. As usual, we’ll be watching to see how this plays out and will adjust accordingly!
- VFX (similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10% – 15%.
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quickchat how long ago the event took place
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hipfire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Dev Notes: The Hemlok’s hipfire effectiveness was reduced a few seasons ago and since then the weapon has seen a steady decline in use. Bringing back some of that hipfire strength (but not all) should help the weapon feel more consistent in close quarters without being dominant or affecting its medium-range excellence.
Shatter Caps – Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Medium draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
Shatter Caps – 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
Dev Notes: When Shatter Caps work they feel amazing, but currently it can still feel a little punishing to swap into the mode. Increasing the damage potential and improving the CQC flow of the 30-30 should help Shatters feel a little more accessible and rewarding.
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base and all Energy Magazine tiers
- Base: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
- Base: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
Dev Notes: We’re nudging down the L-STAR’s core stats a bit to smooth out the power progression in what we think is a slightly more healthy top-end. We’ll keep a close eye on the L-STAR and it’s recoil as we enter the second half of Emergence. In Arenas, we’re well aware of it’s prevalence in high-level lobbies and are pricing it out of the first round. These changes essentially increase the blue cost by 50 and keep the purple price the same. If its pick rate remains unchanged, we will hotfix further adjustments.
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
Dev Notes: The EVA-8 holds a lot of power in its speed and leniency compared to its counterparts, the PK and Mastiff. It’s got the edge with fire rate and consistency so we’re shaving off some of its spike damage to even the playing field. We’re normalizing the Mozambique as well for consistency within the shotgun class and to give the P2020 some space as the more precise early game weapon.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
Quality of Life Updates
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15.
- Your timer should be reset after being respawned.
- Swapping from Red to a Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo Shields in deathboxes now show their health.
- Early Leaver Warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead.
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different colored than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Added character portraits to “detected” widget for recon characters.
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode wouldn’t anonymize the names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed issue for when players would randomly get un-readied while matchmaking in Ranked.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when viewed in the Stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see Ranked icons when switching over to Arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fix for cases where the player would still see the Abandon Penalty countdown when getting other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that would show up on the upper right corner of the screen that served no purpose.
- Fix for when the Playlist Selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer encounter a string issue in the Timeline when they have a “;” in their username.
- Fixed cases where the name of killed players was not always showing up when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that can cause the Observer to get stuck on the Intro Screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer glitch into Skyhook when using her tactical.
- Fix cases for when Loba’s ultimate visualfx do not appear while aiming down sites.
- Fixed bug that could get players stuck under the map after dismounting from Ramparts Turret on a Trident.
- Fix for the times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line that mentions a removed hop-up.
- Switch Only – Fix for cases where players couldn’t complete training due to her Ultimate malfunctioning,
- Fix for cases where it appeared that Gibraltar’s Ultimate caused dropped audio.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie’s passive/tactical as well as use the Vtol jets infinitely.
- Fix for when players would still see “Amped” or “Revved up” from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fix for reactive skins, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
- Various fixes on World’s Edge cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hiding spots, and areas where players could get stuck.
- Fix for the mysterious fire show that could appear in Firing Range and cause a crash.
- Fix for cases where players were able to reach farther than intended when punching an enemy player.
- Private Match Fix – Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fix for Audio fluttering that could happen when killing someone during self-revive.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
- (PC only) You’ll no longer be able to bind forward movement to the Mouse wheel on PC. This previously enabled an exaggerated movement tech known as “Tap Strafing.
Also, make sure you’re following our updates and news regarding Apex Legends Season 11.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Season 11 Storm Point map will feature loads of wildlife
Apex Legends Season 11 will bring a brand new map, Storm Point, which will feature an abundance of wildlife for players to interact with.
The new Apex Legends Season 11 Storm Point map will supposedly contain an abundance of wildlife that players will be able to interact with.
Apex Legends Season 11 isn’t far off for players now, as Respawn has officially revealed the new season through two recent trailers.
The trailer featured a variety of wildlife, from things we’ve seen in the past like Flyers and Prowlers, to new animals we’ve never encountered.
This isn’t the first time a map will feature wildlife, as we’ve seen Prowlers on World’s Edge and Flyers on Kings Canyon.
Having said that, some of the leaks reported by Thordan Smash surrounding the wildlife on Storm Point suggest that the new Season 11 map will have way more variety of these animals, as well as perhaps deeper interaction with them.
Prowlers aren’t new to Apex Legends, however, Storm Point may feature a more tropical version of the creature.
In the video, Thordan states that Prowlers will have their designated area, and will not be free to roam the map. This will most likely be similar to Trials on World’s Edge, where players fight off Prowlers for rewards.
Although it was quite unexpected, the new launch trailer also showed off some new wildlife we haven’t seen before, spiders. For those with arachnophobia, you may not like this, but there will also be a portion of the map in Storm Point where spiders will spawn.
The spiders will not be roaming the map freely and will be restricted to a certain location. There will also be a maximum of twelve spiders allowed in this area so don’t worry about being overrun.
Code has also revealed that players may see spider eggs, which will burst with some of the critters jumping out and chasing players down.
Storm Point will also host a Goliath, a massive animal that is almost like an alien Ape, twice the width of Gibraltar.
Once again, this Goliath will have its own “pit” which the creature will be restricted to. Players will most likely have to fight this beast to gain rewards, and it may not be that easy considering the animal’s size.
Finally, we have the Flyers, which are also not new to Apex Legends. Players have seen Flyers cruising around the skies of Kings Canyon often holding Deathboxes with loot. Players can shoot the Flyers for them to release the Deathboxes.
Perhaps they will be similarly returning to Storm Point, or maybe players will be able to interact with them differently. There will be a maximum of 54 Flyers on the map at one time, which is a hell of a lot!
One thing Thordan is certain about is that players will be rewarded for their interactions with the wildlife, especially when it comes to the Goliath. Players will likely be rewarded with high-tier loot when taking on these creatures, so regardless of your fears it will be worth it!
There you have it, the new Apex Legends Season 11 map, Storm Point, just may have more in store for players than we expected.
Of course, these are all leaks so take this information lightly, but we do expect to see all these types of wildlife in some compacity.
If you’re interested in more about Apex Legends Season 11, make sure you check out our piece on new Legend Ash and her abilities.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Ash abilities revealed by Season 11 leak
Players are more excited than ever for Apex Legends Season 11 and the latest leaks have revealed the abilities for the new Legend Ash.
Season 11 has officially been revealed for Apex Legends, and although information concerning the new Legend has been sparse, new leaks have revealed Ash’s abilities.
A lot was revealed in the Stories from the Outlands trailer regarding the lore and character of Ash, however, not a lot has been revealed regarding her abilities.
This latest leak has given players a glimpse into what her kit can do, and it’s pretty interesting the range the Apex Legends Ash abilities look like they will cover.
The latest Apex Legends launch trailer for Season 11 wasn’t gameplay of the new season, but rather an action-driven cinematic showing off what players can expect.
This trailer did show some of what Ash can do, but the new leaks revealing the descriptions and names of her kit have provided further details on the abilities.
Apex Legends YouTuber Thordan Smash revealed the Apex Legends Ash abilities in a recent video, showing off the Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate for the Season 11 Legend.
Apex Legends Ash abilities
The Apex Legends Ash abilities are as follows:
- Passive: Marked for Death
- Ash’s map reveals all deathbox locations. Click on a deathbox to mark surviving attackers.
- Tactical: Arc Snare
- Releases a slow-moving snare of charged electricity that tethers people and does damage to those who get close.
- Ultimate: Phase Breach
- Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location
Her Passive sounds very useful, as being able to mark the remaining enemies of a team will allow teams to get fights off much faster without being third-partied while trying to find the rest of the team.
The Tactical sounds like something players can throw at enemies behind cover, doing slight damage to them to either down an enemy with very low health, or just as an annoyance.
Lastly, the Ultimate could just put Wraith out of business, as it’s similar to her portal but much fast and more direct. Further, we’ll know more about it when the season officially launches, but if you can do this through walls, this will be very powerful for relocating and rotating with your team.
That’s all for the Apex Legends Ash abilities in Season 11. Remember, these are leaks about the Apex Legends Ash abilities so take them with a pinch of salt, but if they’re true, Ash is definitely a Legend to look out for.
If you’re interested in more on Apex Legends Season 11, be sure to check out the new gameplay leaks for Storm Point.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
New Apex Legends Season 11 map Storm Point gameplay
Even more leaks surrounding Apex Legends Season 11 has been revealed, and this time it’s gameplay of the new Storm Point map.
Apex Legends Season 11 will bring a brand new map to the game called Storm Point, and leakers have already started to reveal gameplay of the map from a past playtest.
Leaks revealed that there would be a new map in the past, and now we know it is official, players have been wanting to get a glimpse of it. Unfortunately for the devs, some playtesters have decided to leak footage to the public, showing off the new Storm Point map.
The leaks come from an Apex YouTube channel that has revealed several things concerning Season 11. However, the latest video that shows a playtester’s gameplay from the new Storm Point map is by far the biggest leak concerning Apex Legends Season 11 so far.
For those who have been excited to see the new map, you won’t have to wait for the gameplay reveal on October 25, as, at the time of writing this article, the video is still available to view.
Apex Legends Season 11 map gameplay
Although the quality isn’t great and the video is heavily watermarked, you can still get a great idea of what Respawn has gone for with Storm Point. The map is very bright and sunny, with a strong tropical theme.
As well as palm trees and turquoise water, we also have buildings overgrown with foliage, and parachute pods similar to the one that landed on Olympus.
- Read more: Best PC settings for Apex Legends Season 10
The map is also huge and broken up by massive rocky mountains that seem to bring players into chokepoints when rotating, which could make for some pretty epic final circles.
There’s also a crazy-looking rotational tool built into the map that looks similar to something Doom players might be familiar with. The player walks in this huge gravity launcher that flings them over a large distance, much further than say an Octane Launch Pad would take you.
This may be an important rotation tool for teams, and it could be something players will be fighting for when the map officially drops.
- Read more: How to check the Apex Legends ALGS standings
Of course, we’ll know more about the map once it officially launches along with Season 11 of Apex Legends, but it’s pretty interesting to see some gameplay prior to its release.
For more, check out our recent piece on the Apex Legends 1.82 patch notes.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Warzone October 21 playlist update is now live after delay
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 is now live in the battle royale game after it...
Warzone October 22 update patch notes: Ghosts of Verdansk changes, Iron Trials duos back, more
Raven Software has officially released the Warzone October 22 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered...
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: Team 2, FUT upgrades & prices
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts is the latest promotion to hit Ultimate Team, and we've got all the details...