The Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event where Rampart is hosting a town takeover and will receive her own Heirloom is finally here. Here’s everything that’s arrived and the full update and patch notes.
Apex Legends Season 10 has been a roaring success for EA and Respawn Entertainment, with an impressive content drop and many new eyes arriving after top streamers such as Nick ‘NICKMERCS’ Kolcheff have switched over for the foreseeable future.
Apex Legends is now about to get even more entertaining as the Evolution Collection Event had dropped, bringing a Rampart town takeover and her Heirloom to the game.
Here’s everything you need to know about Season 10’s Collection Event.
Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event release date & time
The Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event is now live. So hop into Respawn’s hit shooter and get stuck into the content and dates.
And there is no end date for the event just yet, but we’re likely to know once it goes live.
Apex Legends Rampart Town Takeover
Collection Events and town takeovers have been a staple part of new seasons in Apex Legends since Octane’s Gauntlet was introduced on Kings Canyon back in Season 2.
Although Season 9 did introduce changes to Olympus at the midway point of the season and a collection event with Revenant’s Heirloom, we did not receive a town takeover.
However, the new town takeover hosted by Rampart is here. For this takeover, “Big Maude,” a huge landcrawler which Rampart will use as her workshop, has arrived near World’s Edge’s Lava City.
Devs revealed that the inside features a paintball course and players can purchase Custom Modded Paintball Weapons from the new Vend-it Machines. They explained that “this should give players a reason to rotate here mid-game if their weapons just aren’t as upgraded as they’d like.”
Rampart Arenas Takover
Rampart has also taken over Arenas, allowing players to purchase “modded weapons at special discounts.” These deals update frequently, and when they’re there they will replace the base version, “making lower tiers of that weapon unavailable.”
Rampart’s Problem Solver Heirloom
As with every new season, not only are players treated with new updates to Legends, weapons, and items with the Battle Pass, but players can also expect a new Heirloom to enter the game.
As part of the Evolution Collection Event, Rampart has finally got her own Heirloom with the Problem Solver. This pipe wrench will be able to batter the competition and even dispense bubble gum for Rampart to chew on.
For those interested in getting the Problem Solver or any of the other prestigious Heirlooms, check out our article on how to track your Heirloom progress, as players receive enough Heirloom Shards to purchase one on their 500th pack.
Apex Legends Evolution Collection Event cosmetics
The collection event also brings various new event-limited cosmetics that give Wraith, Octane, Pathfinder, Fuse, Bangalore, Rampart, and Lifeline a futuristic makeover.
Apex Legends 1.80 update & patch notes
- Sheila has gone mobile!
- Rampart will now be able to run around with Sheila out, and shoot while walking. The spin up is longer, and she only gets 1 magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put it away and pull it back out until you run out of ammo (or hit the cooldown time).
- At any point, you can still place Sheila down for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite reloads and acts just like the previous version. You cannot pick it back up.
Dev Note: A legend based solely on a defensive position is hard to get right in Apex Legends. We think Rampart has a place as the ultimate defensive Legend, but we wanted to give her a little more ability to be reactive and push with her team. As usual, we’ll be watching to see how this plays out and will adjust accordingly!
- VFX (similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10% – 15%.
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quickchat how long ago the event took place
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hipfire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Dev Notes: The Hemlok’s hipfire effectiveness was reduced a few seasons ago and since then the weapon has seen a steady decline in use. Bringing back some of that hipfire strength (but not all) should help the weapon feel more consistent in close quarters without being dominant or affecting its medium-range excellence.
Shatter Caps – Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Medium draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
Shatter Caps – 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
Dev Notes: When Shatter Caps work they feel amazing, but currently it can still feel a little punishing to swap into the mode. Increasing the damage potential and improving the CQC flow of the 30-30 should help Shatters feel a little more accessible and rewarding.
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base and all Energy Magazine tiers
- Base: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
- Base: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
Dev Notes: We’re nudging down the L-STAR’s core stats a bit to smooth out the power progression in what we think is a slightly more healthy top-end. We’ll keep a close eye on the L-STAR and it’s recoil as we enter the second half of Emergence. In Arenas, we’re well aware of it’s prevalence in high-level lobbies and are pricing it out of the first round. These changes essentially increase the blue cost by 50 and keep the purple price the same. If its pick rate remains unchanged, we will hotfix further adjustments.
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
Dev Notes: The EVA-8 holds a lot of power in its speed and leniency compared to its counterparts, the PK and Mastiff. It’s got the edge with fire rate and consistency so we’re shaving off some of its spike damage to even the playing field. We’re normalizing the Mozambique as well for consistency within the shotgun class and to give the P2020 some space as the more precise early game weapon.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
Quality of Life Updates
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15.
- Your timer should be reset after being respawned.
- Swapping from Red to a Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo Shields in deathboxes now show their health.
- Early Leaver Warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead.
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different colored than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Added character portraits to “detected” widget for recon characters.
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode wouldn’t anonymize the names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed issue for when players would randomly get un-readied while matchmaking in Ranked.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when viewed in the Stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see Ranked icons when switching over to Arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fix for cases where the player would still see the Abandon Penalty countdown when getting other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that would show up on the upper right corner of the screen that served no purpose.
- Fix for when the Playlist Selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer encounter a string issue in the Timeline when they have a “;” in their username.
- Fixed cases where the name of killed players was not always showing up when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that can cause the Observer to get stuck on the Intro Screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer glitch into Skyhook when using her tactical.
- Fix cases for when Loba’s ultimate visualfx do not appear while aiming down sites.
- Fixed bug that could get players stuck under the map after dismounting from Ramparts Turret on a Trident.
- Fix for the times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line that mentions a removed hop-up.
- Switch Only – Fix for cases where players couldn’t complete training due to her Ultimate malfunctioning,
- Fix for cases where it appeared that Gibraltar’s Ultimate caused dropped audio.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie’s passive/tactical as well as use the Vtol jets infinitely.
- Fix for when players would still see “Amped” or “Revved up” from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fix for reactive skins, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
- Various fixes on World’s Edge cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hiding spots, and areas where players could get stuck.
- Fix for the mysterious fire show that could appear in Firing Range and cause a crash.
- Fix for cases where players were able to reach farther than intended when punching an enemy player.
- Private Match Fix – Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fix for Audio fluttering that could happen when killing someone during self-revive.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
- (PC only) You’ll no longer be able to bind forward movement to the Mouse wheel on PC. This previously enabled an exaggerated movement tech known as “Tap Strafing.
Also, make sure you’re following our updates and news regarding Apex Legends Season 11.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends Mobile leak reveals exclusive new Legend “DJ”
New Apex Legends Mobile leaks are suggesting that a new exclusive Legend codenamed “DJ” is coming to the game soon.
Apex Legends Mobile leaks have revealed code in the game’s files that hint at the next exclusive Legend coming to the mobile game.
Prior to launch, the Apex Legends Mobile devs promised exclusive content, and they delivered with Fade, the first mobile-exclusive Legend. Now, leaks are suggesting that another Mobile exclusive Legend is on the way, with code in the files referring to this character as “DJ.”
New seasons are rolling out quickly for Apex Legends Mobile, as they only last one month. With that being said, leaks are already rolling in for the new content, including the next Legend to be added to the roster.
According to Apex Mobile Leaks, the next Legend is codenamed “DJ,” and will feature a “Hero Exclusive item” called the “Nebula Dog.”
The Nebula Dog could be one of the Legend’s abilities, as it looks like it could be released and set loose, running around and maybe blasting out distracting music.
This is just speculation, as currently, we don’t have much information regarding this leaked Legend, but the fact that the character is codenamed DJ and the leaked design of the Nebula Dog is similar to that of a speaker, we expect their kit and backstory to be based around music.
- Read more: Can you play Apex Legends Mobile on PC?
Further, it’s also unclear when this Legend will be arriving in the game, but it would make sense to see them in Season 3, which is only a couple of weeks away.
As more information is released about this new mobile-exclusive Legend we will be sure to cover it so stay tuned. For now, check out the size and requirements for the game.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends dev made secret map change in Season 13, bamboozling players
Apex Legends players have spotted a secret map change in Season 13 with a familiar landmark completely vanishing.
Apex Legends players are shocked to see that a familiar Olympus landmark has completely vanished in Season 13.
Apex Legends has four maps in rotation, with Respawn typically giving one an overhaul each season. While Storm Point was the target for Season 13, bringing the Downed Beast POI and more, Olympus received the Lifeline’s Clinic Town Takeover as part of the Awakening Collection Event.
But that doesn’t seem to the only change, as players have spotted that something is different about Olympus that wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes.
Reddit user ‘Cent7712′ spotted something different about Olympus’ Docks area, noticing an area where they “could have sworn there was a tower.” Apex players were quick to spot that there’s now just an empty platform where a crane used to be.
“They took my crane man,” mourned one player in the replies. “Can’t have sh*t on Olympus.” Another confused user asked: “Yo why would they get rid of that[?]”
While the in-game explanation is that the construction work has finally finished, user ‘GoTeamScotch’ has a theory on why Respawn decided to remove the crane. They explained that it used to be an out-of-bounds area and might have caused a lot of unnecessary confusion for players who thought they could get up to the top.
Others thought that it might have provided too much of an advantage. Even though there was an out-of-bounds timer, some felt that it gave an “unfair advantage to the people who had the mobility to get on top of the crane,” — especially in the final ring.
Respawn Entertainment haven’t explained why they decided to remove the crane, but it wouldn’t be the first change that went under the radar, with players spotting that one of Fragment’s buildings now has boarded-up windows.
Apex Legends Season 13 Ranked Split 2 has now gone live, so you can also check out what this means for Ranked play.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment / Jobye-Kyle Karmaker
Apex Legends dev confirms fix for Ranked stream-sniping issues coming soon
The Apex Legends devs have confirmed a fix for the exploit allowing Bronze players to stream-snipe in high-Ranked lobbies.
Respawn Entertainment have confirmed that they’re currently working on a fix for the exploit that allows bronze Apex Legends accounts to stream-snipe players in high-Ranked lobbies.
Apex Legends players have dealt with their fair share of cheaters using frustrating exploits, such as the recent one that allowed players on Xbox consoles to completely crash the game’s servers.
Another exploit that’s particularly irritating is one that lets newly-made bronze accounts to immediately get into high-ranked lobbies to stream-snipe players. Now, Respawn Entertainment have responded to this issue.
In Ranked play, Apex Legends players have to play extremely well if they want to climb the ladder and access high-Ranked lobbies. However, cheaters were able to bypass this by using an exploit that lets them sneak into theses lobbies and take out the top players.
Pro player ‘HisWattson’ complained about this issue on Twitter, stating that it’s irritating to report cheaters only to encounter them again in different games. This caught the attention of the developers.
Apex’s Security lead Conor Ford confirmed that the devs are aware of the problem: “I can say that the bronze issue is currently being worked on as well so hopefully you won’t be seeing that soon.”
He didn’t provide any details about when exactly this fix will be implemented in the game, but it’s reassuring to know that Respawn Entertainment are aware of the problem and are currently looking into it.
This exploit allows previously-banned players to pop up and start causing problems in high-ranked lobbies. Hopefully, the Apex Legends update patch containing the fix for the exploit will arrive soon.
For more Apex Legends content, check out this crazy Apex Legends glitch that adds third-person mode to Season 13 as well as this leak claiming that the devs are increasing the level cap.
Image credits: Activision
Apex Legends Mobile leak reveals exclusive new Legend “DJ”
New Apex Legends Mobile leaks are suggesting that a new exclusive Legend codenamed "DJ" is coming to the game soon.
How to get free Major Mancake Fortnite skin with Fall Guys Crown Clash challenges
Fortnite players can earn the free Major Mancake skin and its cosmetics by playing Fall Guys, and here's how.
Best HDR loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4
The HDR is the top Sniper Rifle of choice for many, and here's the best HDR loadout in Warzone Pacific...