Battlefield 2042’s first season is well underway, and DICE are providing several changes, fixes, and quality of life improvements to further enhance Season 1. Here are the full patch notes for the Season 1 Update 1.1.
It’s no surprise that Battlefield 2042 failed to meet expectations when it launched in 2021. It was considered a major disappointment, but the devs have been focusing their efforts in an attempt to improve the state of the game since the launch of Season 1.
Here are the full Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes including vehicle balance changes, new XP events, DMR rebalancing, and more.
Vehicle changes in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1
As the devs continue to take major strides toward improving the overall experience, much of the Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 focused on quality of life improvements. Along with new XP events for Pilot Kills, Disarming Mines, and Repairs, the devs also introduced DMR and vehicle rebalancing.
DICE delivered: “Multiple vehicle balance changes such as a reduction in power for the MV38-Condor’s 50mm Cannon.”
A major portion of the update is dedicated to the various vehicle changes and you can take a look at the full patch notes below.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes
- A new widget has been added to the Main Menu which shows how many friends are currently online. You’ll now also see the number of online friends directly in the Social tab.
- Voice Chat options now show you which device is being used for voice input
- Resolved some instances where Controllers would not provide input when launching the game
- You will no longer get stuck at the “party leader selects game” screen in the lobby when the party leader has already entered the next game. Friends stick together!
- You’ll no longer see Unassigned or Not Set text in menus when using an alternate controller scheme
- A Party Leader icon has been added to the Social menu
- Camera settings for Vehicle 3rd person Field of View now apply immediately without having to cycle through camera options again
- Changing Squads while in a party now automatically sets your VoIP setting to Party
- The Kill Log sometimes didn’t show all kills made when “Show Kills Made” setting was to ALL. It now properly shows all kills.
- Weapon Charms should now always be visible on weapons while scrolling through the menu
- Bonus Missions now show the correct expiration time
- End of Round visuals for Battle Pass rewards are no longer missing after playing a Portal match
- The Zoom button now functions correctly when previewing Charms in the catalog
- Zooming in/out has been made smoother while in preview menus
- Fixed overlapping icons in Tags for players you’ve taken down
- Completed Challenges that previously didn’t give out their reward should now retroactively grant them
- Further new XP events have been added:
- New Pilot Kill Bonus Event – triggers alongside you snipe and kill the pilot of an air vehicle
- New Disarming Mine Event – triggers when you disarm an enemy AT Mine using Interact
- Repair Assist – triggers when someone in a vehicle you recently repaired kills an enemy with that vehicle
- Reduced XP reward of Spot Assists to 10 XP
- How Players of the Match are selected is now more consistent
- Player Icons and Healthbars now update faster when their state changes
- Made various changes to smooth out the overall camera experience
- The Kill Card has received several improvements:
- list of nearby or incoming receivers is now visible on the Kill Card alongside information about the killer
- If there are no assists involved in a kill then assist will not show on the Killcard
- There is now an animation for when the Killcard is showing on screen or when hiding or skipping it
- New game presets Air Superiority and Ground Superiority have been added to the Web Builder
- You are able to adjust vehicle count in Air Superiority and Ground Superiority game modes
- AI Soldiers are now better at climbing ladders across Classic era maps
- Underbarrel attachments can now be resupplied as expected by Ammo Crates
- Added Ranger to Restrictions tab
- Teleportation action block now works inside HQs
- New and unique character voices have been added for:
- Battlefield 1942 British Engineer
- Battlefield 1942 American Anti-Tank
- Battlefield 1942 German Engineer (aka Günter)
- Additional voice over lines have been added for Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 non-squad soldiers
- Added 4 extra-small layouts for existing maps (Battle of the Bulge, El Alamein, Kaleidoscope and Manifest). These are suitable for creating new Vehicle TDM experiences, but they’ll also work with Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All modes
- Several fixes have been made across Classic era maps to resolve terrain, prop and collision issues
- Added Passenger Seat Modifier: disabling passenger seats allows for a higher maximum number of vehicles.
- Added the option to toggle passenger seats availability
- Added Set Max Health Multiplier modifier for vehicles
- Added InfiniteWeaponMagazines modifier
- Added Projectile speed multiplier modifier for throwable items
- Added CompareVehicleName value block and VehicleName selection list block
- Added GetVehicleState GetPosition value block for vehicles
- Added GetVehicleState GetFacingDirection value block for vehicles
- Added AllPlayersInsideVehicle array value block
- Added GetVehicleState LinearVelocity value block
- Added the option to enable and disable capture points in Air Superiority and Ground Superiority experiences
- Added GetCapturePoint value block
- Allow error reports to send additional payloads in Error Logs
- Add new action block for sending custom error reports in Logic Editor
- Bad Company 2
- Replaced the UH-60 on the Russian team with the Mi-24 Hind
- Replaced the BMP-2 on the Russian team with the BMD-3
- Battlefield 3
- Added the A-10 Warthog and SU-25TM Frogfoot as new vehicles
- Resolved several clipping animations for melee weapons while vaulting over obstacles
- Resolved several gadgets clipping through hands while vaulting
- The EMP effect from thrown EMP Grenades will no longer affect players outside the visual radius
FXM-33 AA Missile
- FXM-33 AA Missile UI will no longer remain on screen while switching to another weapon
- Fixed an issue where no ‘In Stealth’ state is displayed while locking on to Helicopters with the FXM-33 AA
- The “Repairing” voice over no longer plays when attempting to repair destroyed vehicles
- Using the Repair Tool no longer sometimes causes the camera to shake
Smoke Grenade Launcher
- The Smoke Grenade Launcher’s name is now properly displayed in the Kill Log and Kill Card
- The overlay on vehicles for the SOFLAM now has the accurate colors; grey when in progress and yellow when fully locked on
- The Spawn Beacon now takes 1 to 2 bullets to destroy instead of 4 to 7
We’ve made several changes to reduce the reliance on the Data Drive Scanners within Hazard Zone. This should make it easier to understand the mode, and allows you more choice in which gadgets you want to deploy with.
- Increased cost of the Data Drive Scanner from 0 to 200
- Now only shows players carrying Data Drives when scanning
- Data Drives are now globally shown in the world
- IBA Armor Plates are now free and the default gadget
A new mechanic has been added to Hazard Zone, called Second Chance. This should make it more forgiving while you are first getting to know and start interacting with new squad mates.
- If your squad wipes before the first extraction, then the whole squad is redeployed one time after 15 seconds, at a different location from where you first inserted
- Redeploy and Second Chance now spawns players at 500m instead of 100m. Until the player is 100m above the ground, the parachute cannot be used
Several further changes have been added to faster to get into a Hazard Zone match
- Map Overview has been removed
- Reduced the amount of players needed to start the timer for starting the round, even if the server isn’t full yet
- Reduced the start timer from 2 -> 1 minute
- Quickdraw Holster has been removed
- Throwable Increase I – Increased to +2 extra throwable, up from +1
- Faster Healing I – Increased healing with 50%, up from 20%
- Insider Information – Increased location reveal from 30s -> 60s before impact
- Insider Information – Reduced rarity to Rare, down from Epic
- Insider Information – Reduced costs from 400 -> 200 Credits
- Biometric Scanning – Now spots enemies for 100% longer, up from 50%
- Biometric Scanning – Increased rarity to Rare, up from Common
- Biometric Scanning – Increased costs from 100 -> 200 Credits
- Table Deal – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
- Ammo Increase II – Increased to +3 additional magazines, up from +2
- Ammo Increase II – Increased rarity to Epic, up from Rare
- Ammo Increase II – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
- Faster Healing II – Increased healing with 100%, up from 50%
- Faster Healing II – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
Maps & Modes
- Fixed several visual, collision, lighting and interaction related bugs across Current era maps
- Resolved an issue on Discarded that could cause defending players to become stuck when spawning
- Resolved instances on Discarded where EMP Grenades exploded without delay after being thrown
- It no longer happens that the wrong voice overs would sometimes play when a match was in overtime
- Distinctive icons have been added for both Attackers and Defenders
- Directional retreat indicators have been added for defenders. This helps you understand in which direction you need to retreat
- Objective icons now show a hold Hold, Defend, Attack or Retake description to make it easier to understand where you need to go
- Audio has been tweaked to increase the feeling of tension during a match
- The transition from the match into the End of Round screen has been smoothened
- Soldiers will no longer sometimes clip through terrain when running up steep slopes
- Gadgets and weapons will no longer sometimes clip through walls while vaulting
- Ping locations are no longer inaccurate when in a vehicle seat as a passenger
- Jumping will no longer sometimes be interrupted after sliding
- Soldier hip rotation animations have been improved
- You are now able to vault over some angled walls that prevented this previously
- You are now able to move while Aiming Down Sights and being prone
- Strafing no longer causes the camera to slightly move
- Several improvements have been added to soldier movements animations:
- Separated aiming from turning so 3P animations can now look around slightly before triggering a turn animation
- Added leaning to 3P animations
- Added new and improved idle animations
- Fixed an issue where your 3P animation wouldn’t always show that you were in traversal sprint
- The revive animation for enemy soldiers has been polished
- Animations for a soldier jumping and descending from an upside down plane have been improved
- Changing to your primary weapon in mid melee attack now shows the correct melee animation
- Fall damage should no longer be inconsistent
- Animations while looking down during traversal sprint have been improved
- Pinging an enemy Hovercraft no longer plays a voice over indicating it’s empty and ready for use
- Players should no longer slide away after a takedown
- Resolved a broken animation while throwing an Ammo Crate or Medical Crate while vaulting
- The death animation when redeploying has been removed
- The Parachute / Wingsuit hint no longer remains on screen after either are deployed
- You will no longer automatically enter a vehicle if you revive a teammate who was under it
- You’ll no longer get a takedown prompt when a takedown is currently being performed on you
- It’s now possible to interrupt the Initial Deploy animation while ADS
- Moving sometimes caused specific weapons to have their animations broken, this has been fixed
- When reviving a player there was a chance that the weapon attachments would get all spooky and become misplaced. We’ve cured their fear of the dead
- A blocked loadout message no longer appears in error when interacting with the Loadout Crate
- It’s now possible to remain crouched while interacting with Angels’ Supply Crate.
- Resolved a repeating animation when repeatedly selecting the Supply Bag
- The 3P flash effect is now visible while being revived by Angel
- Angel’s Trait has been reworded to indicate he now only supplies ammo, instead of armor
- Resolved several inconsistent placement areas for the SG-36 Sentry Gun on Exposure
- The “Place Turret” hint no longer shows after the SG-36 Sentry Gun has already been deployed
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun can no longer fire downwards at extreme angles
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun can now fall through broken glass
- It’s no longer possible to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone in elevators which allows players to see through walls. This will now instead destroy the drone.
- The correct Kill Card is now displayed while Dozer dies from heavy fire while having the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield deployed
- The SOB-8 Ballistic Shield can now block missiles from the G-84 TGM
- Using ADS with the S21 Syrette Pistol now shows the correct visual instead of a red lined pattern
- Shooting allies with the S21 Syrette Pistol no longer sometimes triggers the friendly fire voice over
- Being hit by EMP Field Grenades now causes you to exit the G-84 TGM TV screen
- Fixed an issue that caused Lis’ G-84 TGM missile to bounce off of certain bushes
- Fixed an issue that caused Sundance’s Anti Armor grenade to lock onto and chase Lis’ G-84 TGM missile
- Increased the delay for exiting the G-84 TGM’s screen to 1 second
- It’s no longer possible to damage friendly air vehicles with the G-84 TGM’s missile
- The G-84 TGM missile will no longer bounce off vehicles
- The Hack indicator should no longer freeze in place after starting a hack
- The Anti-Armor Smart Explosive UI no longer gets stuck in lock on when the grenade has already been deployed
- The Kill Feed now properly indicates players killed by the Scatter Grenade
- Scrolling through weapons with a mouse wheel will no longer activate Paik’s EMG-X Scanner
- The Commorose now shows shortened objective names so the text doesn’t clip or overlap
- The Nearby Players list now accurately reflects nearby teammates
- Players dying due to friendly fire no longer show up as an enemy in the Kill Feed
- The Need Spotting Commorose command no longer displays empty text in the game feed
- Player name tags no longer change position while occluded by cover
- You’ll no longer see a hit indicator when shooting a dead enemy
- Anti-Air and Anti-Tank lock on missiles will now acquire new targets without a delay. This should make switching targets significantly smoother
- Anti-Tank missiles now also lock on to empty vehicles to prevent you from losing your target if the target vehicle is abandoned
- Overall target acquisition for lock on missiles has been improved
- The YG-99 would sometimes look a little banged up in the collection screens. We’ve buffed it out
- Fixed Stealth bombing coordinates so they no longer show negative values
- We have taught our autocorrect how to spell Suppressed within the Stealth Helicopter weaponry descriptions
- While flying an aircraft, the yawing input now stops when the mouse is not moving.
- Fixed an issue where a second TOW missile could be fired from vehicles while still controlling the first one
- Fixed an issue where the minimap view cone would not follow the camera in driver/pilot freelook, gunner and passenger seats
- Damage markers distance to center updated in vehicles to solve overlapping HUD
- Driving over a street lamp no longer makes the camera go inside the vehicle. Vehicle love lamp
- You should no longer see the landing gear on the SU-57 while it’s in flight
- Dying while driving the Polaris Sportsman will no longer cause the camera to violently shake
- Fixed an issue where Stealth Helicopter bombs would sometimes jitter as they fell
- Bullet tracers would sometimes go in the wrong direction while firing from vehicle weapons. We’ve reset their internal compass and they now point in the right direction
- Vehicle grenade crosshairs no longer display the wrong ammo
- Fixed an issue where the critical health recovery audio cue triggers everytime you exit vehicle
- Crashing an air vehicle into a friendly vehicle will no longer mark them as an enemy in the kill cam
F-35E Panther / SU-57 FELON – 25mm Cannon (internal)
- Damage increased from 20 -> 30
- Damage Fall Off start increased from 100 -> 250
- Minimum dispersion has been removed
- Maximum dispersion decreased from 1 -> 0.7
- Dispersion increase per shot has been lowered
Airplane Air-to-Ground Missile
- Missile Rate of Fire increased from 30 -> 90
- Replenish delay increased from 8 -> 20s
- Lock time increased from 1 -> 1.5s
- Lock release time reduced from 1 -> 0.5s
Airplane Air-to-Air missile
- Increased lock from 1 -> 1.5s
MD540 Nightbird – Mounted 20mm Cannons:
- Rate of Fire lowered to 250 -> 200
- Replenish time increased from 1.8 -> 2.5
T28 / M1A5 – Kinetic Grenade Weapon Pod
- Lower blast radius from 10 -> 7m
- Lowered inner blast radius from 4 -> 3m
Autocannon has been adjusted to make it a close range anti-vehicle weapon with diminished power over longer distances:
- Speed decreased from 980 -> 300
- Rate of fire increased from 120 -> 140
- Damage increased from 40 -> 65
- Added damage fall off start distance at 25m
- Added damage fall off end distance 150m
- Added blast damage fall off curve
- Blast damage increased from 10 -> 25
- Blast radius from 1 ->3m
MV38-Condor – 50mm Cannon Pod
- Now fires single shots
- Rate of Fire reduced from 110 -> 40
- Longer replenish delay to fit the new slower rate of fire
- AK24 no longer incorrectly shows it has a single rate of fire
- Fixed an issue where AK-24 attachments would not lower the recoil of the weapon as intended
- Fixed an issue where AC-42 magazines were displaying an incorrect rate of fire
- Fixed MCS-880 Flechettes doing unintended high damage at longer ranges
- Fixed an issue where some weapons wouldn’t play reload sounds while using an underbarrel attachments
- Fixed an issue where the SWS-10 Extended mag has a negative rate of fire within the collection screen
- Updated DDM4 magazines so bullets are not shown through scopes
- Fixed an issue where the time to live on the Incendiary grenade underbarrel was too short
- Fixed an issue where attachments were not available when opening the Plus Menu
- Fixed an issue which would cause the bipod to deploy itself changing scopes
- Laser sights would stop working while in 1P when a player would switch equipment or enter in a vehicle. This no longer happens
- Exiting a vehicle with the DXR-1 triggers no longer triggers the bipod deploy animation
- M44 Revolver damage increased up to 75m
- Fixed an issue that caused aim assist to not work for vehicle passengers in open seats
- Fixed an issue where swapping attachments caused some underbarrel attachments to become activated incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to fire faster than intended with some bolt action rifles by swapping attachments
We’ve updated DMR’s to make them more valuable in long-range combat as we currently felt they were underperforming. The first improvement we made here is to increase Bullet Speed, which means less lead time when firing at your target.
- BSV-M: 700 -> 790
- SVK: 860 -> 960
- VCAR: 600 -> 700
- DM7: 740 -> 800
We also noticed that headshots weren’t rewarding enough for extended combat engagements. To address this we’ve tweaked their Headshot Damage Multiplier at long-range:
- BSV-M / DM7: 1.9x -> 2.2x
- SVK 1.5x -> 1.6 x
- VCAR: 1.8x -> 2x
No changes have been made to DMR performance in short to medium range combat, and they’ll feel as you are used to when fighting against Assault Rifles and SMG’s. We’re looking forward to your feedback on these changes once you’ve been able to test them.
For more, be sure to check out everything we know about Modern Warfare 2 including details about the game’s multiplayer and campaign modes.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
When is Battlefield 2042 Season 2? Expected release date, Renewal overhaul, more
Here’s everything we know about Battlefield 2042’s Season 2 update so far, including the expected release date and Renewal map overhaul.
The next major Battlefield 2042 update is Season 2, so here’s everything we know about the next content drop including its expected release date, content, and Renewal map overhaul.
Battlefield 2042 launched in a state which neither long-time fans nor EA were happy with, and DICE have been hard at work putting things to rights ever since, dropping several major updates since launch.
The final update of Battlefield 2042 Season 1 is here, with Update 1.2 going live on August 2. Next up is the Season 2 update, so here’s everything we know including the release date, Renewal map overhaul, and the rest of the expected content.
Battlefield 2042 Season 2 release date
While neither DICE nor EA have revealed an official update for Battlefield 2042, the in-game timer reveals that Season 1 should wrap up on September 1, 2022.
Of course, plans change and the season could be delayed, but don’t expect Battlefield 2042 Season 2 until September at the earliest.
Renewal map update in Battlefield 2042 Season 2
Battlefield 2042 Season 1’s Update 1.2 overhauled Kaleidoscope, giving it a more war-torn feel, adding new areas, and breaking sightlines with a ton more cover, and Renewal is up next.
Renewal provides a completely different aesthetic depending on which side of the map you’re on, with one side a barren desert and the other a lush farmland. However, players feel that the map doesn’t prove nearly enough cover, and players are too spread out.
To combat this, the E flag has been removed, plenty more cover has been added to the Solar Station POI, and the barren terrain connecting it to the rest of the map has been ” raised and modified to provide better cover for players.”
DICE confirmed ahead of Season 1 that their “work on Renewal is also progressing well,” and the changes are “scheduled to release some time after Season 1.”
Expected Battlefield 2042 Season 2 content
Here’s everything we expect to see in Battlefield 2042 Season 2:
- New map
- New Specialist
- New vehicles
- Season 2 Battle Pass
- Bug fixes and UI updates
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 patch notes: Release date, Kaleidoscope rework, Specialist overhaul, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2, including the release date, Kaleidoscope overhaul, and Specialist changes.
Battlefield 2042’s final update in Season 1 is on the way, with Update 1.2 bringing the highly-anticipated Kaleidoscope rework, Specialist changes, and more. Here’s when the update goes live as well as the full patch notes.
Season 1 arrived with the new Exposure map that players and even Dr Disrespect loved. Now, the devs are dropping the final update ahead of Season 2, which brings a major change to both the Kaleidoscope map and Specialists.
Here’s when Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2 goes live, as well as the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 release date & time
DICE have confirmed that Battlefield 2042’s Update 1.2 arrives on all platforms on Tuesday, August 2, at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
The devs haven’t revealed whether there will be any downtime, but the previous updates have allowed players to jump in as soon as it’s installed.
Kaleidoscope reworked in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Battlefield 2042 players have long complained that the maps are too open and don’t offer enough cover. Update 1.2 seeks to change that, giving Keliedoscope a “rework.”
DICE revealed that they have “revised the playspace to add more cover, creating new flag positions, and improved the flow across the whole map.”
Alongside adding physical cover, the terrain has been reworked to “break sightlines and let infantry move more purposefully around the map.” Plus, they’ve added new areas such as the Forward Operating Base in the park and another command post near the Tower.
Specialists overhauled in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Battlefield 2042’s world was set to be gritty and wartorn, and players didn’t feel that the Specialists’ style and tone reflected that.
With Update 1.2, Specialists have been given “updated Specialist character models to better reflect the intense situations they have experienced.”
These Specialists now look like they’ve been in a warzone, with more facial hair, battle scars, and dirt-plastered faces.
Player Profiles added in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2
Alongside the Kaleidoscope rework and Specialist overhaul, there’s finally a Player Profile in Battlefield 2042.
The Player Profile allows Battlefield 2042 players to see their “current in-game progress and your performance stats since launch.” This information includes current rank, XP towards the next rank, “K/D Ratio, kills, deaths, assists, revives, accuracy, shots fired and much more.”
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.2 patch notes
- Fixed an issue with Aim Assist that prevented Auto Tracking from working as intended for moving targets
- A scroll menu has been added while viewing weapon attachments
- Previewing skins while in a game will no longer show character feet clipping into the ground
- Text in the Collection screen identifying Ranger’s category is now easier to read
- The Hide UI button in the Battle Pass screen no longer hides Player Card backgrounds or Tags
- Rush – corresponding era-specific MCOM’s have been added for all maps. The Bad Company 2 version also received visual improvements from its original look and feel
- Fixed an issue where AI Soldiers driving tanks wouldn’t move in the El Alamein: Axis Airfield map layout
- Dozer will no longer regenerate explosive damage even when Soldier Health Regeneration is On
- The call-in Vehicle Cooldown modifier now affects the window of time when a vehicle is destroyed and when it’s available for use again
- The call-in tablet now correctly displays when vehicles are unavailable due to limits being reached
- AI Soldiers are now able to fly planes
- Vehicle Superiority will now respect the ticket multiplier modifier
- Vehicle Superiority ticket progress bar will now update based on max tickets remaining
- A new separate Modifier has been added for enabling AI passenger seats
- Quad Bike vehicles placed in the map now respond to ModBuilder Blocks
- Resolved a Rules Editor teleporting issue on Exposure
- The “Equals” Rules Editor block now supports Capture Point type
- Disabled Capture Points will no longer impact the game, such as still having ticket bleed
- Teleport now works in vehicle superiority game modes
- Several new Rules Editor blocks have been added
- Picking up Ammo Pouches should now always register when collecting them in quick succession
- An incorrect status is no longer displayed while using insta-lock projectiles such as Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade
- Fixed an issue where the player could use both IBA Armor Plates consecutively after placing Boris’s SG-36 Sentry Gun or Irish’s DCS Deployable Cover
- The handle of the Anti-Tank Mine no longer floats while held when changing to it from the NTW-50
- C5 no longer gets attached to the MV38-Condor when thrown from the passenger seat
- The Insertion Beacon health bar and icon should now not be offset when it’s placed on uneven terrain
- The Repair Tool now starts cooling down immediately when stopping a repair
- There is no longer an incorrect delay before the overheat progress starts
Smoke Grenade Launcher
- The Smoke Grenade Launcher now shows the correct category tag in the Battle Pass
- There is now a chance for a powerful AI Tank to appear which guards a significant number of Data Drives. It’s marked on the map, so it’s up to you if you want to try and get the sweet loot…
- In-world icons have been adjusted to make it easier to read how many Data Drives are at each location
- You are now able to pick up Gadgets dropped by Players and AI Soldiers
- An issue has been resolved that prevented Ranger and vehicle call-in items from being used after picking up the required Uplink
- Auto deploying a parachute should no longer deploy too late or cause fall damage
- The camera will no longer clip in transition from 1P to 3P view while performing a takedown
- Soldiers sometimes did not drop their weapons when dying in a vehicle. This has been resolved
- Made changes to areas where explosion damage would still reach out of range soldiers
- Fixed an issue where melee attacks could cause physical issues on transition areas such as slopes
- Fixed as bug where reviving and trying to melee didn’t cancel the revive
- Soldiers no longer clip into each other during takedown animations
- Fixed an issue where downed animations were not played correctly if the player died before others players spawned in
- Fixed an issue reviving an ally inside the elevator on Renewal wasn’t possible
- Added high quality animations for occluded soldier kill cams
- Spawning on a player that is prone will ensure you are now also in prone stance
- Prone behavior on steep slopes has been improved which should prevent instances of inaccurate dispersion while firing
- You are now able to go prone while walking backwards
- Player models would sometimes stick through walls while prone, which allowed them to be damaged. This should no longer happen
- Stairs or slopes should no longer sometimes show vaulting animations
- You should no longer sometimes see a stuttering animation when starting a slide
- Visuals for soldiers and vehicles popping into player view after being hidden has been made smoother
- Fixed an issue where the forward button had to be held for a short duration to enter ladders
- Jumping should no longer get interrupted directly after vaulting
- An issue has been resolved that prevented sliding immediately after climbing a ladder
- Jumping during a slide should now always trigger correctly
We felt that Paik’s EMG-X Scanner was not consistently worth using as an offensive tool as it caused her to become spotted, and thus vulnerable. We therefore removed this self-spotting effect, and slightly increased the spot duration of scanned enemies to make the Scanner more reliable for use.
- Increased the spot duration while using the EMG-X Scanner from 0.5 -> 0.85s
- Paik is no longer spotted when using the EMG-X Scanner
- Rao’s Hack effect should no longer last when in the passenger seat of a vehicle
- Rao’s hacking animation should no longer sometimes get stuck
- Rao’s hacking now properly goes through some penetrable or see through objects, while before it didn’t always do that
- Resolved discrepancies with Sundance Grenade Icons
- Sundance’s Wingsuit audio should no longer continue playing when entering a vehicle
- You should now be able to perform takedown while inside bushes
- Angel’s Loadout Crate should no longer block ladders
- The OV-P Recon Drone is now always destroyed when hit by air vehicles
- Bashing with Dozer’s SOB-8 Ballistic Shield should now always follow the enemy soldier
- The camera should no longer clip through structures when attacking with Dozer’s SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Ammo Crates and Medical Crates can no longer go through Irish’s DCS Deployable Cover
- Fixed an issue where hitting the back of a T90 MBT with Lis’ G-84 TGM would deal 1% damage
- Fixed issues with aircraft HUD disappearing when shooting and reloading the G-84 TGM from a passenger seat
- G-84 TGM camera missile visuals now properly interact with the sandstorm on Hourglass
- Lis’s animations should no longer sometimes clip during End of Round
- Reduced the brightness for Lis’s Armor Hunter trait
- Added support for Aim Based Icons Opacity. This new feature allows the opacity of icons to be adjusted based on how close or how far they are from the center of the screen. Icons at the center of the screen will be more transparent, whereas icons at the edge of the screen will be more opaque.
- This feature aims to prevent icons from blocking the visibility of enemy targets that you are aiming at. It is active at all times with greater effect when zoomed (very low opacity when the icon is in the center). Enemy player icons’ opacity are not affected by this feature.
- Added options to customize the area of the screen where the opacity is affected as well as the transparency in the periphery of the area or at the center of the screen when zoomed and not zoomed. The option can be found under DIsplay > HUD Icons.”
- Added a new HUD option called “Horizontal HUD Padding” which allows adjusting how far off the left and right side the HUD is positioned. When set to 0, elements such as the minimap and the inventory will be positioned at the edges of the screen. When set to 100, those elements will be close to the center. This option can be found under Display > HUD General
- Improved readability of nearby grenade threats through an updated grenade warning indicator icon. Animation, size and opacity scaling over distances adjustments have been made to ensure it’s easier to see the warning when the grenade isn’t in the player’s view
- In-world health bars, icons and names should now always be visible on unoccupied and friendly vehicles
- Fixed issues with distance not being visible on location, danger and objective pings when these icons are sticking to edge of screen
- Adjusted helicopter rotor transparency in 1P view to reduce potential photosensitivity risks.
- Ammo counters and the actual replenish time are now fully synced properly on vehicle weapon pods.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the MV38-Condor to not take off while in flight mode
- Fixed an issue where the reload timer on missiles would stay on screen after switching weapons.
- The spark element for miniguns has been adapted to light level so it doesn’t block player view while in low-light environments
- A Minigun/20mm shell eject effect has been added for the MD540 Nightbird
- Added 25mm shell eject effects for aircraft Anti-Aircraft weapon
- Collision damage has been updated for light vs heavy air vehicles. This does not mean the vehicles are immediately destroyed while colliding, but they will take more damage than before
50mm Air Cannon Pod (Condor / Hind)
We felt the offensive capabilities from the MV-38 Condor and Mi-240 Super Hind against infantry were still too strong. We are adjusting their 50mm Cannon to help further limit their impact on infantry, and to put more focus on these helicopters being intended as a means of transport.
- Ammo count reduced from 12 to 8
- Blast radius reduced from 5 -> 3.5m
- Replenish time increased from 3.5 -> 6s
We are adjusting the EBAA WILDCAT’s anti-air capabilities to ensure these weapons are more effective in their intended use of dealing with air vehicles.
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles – Damage increased from 130 -> 210. This means it’s now a 2-hit kill against the Nightbird and Jets, and will leave Attack Helicopters at critical HP.
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles lock on range increased from 400 -> 600m
- Dual 30mm AA Cannons minimum damage has been removed. It now always does the same damage at all ranges
- Dual 30mm AA Cannons now do slightly more damage against Jets and all Helicopters
RAH-68 Huron / YG-99 Hannibal
We felt the Stealth Helicopter 30mm Cannon Pods were too powerful against infantry because they could be fired for extended periods of time and leaving little opportunity for infantry to retaliate. We have therefore increased the overheat speed for these Cannons to limit their impact on infantry.
- Increased overheat of the 30mm Cannon Pods on the RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal
- The wrong keybind is no longer being displayed for the Equipment Slot in the Gunner seat for RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal
- Adjusted entry icon position on the YG-99 Hannibal/ RAH-68 Huron
- Fixed an issue where Shotguns were dealing damage up to 300m. They no longer deal damage above 200m.
- For those fired upon from distances with a shotgun, it means less instances of falsely giving you feedback that you might be in danger. For shotgun wielders, it should no longer mistakenly give you the indication that you could effectively eliminate your target from such distances
- The Incendiary Grenade launcher no longer one shots enemies
- Reduced the peripheral blur around weapon scopes when zoomed in to aid with general visibility
- M5A3 barrel is no longer visible through some scopes
- BKS Scope no longer clips with camera in NTW-50
- Ghostmaker R10 barrel is no longer visible through certain scopes
- A number of scopes have been updated to ensure a larger playable area is visible when Aiming Down Sights
- Tweaked shell eject effects so that the shell casings aren’t visible when ADSing with the PSO-1 scope
- Fixed an issue that was breaking scope visuals on the BKS 8X and SDB 10X when certain underbarrels were equipped
- The Target 8T 1.25-4.5X scope is no longer missing its “Toggle Optic” label
- Buckshot Shell’s default magazine now has the correct magazine size icon
- The MP28 default red-dot sight is now using the correct icon
- Fixed an issue that was causing incorrect visuals to be displayed through scopes with some skins
- Full Auto mode on the BSV-M no longer provides Recoil Compensation and instead gives a 15% Dispersion Penalty
- Adjusted the BSV-M High Power Magazine damage dropoff to begin at 50m instead of 100m
- Fixed an issue where the BSV-M would not get reduced recoil while using the bipod
- Fixed an issue where the BSV-M magazine size in the HUD did not match the one equipped on the weapon
- Reduced K30 ammo type damage for Subsonic, Standard Issue and High-Power rounds
- Subsonic, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- Subsonic, 30-40m – 18 dmg > 15 dmg
- Standard Issue, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- High-Power, 0-10m – 22 dmg > 18 dmg
- Reduced the M5A3 Close Combat rounds damage
- 0-20m – 22 -> 18 damage
- Reduced the MP9 Close Combat rounds damage
- 0-5m – 28 -> 22 damage
- 30-40m – 22 -> 18 damage
- Reduced the size of the Masterkey’s attachment crosshairs
- Players would take damage from the initial impact of the 40mm Incendiary launcher, but not the fire itself. Players will now burn as expected
- Firing an underbarrel now also spots you on the minimap
- Fixed a broken animation that would sometimes play when triggering an underbarrel attachment while being in the Plus Menu
- An underbarrel icon will now be displayed while ADSing in Launcher/Masterkey mode
- Added missing Default underbarrel to the Hazard Zone M5A3
- Fire Mode UI icon is now present while using underbarrel attachments
- Fire Mode Key bind is no longer present while using underbarrel attachments
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Dr Disrespect enjoying Battlefield 2042 thanks to new update
Battlefield 2042’s first season has had great reception since it was released, with Dr Disrespect loving the brand-new map and update.
Popular streamer Guy Beahm, aka ‘Dr Disrespect’, has been enjoying the new Battlefield 2042 update and map, claiming it’s the best thing to happen to the franchise in years.
Battlefield 2042’s Season 1 update dropped on June 9, and despite a rough launch for the game, the new update is starting to turn heads and gain popularity.
The Battlefield 2042 Season 1 patch didn’t just fix a bunch of the issues players were having with the game, it also introduced some great new content such as the new map, Exposure, which players are loving.
Dr Disrespect seems to share the same opinion, recently enjoying the game on stream.
Battlefield 2042 got off to a rough start when it launched back in November 2021. Players were disappointed with the lack of content, as well as being disappointed with the number of bugs and issues the game had.
- Read more: Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
One major issue the community had was with the map design, but thankfully, the new update has brought a map that everyone seems to be enjoying, even Dr Disrespect, who is often openly critical of the franchise.
While streaming Battlefield 2042 on June 17, 2022, Dr Disrespect stated that the new map Exposure is “the best thing to happen to Battlefield in years”.
The Doc applauds the devs for the new update and map, saying “finally, a good decision,” as it seems he too was disappointed with some of the choices that were made by the dev team.
Battlefield 2042 has undergone a lot of change since its release, and many weren’t happy with decisions like the removal of the Scoreboard, which has now been brought back. With that being said, it seems the devs are dedicated to improving the experience in Battlefield 2042.
It’s great to see many enjoying the new map and giving Battlefield 2042 another chance, especially as the devs have been hard at work to make the game better for players.
Despite the love for Battlefield 2042’s first season, CoD fans believe Modern Warfare 2 could kill off the franchise for good.
Image Credits: DICE
Huge Black Ops 4 campaign leak reveals scrapped ‘Career’ mode details & concept art
Black Ops 4's scrapped campaign has reportedly appeared online in a huge leak showing off concept art and breaking down...
Warzone expert claims overlooked LMG’s TTK outshines best weapons in Season 4 Reloaded
According to a Warzone expert an underrated LGM can surpass the KG M40 as the best long-range weapon in Season...
Wattson’s fence unusable in Apex Legends despite Season 14 fixes
Players are having trouble with Wattson's fences yet again in Apex Legends, despite the Legend receiving fixes in Season 14...