With all the hype surrounding the new upcoming Battlefield game, players have noticed some interesting changes to some of the previous titles consisting of Battlefield 2021 teasers.
We’re not far from the official reveal trailer for the upcoming Battlefield game, with the developers even posting the official premier up on YouTube for fans to get hyped.
Although there have been multiple leaks and rumors, we will be getting an official look at the game on June 9, but it seems players are experiencing some new Battlefield 2021 teasers on the previous Battlefield games.
Battlefield’s upcoming title, rumored to be called “Battlefield 2042,” has been generating a lot of hype and support over the last few weeks.
As well as supposed leaked images, fans were also excited to hear the previous Call of Duty General Manger would be joining the Battlefield team in the same role, showing EA’s grand intentions for the franchise.
This excitement has skyrocketed to even greater levels on June 7, as the community has begun to notice cryptic teasers appearing in previous entries in the franchise and areas associated with them over the past few hours.
Battlefield 2021 teasers
Over on Reddit, some players posted these teasers found on Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, and Battlefield 4.
It seems EA has updated the steam pages for BF1 and BFV to feature the same glitchy aesthetic that was seen on their teaser date video that was released on Twitter.
Perhaps the glitched text in the steam descriptions is part of a wider easter egg or code, much the like images that were sent to many content creators just last week.
Further, another Reddit post revealed that even Battlefield 4 contained a teaser when loading up the game, as past the main menu, the same glitchy, cryptic theme can be found, which definitely seems to be hiding something.
This will no doubt leave those players who find these teasers excited for “Battlefield 2042,” with one Reddit user stating in the comments: “I literally could not be more excited. It’s been soooo long since any new BF content, and all this teasing is giving me major BF3 nostalgia.”
Whatever it is, it has us excited for what Battlefield has in store for the future. Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more on Battlefield, and check out our recent article on Dr Disrespect’s excitement for Battlefield 2021.
Image Credits: EA / MartianGeneral
Battlefield 2042 Season 2 map leaks and players are already roasting it
A brand-new map for Battlefield 2042 Season 2 has been leaked, and the community have already begun roasting it.
A new map expected to show up in Battlefield 2042 Season 2 has leaked ahead of time, and players have already started slamming it before it’s even been released.
It’s safe to say that Battlefield 2042 didn’t get off to the best start. DICE’s FPS received plenty of criticism from the community when it launched in 2021 due to the lack of content and game-breaking bugs, with some even demanding a refund.
Players will be hoping for more of the same in Season 2, and another map set to arrive in the update has leaked in advance. However, players haven’t responded well to the leak, and the map is already getting a kicking online.
Battlefield dataminer ‘temporyal’ shared a picture of the new map called “Stranded,” otherwise known as “Drained.” They explained that players will be fighting over Gatun Lake, an artificial lake found in Panama, which seems to have had its water removed.
Although they couldn’t offer any leaked images of the Season 2 map, they did provide mockups of a dam and a “stranded ship” that could serve as major POIs.
The post found its way onto Reddit, and players were quick to start bashing the leaked map. “I’ve been saying for quite some time that bf2042 needs more shipping containers,” said one sarcastic reply, referencing an ongoing joke in the community that Battlefield 2042’s maps are crammed full of metal containers blocking the way.
Others seemed to take issue with how Stranded will actually play in modes like Conquest, worrying it may feel unbalanced.
“Attackers have to walk across a drained lake to cap a stranded ship because the dam failed. It’s all mud flats with zero cover,” said one reply. “In 3 months they’ll add some dead trees and rocks for cover so just hold out till then No-Pat!” added another.
Meanwhile, there was also frustration that this is the only map that has surfaced so close to Battlefield 2042 Season 2, as players feel that one new addition isn’t enough.
Reddit user Always-Panic said: “Map? As in singular map? As in only one map? As in no more than one map in the second season a whole year after the game launched?”
It’s worth keeping in mind that is all based on a leak without official images, so there’s every chance that Stranded could look and play very different from the way temporyal described. We’ll have to wait for an official announcement to see what DICE has in store for Battlefield 2042 Season 2.
For more on Battlefield, check out whether or not Battlefield 2042 will be available on Xbox Game Pass.
Image credit: DICE
When is Battlefield 2042 Season 2? Expected release date, Renewal overhaul, more
Here’s everything we know about Battlefield 2042’s Season 2 update so far, including the expected release date and Renewal map overhaul.
The next major Battlefield 2042 update is Season 2, so here’s everything we know about the next content drop including its expected release date, content, and Renewal map overhaul.
Battlefield 2042 launched in a state which neither long-time fans nor EA were happy with, and DICE have been hard at work putting things to rights ever since, dropping several major updates since launch.
The final update of Battlefield 2042 Season 1 is here, with Update 1.2 going live on August 2. Next up is the Season 2 update, so here’s everything we know including the release date, Renewal map overhaul, and the rest of the expected content.
Battlefield 2042 Season 2 release date
While neither DICE nor EA have revealed an official update for Battlefield 2042, the in-game timer reveals that Season 1 should wrap up on September 1, 2022.
Of course, plans change and the season could be delayed, but don’t expect Battlefield 2042 Season 2 until September at the earliest.
Renewal map update in Battlefield 2042 Season 2
Battlefield 2042 Season 1’s Update 1.2 overhauled Kaleidoscope, giving it a more war-torn feel, adding new areas, and breaking sightlines with a ton more cover, and Renewal is up next.
Renewal provides a completely different aesthetic depending on which side of the map you’re on, with one side a barren desert and the other a lush farmland. However, players feel that the map doesn’t prove nearly enough cover, and players are too spread out.
To combat this, the E flag has been removed, plenty more cover has been added to the Solar Station POI, and the barren terrain connecting it to the rest of the map has been ” raised and modified to provide better cover for players.”
DICE confirmed ahead of Season 1 that their “work on Renewal is also progressing well,” and the changes are “scheduled to release some time after Season 1.”
Expected Battlefield 2042 Season 2 content
Here’s everything we expect to see in Battlefield 2042 Season 2:
- New map
- New Specialist
- New vehicles
- Season 2 Battle Pass
- Bug fixes and UI updates
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 patch notes: Release date, Kaleidoscope rework, Specialist overhaul, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2, including the release date, Kaleidoscope overhaul, and Specialist changes.
Battlefield 2042’s final update in Season 1 is on the way, with Update 1.2 bringing the highly-anticipated Kaleidoscope rework, Specialist changes, and more. Here’s when the update goes live as well as the full patch notes.
Season 1 arrived with the new Exposure map that players and even Dr Disrespect loved. Now, the devs are dropping the final update ahead of Season 2, which brings a major change to both the Kaleidoscope map and Specialists.
Here’s when Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2 goes live, as well as the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 release date & time
DICE have confirmed that Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2 arrives on all platforms on Tuesday, August 2, at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
The devs haven’t revealed whether there will be any downtime, but the previous updates have allowed players to jump in as soon as it’s installed.
Kaleidoscope reworked in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Battlefield 2042 players have long complained that the maps are too open and don’t offer enough cover. Update 1.2 seeks to change that, giving Keliedoscope a “rework.”
DICE revealed that they have “revised the playspace to add more cover, creating new flag positions, and improved the flow across the whole map.”
Alongside adding physical cover, the terrain has been reworked to “break sightlines and let infantry move more purposefully around the map.” Plus, they’ve added new areas such as the Forward Operating Base in the park and another command post near the Tower.
Specialists overhauled in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Battlefield 2042’s world was set to be gritty and wartorn, and players didn’t feel that the Specialists’ style and tone reflected that.
With Update 1.2, Specialists have been given “updated Specialist character models to better reflect the intense situations they have experienced.”
These Specialists now look like they’ve been in a warzone, with more facial hair, battle scars, and dirt-plastered faces.
Player Profiles added in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Alongside the Kaleidoscope rework and Specialist overhaul, there’s finally a Player Profile in Battlefield 2042.
The Player Profile allows Battlefield 2042 players to see their “current in-game progress and your performance stats since launch.” This information includes current rank, XP towards the next rank, “K/D Ratio, kills, deaths, assists, revives, accuracy, shots fired and much more.”
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 patch notes
- Fixed an issue with Aim Assist that prevented Auto Tracking from working as intended for moving targets
- A scroll menu has been added while viewing weapon attachments
- Previewing skins while in a game will no longer show character feet clipping into the ground
- Text in the Collection screen identifying Ranger’s category is now easier to read
- The Hide UI button in the Battle Pass screen no longer hides Player Card backgrounds or Tags
- Rush – corresponding era-specific MCOM’s have been added for all maps. The Bad Company 2 version also received visual improvements from its original look and feel
- Fixed an issue where AI Soldiers driving tanks wouldn’t move in the El Alamein: Axis Airfield map layout
- Dozer will no longer regenerate explosive damage even when Soldier Health Regeneration is On
- The call-in Vehicle Cooldown modifier now affects the window of time when a vehicle is destroyed and when it’s available for use again
- The call-in tablet now correctly displays when vehicles are unavailable due to limits being reached
- AI Soldiers are now able to fly planes
- Vehicle Superiority will now respect the ticket multiplier modifier
- Vehicle Superiority ticket progress bar will now update based on max tickets remaining
- A new separate Modifier has been added for enabling AI passenger seats
- Quad Bike vehicles placed in the map now respond to ModBuilder Blocks
- Resolved a Rules Editor teleporting issue on Exposure
- The “Equals” Rules Editor block now supports Capture Point type
- Disabled Capture Points will no longer impact the game, such as still having ticket bleed
- Teleport now works in vehicle superiority game modes
- Several new Rules Editor blocks have been added
- Picking up Ammo Pouches should now always register when collecting them in quick succession
- An incorrect status is no longer displayed while using insta-lock projectiles such as Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade
- Fixed an issue where the player could use both IBA Armor Plates consecutively after placing Boris’s SG-36 Sentry Gun or Irish’s DCS Deployable Cover
- The handle of the Anti-Tank Mine no longer floats while held when changing to it from the NTW-50
- C5 no longer gets attached to the MV38-Condor when thrown from the passenger seat
- The Insertion Beacon health bar and icon should now not be offset when it’s placed on uneven terrain
- The Repair Tool now starts cooling down immediately when stopping a repair
- There is no longer an incorrect delay before the overheat progress starts
Smoke Grenade Launcher
- The Smoke Grenade Launcher now shows the correct category tag in the Battle Pass
- There is now a chance for a powerful AI Tank to appear which guards a significant number of Data Drives. It’s marked on the map, so it’s up to you if you want to try and get the sweet loot…
- In-world icons have been adjusted to make it easier to read how many Data Drives are at each location
- You are now able to pick up Gadgets dropped by Players and AI Soldiers
- An issue has been resolved that prevented Ranger and vehicle call-in items from being used after picking up the required Uplink
- Auto deploying a parachute should no longer deploy too late or cause fall damage
- The camera will no longer clip in transition from 1P to 3P view while performing a takedown
- Soldiers sometimes did not drop their weapons when dying in a vehicle. This has been resolved
- Made changes to areas where explosion damage would still reach out of range soldiers
- Fixed an issue where melee attacks could cause physical issues on transition areas such as slopes
- Fixed as bug where reviving and trying to melee didn’t cancel the revive
- Soldiers no longer clip into each other during takedown animations
- Fixed an issue where downed animations were not played correctly if the player died before others players spawned in
- Fixed an issue reviving an ally inside the elevator on Renewal wasn’t possible
- Added high quality animations for occluded soldier kill cams
- Spawning on a player that is prone will ensure you are now also in prone stance
- Prone behavior on steep slopes has been improved which should prevent instances of inaccurate dispersion while firing
- You are now able to go prone while walking backwards
- Player models would sometimes stick through walls while prone, which allowed them to be damaged. This should no longer happen
- Stairs or slopes should no longer sometimes show vaulting animations
- You should no longer sometimes see a stuttering animation when starting a slide
- Visuals for soldiers and vehicles popping into player view after being hidden has been made smoother
- Fixed an issue where the forward button had to be held for a short duration to enter ladders
- Jumping should no longer get interrupted directly after vaulting
- An issue has been resolved that prevented sliding immediately after climbing a ladder
- Jumping during a slide should now always trigger correctly
We felt that Paik’s EMG-X Scanner was not consistently worth using as an offensive tool as it caused her to become spotted, and thus vulnerable. We therefore removed this self-spotting effect, and slightly increased the spot duration of scanned enemies to make the Scanner more reliable for use.
- Increased the spot duration while using the EMG-X Scanner from 0.5 -> 0.85s
- Paik is no longer spotted when using the EMG-X Scanner
- Rao’s Hack effect should no longer last when in the passenger seat of a vehicle
- Rao’s hacking animation should no longer sometimes get stuck
- Rao’s hacking now properly goes through some penetrable or see through objects, while before it didn’t always do that
- Resolved discrepancies with Sundance Grenade Icons
- Sundance’s Wingsuit audio should no longer continue playing when entering a vehicle
- You should now be able to perform takedown while inside bushes
- Angel’s Loadout Crate should no longer block ladders
- The OV-P Recon Drone is now always destroyed when hit by air vehicles
- Bashing with Dozer’s SOB-8 Ballistic Shield should now always follow the enemy soldier
- The camera should no longer clip through structures when attacking with Dozer’s SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Ammo Crates and Medical Crates can no longer go through Irish’s DCS Deployable Cover
- Fixed an issue where hitting the back of a T90 MBT with Lis’ G-84 TGM would deal 1% damage
- Fixed issues with aircraft HUD disappearing when shooting and reloading the G-84 TGM from a passenger seat
- G-84 TGM camera missile visuals now properly interact with the sandstorm on Hourglass
- Lis’s animations should no longer sometimes clip during End of Round
- Reduced the brightness for Lis’s Armor Hunter trait
- Added support for Aim Based Icons Opacity. This new feature allows the opacity of icons to be adjusted based on how close or how far they are from the center of the screen. Icons at the center of the screen will be more transparent, whereas icons at the edge of the screen will be more opaque.
- This feature aims to prevent icons from blocking the visibility of enemy targets that you are aiming at. It is active at all times with greater effect when zoomed (very low opacity when the icon is in the center). Enemy player icons’ opacity are not affected by this feature.
- Added options to customize the area of the screen where the opacity is affected as well as the transparency in the periphery of the area or at the center of the screen when zoomed and not zoomed. The option can be found under DIsplay > HUD Icons.”
- Added a new HUD option called “Horizontal HUD Padding” which allows adjusting how far off the left and right side the HUD is positioned. When set to 0, elements such as the minimap and the inventory will be positioned at the edges of the screen. When set to 100, those elements will be close to the center. This option can be found under Display > HUD General
- Improved readability of nearby grenade threats through an updated grenade warning indicator icon. Animation, size and opacity scaling over distances adjustments have been made to ensure it’s easier to see the warning when the grenade isn’t in the player’s view
- In-world health bars, icons and names should now always be visible on unoccupied and friendly vehicles
- Fixed issues with distance not being visible on location, danger and objective pings when these icons are sticking to edge of screen
- Adjusted helicopter rotor transparency in 1P view to reduce potential photosensitivity risks.
- Ammo counters and the actual replenish time are now fully synced properly on vehicle weapon pods.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the MV38-Condor to not take off while in flight mode
- Fixed an issue where the reload timer on missiles would stay on screen after switching weapons.
- The spark element for miniguns has been adapted to light level so it doesn’t block player view while in low-light environments
- A Minigun/20mm shell eject effect has been added for the MD540 Nightbird
- Added 25mm shell eject effects for aircraft Anti-Aircraft weapon
- Collision damage has been updated for light vs heavy air vehicles. This does not mean the vehicles are immediately destroyed while colliding, but they will take more damage than before
50mm Air Cannon Pod (Condor / Hind)
We felt the offensive capabilities from the MV-38 Condor and Mi-240 Super Hind against infantry were still too strong. We are adjusting their 50mm Cannon to help further limit their impact on infantry, and to put more focus on these helicopters being intended as a means of transport.
- Ammo count reduced from 12 to 8
- Blast radius reduced from 5 -> 3.5m
- Replenish time increased from 3.5 -> 6s
We are adjusting the EBAA WILDCAT’s anti-air capabilities to ensure these weapons are more effective in their intended use of dealing with air vehicles.
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles – Damage increased from 130 -> 210. This means it’s now a 2-hit kill against the Nightbird and Jets, and will leave Attack Helicopters at critical HP.
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles lock on range increased from 400 -> 600m
- Dual 30mm AA Cannons minimum damage has been removed. It now always does the same damage at all ranges
- Dual 30mm AA Cannons now do slightly more damage against Jets and all Helicopters
RAH-68 Huron / YG-99 Hannibal
We felt the Stealth Helicopter 30mm Cannon Pods were too powerful against infantry because they could be fired for extended periods of time and leaving little opportunity for infantry to retaliate. We have therefore increased the overheat speed for these Cannons to limit their impact on infantry.
- Increased overheat of the 30mm Cannon Pods on the RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal
- The wrong keybind is no longer being displayed for the Equipment Slot in the Gunner seat for RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal
- Adjusted entry icon position on the YG-99 Hannibal/ RAH-68 Huron
- Fixed an issue where Shotguns were dealing damage up to 300m. They no longer deal damage above 200m.
- For those fired upon from distances with a shotgun, it means less instances of falsely giving you feedback that you might be in danger. For shotgun wielders, it should no longer mistakenly give you the indication that you could effectively eliminate your target from such distances
- The Incendiary Grenade launcher no longer one shots enemies
- Reduced the peripheral blur around weapon scopes when zoomed in to aid with general visibility
- M5A3 barrel is no longer visible through some scopes
- BKS Scope no longer clips with camera in NTW-50
- Ghostmaker R10 barrel is no longer visible through certain scopes
- A number of scopes have been updated to ensure a larger playable area is visible when Aiming Down Sights
- Tweaked shell eject effects so that the shell casings aren’t visible when ADSing with the PSO-1 scope
- Fixed an issue that was breaking scope visuals on the BKS 8X and SDB 10X when certain underbarrels were equipped
- The Target 8T 1.25-4.5X scope is no longer missing its “Toggle Optic” label
- Buckshot Shell’s default magazine now has the correct magazine size icon
- The MP28 default red-dot sight is now using the correct icon
- Fixed an issue that was causing incorrect visuals to be displayed through scopes with some skins
- Full Auto mode on the BSV-M no longer provides Recoil Compensation and instead gives a 15% Dispersion Penalty
- Adjusted the BSV-M High Power Magazine damage dropoff to begin at 50m instead of 100m
- Fixed an issue where the BSV-M would not get reduced recoil while using the bipod
- Fixed an issue where the BSV-M magazine size in the HUD did not match the one equipped on the weapon
- Reduced K30 ammo type damage for Subsonic, Standard Issue and High-Power rounds
- Subsonic, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- Subsonic, 30-40m – 18 dmg > 15 dmg
- Standard Issue, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- High-Power, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- Reduced the M5A3 Close Combat rounds damage
- 0-20m – 22 -> 18 damage
- Reduced the MP9 Close Combat rounds damage
- 0-5m – 28 -> 22 damage
- 30-40m – 22 -> 18 damage
- Reduced the size of the Masterkey’s attachment crosshairs
- Players would take damage from the initial impact of the 40mm Incendiary launcher, but not the fire itself. Players will now burn as expected
- Firing an underbarrel now also spots you on the minimap
- Fixed a broken animation that would sometimes play when triggering an underbarrel attachment while being in the Plus Menu
- An underbarrel icon will now be displayed while ADSing in Launcher/Masterkey mode
- Added missing Default underbarrel to the Hazard Zone M5A3
- Fire Mode UI icon is now present while using underbarrel attachments
- Fire Mode Key bind is no longer present while using underbarrel attachments
Image Credit: DICE / EA
How to get Apex Legends Twitch Prime Gaming rewards: August 2022
Here's how you can get the Vantage Troop Leader Apex Legends Prime Gaming skin and bundle during the month of...
How to unlock Valois Revolver in Warzone and Vanguard Season 5
Here's how to unlock the new Valois Revolver in Warzone and Vanguard Season 5, which acts as both a knife...
Warzone devs confirm Umbrella Academy crossover with Season 5 roadmap
The Warzone Pacific Season 5 roadmap image has confirmed the arrival of an Umbrella Academy crossover in the game.