According to reliable leaker Tom Henderson, EA are reportedly “very disappointed” with Battlefield 2042’s launch and are considering making the game free-to-play in some capacity.
The free-to-play model has been adopted by almost every publisher in the games industry, pulling in as many players as possible and then selling in-game cosmetics to rake in an incredible amount of money.
Many expected Battlefield 2042’s Hazard Zone to be the free-to-play offering, but this wasn’t the case. However, it’s been reported that EA are considering adding a free-to-play element to the game after its disappointing launch.
Battlefield 2042 was one of the most anticipated shooters of 2021 but issues such as poor performance, the disappearance of the classic class system, and the controversial bullet spread mechanic turned away both new and returning players.
- Read more: Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
Industry insider Tom Henderson reported the news on January 20, claiming that EA are “looking at all options” with Battlefield 2042, which includes looking at free-to-play “in some capacity.”
It remains to be seen what this free-to-play model may look like, but Henderson said that he’ll reveal more information on January 21.
The community wasn’t convinced that going free would help Battlefield 2042, as the issues are rooted in the game itself. “Making it F2P will only give them another 10k players for like 2 weeks and then those players will leave,” said one player. “This game is gonna get ditched.”
Making it F2P will only give them another 10k players for like 2 weeks and then those players will leave.— Ｃ：＼Ｕｓｅｒｓ＼Ｒｉｃｈｉ (@TheAutotheist) January 20, 2022
If those guys had real leadership they would’ve taken to twitter, reddit, IG, all of these sources for feedback and put it to practice.
This game is gonna get ditched.
“Sadly, I’m happy that they’ve admitted being very disappointed with it,” explained another popular leaker, TheMW2Ghost. “Hopefully that’ll shift the game in the right direction, and adding a **scoreboard** to the game isn’t seen as an incredible act of legacy feature implementation.”
DICE recently unveiled plans to add a proper Scoreboard to Battlefield 2042, and while fans were happy to see it return, they were shocked it was never there in the first place.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated with more information surrounding EA’s future plans for Battlefield 2042.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Release date, Boris nerf, recoil adjustments, 64 player Breakthrough
Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.1 brings a ton more bug fixes, as well as nerfs to Boris, recoil adjustments, and removes Breakthrough 128.
Battlefield 2042’s Season 1 update is almost here and ahead of its release, DICE is dropping Update 4.1 to squash even more bugs, nerf Boris, and limit Breakthrough to only 64 players. Here’s everything included in Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.1.
It’s no secret that Battlefield 2042’s launch didn’t go according to plan, with the player base immediately criticizing both its buggy launch and core design choices. After delaying Season 1 to early summer, DICE have been releasing huge updates that seek to get the game back on track.
The latest patch to arrive is Update 4.1, which brings even more bug fixes, Specialist buffs and nerfs, adjustments to recoil, and more. Here’s when the update goes live as well as the full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 release date & time
- Boris’ Sentry Gun nerfed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
- 128 player Breakthrough removed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
- Full Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 release date & time
DICE confirmed that Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.1 will go live on May 19 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
- Read more: Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
The developers also confirmed that it’ll be a zero-downtime update, so you can jump straight back in as soon as the download has finished.
Boris’ Sentry Gun nerfed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
Battlefield 2042 players have long complained that Boris’ Sentry Gun was simply too powerful, so Update 4.1 is set to give it a sizeable nerf.
While its spotting ability has been buffed, almost every other aspect of the Sentry Gun has been nerfed. Alongside removing its ability to track targets through walls, its health, damage, range, and reload speed have all taken a massive hit.
128 player Breakthrough removed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
Many Battlefield 2042 players preferred the less chaotic and more tactical 64 player Breakthrough, so this becomes standard with Update 4.1.
Battlefield 2042’s maps can hold a whopping 128 players, but the devs felt that such a huge player count was a detriment to the Breakthrough mode, so they removed the option to search for it.
While Breakthrough 128 will still exist in the Discarded, Manifest, Orbital, and Kaleidoscope maps, they confirmed that they’ll “be keeping a close eye on how our changes help to improve the experience ahead of the start of Season 1.”
Full Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Vehicle Aim Sensitivity and Transport Vehicle Freelook Sensitivity Controller settings now always correctly apply their effects
- Aim Assist has been improved while aiming at moving targets
- Aim Assist should no longer incorrectly acquire targets through thin obstacles
- When not ranking up, you should no longer see the “You have been promoted screen” during End of Round
- Delivered improvements that help to reduce input lag
- Adjusted Trigger Weight to ensure that inputs feel more responsive when applying successive inputs
- The Announcer Voice Over for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 3 experiences has been remastered, and now includes new radio sound effects
- Specialists will now correctly display animations during the End of Round screen while in Battlefield Portal modes
- Made the following changes to Hardcore Templates within the Battlefield Builder to align them with our Featured Experience offerings.
- Enabled HUD in Hardcore Templates
- Disabled Mini-map and Compass in Hardcore Templates
- Hitting enemies with EMP effects now correctly triggers Player Disrupted XP
- Removed placement delay for deployable gadgets so they now appear instantly
- Deployable gadgets are now easier to deploy
- The size of the Insertion Beacon has been increased so it’s easier to see
- The Insertion Beacon is now visible from further away
In this update, we’re making multiple updates to the All-Out Warfare rotations. Our leading change is the removal of the 128 player version of Breakthrough. When reviewing the available experiences in All-Out Warfare, we felt that the 128 player modes are better suited for Conquest where gameplay spaces are larger, and where you have a more natural fit for sandbox gameplay.
In Breakthrough’s 128 player mode, we feel that the value and impact of an individual player, and squad is reduced due to the increased intensity and chaos of the combat.
When reviewing Breakthrough, we noted that the 64 player version represented a more tactical experience. Reducing our player count here helps to remove some of the chaos from the experience, and in combination with the reductions that we have made to the number of available combat vehicles, it means players are better able to hold frontlines more effectively. Players will also find more space to work together and fulfill their individual roles
As a result, squads in Breakthrough 64 have a better opportunity to work together, to flank the enemy, place a spawn beacon, use their plus menu to attach suppressors, then clear, and hold a point – one squad helping turn the tide as an example. We believe that the move to 64 players will bring back the pacing that helps celebrate these moments of teamwork and PTFOing, and will be keeping a close eye on how our changes help to improve the experience ahead of the start of Season 1.
- Breakthrough 64 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S now have set map sizes for specific maps:
- Discarded, Manifest, Orbital, Kaleidoscope will play the 128 player version
- Hourglass, Breakaway, Renewal will play the 64 player version
- The Compass now expands while in ADS to improve its readability
- Angel will no longer be able to grant Armor Plates via his Supply Bag
- Spotting via the SG-36 Sentry Gun now highlights spotted players via a red dot, and spotted enemies are now also visible for friendlies
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun will no longer track players behind walls
- Overall damage and health for the SG-36 Sentry Gun has been lowered
- RPM reduced from 450 -> 250
- Start Damage 16 -> 10
- End Damage 10 -> 7
- Fall Off Damage Range 50 -> 40
- Projectile Speed 960 m/s -> 500 m/s
- Health 200 -> 150
- Lock-on time increased by 0.3 seconds
- Target Forget Time 2 -> 1.5 seconds
- Target lock-on range 65 -> 50m
- Reload Speed 5.2 -> 4.2 seconds
- Bashing with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield while inside smoke should now always deal damage
- Fortification System recharge rate reduced from 25 -> 20 seconds
- Update 0.4.0 introduced an unintended change to the behavior of some weapons via incorrect values on their damage tables. In this update we’re restoring performance to its intended design and you should feel an overall improvement to weapon performance
- The impact of recoil affecting attachments has been lowered, while base weapon recoil has been improved to compensate. This means weapons without attachments now handle better
- Bolt Action Sniper breath control now lasts a max of 5 seconds, with an added 5 second penalty if used entirely
- Underbarrel Attachments no longer affect weapon deploy speed
- Overall horizontal recoil for DMR’s has been reduced
- Sidearms are now faster to deploy
- Increased the AC42 distance damage dropoff at higher ranges
- Removed the AK24 Semi Auto fire mode
- Increased AK-24 Burst Mode rate of fire to 900RPM
- Improved the NTW-50 effectiveness against vehicles
- Added an additional damage multiple versus tank tracks
- Increased PKP-BP vertical recoil, and added a new horizontal recoil profile
- Improved the SFAR-M GL damage at short to medium range
- Taking down an enemy now requires 5, instead of 4 bullets while at 20m
- Decreased the SFAR-GL distance damage dropoff
- Reduced SVK’s Horizontal recoil to make it easier to land follow-up shots
- Increased the SVK distance damage dropoff past 40m
- SVK’s High-Power Rounds damage lowered past 150m
- Taking down an enemy now requires 3, instead of 2 bullets
- Fixed a bug for no XP being rewarded when capturing an objective in a vehicle that wasn’t spawned via the Deploy Menu
Following the release of Update 0.4.0, we’re continuing to make balance adjustments to vehicle gameplay by updating the total number of vehicles that can be active at any time across maps in Conquest and Breakthrough.
- Kaleidoscope – Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
- Manifest – Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers number of Transport Air Vehicles by 1, and reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders to 1
- Adjusted Sector 3 to remove the Defenders allocation of Transport Air Vehicles, and also reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders by 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1, removed the Defending teams allocation of Transport and Combat Air Vehicles
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Defenders allocation of Heavy Vehicles to 1
- The MAV is now part of the Transport vehicle category
- The M5C Bolte’s Missile Launcher no longer deals unintentional increased damage to air vehicles
- The M5C Bolte is now part of the Armored vehicle category
Source: DICE / EA
Image Credit: DICE
Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
There is a ton of excitement for Battlefield 2042, and Xbox fans have been wondering if it will be on the Xbox Game Pass service.
Months after EA’s Battlefield 2042 release and Xbox fans are still wondering if it will be on Xbox Game Pass. Some developments suggest that its status could be set to change.
Battlefield 2042 has been a journey that EA perhaps did not expect to experience. What was supposed to be the return to form for the FPS franchise swiftly turned into a nightmare.
A lack of updates and the game’s unfinished state lead to players calling BF 2042 a “dead game” and requesting refunds. The game has since had many updates and looks to be heading in the right direction.
The game is still currently a normal release in stores, but could this be changing for Battlefield 2042 Xbox Game Pass users very soon?
Is Battlefield 2042 on Xbox Game Pass?
Battlefield 2042 is not currently available on the Xbox Game Pass service.
Popular EA titles usually like to feature on Microsoft’s video game subscription service, so it was only natural that fans speculated about Battlefield 2042 possibly being a part of it.
Could Battlefield 2042 come to Xbox Game Pass in the future?
According to xgp, it appears as if Battlefield 2042 could finally be coming to Xbox Game Pass with Microsoft inadvertently advertising the game for the subscription service.
If users look at Battlefield 2042’s game page on the Xbox store, they will notice that the “Game Pass” symbol has now appeared next to the game’s official box art.
This is a clear, early indicator that the game is on its way to Xbox Game Pass.
EA Play, EA’s subscription service, is also part of Xbox Game Pass. Almost the entire backlog of Battlefield games is available to Game Pass owners if you’re too impatient to wait for BF 2042 to join the line-up.
Check out all the many changes that the 4.0 update has made to Battlefield 2042.
Image Credit: DICE
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 patch notes: Release date, voice chat, Specialist changes, 400+ fixes
Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.0 arrives soon with over 400 fixes including voice chat and Specialist changes, so here are the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 players have been desperate for change and the devs have now confirmed the Update 4.0, which makes significant changes to Specialists, vehicles, and attachments, as well as “400+ Individual Fixes.” Here are the full patch notes as well as the release date.
It’s no secret that Battlefield 2042 has lived up to neither DICE nor players’ expectations. it was one of the most highly-anticipated games of 2021, but lost almost all of its player base in a matter of weeks.
DICE have been working to bring the game back to expectations, releasing several major updates over the course of 2022. The devs have now detailed the next major patch, Update 4.0, so here’s its release date and full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 release date
- Voice chat finally arrives in Battlefield 2042
- Specialists changed in Battlefield 2042
- Battlefield 2042’s attachments overhauled
- Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 release date
Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.0 will go live on April 19 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
The developers also confirmed that it’ll be a “zero downtime update,” so you can jump in and check out the changes as soon as the update is finished downloading.
Voice chat finally arrives in Battlefield 2042
Players were shocked to learn that voice chat didn’t exist in Battlefield 2042, meaning that cross-platform players couldn’t actually talk to each other in-game.
Voice chat will finally arrive with Update 4.0, allowing squads to communicate through either their Party or Squad.
Specialists changed in Battlefield 2042
Both Rao and Paik have had their traits updated in Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.0, and Sundance’s Grenade Belt is now more effective against vehicles up close.
- Read more: What is Apex Legends’ Flashpoint LTM?
Rao’s Trojan Network has been replaced with the Threat Perception Trait which means that “When Rao takes damage from enemy fire, he will automatically spot the enemy for himself.” And Paik’s Threat Perception Trait has been swapped with Eagle Eye, where, “Players damaged by Paik are now spotted for everyone.”
Battlefield 2042’s attachments overhauled
Battlefield 2042’s weapon attachments have been overhauled in Update 4.0, ensuring “their impact when customizing your weapons is unique, and noticeable.”
They explained that “some attachments had effects that were too similar from others, and it was unclear what the impact on your weapons would be when switching between them.” Now, you should feel more of a difference when switching weapon attachments.
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 patch notes
Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.0 patch finally adds voice chat, changes certain Specialists, adjusts vehicles, and overhauls attachments.
Here are the full Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 patch notes.
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is now available in Battlefield 2042.
There are two voice chat channels to choose between: Party and Squad. Settings for VoIP can be adjusted via Options > Sound/Voice > Chat while in-game.
In Update 3.3 we released the UI refresh for the Scoreboard. Following this update this UI refresh will now also be available during the End of Round screens.
With Update 4.0 we’ve overhauled the behavior of many weapon attachments to ensure that their impact when customizing your weapons is unique, and noticeable. Previously, some attachments had effects that were too similar from others, and it was unclear what the impact on your weapons would be when switching between them.
- Made several improvements to Kill Assists
- Damage Assists trigger from a lower damage threshold, improving consistency and clarity
- EMP Grenades now trigger Assists more reliably
- Assists can now trigger when a teammate kills an enemy and either of them were covered in smoke you deployed.
- Fixed EMP effects persisting on screen
- Fixed a bug where equipping a weapon attachment from the item reveal menu would in some scenarios reset the full customization on that weapon back to defaults
- Fixed a bug where the player’s saved customization would sometimes be reset to defaults after joining a server
- Simplified keybinds for Chat and VoIP
- Switch weapon for Gunner can now be properly bound in key bindings
- Airplane and Helicopter sensitivity settings added to the Options menu
Matchmaking & Social
- Fixed a matchmaking error that could occur after quitting a Hazard Zone server
- Matchmaking information is now visible in the Player Card screen
- Fixed a bug where a user encounters a matchmaking loop and gets sent back to the lobby.
- Disbanding a party before joining it no longer incorrectly shows the “Remove EA Friend” prompt
Progression and Unlocks
- Adjusted Ribbons to make them easier to unlock across all modes, especially in Rush
- Further adjustments to specific Ribbons:
- Logistics – Progress earned from repairing friendly vehicles has been increased, and progress earned from healing and resupplying has been reduced
- Objective – Kills or Assists while fighting for objectives in Breakthrough now also give progress
- Intel – Progress for hitting enemy vehicles with EMP’s has been doubled
- Combat – Destroying an enemy Ranger now rewards Ribbon progress
- Combat & Wingman – Kills and Assists on enemy Players in Hazard Zone now give increased progress
- Mastery for the Mi-240 Super Hind, MV-38 Condor, and MAV now gets progress as intended when teammates spawn in on your vehicle
- Cosmetics and weapon attachments are now correctly marked as New when unlocked
- XP from support actions has been increased, while XP from objective actions has been decreased to compensate:
- Projectile Destroyed, with Irish’ APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel, from 5 -> 10 XP
- Enemy Disrupted with EMP, from 10 -> 20 XP
- Equipment Destroyed, from 5 -> 10 XP
- Healing, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Resupply, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Repairing, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Ranger Destroyed, from 25 -> 75 XP
- Objective Neutralized, from 250 -> 200 XP
- Objective Captured, form 375 -> 200 XP
- Sector/Objective Defended, from 15 -> 10 XP.
- Added an XP event for killing a downed enemy in Hazard Zone
- Repairing Ranger now correctly triggers the repairing XP event
- Fixed players or AI Soldiers sometimes not spawning in the correct HQ area
- Fixes a bug where players were still receiving damage from the Tornado while inside the Stadium
- Sprinklers are now active for 9, instead of 20 seconds
- Sprinklers no longer deal damage
- Sprinklers should no longer affect players outside the building
- The freeze effect in the HUD is less intense
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot through the tires of some trucks on Kaleidoscope
- Fire from the rocket explosion event is no longer invisible and will slowly dissipate
- Fixed a bug where soldiers and vehicles would be affected by the storm while inside buildings
- Reduced rubberbanding when key events such as the rocket launch get triggered
- Bollards and ramps should no longer be triggered by deployed gadgets
- Toxic barrels now continue dealing area damage if another nearby barrel gets destroyed shortly after
- Fixed a bug/exploit where players were able to deploy gadgets or shields that would intersect with MCOMs, not allowing them to be disarmed
- Fixed a bug where container doors were still presenting the interaction prompt after being destroyed
- Updated destruction behavior for fences
- Minor prop objects at distance now pop more slowly
- Added support for traversal on objects linked to moving platforms
- Enabled cover occlusion for player damage from explosions
- Fixed a bug when elevator doors weren’t synced for players joining later during a match
- Players can now sneak and open doors close to them while ADS
- We’ve resolved multiple smaller issues across all maps that could negatively impact gameplay:
- Fixed some areas where players could get stuck
- Fixed floating of items
- Fixed some collision areas that caused players to fall through items/the map
- Fixed areas where planes could go through terrain while out of bounds
- Fixed being unable to interact with some objects
- Fixed some areas where players were able to see through the map
- Fixed behavior on some interactable objects such as doors
- Fixed clipping of objects such as vegetation
- Made several improvements to the Portal Browser
- Name/Description is now autofilled when creating an Experience
- Name/Description fields of preset Experiences are now empty by default
- Browsing Experiences remembers your previous search query
- Resolved instances where the Browse tabs didn’t function correctly when applying custom filters
- Made adjustments to the chase camera on a number of vehicles in Battlefield Portal
- Fixed an issue which could cause a game crash when players were near a Kübelwagen
- Players no longer remain in a stuck trigger animation after deploying C4 and immediately jumping into a vehicle
- The Defibrillator can no longer be equipped while swimming
- Stationary Machine Guns will now be destroyed alongside accompanying towers
- Added new VO lines for destroying or capturing objectives
- Added new VO line for tower collapse event on Caspian Border
- The tower on Caspian Border will now have improved barrage & projectile VFX before its collapse
- Players can now switch back to their secondary weapon on an Experience with all primary weapons disabled
- The Cycle Primary Weapon key binding now properly cycles to the secondary weapon if the player doesn’t have a primary one
- You should now always automatically have your last played loadout in the next round
- Spawns on El-Alamein have been moved to prevent becoming stuck after deploying in FFA Mode
- Battle of the Bulge – the screen now changes to sepia when going out of bounds near the tank battle vista area
- Numerous fixes for floating rocks and cliff faces in Valparaiso, Arica Harbor, El-Alamein, and Caspian Border
Bad Company 2
- You can now switch back to the Mortar Strike gadget while it’s recharging
- You can now switch out from the Mortar Strike gadget using the inventory prev/next bindings (default mouse wheel) while it is recharging
- Fixed an issue where weapon under barrel attachments would trigger on button press even if the weapon was not selected at the time
- Rush – updated M-Com screens with arming/disarming progress bars and countdown timer
- Fixed the wrong VO playing when giving attacking orders as Dozer
- Fixed issue where Falck’s gadget VO would trigger when hitting enemies
- The healing sound will now always play when Falck heals herself with the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Adjusted Wingsuit audio for Sundance so they are easier to hear for enemies
- Added surface scrape sounds to vehicle with tracks when rotating stationary
- Improved audio across amphibious vehicles
- The MD540 Nightbird and AH-64GX Apache Warchief now have the correct audio cues when Air-to-Ground missiles are ready to be used
- Destroying a gadget should no longer trigger vehicle destroyed voice over
- Improved at range audio for the Recon Drone
- Low health sound should no longer get stuck when going into a vehicle
- Added audio VFX for turning on/off the Flashlight attachment
- The Prox Sensor should no longer emit warning sounds if no enemies are within reach
- Soldiers should no longer hear the opposite ping VO being triggered from a 3P view
- Improved audio consistency for vehicle call-ins
- Improving cockpit audio experience when driving enclosed Land Vehicles in first person
- Tweaked the vaulting sound when climbing ladders
- Added audio for birds on Renewal
- Added audio for destroying screens in the Synseco laboratory lobby in Renewal
- Improved audio for damage caused by storms
- Improved audio for vehicle gear shifting
- Fixed an issue where rapidly pressing fire on a Sniper Rifle would play an audio cue as if two shots were fired
- Improved audio for the M5C Bolte, EBAA Wildcat and MD540 Nightbird when they pass by players
- Fixed air vehicles being able to spawn at the opponents HQ in start of the round
- Successful missions should no longer be shown as failed
- You can no longer use a Redeploy Call-in when all players in a squad are alive
- Removed placement ranking stats from End of Round screen in Hazard Zone
- Adjusted costs of several Hazard Zone weapons and gadgets
- The roaming AI LATV’s should no longer fail to spawn, or spawn at the wrong times
- Soldiers should no longer be stuck in a mandown state
- Hazard Zone end of round now shows all kills, instead of just human player kills
- Hazard Zone end of round now properly shows in round instead of lifetime respawns
- A collected Data Drive will no longer be permanently marked on the minimap
- Players can no longer move their character in Hazard Zone after dying or bleeding out
- Fixed issues with Rush declaring the winning team prematurely and/or incorrectly
- Deploying gadgets over Rush M-COMS should no longer prevent arming it
- Adjusted spawn locations to prevent spawning out of bounds
- AI Soldiers will no longer appear lagging while entering a vehicle
- AI Soldiers can now repair combat vehicles in All-Out Warfare
- Improvements to AI Soldiers operating Helicopters
- Improvements to AI Soldiers reviving human players
- Fixed some issues where the player would be impossible to hit when entering an exposed vehicle seat
- Fixed an issue where dead soldiers or friendly soldiers would block bullets
- Fixed further instances of not being able to revive players when some of their body parts were clipping with assets/geometry
- Fixed players not being able to place deployables in certain areas
- Fixed an issue where the player would not be able to jump or vault after reviving someone
- Fixed an issue where players would have 2 hands on a rifle while sprinting on a steep slope
- Fixed losing input when jumping on/off the ladders
- Fixed players appearing to fly after meleeing water
- Fixed soldiers sometimes becoming invisible while downed
- Fixed players sometimes going into downed state, instead of dying if killed in an out of bounds area
- Fixed players entering a downed state after crashing with an air vehicle
- Fixed players sometimes entering a downed state state while under water
- Fixed players sometimes being thrown up in the air after getting revived
- Fixed an issue where redeploying your soldier could cause dropped weapons to float
- Fixed an issue where it wouldn’t be possible to crawl under certain obstacles while prone
- Fixed an issue where the player’s camera could sometimes clip through the ground or objects when prone
- Fixed an issue where the soldiers could fly when dropping down from steep areas
- Fixed an issue where certain camera transitions would force the player’s FOV to be reset to the default FOV (55°)
- Fixed an issue where it is possible to die when entering a vehicle right after performing a melee attack while in the air
- FOV should no longer break after switching weapons on ladders
- Improved traversal across moving objects
- Updated animations for directional vaults
- Soldiers will no longer die when swimming close to or under a water vehicle
- Fixed an issue which would cause broken weapon animations while sprinting into world objects such as a wall
- Fixed an issue where reload animations would play incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where aborting a revive caused first person animations to break
- Resolved several corrupted eye animations
- Improved the preview animations of deployable objects
- Improved left arm animations while crawling with a MCS-880
- Improved left hand animations when using an under barrel attachment while sprinting
- Sprinting out of water while swimming no longer puts you in a stuck sliding animation
- Left hand animations should no longer break when entering and exiting vehicles
- Players should no longer experience looping revive animations when downed
- Gunners should no longer sometimes clip behind vehicles while driving
- Made revive animations smoother
- Switching weapons in a vehicle open seat will no longer result in a broken animation
- Toned down weapon movement during initial ADS after deploy
- Smoothed out the transition animations for camera and weapon movement when switching between stand/crouch
- Jumping into water while reloading will no longer cause a broken reload animation
- You can no longer see through your hands while using the SWS-10 or DXR-1 in prone position during reload
- Polished idle animations for rifles
- Fixed a bug where Angel’s Supply Bag won’t land when bouncing close to a vehicle
- Fixed instances where Angel’s Supply Bag didn’t activate correctly
- Fixed some occurrences that could cause the mesh of Angel’s Supply Bag to copy itself onto other thrown projectiles
- Made all vehicle types able to smash through Irish’s Deployable Cover
- Resolved instances where Irish’s Fortification System couldn’t be placed on angled terrain
- Fixed a bug where the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel would not always stop targets if blocked by a soldier standing on it
- Fixed an issue where players could see the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel in an infinite firing loop at an unidentified target
- The SOB-8 Ballistic Shield and main weapon can no longer equipped at the same time when bashing or entering a vehicle
- Dozer now becomes vulnerable for a short time when the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield is hit by heavy fire such as from tanks
- Dying as Dozer while holding the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield will no longer cause you to be resurrected with the shield active
- Reviving Dozer with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield active no longer makes you float upwards
- Repeatedly pressing the Prone and SOB-8 Ballistic Shield buttons as Dozer will no longer result in the player having the shield up while prone
- Performing a takedown on Dozer with an active SOB-8 Ballistic Shield will now play the correct animation
- Fixed a bug where Repair Tools caused the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield to deflect bullets
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield could bash through thin walls
- Rao’s Cyber Warfare Suite should now feel more responsive
- Resolved bugs related to using the Cyber Warfare Suite ability without an active target
- Once the Cyber Warfare Suite ability finishes, your target is now reset
- Replaced Trojan Network with the Thread Perception Trait:
- When Rao takes damage from enemy fire, he will automatically spot the enemy for himself
- Replaced Threat Perception with the Eagle Eyed Trait:
- Players damaged by Paik are now spotted for everyone
- Updated Paik’s Mastery criteria to align with her new Trait
- The OV-P Recon Drone can now be descend with Crouch toggle buttons
- The rotors on the OV-P Recon Drone are now placed correctly
- The spotting sound now plays correctly while using the OV-P Recon Drone
- The OV-P Recon Drone now remembers it’s direction upon re-entry
- Resolved wrong text displaying when OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from flying the OV-P Recon Drone upwards if you entered it while crouching
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun should no longer clip outside elevators
- A tank running over the SG-36 Sentry Gun will now destroy it
- Fixed Anti-Armor Grenades that locked on to targets which were too far away
- Anti-Armor Grenades now filter by angle and distance in a more accurate way, and have the same priority for air/ground vehicles
- Anti-Armor Grenades no longer swap targets when already tracking a target and have reduced maximum range once unfolded and in flight
- Anti-Armor Grenades now have different tracking radius for ground and air vehicles
- Anti-Armor Grenades no longer target Irish’s Deployable Cover or APS-36 Shootdown Sentry
- Anti-Armor Grenades track properly if left sleeping on the ground now, instead of simply exploding
- Improved the speed when switching through Sundance’s Grenade Belt
- Scatter Grenade detonation timings adjusted to let them explode quicker
- Landing on rough terrain no longer causes Sundance to bounce up in the air
- Fixed a rare issue where Sundance’s body could become detached from a vehicle upon entry while landing onto the vehicle from the wingsuit, causing Sundance to become invisible
- Falck’s S21 Syrette Pistol can now be equipped while swimming
- Fixed an issue in prologue where Falcks syringe did not spawn a pickup on the ground
- Reduced the distance at which the S21 Syrette Pistol’s dart is visible
- Made it easier for Mackay to grapple onto moving vehicles
- Players can no longer take damage from the Grappling Hook while downed
- Adjusted Mackay’s walk animation when aiming down sight, the sight should no longer misalign with where shots are fired
- Resolved issues where smoke stopped the Grappling Hook from working
- The Grappling Hook crosshair should now correctly pick up objects while in range
- Looking as far left/right you can while grappling while pressing A/D no longer allows you to slow down or speed up
- Fixed a rare occurrence where entering a vehicle after using the Grappling Hook could cause Mackay to become invisible
HUD / UI
- HUD – hints for Reload, Low ammo and No ammo will now blink a few seconds and then fade out. Switching weapons in these states will restart this animation
- HUD – added critical (red) and out of bounds (gray) color to WorldInfo, SoldierInfo and SoldierCompass HUD widgets
- HUD – centered soldier compass direction readout and added positioning arrow shape
- HUD – added scaling options for the Mini-map/team, Personal Log, World Log, Player/Vehicle Info, Chat and Vehicle Passenger List
- HUD – added critical state for vehicles
- Added new options that allow players to scale the transparency of many different icons in the HUD (Friendly icons, Squad member icons, Enemy Icons, Revive Icons, Objective Icons and Ping Marker Icons). Each icon type can have a different transparency when zoomed or not zoomed. The option can be found under DISPLAY > HUD ICONS.
- Added a Chat Log Visibility option to allow players to set the default visibility mode of the chat log (which allows it to be turned OFF on console where no key bindings exists to change visibility in-game)
- Adjusted scaling of objective icons over distance, they will now start scaling at 50m (instead of 100m) and stop scaling at 500m instead (instead of 1000m)
- Solved an issue where friendly icons were too enlarged
- The “Need Healing” icon is no longer visible over friendlies while playing as Angel without a Medical Crate
- The grenade indicator no longer remains after the grenade has already exploded
- The killcard should now always update after being killed by AI Soldiers shortly after self healing
- SG-36 Sentry Gun and OV-P Recon Drone are now shown/hidden depending on gadget availability
- Fixed a bug where the minimap didn’t update when entering an air vehicle from the ground
- Fixed a problem that caused hints to disappear on initial deploy into vehicles
- Made animations for the Plus Menu smoother
- Added 24 new options to control the opacity and size of HUD icons
- Added missing Always Traversal Sprint option under CONTROLLER tab
- Fixed an issue that prevented equipping of the IBA Armor Plate if you were being healed at the same time
- Using the IBA Armor Plate no longer causes the plate to flicker and reappear on screen after use
- Fixed a bug where players were able to deploy items to clip ladders and ziplines which could block passage
- Improved the positioning of the preview of deployed objects (such as Boris’s turret) to better reflect the surface the player is trying to place it on, instead of hovering in the air.
- Gadgets should no longer be destroyed if a door opens or closes close to them
- Fixed an issue where gadgets resupplied via the Loadout Crate caused the player to not be able to redeploy their chosen gadget later on during that life
- EMP effect from grenades no longer extend past their visual explosion radius
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to drop Ammo and Medical Crates through thin walls
- CG Recoilless M5 / RPG / SMAW will now one shot Ranger if it’s a direct hit
- The CG Recoilless M5 will no longer automatically reload while you are downed if you died after firing it
- Fixed an issue causing empty reloads on the Recoilless M5 to be interrupted when vaulting
- Fix for issue where users were able to detonate the C5 Explosive while being hacked
- Fixed an issue where both soldier Anti-Tank Mine & the Bolte’s Anti-Tank Mine would despawn after a short while if the player died
- The Repair Tool now turns off when a player dies
- Made it easier to place the Insertion Beacon
- You’ll now spawn in the same direction where the Insertion Beacons is facing when spawning on it
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to shoot FXM-33 AA missiles while their target was in smoke
- Fixed an issue where FXM-33 AA Missile did not become enabled again until the user switched to another weapon and back again after being affected by EMP
- Fixing a issue where Smoke Grenades did not explode on moving cranes
The behavior of many weapon attachments has been overhauled to ensure that their impact when customizing your weapons is unique, and noticeable. Previously, some attachments had effects that were too similar from others, and it was unclear what the impact on your weapons would be when switching between them. Here’s an example of updated behavior while customizing the AC-42:
- A – Warhawk Compensator
- Update 3.3: improved horizontal recoil control, reduced vertical recoil control<./li>
- Update 4.0: improved recoil control, reduced weapon accuracy<./li>
- B – Rattlesnake Light Grip
- Update 3.3: improved accuracy while moving, reduced accuracy while static
- Update 4.0: :increased hipfire accuracy, reduced accuracy while ADS
- C – Maul Hybrid 1.5X-3X
- ADS speed decreased in 4.0
- Zoom levels and Optics toggle options persist
- D – Subsonic Rounds
- Base recoil reduced in 4.0
- Reduced Muzzle Flash visibility
- Decreased projectile velocity
Further changes to Weapon Attachments:
- Factory and Extended Barrel descriptions now display the correct fire rate changes
- Weapon modifiers are now correctly applied when swapping attachments while the bipod is equipped
- Fixed an issue that would cause the 40mm Grenade Launcher attachment to hit an invisible wall when fired indoors
- Fixed an issue which would grant unlimited ammo if magazine attachments were toggled in between firing the underbarrel attachment
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- Adding and removing attachments in the Plus Menu will now always correctly apply their statistic changes
- Underbarrel activations such as flashlights and laser sights will no longer be reset after getting revived
- Bipod attachments will no longer toggle on and off while reloading
- The ADS time on the BKS 8X now matches that of other scope attachments
- Adjusted the size of the DD Holo scope to bring it in line with other scopes
- Reduced blur on the Ghost Hybrid scope
- Some underbarrel attachments should no longer have a shared ammo pool
- The Maul Hybrid and the Ghost Hybrid now correctly displays both scope zoom levels in the Collection screen
- The Fusion Holo attachment no longer clips through the meshes on the following weapons: AK-24, LCMG, PP-29 and the SFAR-M GL
- Fixed clipping issues with the camera when the Fusion Holo optic is equipped while ADS
- The high powered magazine for the AK24 now shows the correct amount of bullets
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to fire straight away after reloading the Grenade Launcher attachment on the M5A3
- Updated text descriptions for both the NTW-50 and DM7
- Fixed an issue which caused the extended magazine for the PBX-45 to have a slight delay before it fires after reload
- Located a missing ‘R’ in the description of the PKP-BP
- Increased PKP-BP Base Recoil
- Fixed an issue that would cause weapon lag across scopes for the M44
- The missing bullet on the M44 has been located
- The M44 now displays the correct reload animation while in prone
- Fixed an issue with the M44 that caused the scope to move a lot more than intended when aiming around
- Arcom Tactical Muzzle Brake no longer floats when equipped onto the MP9
- Increased the long range damage on SWS-10 light ammo from 35-40 over 75 meters
- The Iron Sight will no longer be visible when the Fusion Holo is equipped to the PP-29
- Fixed an issue with the incorrect ammo pools to be set on the PP-29, which would show incorrect ammo quantities
- Fixed the PP-29 medium and subsonic ammunition having inverted ammo pools
- Fixed an issue which could cause underabarrels on the SFAR-M GL to unexpectedly run out of ammo
- Recentered the iron sight on the DXR-1
- AC42 Bullet Damage dropoff increased
- AC42 effective range has been lowered
- Reduced scope shake when firing on the DM7 and VCAR
- Fixed an issue where weapons would have inconsistent dispersion or recoil
- Fixed an issue which prevented bullets from dealing the correct damage amount
- Bolt Action Sniper rifles now correctly play their animation after opening the Plus Menu and firing
- Reload prompt will no longer stop flashing when there are only a few bullets left in the magazine
- Reloading while ADS will no longer reset the camera zoom
- Fixed an issue which could cause weapons to become invisible while climbing a ladder
- Fixed an issue which caused some players to be unable to shoot or ADS after exiting a vehicle
- Toggle Scope is now affected by soldier controller schemes
- Weapons in the collection screen will no longer compare to the weapon selected in deploy screen which caused incorrect comparisons
- Improved the visual quality of the crosshairs and red dots within high powered scopes while on low/medium graphic settings
- Removed some double spacing within text descriptions of multiple weapons
- Reduced scope shake when firing on the DM7 and VCAR
- Fixing broken arm when doing pump action while crawling with the MCS-880
- Improved weapon animation when deploying from a vehicle
- Added a game hint for steady scope
- Weapons should no longer slide over the floor when dropped
- Made improvements to the position and drop timing for dropped weapons
- Underbarrel shotgun crosshair does not disappear after zooming
- Animation fixes related to melee takedowns
- Fixed an issue where the camera was misplaced during a takedown
- Fix related to targets flying away when doing a takedown on a moving platform
- Fix where melee hits didn’t register consistently on moving targets
- Fixed a bug where the player could throw a grenade and melee at the same time
- Fixed a bug where player could get stuck in melee animation
- Fixed a bug where doing a melee attack in prone could make the knife stuck until another melee was initiated
- Fixed an issue which would cause guns to instead play a knife animation
- As outlined in our recent Core Feedback, we are adjusting the number of active vehicles across maps and modes, and you’ll notice the first iteration of this change within this update. As an example of how that plays out on Breakthrough 64 for Kaleidoscope, here is how we adjusted total available vehicles in the match, per Sector:
- Sector 1 – 17 -> 13
- Sector 2 – 18 -> 17
- Sector 3 – 19 -> 17
- Health for soldier and vehicle now show correct values for all seats in the vehicle
- The radar will now appear correctly while redploying on a team/squad mate in the Mi-240 Super Hind or MV-38 Condor
- Killing someone with a Tuk-Tuk would sometimes show the wrong vehicle icon the kill card
- Destroying either the Tuk-Tuk or Polaris Sportsman in a tunnel will no longer cause floating debris to be present
- Players can now ping while driving vehicles in 3rd person view
- Fixed an issue that would cause reversing in a tank to be problematic
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to skip the equipment cooldown timer while in a helicopter
- Players will no longer find themselves in a floating state while exiting a fighter jet upside down
- Fixed an issue which would cause vehicles to not be deployed when called-in, but still shown as ‘in-play’
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to shoot AT missiles while their target was in smoke
- Adjusted text on the vehicle zoom options in order to make it clearer what the option does
- Tornados should no longer throw a helicopter under the world, resulting in passengers ending up under water
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes affect the visibility of flares
- Exiting and re-entering a tank will no longer result in a misaligned camera
- Fixed an issue that could allow helicopters to fly under the game world on Hourglass
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AA missile launch to skip the yellow lock on phase, jumping straight to red
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause helicopters to spawn on the ground
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to fall through the world when deploying into a tank
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to manually reload weapons on certain vehicles
- Air radar should now correctly display enemies
- System repair would sometimes only replenish a few health points, this has been corrected
- It was possible for players to hurt themselves with some explosive vehicle weapons during the vehicle enter animations, this has been disabled
- It’s no longer possible to shoot yourself for a short period of time when entering a vehicle
- Vehicle hints will now show up on initial deployment
- Vehicle “invert look” settings are no longer connected to flight controls
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to instant lock onto a vehicle after flares have been used
- Lights on air vehicles are now turned on when a player is in the cockpit.
- Fixed an issue which would occasionally see the AH-64GX Apache Warchief or KA-520 Super Hokum Smart rockets ignore their target.
- A specific concrete block was causing the T28 to become stuck. The T28 has overcome its fear and can now traverse over it
- Invert vertical look is now working as expected on transport vehicles
- Vehicle 3rd person camera no longer clips through the environment.
- The ‘Hints for Controls’ option now displays for all intended vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the bridge to clip while in 3rd person view in a T28 on Hourglass
- Backpacks can no longer be seen sticking out of the side of the B17 Bomber.
- Taking a Tuk-Tuk into an elevator will now display the correct health
- Made tweaks to various VFX while in a helicopter and firing counter measures to reduce photosensitivity risks
- Vehicles spawned through Deploy Screen will now be eventually abandoned if they are left
- Fixed an issue which would cause animation issues when going from vehicle to downed state
- Helicopter lights are no longer offset from their initial position while in the matchmaking countdown screen
- Deploy animation will now only play once after the player has switched seats multiple times in a row within vehicles.
- Tanks should no longer get stuck in the mud while in a storm on Orbital
- Weathering effects are now applied more consistently to vehicles.
- The soldiers physics representation now better matches the the actual animation pose when in a Tuk-Tuk or a Portal RHIB
- Added a freelook 3rd person view crosshair to vehicles
- Vehicle hud while in 1st person view now turns red when in a critical health state
- Vehicles now show both soldier and vehicle health for all seats occupied by the player.
- Updated the “Transport Look Behind” option to “Reset Camera View”
- Tweaked camera pitch while in 1st person view within a helicopter to better reflect the direction of travel and increase visibility
- Fixed spawning of vehicles in elevators
- Vehicles should no longer incorrectly be slowed down when driving over certain platforms like bridges
AH-64GX Apache Warchief
- The wing camera when firing rockets on the AH-64GX Apache Warchief is now more accurately aligned
- The HUD will now be more visible when performing a nose dive in the AH-64GX Apache Warchief
- Fixed text description on the EBAA Wildcat to more accurately reflects its weaponry
- Fixed text description on the EBAA Wildcat and T28’s Smoke Launcher
- The EBAA Wildcat can now climb hills with a bit more ease
- Increased the handbrake strength on the EBAA Wildcat
- While on Orbital the The EBAA Wildcat used to have trouble driving over low to average height rocks. This no longer occurs
- The F35-E Panther will now take the intended damage when hitting specific buildings on Hourglass
- Increased ejection force when at low speeds in the F-35E Panther
- Added an ejector seat for the F-35E Panther when in Hover Mode
- Afterburner VFX is no longer visible through the engine swivel nozzle in a F-35E Panther
KA-520 Super Hokum
- Made tweaks to the KA-520 Super Hokum to better align its bullets to the crosshair
- The KA-520 Super Hokum now correctly displays equipped attachments on its 3D model
- While entering a LATV4 Recon after sprinting, players will now find themselves in the correct seat
- Fixed an issue that would cause the LATV4 to sometimes fall through the floor on Hourglass
- Better positioned the hitbox of the the gunners head and shoulders when in a LATV4 Recon
- Player is no longer pushed out of bounds if revived under the LATV4
- The LATV4 Recon will no longer get stuck on a problematic rock on Discarded
- Fixed an issue that would cause the LCAA Hovercraft to become stuck on the environment on Breakaway
- LCAA Hovercraft collision around point G1 on Kaleidoscope has been fixed
- The LCAA Hovercraft can no longer fly after hitting a ramp at high speeds
- Tweaked the boost on the LCAA Hovercraft to avoid it going up vertical walls
- Swimming close to a LCAA Hovercraft that is on water will no longer result in death
- Players are now able to shoot passengers within a M5C Bolte more easily
- Fixed an issue that would cause the MC5 Bolte to fall through the world on Orbital after clipping tree trunks.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to break when revived from under a LATV4 Recon.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the MC5 Bolte from being visible after a call-in is requested
- Fixed issue where the animation of the M5C Bolte’s main gun could become stuck in the firing animation.
- MC5 Bolte Missile Launcher has been adjusted, and now also damage tanks
- Time to live 10 -> 3.2
- Engine strength 175 -> 70
- Damage 70 -> 45
- Fixed an issue that caused the 40mm Volley Pod crosshair to not show up in the MAV
- Improved text descriptions on the MAV
- Switching seats in the MD540 Nightbird would sometimes alter the FOV. It should no longer do this
- It’s now possible to shoot the pilot of an MD540 Nightbird through the upper part of the cockpit’s glass
- The MV-38 Condor should no longer spin out of control when it gets destroyed
- Fixed text description on the MV-38 Condor to more accurately reflects its weaponry
- Fixed an issue where the camera positioning could sometimes become stuck after exiting a MV-38 Condor
- 50mm Cannon Pod has been tweaked against other vehicles
- RWS 50mm mounted on Air vehicles
- Start and End Damage 60 -> 65
- ImpactImpulse 8000 -> 3000
- This change means it should now destroy the MD540 Nightbird in 2, instead of 3 shots
- RWS 50mm mounted on Land vehicles
- ImpactImpulse 4000 -> 2500
- StartDamage 85 -> 92
- EndDamage 60 -> 65
- Damage FalloffDistance start 180 -> 200
- Replenish Rate 2.3 -> 2.1
- RWS 50mm mounted on Air vehicles
- Players should no longer fall through the game world while driving the Polaris Sportsman on Renewal
- Made adjustments to the camera setup while driving the Polaris Sportsman, ensuring players retain visibility at all times
- Players can no longer get stuck in cargo containers while driving the Polaris Sportsman on Breakaway in Hazard Zone
T28 / M1A5
- HEAT Shell
- Impact damage increased by 90 > 115
- Replenish time per shell increased from 6 > 6,8 seconds
If you’re looking for more games to play in the meantime, you can check out whether Splitgate has crossplay and cross-progression.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded? New SMG & Sphere map
The next major update for Vanguard is Season 3 Reloaded, so here's everything we know including the new SMG, map,...
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Isco SBC
Ultimate Team players can add an excellent Spanish midfielder to their squad amid the LaLiga TOTS promo in FIFA 22.
How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite skin: Release date, bundle & Star Wars cosmetics
Legendary Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi is on the way to Fortnite, so here's when he arrives, how to get...