Apex Legends Season 11 is set to be one of the biggest ever for the FPS, introducing loads of new content. Here are the patch notes for the upcoming season, including Storm Point, Ash, and the Legend changes.
Although we have had a lot of information on the new Legend, Ash, as well as the Storm Point map, the developers have officially released the Season 11 patch notes, so let’s take a look at all the changes coming.
When is Apex Legends Season 11 dropping?
Apex Legends Season 11 will launch on November 2, around 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UK / 6pm CEST.
PlayStation users can actually pre-download the update right now so that it’s ready to install once the season is released.
Apex Legends Season 11 patch notes
New map – Storm Point
This beautiful oasis was once an energy colony for the IMC, and the ruins remain. Many have tried to make a home here: all have failed. A survey of the area revealed the remains of three unique settlements built across the centuries, but no survivors. The colony lay abandoned, only visited by the occasional pirate or castaway. Now the Mercenary Syndicate has plans of their own for Storm Point.
It looks so enticing, but the pristine beaches and crystal waters are just the eyes of the hurricane. All around, dangers swirl: wild prowlers, venomous spiders, and the gathering storms only add to the tension in the air. Now the Legends are here to make this place their own.
Here are all the details you need to know about Storm Point:
- Largest map in Apex Legends, 15% bigger than World’s Edge. There are 17 POIs, with lots of smaller ‘camps’ as well
- It took 2 years to make this map, and they have designed it to minimize third parties. Made by Rodney Reece, the same designer as World’s Edge.
- There is lots of water, but no swimming (water is only hip-high)
- Only one redeploy balloon on the map at a POI called “Highpoint” – instead there are Gravity Cannons, which fires player from one end to the other. You can use weapons, gear and abilities while using cannon.
If you’re interested in checking out all the POIs, check out our piece on all the named locations on Storm Point.
- Prowlers live on the map, and will defend their nests if attacked. Attacking them will earn a small amount of damage towards your evo shield, and killing them will reward loot,
- Spiders live in nests and will ignore you unless you shoot their nest. Attacking them will earn a small amount of damage towards your evo shield. Will also drop loot when killed (we got a gold attachment 3/3 times when killing spiders in playtest, and ammo for the weapon you are using)
Season 11 Map rotation
For the Escape update, the map rotation will be back down to 2 maps; Storm Point and World’s Edge. With Storm Point being a whole new map, we want to make sure players have plenty of time to master the new arena.
With the introduction of Encore, the Arenas map rotation will now include only the custom-made Arenas maps. We will not be using BR locations for Arenas in the Escape update.
When you’re in a precarious place, you need a dangerous, flexible weapon: meet the C.A.R. SMG. The Combat Advanced Round submachine gun is a fully automatic weapon that takes adaptability to the next level by accepting either Light or Heavy mags.
The C.A.R. hits hard but handles light, this hybrid weapon’s the best of both words for when you’re ready to take a stand and become the most dangerous thing on the island.
Here are the damage numbers for the C.A.R:
- Head: 20
- Body: 13
- Legs: 10
The C.A.R has a faster fire rate than the Volt and great hipfire, but, it has more recoil than the energy SMG.
New Legend – Ash
- Passive: Marked for Death – Ash’s map shows the location of recent deathboxes. Press H on a deathbox to mark surviving attackers (once per box)
- Tactical: Arc Snare – Throw a spinning snare that damages and tethers the first enemy that gets too close.
- Ultimate: Phase Breach – Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location
Further details about Ash’s abilities:
- Tactical has one charge, cooldown is 24 seconds
- Ultimate cooldown is 120 seconds. Portal disappears after 15 seconds. Portal is one way, can be used by friendlies and enemies too
- Can use the data knife on a deathbox to find the remaining members of the squad
- In Arenas, Ash’s passive is modified
- If you try to leave tether of tactical you will be slowed
- Ult: Ash uses a sword to tear a one-way portal, allies and enemies can follow, not sneaky – the audio is pretty loud
Wattson is the only Legend getting significant changes in S11 – more changes are coming for other legends in the future.
- Improved the reliability and responsiveness of placing Wattson’s Tactical and Ultimate in-world objects.
- Wattson can place her Tactical and Ultimate objects on valid surfaces above Wattson’s eye level (to a reasonable extent).
- General hitbox size increase, to compensate for the removal of low profile in the Legacy update.
Tactical – Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage on crossing a Fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration on crossing a Fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowance to be hit again by a subsequent Fence effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Decreased recharge time by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the delay between Fences shutting off and reactivating after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at Unarmed-speed while readying/placing Fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is readied, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
Ultimate – Interception Pylon
- The Pylon output has been significantly reworked.
- Reduced the number of active Pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The Pylon now lasts forever (instead of timing out after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 Shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite Shields.
- Increased the Pylon shield recharge rate by 150%, and smoothed regen rate. (2/second -> 5/second, or more accurately: 1/0.5 seconds -> 1/0.2 seconds)
- When a Pylon is out of Shields, it no longer recharges players’ Shields, but can still zap incoming ordnance.
- Taking damage while regenerating Shields via the Pylon delays continued regeneration by 1 second.
- The UI on the ground and HUD elements now displays the amount of Shields that remain in the Pylon.
- Pinging a friendly Pylon will now display the percentage of Shields remaining in the Pylon.
- Pylon ordnance-zapping has been moderately reworked.
- Ordnance is now zapped when the Pylon detects that it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the Pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes within range.
- As a part of the changes, current issues where the Pylon doesn’t reliably zap ordnance (particularly concerning airstrike abilities, and ordnance that bounced off surfaces near the Pylon) should now be addressed.
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: Mastiff 30-30 Repeater, R-301, CAR, Longbow
- Removed: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Fire rate reduced from 2.1 to 2.0
- Slightly increased pellet size
- Choke up time reduced from 1.5s to 1.25s
- Choked up shots remain tight for slightly longer when exiting ADS
- Damage reduced from 60 to 55
- Reduced barrel effectiveness at all rarity tiers
- Significantly reduced projectile collision size
- Damage reduced from 18 to 17
- Damage increased from 34 to 36
- Double Tap added to Supply Drop G7 Scout
Supply Drop weapon rates
- Early game crate weapon rate increased from 25% to 50%
- Mid game crate weapon rate increased from 50% to 75%
- Late game crate weapon rate increased from 75% to 100%
Hot Zone Gold loot rates
- Increased amount of gold loot that spawns in hot zones
- Increased ammo from crafting
- Light Ammo 20 → 60
- Heavy Ammo 20 → 60
- Energy Ammo 20 → 60
- Shotgun Ammo 8 → 24
- Arrows 16 → 48
- Sniper 12 → 36
- Crafting Ammo price increased from 5 to 10 per weapon
- Evo Armor Points from crafting increased from 100 to 150
- Evo Armor Points cost increased from 45 to 50
- Replaced a sniper bundle with a shotgun bundle featuring the Dual Shell
Enemy NPC updates
- Prowler health across the game has gone up from 90 to 114 (Storm Point and World’s Edge)
- Prowlers on World’s Edge and Flyers on Kings Canyon now reward EVO points (25%) … all damage done to AI now rewards progress to your EVO armor
- Supply drop will now land outside the first ring, if possible, and land 10 seconds earlier.
- Purple weapons now spawn more in earlier rounds
- Round 1 – 3x blue -> 1x purple + 2x blue
- Round 2 – 1x purple + 2x blue -> 2x purple 1x blue
- Round 3 – 2x purple 1x blue -> 3x purple
- Supply drop no longer spawns blue Havoc or Devotion or gold RE-45
Weapon Price Updates
- Blue 125 → 150
- Purple 200 → 250
- Blue 75 → 50
- Purple 150 → 25
- Base 200 → 150
- White 150 → 100
- Blue 250 → 200
- Base 500 → 400
- Blue 300 → 350
- Purple 400 → 350
- Base 500 → 450
- Blue 250 → 300
- Purple 300 → 350
- Base 500 → 450
New Hop-Up – Dual Shell
This new Hop-Up “Dual Shell” allows players to load two rounds at a time for both the Mastiff shotgun and the 30-30 Repeater.
This will increase the efficiency at which players can reload these weapons, allowing them to get back into the fight quickly.
Season 11 Ranked updates
Hello, Legends! Let’s take a quick look at how Ranked in Emergence shaped up and review the changes coming in Escape. Ranked continues to attract a large portion of players (around 40% of all playtime!), but this doesn’t mean we can’t look to make improvements.
Note: We fixed an issue where expired skydrive trails remained accessible for longer than they should have.
Ranked Battle Royale
- Kill RP values now take differences between killer/victim Ranked tiers into account.
- The kill RP cap (as we have traditionally thought about it up to this point) is effectively being raised from six to seven. However, this kill-related RP cap can be reached in different ways, depending on tier differences and placement. Placement is still paramount, and you still must place first to have a chance at max total RP.
To expand on the first point, tier differences between the killer and victim will be taken into account when calculating baseline kill point value. For example, if a Plat player kills a Diamond player, that kill counts as 12 instead of 10 RP.
|Tier Difference||Kill Points|
Some points of clarification;
- Victims do not lose more or less points when killed (in terms of entry cost). Only the killer receives the modifier.
- Apex Predator and Master are treated as the same tier.
- An encounter rate with someone of a 3+ tier difference is ultra-rare (less than 0.1%). Ranked matchmaking is staying the same, so in general, you’ll come across identical tiers. In cases where you squad up with a different rank friend or merge into a different tier lobby, your KP will be adjusted appropriately.
|Final Placement||Per Kill Bonus|
The maximum kill point RP is 175. Any kill-related RP that exceeds that after placement and tier modifiers are added doesn’t affect total RP. The final step is to add a flat placement bonus. Enough with the math, let’s explain these changes with an example:
As a Platinum player, you party up with your Diamond friend and matchmake into a lobby with similarly skilled players. You snag second place, with 6 kills (and/or assists) against Diamond players, and 3 on Plat players.
- Read more: Best PC settings for Apex Legends Season 10
Each kill on those Diamond players is worth 12 points instead of the typical 10, because they are one rank tier higher than you. That leaves us with (12 × 6) + (10 × 3) = 102 RP.
We’re curious to see how these changes affect the ranked grind. Jump into Storm Point this first split and let us know how they feel. Stay tuned; this is only the start of what we have in store for Ranked improvements.
Season 11 Ranked Arenas changes
We learned a lot from the first season of Ranked arenas and are eager to bring you some improvements:
- Arenas Ranked now has 2 splits, similar to Ranked Battle Royale
- Along with each new season and split, there is a soft MMR reset and new placement matches. New seasons require the usual 10 placement matches while a new split only requires 5 placement matches.
- Improvements have been made to matchmaking for finding similarly skilled teammates.
- Reduced the AP amount gained or lost from MMR differences between teams.
Apex Legends Season 11 Battle Pass changes
Here’s what the official FAQ regarding Battle Passes and Special Events says:
- “Battle Pass – Can be obtained during the specific event period by Battle Pass owners who reach the required level. These items may return in a future event or promotion (This applies starting with Season 11 and onwards).
- Event Limited – May return in a future event or promotion. (i.e. Collection Events, Themed Events).”
Battle Passes, in general, are transforming into something slightly more consumer-friendly to reward players who shell out the cash on them.
There you have it, that’s all of the Apex Legends Season 11 patch notes, which is definitely bringing some exciting updates to the game. If you’re still interested in Season 11, we’ve compiled every buff and nerf in Season 11, check it out!
Image Credits & Source: Respawn Entertainment / EA
Apex Legends players want major changes to “worst” Battle Pass in gaming
Players have explained why Apex Legends has the “worst” Battle Pass in gaming and want Respawn to make some changes.
Apex Legends players are frustrated with the current state of the battle royale title’s Battle Pass, with some calling it the “worst” one in gaming and calling for major changes.
However, the Apex Legends community is not pleased with the game’s Battle Pass, as many players want Respawn Entertainment to bring some significant changes to its progression and rewards.
Reddit user ‘DudeWithName’ expressed their frustration with the Battle Pass, claiming that it “feels like a slog” to progress through and doesn’t have enough good content to justify how long it takes to unlock rewards.
When the Redditor asked other players if they find the Battle Pass enjoyable, many of them agreed with the post’s sentiment and shared their own criticisms in the comments of the thread.
One user expressed that Apex Legends easily has “the worst” Battle Pass system of any battle royale title that they’ve played, claiming that they find it extremely difficult to unlock cosmetics across the 100 tiers.
They then added that the only thing they look forward to is the Legendary Packs. However, the Redditor praised that you can earn more Apex Coins than you end up spending in the Battle Pass, describing it as the “only redeeming thing about it.”
One of the commenters stated that they were only interested in the Legendary skins but even those weren’t that impressive. They then described all the other unlockable rewards in the Battle Pass as “junk.”
A common criticism in the thread was that it has too many “filler items” that players don’t care about. One user feels that season trackers shouldn’t be included as they become “obsolete” after the season ends.
They claimed that filler items from Siege and For Honor’s Battle Passes are better in comparison. So, players in the thread feel that removing these items and adding different rewards would incentivize them to progress through the tiers.
It remains to be seen if Respawn Entertainment will respond to these criticisms. Season 14 brought a major change to the Battle Pass challenges so that they will feature both a Battle Royale and non-Battle Royale option.
This was done to ensure that players can complete their challenges in each game mode. So, it’s possible that the developers will implement more Battle Pass changes in a future update, and we’ll be sure to let you know if they do.
For more Apex Legends content, check out why players are calling for devs to make Firing Range changes after Season 14 and Dr Disrespect explaining why Apex Legends isn’t close to dying out.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 14 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 14 is here, but which Legends are dominating Season 14 of Respawn’s battle royale so far?
Season 14 of Apex Legends has tons of characters to choose from to enjoy its several maps. But who has the top Season 14 pick rates in Respawn Entertainment’s battle royale shooter?
Apex Legends hit the ground running when it launched with eight different characters to choose from in its battle royale offering. The game suffered a notable lull when Call of Duty: Warzone launched, but with many popular streamers such as NICKMERCS and Dr Disrespect continuing to support the game, Apex has grown expeditiously.
There are now a whopping 22 different Legends to choose from, giving players a headache before each game. With Season 14 now here, the new Legend Vantage has already knocked some fan-favorite characters out of the running.
Let’s see how the current roster’s pick rates are looking to give us an idea of the most popular Legends in Apex Legends Season 14.
Apex Legends Season 14 pick rate ranked list
This is our complete list of every character pick in Apex Legends, and we’ve ranked them in order to let you know which are favored.
Here is every Apex Legends pick rate in Season 14 ranked, as of August 12, 2022, according to Apex Legends Status:
- Vantage – 11.7%
- Octane – 10.1%
- Wraith – 9.3%
- Bloodhound – 7.8%
- Pathfinder – 7.8%
- Valkyrie – 6.8%
- Horizon – 5.5%
- Bangalore – 4.5%
- Lifeline – 4.3%
- Seer – 3.9%
- Loba – 3.5%
- Fuse – 3%
- Ash – 3%
- Mirage – 2.6%
- Mad Maggie – 2.6%
- Newcastle – 2.3%
- Caustic – 2.3%
- Revenant – 2.2%
- Wattson – 1.9%
- Gibraltar – 1.9%
- Rampart – 1.6%
- Crypto – 1.3%
Most picked Legends in Apex Legends Season 14
5. Pathfinder – 7.8%
Pathfinder has consistently been one of Apex Legends’ top five picks at 7.8%, and counting, for quite some time now.
As a Recon class, Pathfinder simply excels in movements and traversing the game’s various maps. His Grappling Hook and Zipline Gun are simply invaluable assets that will help any team in a pinch – either because of the circle or a third-party situation. He consistently manages to stay in the top 5 as a result.
4. Bloodhound – 7.8%
Again, with the influx of new Apex Legends players, Bloodhound is a great character to use for new players in Season 14.
Bloodhound nearly always stays in and around the 8-11% mark the seasons go on, and they have dropped slightly to 7.8%. Don’t let that put you off though, as they are easily the top Recon class to use in Apex Legends, thanks to their tracking tools and incredible skills, plus, their Beast of the Hunt Ultimate is priceless.
3. Wraith – 9.3%
Another starting Legend, Wraith has been a consistent pick throughout Apex Legends’ lifetime, and she has taken the number three with a 9.3% pick rate in Season 14.
Wraith’s stand-out features are her ability to get out of trouble very quickly – teammates included. Her abilities allow her to sense danger, become temporarily invulnerable, and create portals to escape predicaments. It’s easy to see why Wraith continues to be an absolute fan favorite in Apex Legends Season 14.
2. Octane – 10.1%
With a 10.1% pick rate, the speed demon has been dropped to the number two spot but continues his reign as one of the most popular Legends in Season 14, fluctuating between the top two places.
Aside from his amusing quips, he is the perfect balance of offense and defense. Despite being regarded as an offensive Legend, Octane can greatly increase his sprint speed which is useful for both attack and running away.
But most Octane users thrive on his Launch Pad Ultimate which can send him, and friendly players, high up into the air.
1. Vantage – 11.7% – Most picked Legend in Apex Legends Season 14
Of course, it’s the brand-new Legend Vantage that takes the top spot in Apex Legends Season 14. With an 11.7% pick rate, Vantage has stolen the show from other top Legends such as Octane and Valkyrie.
Vantage’s incredible popularity is probably due to her being new, but she’s not to be trifled with either. Her Sniper Rifle is an incredibly strong weapon, she’s able to wall run, and has a direct counter to Mirage.
How her pick rate will change throughout Season 14 remains to be seen, but she’s well-worth using on the overhauled Kings Canyon.
That covers all the picks in Apex Legends Season 14. As always, buffs and nerfs will come and go throughout the season, altering the game’s meta, and subsequently, Legend pick rates.
We’ll be sure to keep this updated regularly so you can stay on top of the in picks and don’t forget to check out why Mad Maggie has climbed up the rankings this season.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Dr Disrespect explains why Apex Legends isn’t close to dying out
Top streamer Dr Disrespect had high praise for Apex Legends and its devs, explaining why it won’t “die out” any time soon.
Apex Legends has been going strong since its launch in 2019 and even hit its highest Steam player count yet with Season 14. Top streamer Dr Disrespect weighed in on its longevity, believing that it won’t “die out” any time soon.
Apex Legends hit its 14th season in August 2022, bringing a brand-new Legend, increasing the level cap, and overhauling the original Kings Canyon map. With the game reaching its highest Steam player count yet and Season 15 arriving later this year, Apex is showing no signs of slowing down.
Alongside developing his own game, top streamer Guy ‘Dr Disrespect’ Beahm keeps coming back to Apex Legends, and has explained why he doesn’t believe it’ll die out.
Doc returned to Apex to try out Vantage and all of the other Season 14 changes, and a member of the Champions Club donated and asked Doc if Apex Legends “will die out soon,” and he immediately responded: “absolutely not.”
“They’re tapped in and they have a great developer group working on the game,” he explained. “The game’s constantly evolving and it’s literally, probably the most competitive battle royale out there — I mean it has to be. Not even close.”
Both Warzone and Fortnite have competitive scenes, with the World Series of Warzone 2022 kicking off on August 15. But the grind for Apex Predator is always a big event for competitive players and Apex streamers alike whenever there’s a new split.
Dr Disrespect then considered whether Apex Legends is “fun to watch,” and he concluded that viewers who don’t play typically won’t watch it, but those who are invested in the game will always be tuning in.
Image Credit: MLG
CoD community split as players reveal the worst ever Call of Duty game
Call of Duty players were asked to reveal which game they believe to be the franchise's worst and the results...
NICKMERCS explains why he believes Modern Warfare is overrated
Top Twitch streamer NICKMERCS has explained why he believes Call of Duty players think Modern Warfare 2019 is better than...
Warzone’s frustrating demon gun glitch is back in Vanguard
Vanguard weapon camos are being plagued by the infamous demon gun glitch which fills the screen with ruined textures.