Battlefield 2042 devs DICE are releasing a huge patch on December 2, adding new challenges and fixing major issues such as hit registration, UI, and more. Here are the full update #3 patch notes.
Although being delayed by a month, Battlefield 2042 has been heavily criticized for its buggy launch. However, DICE have been hard at work fixing all of the issues plaguing the game.
There are over 150 individual fixes to the maps, as well as other bug fixes and changes across all aspects of the game.
Battlefield 2042 Update #3 release time
Battlefield 2042’s Update #3 will go live at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT on December 2, 2021.
New Battlefield 2042 weekly challenges
The December 2 update will bring brand-new weekly missions to Battlefield 2042, where players can earn XP and unique cosmetics rewards.
DICE revealed that there will be three new missions on the main menu each week, and if you finish them all, “you’ll receive a unique cosmetic reward!”
Battlefield 2042 hit detection fixes
Battlefield 2042 players have complained about hit detection issues since the game launched, and Update #3 is their first step towards fixing the issue.
They confirmed that they have “Fixed some issues that prevented visual hits from registering when firing on an enemy target.”
- Read more: Best SVK loadout for Battlefield 2042
They also noted that further improvements are still being investigated.
Battlefield 2042 menu & UI changes
Battlefield 2042’s update #3 has also brought “several improvements within the Collection screen menus to make customizing your loadout and Plus Menu easier.”
They said that this will bring “less clicking around” and make it “easier to understand which attachments are locked, in use, equippable, or newly unlocked within your Collection.”
Also, there have been several UI changes while in-game, such as “increased visibility and reduced clutter through for example player world icons now scaling with distance.” They’ve also added “IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) marker improvements, and indicators for nearby players who you can revive or be revived by, or who is low on ammo or health.”
Plus, there will also be “smoother transitioning between game menus, the Options menu, and matchmaking.”
Battlefield 2042 update #3 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- The Recent Players screen now include everyone from previous matches to allow for easier user reporting
- Made improvements to the “Interaction” system by switching the default “INTERACT” text on multiple interactions to reflect the action you are about to do, i.e. “OPEN CONTAINER”, “CALL ELEVATOR”
- Resolved Kaleidoscope server room lighting issue
- Resolved an issue related to the velocity / trajectory while spawning in jets
- Improved helicopter animation in level fly-bys during insertion
- Improvements to address an issue where players killed in vehicles would fall beneath level geometry
- Improvements to streaming assets in deploy screen presentation
- Player no longer gets stuck in a zipline/rope after exiting a vehicle after entering it too close to a zipline or rope
- Exiting an open seat early in the enter animation no longer causes your aim pitch to lock up
- Correct field of view is applied immediately following insertion sequences
- Improved the Collection screens, making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the Collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Enhancements to our Player Card screen and End of Round (EOR) to provide additional polish
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Improved screen transitions when entering and returning to the Main Menu
- Improved Report a Player flows, specifically around toxicity and cheating reports
- The in-game scoreboard now properly scales to match screen safe-zone settings
- Fixed instances where the scroll function didn’t work in the Options screens
- Implemented Focus restoration for screens so the focused button is remembered when re-entering a screen
- Fixed visual effects remain on screen during End of Round
- Improved responsiveness of CommoRose opening
- Fixed inactive objectives showing in the CommoRose for defenders in Rush & Breakthrough
- Fixed objectives not showing in the CommoRose for attackers in Rush
Matchmaking & Friends
- Improved the experience between EOR and the Main Menu
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed
- Improved Crossplay invite flows
- Fixed Rich presence update issues, ensuring that your friends are better able to track where you are in Game
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start
- Fixes to Friend Invitations for players on PC
- Fixed an issue where the friends list was sometimes not fully up to date
Progression and Unlocks
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 Dark Market Credits for Hazard Zone
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability
- Improved Mastery rank tracking
- Improved reliability of Player card tracking
- The required level to unlock an item is no longer visible once the item is unlocked
- Fixed a bug where Mastery Badges weren’t displaying within the Portal Collection menu
- Fixed an issue that was not properly awarding XP for Angel resupplies
- 3D preview of vehicles now displays the correct customizations in the Collection menu
- Added a notification when reaching a new Player Card Badge tier
- Added a notification when reaching a new Mastery tier
- Addressed a variety of visual flickering and stuttering issues
- Improvements to water rendering when Aiming Down Sight (ADS)
- Added sight definition for iron sights to allow correct ADS for the VCAR
- Leaving ADS is now smoother than before on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
- Addressed multiple graphical issues affecting water reflections
- Addressed an issue with character rendering for players joining a match in progress
- Made improvements to artifacts affecting DLSS implementation
- Fixed flickering in the oasis water in El Alamein on deploy
- Fixed animations sometimes glitching when picking up a weapon from the ground
- Fixed Aircrafts sometimes showing up with wrong landing gear visuals
- Fixed issue that would cause incorrect bullet impact effects when shooting near water
- Fixed Ju-87 Stuka Gunner Seat firing visual effects not aligning properly with the airplane
- Shifted PSO-1 Scope forward on AN94 to prevent clipping into screen while idle
- Fixed skinning issues for several PP-29 Weapon Skins
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps
- Improved level geometry issues across all levels addressing issues such players getting snagged or trapped
- Resolved multiple spawning issues
- Resolved visual glitches such as lens flare, visible seams in skydome
- Resolved a large number of collision and placement issues
- Addressed issues affecting local audio placement in multiple Maps
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Made improvements to visual presentation of Dark Market Credits
- Modified the Squad and Player Screen to remove enemy squad names
- Modified the Scoreboard to no longer show connected enemy players
- Added additional flares to Extraction Zone, offering players better visibility of extraction area, as well as providing additional cover
- Added new spawn locations for initial Data Capsules
- Increased the amount of Data Drives initial Data Capsules can contain
- Made improvements to the Data Drive Scanner’s accuracy and enemy identification
- Resolved an issue where two teams could extract simultaneously
- Resolved warnings to alert players they’re being scanned sometimes not appearing
- Made it easier to interact with Data Drive pick-ups
- Added a distance read-out for the next available Extraction Point
- Improved the end-of-round camera placement
- The “Modify” button in the lobby now takes you back to the Perk tab
- Initial Data Capsules now only spawn a maximum of 4-6 Opposing Forces
- Drones inside the extraction Condor will now be destroyed upon leaving
- Added XP for completely eliminating an enemy squad
- The Redeploy icon is now part of the soldier and vehicle world icon
- Fixed players sometimes being able to pick up more than their max capacity of Data Drives
- Fixed instances where the Round Bonus XP was inaccurate and the End of Round was not triggering correctly
- Fixed an issue where the countdown in the lobby would not start if the player was tabbed out
- Reduced width of lobby summary information
- Added an animation and audio cue when the player’s Remaining Balance changes in the lobby
- Combined Tactical Items tab into a single tab in the lobby
- Made lock icon visuals more clear while in the lobby
- Added an option to Quit from the waiting for players to join and pre-round lobby menu
- Fixed an issue in the lobby that made it difficult to understand what Tactical Items are being selected
- Fixed an issue where voice over would get cut off too early at the end of round
- Fixed issues with voice over heard by extracting players
- Fixed issues with random audio triggers for the Data Drive Scanner
- Fixed missing music when squad gets eliminated
- Added Server Info for the Pause Menu
- Added support for reporting a server from the Pause Menu
- Added support for server admins to write periodic server messages
- Simplified the Server Settings screen design
- Fixed an issue where bullet spread would be too high when trying to fire while zoomed right after sprinting for some Portal weapons
- Fixed maximum human players displaying incorrectly in the Modifiers Tab for FFA game modes
- Added different loading music based on which Portal map is loading
- Setting a low Max Health multiplier for vehicles will no longer cause them to spawn in on fire
- Aircraft within Portal now display their equipped missiles and bombs correctly
- Added a UI indicator for Rush to show when the next sector will start
- Fixed a visual issue while reloading several Launchers (RPG-7, SMAW, Bazooka, Panzerschreck)
- Rush game mode layouts for all 2042 All-Out Warfare maps (through Portal)
- New official Vehicle Team Deathmatch game mode
- New official Team & FFA Gun Master templates
- New official Infection template
- Added the ability to detect what players were killed with in order to apply additional Logic
- Enable the portal SetTeamId block to be usable with AI
- Fixed spotting issues for the Binoculars
- Fixed an issue that caused the M3 Halftrack and Sd. Kfz 251 Halftrack to sometimes dip into the terrain
- Fixed an issue that caused the 9K22 Tunguska-M to take too much damage from some vehicle MG’s
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Improved the M416 reload animation
- The Tracer Dart now locks successfully on tagged vehicle
- Mortar Strike can no longer be fired while not zoomed
- Additional tuning to the UAV-1
- Fixed a bug that could cause the M3A3 Bradley primary and APFSDS-T Shells to continue firing uninterrupted
- Fixed a bug that prevented the SOFLAM and MAV gadgets maintaining their previous aim direction when a player re-entered them
- Fixed a bug that caused the MAV, EOD Bot and SOFLAM gadgets to show a preview model after it had already been placed
- Added new and classic voice over lines for damaging/killing an enemy with a Defibrillator using BF3 Assault characters
- The Mi-28 Havoc and AH-64 Apache Rocket Pods now have the same reload time
- EOD Bot now has a Vehicle Status Icon to assist with driver orientation
- Rebalanced the Su-35BM Flanker-E to match the health of other jets
- The FGM-148 Javelin now has two distinct firing types
- Balancing pass on C-RAM and Pantsir stationary
- Increased the reload time for Guided Rocket
- Fixed passive spotting issues for the MAV
- Made a series of visual, audio, and gameplay improvements to weapons, vehicles, and gadgets
- Improved the Plus Menu customization experience
- Fixed navigational issues on the Player Card Collection screen
- Added a new Options to select damage the indicator color for soldiers and vehicles
- Added a new crosshair option to change damage indicator shape thickness between: Thin – Medium – Thick’
- Replaced the “Accessibility” button in the Experience Selection with “Accessibility & Options”
- Fixed the color picker preview in Options menu often showing black, instead of the actual color
- Pinged objects now remain visible when occluded
- Tuned information spamming in Conquest, reducing the amount of messages that appear in the world log. In particular we reduced messages about flag state changes so that they’re not as distracting
- Tuned capture times for Breakthrough
- Improved out of bounds defender spawning in Breakthrough to ensure easier safe spawning
- Made improvements to the Breakthrough UI to enable you to better track round progress in the form of a Game Mode Widget
- The Game Mode Widget inside the Scoreboard has been updated to put emphasis on sectors and attackers reinforcements. Note that it only displays while playing Breakthrough and Rush
- Elapsed time is now added and trackable in both the Scoreboard & Deploy Screen.
- Added a pulsating effect on the Team 1 (attacker) score and progress bar when their tickets are =< 25% of their initial tickets. This is also present in the GMW in the HUD, Scoreboard and Deploy Screen for both Rush and Breakthrough
- Made UI improvements to indicate when the attacking team has reached the last sector
- Made UI improvements to indicate when the defending team loses a sector
- Fixed an issue that could cause the End of Round screen to display inaccurate scores for the attacking team
Dynamic World Improvements
- Addressed issues for VFX affecting late-joiners
- Made improvements to correctly align the bridge behavior on Kaleidoscope for late joiners to the match
- Made improvements to correctly align the destructive silos state for late joiners in Renewal and Orbital
- Improved interaction of SG-36 Sentry Gun and elevators
- Quality of Life fixes and improvements to interact prompts
- Tornado and smoke visual effect improvements
- Resolved a large number of collision issues with large scale animation events
- Improved location-based sandstorm audio experience
- Improvements to destruction audio
- Adjusted the timing for automatic doors
- Added a UI element that shows nearby players that can revive you within 50m when downed
- Added a UI element that shows incoming revivers when downed and pinged by a player that intends to revive you
- When low on ammo or health, nearby friendly players within 50m will now show a resource icon above their head indicating that they can provide you with health or ammo
- Increased Big Map Resolution for improved navigation
- Added health bars on enemy vehicles (up to 200m) and enemy soldiers when looked at (up to 50m)
- All player world icons now scale over distance, making them smaller when far away in an effort to reduce icons cluttering the screen
- Time before revive completion is now visible for the downed player when being revived
- Fixed an issue where friendly player icons would sometimes not be hidden behind walls, which caused screen clutter
- Fixed an issue where friendly soldiers are missing their blue UI icons when a player is in a downed state
- Fixed an issue where some player names don’t show when looking at multiple soldiers or vehicles next to each other
- Changed the visibility behavior of the fire mode icon in the HUD. By default, the fire mode icon is now visible if it is currently possible to change fire-mode. The behavior can be changed to allow the fire mode icon to always be visible (even if it’s not possible to change fire mode) or turned off. The option is called “Fire Mode Indicator” under “HUD” Options
- Added an option that allows for the disabling of the button prompts visible in the HUD
- Added message about which player healed you when getting healed by other players
- Added message about which player shared ammo when getting ammo from other players
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers on squad members do not change with colorblind option
- Improved visibility of IFF marks over distances
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers would not be visible when using low video settings
- Fixed an issue where the HUD/UI sometimes wasn’t visible when joining a Portal game after quitting the previous Portal match
- Reload UI hints now stop pulsating after 4 seconds
- Added an option to show or hide button prompts in the HUD
- Added an option to show or hide the Reactive hints in the HUD (reload, low on ammo etc…)
- Added an option to customize the visibility of the fire mode indicator’s prompt and icon in the HUD (When available, Always ON, ADS Only)
- Fixed issue where Bots sometimes didn’t revive players
- Improved Bots helicopter handling
- Improved Bots combat behaviors
- Improved Bots gamemode behaviors
- Improved reliability of various ability sounds when offscreen, such as reiving, SOB-8 Ballistic Shield, flares, wingsuit, parachute, vehicle smoke discharges and system repairs
- Improved weapon audio for enemies firing at the player, including at a distance
- Switched lock-on warning sound with incoming missile warning sound
- Tweaked audio during End of Round
- Added a ping sound for “Request Revive” to help mark your location
- Tweaked the sound when pinging a downed friendly player
- Made improvements to ground vehicle gear shifts and suspension sounds
- Warning and Transmission sounds will no longer repeat on vehicle low health
- Switched locked on warning sound with incoming missile warning sound
- Added audio for damaged engine fires on vehicles
- It’s now easier to hear the LCAA Hovercraft when it’s behind players
- Loadout Crate
- Players that require armor and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will throw the armor to the outlined player.
- When using the Loadout Crate, players can now scroll if more than 4 loadouts are available
- Visual effects and polish on destruction and despawning of Loadout Crate
- The cooldown for the resupply action on the Loadout Crate is now shared between Loadout Crates
- Added a unique sound when picking up armor
- Added the ability to self-apply armor with Angel’s Supply Bag
- Loadout Crate can now no longer be called-in when underneath tall buildings
- Added a hand gesture animation when placing the Loadout Crate
- Angels armor and ammo supply pouch now auto targets towards friendlies with low ammo and not only low armor
- Fixed an issue where switching to Irish via Portals SetPlayersSoldier command would cause the Deployable Cover ability to not play any animations
- Updated Irish’s gadget preview video found on the “More Info” screen
- DCS Deployable Cover
- Fixed an issue where the DCS Deployable Cover Minimap Icon was not displayed correctly
- Improved reliability of the DCS Deployable Cover’s deployable placement allowing placement on more angled surfaces
- SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield didn’t block bullets when inside an elevator.
- Fixed an issue where Dozer would not be targeted by Boris’s SG-36 Sentry Gun and AI ignoring the user while having a SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t enter vehicles while the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield was equipped
- Fixed an issue where reviving is hard to perform while having the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped
- Fixed an issue where killing a player with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield would also take the victim’s dogtag.
- Fixed an issue where players were flung up in the air after being melee’d by Dozers with his shield equipped
- Fixed a bug where Dozer could steal a takedown kill from friendlies using shield bash
- Reduced Dozer’s deflection damage from his shield
- Removed the headshot multiplier from Dozer’s deflection damage
- Cyber Warfare Suite
- Added a short grace period for Rao’s Cyber Warfare Suite when something occludes the target being hacked. This will help most frequently when trying to hack vehicles that may be driving in front of trees
- Fixed issue where the Cyber Warfare Suite would trigger “Enemy Hacked” voice over without eligible enemies being present
- EMG-X Scanner
- Added a sound effect for the victims being scanned by the EMG-X Scanner
- Fixed missing sound for AR-Scanner when owner of ability is out of view
- The EMG-X Scanner should now be able to spot targets above or below Paik.
- Disabled the usage of EMG-X Scanner while inside vehicles
- Fixed the EMG-X Scanner’s “target found” audio effect not working for targets beyond 20m
- OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where user is unable to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone while in a prone position
- Improved the visibility of Enemy Recon Drones; they now have lights making them easier to see
- Players now switch back to their previous weapon after exiting the OV-P Recon Drone
- Updated OV-P Recon Drone EMP hint message to clarify that firing requires a lock on
- Increased the range of the EMP on the OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where Casper’s OV-P Recon Drone is sometimes unable to lock onto enemy targets
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s movement speed
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s hitbox size to make it easier to hit.
- Adjusted the “near drone” spotting distance
- Adjusted the size of the spotting area when controlling the drone’s camera view.
- SG-36 Sentry Gun
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun will now be destroyed when the owner dies instead of when the owner is downed
- Fixed an issue where Boris’ SG-36 Sentry Gun would not be able to acquire targets that are near a vehicle
- Moved Sundance’s scatter grenade to detonate after first bounce to allow victims the chance to move away if they are thrown at low altitude
- Fixed an issue where the repair tool crosshair was visible in the wingsuit when you entered the wingsuit whilst having the repair tool equipped
- Fixed an issue when undeploying and then deploying the Wingsuit can cause 1p view while flying
- Grenade Belt
- Fixed an issue where the Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade could get stuck circling in air after the targeted vehicle deploys counter-measures or attempt to target another vehicle instead
- Adjusted the behavior of Sundance’s splitter fragment grenades to bounce once before detonating
- S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added Lock On and Lock Off sounds for S21 Syrette Pistol for when a target is designated by the magnetism of the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Players that require health and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will fire at the outlined target.
- Added healing VFX for when you’re being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added sound feedback for when being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Grappling Hook
- Fixed an issue where the Grappling Hook rope got misaligned in front of the gadget after changing FOV settings
- Fixed the vault after the Grappling Hook animation where it could cause camera jerks or provide no animation at all
- Reduced damage of the Grapple Gun
- Fixed issue where missile countermeasures sometimes didn’t work, causing missiles to not blow up and instead reacquire the same target
- Made exit position from vehicles more consistent
- Made improvements to controller vibration for vehicles
- Fixed an issue where the MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons hitting the ground can appear frozen
- Balanced MD540 Nightbird Mounted Miniguns spread buildup and convergence
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief & KA-520 Super Hokum 127mm Anti-Vehicle Rocket Packs will no longer have blast impulse upon firing
- Fixed an issue where a player driving the LCAA Hovercraft can not be shot through the front window
- Fixed the F-35E Panther repair system ability missing from customisation
- Added an option to have vehicle boost as toggle or hold
- Fixed an issue where vehicles took double damage when getting hit through glass
- Improved TOW Missile Projectiles flying behavior
- Removed blast impulse on Attack Helicopters Anti Vehicle Rocket which caused nudging of vehicles on hit
- Fixed instances where vehicles sometimes would become stuck on world geometry
- Fixed an issue which prevented the Ranger from turning into a ragdoll when destroyed. Destroying the Ranger will look a lot more natural now.
- Fixed a bug where Ranger would lose connection to player who called them in after being downed
- Fixed some wheeled vehicles continuing to roll backwards when reverse is released
- Adjusted FOV sense of speed effect on vehicles
- Land vehicles could sometimes get “stuck” when driving on top of something that makes all or most of the wheels lose contact with the ground. It should now be easier to become unstuck from these situations by giving normal throttle and steering input
- Fixed kill camera going under ground when killed in a vehicle
- Fixed some issues that prevented visual hits from registering when firing on an enemy target. Note: further improvements are still being investigated
- Fixed the 8X Scope having a faster ADS time than the others
- Fixed M44 revolver chambering an extra bullet; it will now correctly reload 5 bullets instead of 6.
- Fixed an issue where a soldier is unable to shoot after getting hacked while in a vehicle
- Reduced switch back to weapon delay after throwing grenade
- Fixed an exploit that allowed to have unlimited ammo and rapid-fire grenades from the 40mm Underbarrel Attachments
- The 40mm AP projectile no longer incorrectly shows a proximity indicator
- Ammunition can now be supplied to 40mm Underbarrel Attachments and their different ammunition types
- Adjusted reticle position and brightness on PK-A and Kobra, making these optics easier to use
- Reduced effectiveness of the NTW-50 against vehicles
- Anti Materiel Rounds magazine size increased to 5
- Lowered Anti Materiel Rounds damage multiplier against heavy vehicles
- Lowered Anti Materiel Heavy Rounds damage multiplier against all vehicles
- Gadgets no longer pause their cooldown when the player enters a vehicle
- Gadgets will move with elevators rather than getting destroyed
- Carl Gustaf, RPG, Wildcat AA missiles, Bolte missile barrage will not re-lock onto vehicles if they have been flared
- Adjusted glass on Orbital to allow grenades to pass through windows instead of bouncing back at players
CG Recoilless M5
- Fixed a bug where the CG Recoilless M5 would not lose its lock on to enemy air vehicles when locked on via SOFLAM Designator and the target deployed countermeasures
- Adjusted range finder and time of flight information on the Recoilless M5 to better mirror its proper gameplay capabilities / timings
- Fixed a bug where the C5 Explosive blast damage was sometimes inconsistent when trying to detonate the C5 Explosive on a moving vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the C5 Explosive server and client positions were not correctly synced
- Adjusted the deploy time of the C5 Explosive and reduced the delay before allowing it to be detonated to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed an issue where the visual SOFLAM Designator UI elements are still present on the screen when switching to other gadgets while zoomed
- Fixed the SOFLAM Designator’s tooltip text being misaligned
- Fixed an issue that caused Mines and other deployables to not trigger sound effects when deployed from inside a vehicle
Medical Crate and Ammo Crate
- Fixed issue where the Medical Crate healing cooldown was triggered when at Full HP.
- Adjusted Medical and Ammo crates’ trajectory to align with the animation of the throw and address jitter
- Improved responsiveness of Medical and Ammo crates deployment. It is now possible to throw them a lot quicker after selecting them
- Fixed an issue where the resupply animation would not play when resupplying gadgets from the Ammo Crate
- Changed the detonation behavior of the Smoke Grenade; it will now bounce once before detonating
- Fixed an issue where Smoke Grenades could be destroyed by bullets or explosions
- Fixed an issue where the VO was not triggering when an enemy Specialists’ Smoke Grenade has been thrown
- Ensured that the grenade warning icon does not draw under certain elements of the HUD like the minimap
- Fixed an issue where the Repair Tool can repair vehicles while not facing the vehicle.
- Improved the Repair Tool so that it is quicker to equip and put away
- Fixed an issue where picking up an Insertion Beacon would not make any sounds.
- EMP now blocks spawning on Insertion Beacons
- Reduced the delay before the Insertion Beacon is placed after throwing it
FXM-33 AA Missile
- The FXM-33 AA Missile reload sound effect will now appropriately fit the animation of reloading
- Extended the animation of the FXM-33 AA Missile reload
- Added turn in place animations for one-handed and two-handed gadgets
- Proning with your legs dangling in the air will push you off that object, however allowing for time to correct yourself
- Reduced occurrences where Specialists can be seen with low quality animations in the distance
- Adjusted the pose of the legs when falling to avoid legs blocking the view
- Adjusted soldier animations when swimming.
- Various visual adjustments and fixes for Specialists
- Addressed issues where players prone on thin surfaces could be seen floating in the air. They will now tend to fall if the surface is not large enough.
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in swimming state on ground
- Fixed missing weapon deploy animation when transitioning from water to land.
- Fixed issues where the soldier would sometimes not properly follow the ground when sliding
- Fixed an issue where jumping would be buffered if holding jump when trying to stand up from crouch or prone pose
- Fixed an issue where it is not possible to look up and down enough while prone on a slope
- Fixed an issue where character hands were not in contact with ladders when FOV was higher than default
- Fixed an issue where you could turn and see your own headless first person body while on ladders
- Fixed an issue where setting the “Always Traversal Sprint” Option would sometimes not allow the player to traversal sprint with the intended speed
- Fixed an issue where attempting to traversal sprint while swimming resulted in an incorrect swimming animation.
- Fixed an issue where your first person soldier would sometimes not play the correct sprint animation
- Fixed an issue where certain vehicle weapons could deal damage to soldiers by damaging the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where your third person animation could get stuck in a prone turn in place loop even though you had stopped turning
- Adjusted the timing of sound of takedowns on enemies being prone
- Improved the speed in which the weapon switches when watching another player melee attack
- Decreased the range in which you can melee a player
- You can no longer perform a takedown on a soldier climbing a ladder
- Meleeing unoccupied light vehicles now allows you to slightly push the vehicle which can help when vehicles get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes got thrown up in the air while using melee
- Fixed takedowns on enemies lying prone not working from all angles
- Fixed an animation issue while taking down an enemy that is prone on stairs
- Fixed a camera bug for meleeing players while standing on a moving platform
- Fixed a bug where melee attacks in water could put the player in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where players were able to gain velocity by hopping on and off a ladder and hit melee
For more Battlefield 2042, you can also check out all of the fastest ways to level up.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes: Stability improvements, major bug fixes & Portal XP changes
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s 3.2 update, which includes tank buffs, changes to Portal XP, and major bug fixes.
Battlefield 2042’s first update of 2022 has arrived, with Update 3.2 bringing major bug fixes, stability improvements, changes to Portal XP, and buffs to the M1A5 and T28 tanks.
Battlefield 2042 has been plagued by major bugs and glitches over the holidays, but DICE are working on getting the game back on track. Alongside announcing the 3.3 Update in February, which finally brings a Scoreboard, they’ve also dropped the Update 3.2 patch notes.
This update will include Portal XP buffs as well as some major bug fixes, so here are the full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 release date
- Portal XP buffed in Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2
- Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 release date & time
Battlefield 2042’s 3.2 Update will release on January 20 at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT.
DICE confirmed that there won’t be any downtime for the update, so you can play as soon as the update is downloaded.
Portal XP buffed in Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2
DICE revealed that they’re buffing Portal XP with the 3.2 update, “increasing the per minute XP cap across all Battlefield Portal modes to 300.”
They’re also changing it so that the XP earned in each experience “will now be determined by which modifiers you use, and whether the Rules Editor, Damage/Health modifiers, or AI are enabled.” You can check out all of the changes in the image above.
A future update will include a UI indicator showing if a created mode will have progression restrictions.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 – improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor – the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
Battlefield 2042’s Update 3.3 will drop in February and the long-awaited Season 1 is expected to arrive in March.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 devs give first look at upcoming Scoreboard redesign
Battlefield 2042’s devs have confirmed that a Scoreboard is on its way, and have revealed what its first iteration will look like.
Battlefield 2042 players have been desperate to see the classic Scoreboard return, and DICE have finally announced it’s on the way and given us an idea of what they’re working on.
Battlefield 2042 was one of the most anticipated games of 2021 but ended up having one of the franchise’s poorest launches. Performance issues, overpowered vehicles, and wide-open maps turned away veterans and new players alike, causing 2018’s Battlefield V to have a higher player count.
One of the classic features that were missing was the Scoreboard, but the devs have now confirmed that they plan on bringing it back in a future update. And not only that, but they also gave us a first look at the Scoreboard they have planned.
Battlefield has always featured a Scoreboard, allowing you to see the kills, deaths, and score of every player in the game. This feature was missing from Battlefield 2042, instead only giving players their own stats.
The community has been begging DICE to bring back this classic feature, and on January 19, they finally acknowledged that it will arrive in February’s Update 3.3.
“Update 3.3 we will refresh our existing Scoreboard UI with a new panel that showcases how players are stacking up across the server,” revealed DICE. They then attached a “first look at our Work in Progress.”
Battlefield 2042 Scoreboard design
Battlefield 2042’s new Scoreboard design shows every player on your team’s Score, Kills, Assists, Revives, Captures, and Defences. It also has the player’s own Kills, Assists, and Deaths, as well as the Match Overview.
“Scoreboard will receive further updates beyond this refresh – this isn’t a one and done deal for us,” they explained. “Expect to see us iterate on this further once it’s live in game, and we look forward to your feedback once this new Scoreboard goes live in February.”
Asking for feedback, Battlefield 2042’s Community Manager Kevin ‘T0TALfps’ Johnson said: “This is only Phase 1 of [the Scoreboard], and through your feedback, improvements will be made!”
Players were more than happy to reveal the features they want to see. Many still want to see the deaths of every player in the match, and others want to see the other team’s Scoreboard as well.
Battlefield 2042’s Update 3.3 is scheduled to release in February, with data mines indicating that Season 1 – the first major content drop – will begin in March.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Battlefield 2042 is so broken that cheat sellers are closing shop
It appears that cheaters are leaving Battlefield 2042 behind as the game is so broken that the cheats don’t work properly.
While cheaters have been plaguing top multiplayer titles such as Warzone and Halo, it appears that Battlefield 2042’s multitude of bugs and performance issues are preventing cheats from working properly, so sellers are closing shop.
Even though hype for Battlefield 2042 was at an all-time high after it was announced, cheaters were a worry niggling in players’ minds. DICE sought to reassure players by announcing their anti-cheat plans, but it appears these hackers are being deterred by something else entirely.
It has been reported that alongside the declining player base, Battlefield 2042’s performance issues are stopping these cheats from working properly, so they’re not being sold anymore.
Battlefield 2042 uses Easy Anti-Cheat – the same provider as Apex Legends and Fortnite. However, Battlefield 2042 costs around $60, so while cheaters certainly exist, it hasn’t suffered the same way these other games have.
But it appears that cheaters might be leaving Battlefield 2042 for good as the player base is too small to be worth the provider’s time, and the game is so broken that their cheats don’t even work properly.
This was first reported by industry insider Tom Henderson, who tweeted that a Battlefield 2042 cheat provider is suspending its services to the game, and “it’s not because of Anti-cheat.”
“It’s because [Battlefield 2042’s] performance makes the cheats not work properly,” he revealed, sharing a screenshot that seems to be from a cheat seller’s Discord.
In this screenshot, the cheat seller announced, “We will discontinue BF2042 from our store.”
“The reason for this decision is the ongoing performance issue of the game which affects the cheat,” they explained. “And that most people don’t use their subscription anymore since the game is dying.”
They aren’t the only ones. Couple of providers stopped support cause the userbase isn’t there to justify working on the cheat LOL— NYSL Mavriq (@MavriqGG) January 13, 2022
“They aren’t the only ones,” claimed content creator Mavriq. “Couple of providers stopped support cause the userbase isn’t there to justify working on the cheat.”
While a declining player base is never good for a game’s longevity, perhaps hardcore players will find some comfort in knowing that cheaters aren’t bothering to ruin matches of Battlefield 2042.
The devs appear committed to getting the game back on track though, with the Game Director giving a reassuringly candid response to complaints.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Are Apex Legends servers down? Current server status
We've found a great way to check Apex Legends' server status for all regions so you can see whether or...
How to vote for 12th man in FIFA 22 TOTY
Following the reveal of the TOTY squad, Ultimate Team players will get a chance to vote for the TOTY 12th...
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes: Stability improvements, major bug fixes & Portal XP changes
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's 3.2 update, which includes tank buffs, changes to Portal XP, and...