Once again, a new season of Apex Legends is on the horizon, bringing not only a host of changes in the patch notes but also brand new content for players to indulge in, so let’s see what fans can expect in the Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes.
Apex Legends Emergence Season 10 update patch notes
Apex Legends Season 10 release date
Firstly, let’s start with Season 10’s release.
Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence will arrive on August 3 at 10 AM PST, just after the end of Season 9.
As many already know, Season 10 is entitled Emergence, perhaps hinting at the rise of a new Legend.
Apex Legends Season 10: New Legend Seer
With the new Season 10 gameplay trailer and sneak peek on his abilities at EA Play Live 2021, where other iconic games like Battlefield also presented new content, players finally have an understanding of how the Legend will operate.
Thanks to the official patch notes dropping, we finally have concrete details on Legend changes, weapon balancing, and Seers abilities, including the names of the abilities and more on what they do.
- Passive – Heart Seeker
Visualize and hear the heartbeats of nearby enemies when aiming down sights to get a clue to their location. Seer is able to “ADS” even while not holding a weapon.
- Tactical – Focus of Attention
Summon microdrones to emit a focused, delayed blast that goes through walls, revealing enemies (and their health bars!), plus interrupting their actions.
- Ultimate – Exhibit
Create a sphere of microdrones that reveal the footsteps of enemies moving quickly or firing their weapons within.
- Class Passive: Recon
Scanning survey beacons reveals the next circle’s location.
Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes Legends changes
Emergence introduces a number of buffs and nerfs to existing legends. Here are all the Legend meta changes coming in Season 10:
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.
- There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse’s Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse’s team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
New Rampage LMG
Further, much like how players were given the Bocek Bow last season, Season 10 will introduce another new weapon called the Rampage LMG.
The Rampage LMG looks very interested and seems to charge up with Thermite Grenades, much like the Sentinal with Shield Cells.
Once charged up, this slow, heavy-hitting machine will have an increased fire rate and be able to break through doors much like Rampart’s Ultimate, Shiela, preventing enemies from camping behind doors.
Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes weapon changes
Supply drop rotation
This season the Prowler returns to floor loot and taking its place is the M600 Spitfire. In addition to the Spitfire this season another weapon will be joining the supply drop: the Alternator SMG. See how each weapon changes down below.
- Boosted Loader – Reloading near empty (but not at 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable to the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman.
- To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for now.
Fully kitted rotation
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel
- Reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity tier.
Magazines are the most potent source of lootable power for most weapons and that largely comes in the form of ammo capacity. In addition to capacity, they were also offering increased reload speed. We’ve moved the reload speed buff to stocks to help increase the value of stocks and spread out our meaningful modifiers across our attachments.
- All stocks now offer increased reload speed (instead of magazines)
- Marksman Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will offer increased stability and sway reduction with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from tactical stocks)
Sniper stocks are an often lonely attachment left sitting on the floor waiting for a crackshot legend to come along and give them some love. Instead of reducing the spawn rates to try and clean up the loot pool we’re putting them on Marksman Rifles to make them more desirable.
- Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons because of its unique interaction with ammo. Instead they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool-off its heat build up slightly faster.
- Now take Barrels for recoil reduction
- Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half
- First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced
- Hipfire spread increased
The L-STAR has undergone a few changes in Emergence. We’ve attempted to improve the looting experience and extend the L-STAR’s power into the later phases of the game. In addition to these attachment additions the L-STAR is also seeing some VFX changes for combat readability.
Light Machine Guns
- Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75
- Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85
LMG spray-and-pray was feeling a little too oppressive when random headshots chunked with a 2.0 damage modifier. We’re shaving off some of that headshot firepower but adding a little back in by bringing up their limb damage. Unloading massive LMG mags to suppress your enemies should still be a valid tactic, we’re just reigning in the peaks and valleys to make it feel a bit more consistent.
- Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10%
- Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time
With the removal of the Quickdraw Holster and reload speed moving from mags to stocks Pistols took a bit of a hit. We’re increasing their base handling but will keep an eye on their performance as we get into Emergence.
Proler Burst PDW
- Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24
- Damage increased from 18 to 19
- Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values
- Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55
We’ve all woken up with a cold sweat in the middle of the night from a nightmare where Rampart with two gold mag spittys chases you on the World’s Edge train tracks laughing maniacally as she shoots for eternity, right? … right? Well for those of us that have, we’ll be able to sleep soundly for a while. The Spitfire takes its rightful place as a Supply Drop weapon this season. We’ve hit it a few times in recent patches and we still want it to be a desirable Supply Drop weapon so we’re walking back those nerfs while making it much harder to access.
- Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator
- Disruptor Rounds – Increase shield damage by 40%
- Disruptor Rounds can ONLYbe found on Alternators from the Supply Drop
The Alternator joins the Spitfire in the Supply Drop with its old friend the Disruptor Rounds. The shield damage has come down since we last saw Disruptors in Season 2, but it’s still a shield shredding monster. Pack an extra bat.
- Reload speed from stocks is increased.
The 30-30 can slap, but when it’s not slapping it’s probably reloading. We’re buffing the 30-30’s bonus to reload speed from stocks to help alleviate one of the sharper pain points when running this heavy rifle.
- Significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier
- Base fire-rate remains unchanged
The EVA-8’s speed makes it a forgiving and formidable shotgun to run. It’s pulled ahead of the pack and has been seen as the clear choice for many leaving the Peacekeeper, Mastiff, and Mozambique in the dust. This change should help even the playing field between the shotguns.
Arenas weapon updates
Lvl 1: 200
Lvl 2: 300
Lvl 3: 400
Lvl 1: 200
Lvl 2: 300
Lvl 3: 350
Arenas price adjustments
- Lvl 1: 100 -> 150
- Lvl 2: 200 -> 250
- Lvl 3: 300 -> 350
- Lvl 1: 200 -> 150
- Base: 600 -> 500
- Base: 700 -> 600
- Lvl 1: 250 -> 200
- Lvl 2: 300 -> 200
- Lvl 3: 400 -> 450
- Base: 300 -> 350
- Base: 400 -> 350
- Base: 500 -> 350
- Knuckle Cluster: 75 -> 100
Arenas ability adjustments
- Horizon’s Gravity Lift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage’s Psyche Out starting charges reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound’s free scans while in Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where Bloodhound’s tactical failed to highlight the enemy for the Bloodhound player while they used an emote.
- Enemy Legends now remain visible when performing Bloodhound’s “Tracking” Standing Emote at a higher elevation.
- Trident and Dropship audio should no longer be significantly dampened when Bloodhound is using their Ultimate.
- Corrected an audio issue with Gibraltars Dome Shield failing to make sound.
- The “Gentle Giant” skin will no longer obstruct the player’s view when aiming down sight with the 1x Holo Sight attached.
- Fixed some instances where the Dome Shield would disappear on placement and not get refunded to the player.
- Fixed cases where Lifeline’s VO still says “I’ve got you. Shields up” even when she no longer has a shield.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using Lifeline’s Care Package in Training Mode.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple no longer stays connected when he’s killed while under Revenant’s Death Protection.
- Updated Pathfinder “Copper Core” legs so they now match in first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s Grapple cooldown audio cue replayed rapidly after deploying tactical in gameplay.
- Wraith should no longer be crushed by closing doors while her tactical is active.
- Wraith can no longer use her ultimate while attached to Valkyrie’s ultimate.
- Fixed a rare bug which allowed downed players to jump/bunny-hop after entering a Wraith Portal that was placed by a crouching Wraith.
- Fixed an issue causing Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher to disappear when moving away from other players with certain Legendary skins equipped.
- Solved a bug preventing Caustic barrels from making planting audio when they land in water.
- Caustic barrels tossed just before death should no longer disappear.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Caustic Heirloom pose has a model that disappears after the pose finishes playing during the previewer.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Caustic Barrels to be pushed into players, crushing them.
- Fuse’s Ultimate “Motherlode” is no longer destroyed if it interacts with Caustic gas.
- Wattson’s ult will no longer shoot down friendly Caustic barrels and ults.
- Players should no longer get a server error when attempting to purchase Caustic’s heirloom using Heirloom Shards from the “Heirloom” tab.
- Addressed an issue where Mirage’s invisible revive wouldn’t fully cloak teammates when certain skins were being worn.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to wedge an Octane jump pad between a supply bin to make the Trident faster.
- Fixed a visual bug where Octane’s goggles moved independently after using his tactical.
- Removed the beam of light that shoots into the sky every time Wattson places down her fence.
- Fixed the choppy preview video for Crypto’s “Drone Scan” in the “Finishers” tab.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Crypto’s Drone could be deployed and recalled infinite times when the user had only one charge available.
- Switch Only: Fixed a visual bug where Crypto’s position indicator while in his drone flickered near the top and left edge of the screen.
- Switch Only: The UI for Crypto’s tactical charges should no longer overlap with the recharging UI when his drone is destroyed in Arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Drone from being able to detect enemies using Trident.
- Fixed a visual bug when the Heirloom appears to be floating in third-person when looking up and down inside the Gravity Lift.
- Placing a Death Totem too close to the edge of the map should no longer teleport players off the map when returning to the totem.
- Emote fix: Added the missing Silence Orb to Revenant’s “Suffering Silence” emote.
- Fixed some exploitable hiding spots reachable in Rift using Revenant.
- Fixed some cases when Revenant didn’t have horizontal movement animations when holding the heirloom.
- Lots of fixes across all maps to address issues with exploits, hiding spots, and inconsistencies with using Loba’s tactical.
- UI Fix: The ammo Count in Loba’s Black Market should now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart’s turret to be placed on Geyser.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to run faster after stowing a fully charged, chargeable weapon—this bug also caused the charged indicator in the UI to go away.
- Fixed an issue where Rampart’s wall would get stuck in an animation loop when hit by Caustic gas.
- Addressed some cases where Blackhole/NEWT wouldn’t appear when using Horizon’s Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s weapon appears horizontally on the back while using a survey beacon.
- Fixed some cases causing Horizon Ultimate ability to be cancelled out when placed near a supply bin if the bin was opened during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trident’s momentum and friction constraints to be modified by interacting with Horizon’s abilities.
- Addressed some cases where Horizon’s Ultimate ability active state persists after being destroyed.
- Addressed some cases where players could lose some functionalities after dropping with Fuse.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused part of Fuse’s body to pop up on the screen when toggling throw power after swapping grenades.
- Made a small change to address feedback that Valkyrie’s UI feels noisy when she first drops from the dropship.
- Fixed an edge case causing passengers on Valkyrie’s ult with bad ping to be reverted back to the ground in an unusual position.
- The Ultimate/Skydive Special UI and targeting will now update with colourblind settings
- Teammates should no longer be able to float around while being tethered to Valkyrie’s Ult by breaking the explosive hold.
- Fixed an issue where Valkyrie could be pushed into unintended areas by the Trident when using her ultimate ability.
- Addressed some cases where Missile Swarm wouldn’t cause damage when hitting a floating enemy Valkyrie in her lower half.
- Fixed some cases of the camera clipping through geo and environment while preparing to launch Valkyrie’s Ultimate.
- Fix for cases where Missile Swarm fails to track the moving train.
- The Kraber target should no longer appear on screen when ADS after using Valkyrie’s passive.
- Fixed an issue where players could still activate Valkyrie’s Tactical and Ultimate while under structures without the vertical clearance requirement.
- Fixed some cases where teammates could clip through walls and appear on the same side of Valkyrie while tethered to her Ultimate.
- Fixed an exploitable spot on Canyonlands where Valkyrie could reach an inaccessible area using her passive.
Apex Legends Season 10 Emergence: Battle Pass
Like every season, players will also be getting a new battle pass with lots of new cosmetics and rewards to earn.
From the latest gameplay trailer, we were able to see some of these in action, including a new Valkyrie skin, Horizon skin, and what we suspect will be the Tier 100 Legendary Volt skin.
New Arenas maps and ranked mode
Season 10 will also introduce a host of new Arenas maps, which were shown in the new trailer.
The new maps that will be arriving are:
- Kings Canyon – Hillside
- World’s Edge – Dome
- Olympus – Oasis
Further, the new season will also bring Ranked Arenas, which players have been asking for since Arenas was released in Season 9.
The Ranked format will be different from Ranked Leagues and more attuned to how Arenas works.
World’s Edge map changes
Apex Legends Season 10 Emergence will also see various changes coming to World’s Edge, implementing various new POIs, leaving some of the ones players are familiar with completely unrecognizable.
Just to name a few of the POIs that will be changing:
- Refinery is now Climatizer
- Sorting Factory has turned into Lava Siphon
- Train Yard has been destroyed by a land slide
Quality of life updates
- Added a new badge: Win Streak. Can you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 wins in a row?
- Added a “Hold On” response to enemy pings.
- Added distinct sound effects to the Gold Backpack’s revive. VFX were added in the Chaos Theory update. This gives additional feedback when players are close to but not in line-of-sight of revives.
- Updated the Heirloom store to give players a better view of all the items related to that item.
- Updated Open Pack Button to show how many packs of each type are available to open. Highlighting the button shows a complete breakdown.
That’s all for the Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes. As more information is released regarding Legend changes and weapon balancing for Emergence, we will update this piece, so be sure to check back here for new information about the Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes.
While waiting for the official patch notes to be released, why not check out our recent article on the leaked Monster Energy collab for Apex Legends.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Dr Disrespect explains why Apex Legends isn’t close to dying out
Top streamer Dr Disrespect had high praise for Apex Legends and its devs, explaining why it won’t “die out” any time soon.
Apex Legends has been going strong since its launch in 2019 and even hit its highest Steam player count yet with Season 14. Top streamer Dr Disrespect weighed in on its longevity, believing that it won’t “die out” any time soon.
Apex Legends hit its 14th season in August 2022, bringing a brand-new Legend, increasing the level cap, and overhauling the original Kings Canyon map. With the game reaching its highest Steam player count yet and Season 15 arriving later this year, Apex is showing no signs of slowing down.
Alongside developing his own game, top streamer Guy ‘Dr Disrespect’ Beahm keeps coming back to Apex Legends, and has explained why he doesn’t believe it’ll die out.
Doc returned to Apex to try out Vantage and all of the other Season 14 changes, and a member of the Champions Club donated and asked Doc if Apex Legends “will die out soon,” and he immediately responded: “absolutely not.”
“They’re tapped in and they have a great developer group working on the game,” he explained. “The game’s constantly evolving and it’s literally, probably the most competitive battle royale out there — I mean it has to be. Not even close.”
Both Warzone and Fortnite have competitive scenes, with the World Series of Warzone 2022 kicking off on August 15. But the grind for Apex Predator is always a big event for competitive players and Apex streamers alike whenever there’s a new split.
Dr Disrespect then considered whether Apex Legends is “fun to watch,” and he concluded that viewers who don’t play typically won’t watch it, but those who are invested in the game will always be tuning in.
Image Credit: MLG
Apex Legends players frustrated that Mirage’s abilities are “useless” against Vantage
Mirage players are frustrated that Vantage’s abilities make the Legend “useless” in Apex Legends Season 14.
Apex Legends Season 14 introduced the new Legend Vantage, and players feel that she’s making Mirage’s abilities feel completely “useless” in combat.
He is able to deploy decoys that will distract your enemies, giving you time to reposition yourself. However, the new Season 14 Legend Vantage has the perfect counter for that, and Mirage mains are extremely frustrated about this new development.
Reddit user ‘PRIYANSHUC15’ shared a clip in the Apex Legends subreddit, and it showed them using Vantage’s Spotter’s Lens and Sniper’s Mark abilities to spot the real Mirage among the decoys.
This irritated the Redditor, who then claimed that Mirage’s abilities are “useless” after Vantage’s arrival. Other players in the thread agreed with this sentiment and expressed their frustration.
Many of the comments explain that it’s pointless to leave out decoys if enemy players have the ability to instantly find the real one. As a result, Vantage’s arrival may make things unbalanced.
One user stated: “As a Mirage main we’re very used to getting shafted to high hell every season so this is nothing new.”
A few players suggested that Vantage being able to spot the real Mirage might be the result of a bizarre glitch. One of the players claimed that they dropped into the game earlier and their passive only scanned the Mirage decoys.
However, another player replied: “It tells you it’s a decoy though so it scans the target and shows it’s a fake”. They then added that it was probably an intentional feature meant to nerf Mirage in the new season.
At the time of writing, it remains to be seen if Respawn Entertainment will respond to these complaints by either buffing Mirage’s ability set or nerfing Vantage. We’ll be sure to let you know if there are any new changes implemented.
For more Apex Legends content, check out this Firing Range change players want after the Season 14 update and why players feel that Mad Maggie is “too good not to use” after her Season 14 buffs.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends players call for devs to make Firing Range change after Season 14 update
Apex Legends players are calling for the devs to fix the Firing Range after the Season 14 update changed the way players die.
Apex Legends players have noticed a difference in the Firing Range after the Season 14 update, and now they are calling for the devs to make a change.
Apex Legends players are still getting used to the changes in Season 14, as there have been both drastic updates to existing content and new introductions such as Vantage and the Laser Sight attachment.
However, like any new update, Season 14 has brought some pretty crazy glitches, and players have also found an unwanted change in the Firing Range that they’re now calling for the devs to revert.
Prior to the Self-Revive’s removal, players would 1v1 with a Gold Knockdown Shield so that if they went down, they could easily get back up or switch characters to gain health and retain their loadout.
This prevented the effort of having to respawn and collect your loadout again, allowing players to 1v1 efficiently. Unfortunately, as Skeptation has highlighted, the removal of Self-Revive means this is no longer possible.
Now, Skeptation and others who agree in the comments are calling for the devs to “change this so players get downed not full killed with friendly fire on.”
While it’s not a major issue, it is clearly something the fans want and may have actually been something that the devs didn’t consider when they took the Self-Revive out of the game.
We’ll have to wait and see what happens, but for now, check out how Apex Legends has reached new heights in Season 14.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Dr Disrespect explains why Apex Legends isn’t close to dying out
Top streamer Dr Disrespect had high praise for Apex Legends and its devs, explaining why it won't "die out" any...
FIFA 23’s new FUT Moments rewards have Ultimate Team players delighted
In FIFA 23 Ultimate Team, players can earn more rewards than ever thanks to the new FUT Moments mode, leaving...
Apex Legends players frustrated that Mirage’s abilities are “useless” against Vantage
Mirage players are frustrated that Vantage's abilities make the Legend "useless" in Apex Legends Season 14.