Battlefield 2042’s Season 1 update is almost here and ahead of its release, DICE is dropping Update 4.1 to squash even more bugs, nerf Boris, and limit Breakthrough to only 64 players. Here’s everything included in Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.1.
It’s no secret that Battlefield 2042’s launch didn’t go according to plan, with the player base immediately criticizing both its buggy launch and core design choices. After delaying Season 1 to early summer, DICE have been releasing huge updates that seek to get the game back on track.
The latest patch to arrive is Update 4.1, which brings even more bug fixes, Specialist buffs and nerfs, adjustments to recoil, and more. Here’s when the update goes live as well as the full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 release date & time
- Boris’ Sentry Gun nerfed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
- 128 player Breakthrough removed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
- Full Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 release date & time
DICE confirmed that Battlefield 2042’s Update 4.1 will go live on May 19 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
- Read more: Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
The developers also confirmed that it’ll be a zero-downtime update, so you can jump straight back in as soon as the download has finished.
Boris’ Sentry Gun nerfed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
Battlefield 2042 players have long complained that Boris’ Sentry Gun was simply too powerful, so Update 4.1 is set to give it a sizeable nerf.
While its spotting ability has been buffed, almost every other aspect of the Sentry Gun has been nerfed. Alongside removing its ability to track targets through walls, its health, damage, range, and reload speed have all taken a massive hit.
128 player Breakthrough removed in Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1
Many Battlefield 2042 players preferred the less chaotic and more tactical 64 player Breakthrough, so this becomes standard with Update 4.1.
Battlefield 2042’s maps can hold a whopping 128 players, but the devs felt that such a huge player count was a detriment to the Breakthrough mode, so they removed the option to search for it.
While Breakthrough 128 will still exist in the Discarded, Manifest, Orbital, and Kaleidoscope maps, they confirmed that they’ll “be keeping a close eye on how our changes help to improve the experience ahead of the start of Season 1.”
Full Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Vehicle Aim Sensitivity and Transport Vehicle Freelook Sensitivity Controller settings now always correctly apply their effects
- Aim Assist has been improved while aiming at moving targets
- Aim Assist should no longer incorrectly acquire targets through thin obstacles
- When not ranking up, you should no longer see the “You have been promoted screen” during End of Round
- Delivered improvements that help to reduce input lag
- Adjusted Trigger Weight to ensure that inputs feel more responsive when applying successive inputs
- The Announcer Voice Over for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 3 experiences has been remastered, and now includes new radio sound effects
- Specialists will now correctly display animations during the End of Round screen while in Battlefield Portal modes
- Made the following changes to Hardcore Templates within the Battlefield Builder to align them with our Featured Experience offerings.
- Enabled HUD in Hardcore Templates
- Disabled Mini-map and Compass in Hardcore Templates
- Hitting enemies with EMP effects now correctly triggers Player Disrupted XP
- Removed placement delay for deployable gadgets so they now appear instantly
- Deployable gadgets are now easier to deploy
- The size of the Insertion Beacon has been increased so it’s easier to see
- The Insertion Beacon is now visible from further away
In this update, we’re making multiple updates to the All-Out Warfare rotations. Our leading change is the removal of the 128 player version of Breakthrough. When reviewing the available experiences in All-Out Warfare, we felt that the 128 player modes are better suited for Conquest where gameplay spaces are larger, and where you have a more natural fit for sandbox gameplay.
In Breakthrough’s 128 player mode, we feel that the value and impact of an individual player, and squad is reduced due to the increased intensity and chaos of the combat.
When reviewing Breakthrough, we noted that the 64 player version represented a more tactical experience. Reducing our player count here helps to remove some of the chaos from the experience, and in combination with the reductions that we have made to the number of available combat vehicles, it means players are better able to hold frontlines more effectively. Players will also find more space to work together and fulfill their individual roles
As a result, squads in Breakthrough 64 have a better opportunity to work together, to flank the enemy, place a spawn beacon, use their plus menu to attach suppressors, then clear, and hold a point – one squad helping turn the tide as an example. We believe that the move to 64 players will bring back the pacing that helps celebrate these moments of teamwork and PTFOing, and will be keeping a close eye on how our changes help to improve the experience ahead of the start of Season 1.
- Breakthrough 64 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S now have set map sizes for specific maps:
- Discarded, Manifest, Orbital, Kaleidoscope will play the 128 player version
- Hourglass, Breakaway, Renewal will play the 64 player version
- The Compass now expands while in ADS to improve its readability
- Angel will no longer be able to grant Armor Plates via his Supply Bag
- Spotting via the SG-36 Sentry Gun now highlights spotted players via a red dot, and spotted enemies are now also visible for friendlies
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun will no longer track players behind walls
- Overall damage and health for the SG-36 Sentry Gun has been lowered
- RPM reduced from 450 -> 250
- Start Damage 16 -> 10
- End Damage 10 -> 7
- Fall Off Damage Range 50 -> 40
- Projectile Speed 960 m/s -> 500 m/s
- Health 200 -> 150
- Lock-on time increased by 0.3 seconds
- Target Forget Time 2 -> 1.5 seconds
- Target lock-on range 65 -> 50m
- Reload Speed 5.2 -> 4.2 seconds
- Bashing with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield while inside smoke should now always deal damage
- Fortification System recharge rate reduced from 25 -> 20 seconds
- Update 0.4.0 introduced an unintended change to the behavior of some weapons via incorrect values on their damage tables. In this update we’re restoring performance to its intended design and you should feel an overall improvement to weapon performance
- The impact of recoil affecting attachments has been lowered, while base weapon recoil has been improved to compensate. This means weapons without attachments now handle better
- Bolt Action Sniper breath control now lasts a max of 5 seconds, with an added 5 second penalty if used entirely
- Underbarrel Attachments no longer affect weapon deploy speed
- Overall horizontal recoil for DMR’s has been reduced
- Sidearms are now faster to deploy
- Increased the AC42 distance damage dropoff at higher ranges
- Removed the AK24 Semi Auto fire mode
- Increased AK-24 Burst Mode rate of fire to 900RPM
- Improved the NTW-50 effectiveness against vehicles
- Added an additional damage multiple versus tank tracks
- Increased PKP-BP vertical recoil, and added a new horizontal recoil profile
- Improved the SFAR-M GL damage at short to medium range
- Taking down an enemy now requires 5, instead of 4 bullets while at 20m
- Decreased the SFAR-GL distance damage dropoff
- Reduced SVK’s Horizontal recoil to make it easier to land follow-up shots
- Increased the SVK distance damage dropoff past 40m
- SVK’s High-Power Rounds damage lowered past 150m
- Taking down an enemy now requires 3, instead of 2 bullets
- Fixed a bug for no XP being rewarded when capturing an objective in a vehicle that wasn’t spawned via the Deploy Menu
Following the release of Update 0.4.0, we’re continuing to make balance adjustments to vehicle gameplay by updating the total number of vehicles that can be active at any time across maps in Conquest and Breakthrough.
- Kaleidoscope – Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
- Manifest – Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers number of Transport Air Vehicles by 1, and reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders to 1
- Adjusted Sector 3 to remove the Defenders allocation of Transport Air Vehicles, and also reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders by 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1, removed the Defending teams allocation of Transport and Combat Air Vehicles
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1
- Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Defenders allocation of Heavy Vehicles to 1
- The MAV is now part of the Transport vehicle category
- The M5C Bolte’s Missile Launcher no longer deals unintentional increased damage to air vehicles
- The M5C Bolte is now part of the Armored vehicle category
Source: DICE / EA
Image Credit: DICE
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes: Vehicle changes, DMR rebalancing, XP events, more
DICE are delivering the Season 1 Update 1.1 for Battlefield 2042’s first update of the season and here’s a look at the full patch notes.
Battlefield 2042’s first season is well underway, and DICE are providing several changes, fixes, and quality of life improvements to further enhance Season 1. Here are the full patch notes for the Season 1 Update 1.1.
It’s no surprise that Battlefield 2042 failed to meet expectations when it launched in 2021. It was considered a major disappointment, but the devs have been focusing their efforts in an attempt to improve the state of the game since the launch of Season 1.
Here are the full Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes including vehicle balance changes, new XP events, DMR rebalancing, and more.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 release date
- Vehicle changes in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1
- Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 release date
DICE have confirmed that Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 will go live on July 6 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM BST.
The devs also stated that players should expect the next update sometime in August. This August update will provide additional fixes and alterations to Battlefield 2042.
Vehicle changes in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1
As the devs continue to take major strides toward improving the overall experience, much of the Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 focused on quality of life improvements. Along with new XP events for Pilot Kills, Disarming Mines, and Repairs, the devs also introduced DMR and vehicle rebalancing.
DICE delivered: “Multiple vehicle balance changes such as a reduction in power for the MV38-Condor’s 50mm Cannon.”
A major portion of the update is dedicated to the various vehicle changes and you can take a look at the full patch notes below.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes
- A new widget has been added to the Main Menu which shows how many friends are currently online. You’ll now also see the number of online friends directly in the Social tab.
- Voice Chat options now show you which device is being used for voice input
- Resolved some instances where Controllers would not provide input when launching the game
- You will no longer get stuck at the “party leader selects game” screen in the lobby when the party leader has already entered the next game. Friends stick together!
- You’ll no longer see Unassigned or Not Set text in menus when using an alternate controller scheme
- A Party Leader icon has been added to the Social menu
- Camera settings for Vehicle 3rd person Field of View now apply immediately without having to cycle through camera options again
- Changing Squads while in a party now automatically sets your VoIP setting to Party
- The Kill Log sometimes didn’t show all kills made when “Show Kills Made” setting was to ALL. It now properly shows all kills.
- Weapon Charms should now always be visible on weapons while scrolling through the menu
- Bonus Missions now show the correct expiration time
- End of Round visuals for Battle Pass rewards are no longer missing after playing a Portal match
- The Zoom button now functions correctly when previewing Charms in the catalog
- Zooming in/out has been made smoother while in preview menus
- Fixed overlapping icons in Tags for players you’ve taken down
- Completed Challenges that previously didn’t give out their reward should now retroactively grant them
- Further new XP events have been added:
- New Pilot Kill Bonus Event – triggers alongside you snipe and kill the pilot of an air vehicle
- New Disarming Mine Event – triggers when you disarm an enemy AT Mine using Interact
- Repair Assist – triggers when someone in a vehicle you recently repaired kills an enemy with that vehicle
- Reduced XP reward of Spot Assists to 10 XP
- How Players of the Match are selected is now more consistent
- Player Icons and Healthbars now update faster when their state changes
- Made various changes to smooth out the overall camera experience
- The Kill Card has received several improvements:
- list of nearby or incoming receivers is now visible on the Kill Card alongside information about the killer
- If there are no assists involved in a kill then assist will not show on the Killcard
- There is now an animation for when the Killcard is showing on screen or when hiding or skipping it
- New game presets Air Superiority and Ground Superiority have been added to the Web Builder
- You are able to adjust vehicle count in Air Superiority and Ground Superiority game modes
- AI Soldiers are now better at climbing ladders across Classic era maps
- Underbarrel attachments can now be resupplied as expected by Ammo Crates
- Added Ranger to Restrictions tab
- Teleportation action block now works inside HQs
- New and unique character voices have been added for:
- Battlefield 1942 British Engineer
- Battlefield 1942 American Anti-Tank
- Battlefield 1942 German Engineer (aka Günter)
- Additional voice over lines have been added for Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 non-squad soldiers
- Added 4 extra-small layouts for existing maps (Battle of the Bulge, El Alamein, Kaleidoscope and Manifest). These are suitable for creating new Vehicle TDM experiences, but they’ll also work with Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All modes
- Several fixes have been made across Classic era maps to resolve terrain, prop and collision issues
- Added Passenger Seat Modifier: disabling passenger seats allows for a higher maximum number of vehicles.
- Added the option to toggle passenger seats availability
- Added Set Max Health Multiplier modifier for vehicles
- Added InfiniteWeaponMagazines modifier
- Added Projectile speed multiplier modifier for throwable items
- Added CompareVehicleName value block and VehicleName selection list block
- Added GetVehicleState GetPosition value block for vehicles
- Added GetVehicleState GetFacingDirection value block for vehicles
- Added AllPlayersInsideVehicle array value block
- Added GetVehicleState LinearVelocity value block
- Added the option to enable and disable capture points in Air Superiority and Ground Superiority experiences
- Added GetCapturePoint value block
- Allow error reports to send additional payloads in Error Logs
- Add new action block for sending custom error reports in Logic Editor
- Bad Company 2
- Replaced the UH-60 on the Russian team with the Mi-24 Hind
- Replaced the BMP-2 on the Russian team with the BMD-3
- Battlefield 3
- Added the A-10 Warthog and SU-25TM Frogfoot as new vehicles
- Resolved several clipping animations for melee weapons while vaulting over obstacles
- Resolved several gadgets clipping through hands while vaulting
- The EMP effect from thrown EMP Grenades will no longer affect players outside the visual radius
FXM-33 AA Missile
- FXM-33 AA Missile UI will no longer remain on screen while switching to another weapon
- Fixed an issue where no ‘In Stealth’ state is displayed while locking on to Helicopters with the FXM-33 AA
- The “Repairing” voice over no longer plays when attempting to repair destroyed vehicles
- Using the Repair Tool no longer sometimes causes the camera to shake
Smoke Grenade Launcher
- The Smoke Grenade Launcher’s name is now properly displayed in the Kill Log and Kill Card
- The overlay on vehicles for the SOFLAM now has the accurate colors; grey when in progress and yellow when fully locked on
- The Spawn Beacon now takes 1 to 2 bullets to destroy instead of 4 to 7
We’ve made several changes to reduce the reliance on the Data Drive Scanners within Hazard Zone. This should make it easier to understand the mode, and allows you more choice in which gadgets you want to deploy with.
- Increased cost of the Data Drive Scanner from 0 to 200
- Now only shows players carrying Data Drives when scanning
- Data Drives are now globally shown in the world
- IBA Armor Plates are now free and the default gadget
A new mechanic has been added to Hazard Zone, called Second Chance. This should make it more forgiving while you are first getting to know and start interacting with new squad mates.
- If your squad wipes before the first extraction, then the whole squad is redeployed one time after 15 seconds, at a different location from where you first inserted
- Redeploy and Second Chance now spawns players at 500m instead of 100m. Until the player is 100m above the ground, the parachute cannot be used
Several further changes have been added to faster to get into a Hazard Zone match
- Map Overview has been removed
- Reduced the amount of players needed to start the timer for starting the round, even if the server isn’t full yet
- Reduced the start timer from 2 -> 1 minute
- Quickdraw Holster has been removed
- Throwable Increase I – Increased to +2 extra throwable, up from +1
- Faster Healing I – Increased healing with 50%, up from 20%
- Insider Information – Increased location reveal from 30s -> 60s before impact
- Insider Information – Reduced rarity to Rare, down from Epic
- Insider Information – Reduced costs from 400 -> 200 Credits
- Biometric Scanning – Now spots enemies for 100% longer, up from 50%
- Biometric Scanning – Increased rarity to Rare, up from Common
- Biometric Scanning – Increased costs from 100 -> 200 Credits
- Table Deal – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
- Ammo Increase II – Increased to +3 additional magazines, up from +2
- Ammo Increase II – Increased rarity to Epic, up from Rare
- Ammo Increase II – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
- Faster Healing II – Increased healing with 100%, up from 50%
- Faster Healing II – Increased cost from 400 -> 600 Credits
Maps & Modes
- Fixed several visual, collision, lighting and interaction related bugs across Current era maps
- Resolved an issue on Discarded that could cause defending players to become stuck when spawning
- Resolved instances on Discarded where EMP Grenades exploded without delay after being thrown
- It no longer happens that the wrong voice overs would sometimes play when a match was in overtime
- Distinctive icons have been added for both Attackers and Defenders
- Directional retreat indicators have been added for defenders. This helps you understand in which direction you need to retreat
- Objective icons now show a hold Hold, Defend, Attack or Retake description to make it easier to understand where you need to go
- Audio has been tweaked to increase the feeling of tension during a match
- The transition from the match into the End of Round screen has been smoothened
- Soldiers will no longer sometimes clip through terrain when running up steep slopes
- Gadgets and weapons will no longer sometimes clip through walls while vaulting
- Ping locations are no longer inaccurate when in a vehicle seat as a passenger
- Jumping will no longer sometimes be interrupted after sliding
- Soldier hip rotation animations have been improved
- You are now able to vault over some angled walls that prevented this previously
- You are now able to move while Aiming Down Sights and being prone
- Strafing no longer causes the camera to slightly move
- Several improvements have been added to soldier movements animations:
- Separated aiming from turning so 3P animations can now look around slightly before triggering a turn animation
- Added leaning to 3P animations
- Added new and improved idle animations
- Fixed an issue where your 3P animation wouldn’t always show that you were in traversal sprint
- The revive animation for enemy soldiers has been polished
- Animations for a soldier jumping and descending from an upside down plane have been improved
- Changing to your primary weapon in mid melee attack now shows the correct melee animation
- Fall damage should no longer be inconsistent
- Animations while looking down during traversal sprint have been improved
- Pinging an enemy Hovercraft no longer plays a voice over indicating it’s empty and ready for use
- Players should no longer slide away after a takedown
- Resolved a broken animation while throwing an Ammo Crate or Medical Crate while vaulting
- The death animation when redeploying has been removed
- The Parachute / Wingsuit hint no longer remains on screen after either are deployed
- You will no longer automatically enter a vehicle if you revive a teammate who was under it
- You’ll no longer get a takedown prompt when a takedown is currently being performed on you
- It’s now possible to interrupt the Initial Deploy animation while ADS
- Moving sometimes caused specific weapons to have their animations broken, this has been fixed
- When reviving a player there was a chance that the weapon attachments would get all spooky and become misplaced. We’ve cured their fear of the dead
- A blocked loadout message no longer appears in error when interacting with the Loadout Crate
- It’s now possible to remain crouched while interacting with Angels’ Supply Crate.
- Resolved a repeating animation when repeatedly selecting the Supply Bag
- The 3P flash effect is now visible while being revived by Angel
- Angel’s Trait has been reworded to indicate he now only supplies ammo, instead of armor
- Resolved several inconsistent placement areas for the SG-36 Sentry Gun on Exposure
- The “Place Turret” hint no longer shows after the SG-36 Sentry Gun has already been deployed
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun can no longer fire downwards at extreme angles
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun can now fall through broken glass
- It’s no longer possible to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone in elevators which allows players to see through walls. This will now instead destroy the drone.
- The correct Kill Card is now displayed while Dozer dies from heavy fire while having the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield deployed
- The SOB-8 Ballistic Shield can now block missiles from the G-84 TGM
- Using ADS with the S21 Syrette Pistol now shows the correct visual instead of a red lined pattern
- Shooting allies with the S21 Syrette Pistol no longer sometimes triggers the friendly fire voice over
- Being hit by EMP Field Grenades now causes you to exit the G-84 TGM TV screen
- Fixed an issue that caused Lis’ G-84 TGM missile to bounce off of certain bushes
- Fixed an issue that caused Sundance’s Anti Armor grenade to lock onto and chase Lis’ G-84 TGM missile
- Increased the delay for exiting the G-84 TGM’s screen to 1 second
- It’s no longer possible to damage friendly air vehicles with the G-84 TGM’s missile
- The G-84 TGM missile will no longer bounce off vehicles
- The Hack indicator should no longer freeze in place after starting a hack
- The Anti-Armor Smart Explosive UI no longer gets stuck in lock on when the grenade has already been deployed
- The Kill Feed now properly indicates players killed by the Scatter Grenade
- Scrolling through weapons with a mouse wheel will no longer activate Paik’s EMG-X Scanner
- The Commorose now shows shortened objective names so the text doesn’t clip or overlap
- The Nearby Players list now accurately reflects nearby teammates
- Players dying due to friendly fire no longer show up as an enemy in the Kill Feed
- The Need Spotting Commorose command no longer displays empty text in the game feed
- Player name tags no longer change position while occluded by cover
- You’ll no longer see a hit indicator when shooting a dead enemy
- Anti-Air and Anti-Tank lock on missiles will now acquire new targets without a delay. This should make switching targets significantly smoother
- Anti-Tank missiles now also lock on to empty vehicles to prevent you from losing your target if the target vehicle is abandoned
- Overall target acquisition for lock on missiles has been improved
- The YG-99 would sometimes look a little banged up in the collection screens. We’ve buffed it out
- Fixed Stealth bombing coordinates so they no longer show negative values
- We have taught our autocorrect how to spell Suppressed within the Stealth Helicopter weaponry descriptions
- While flying an aircraft, the yawing input now stops when the mouse is not moving.
- Fixed an issue where a second TOW missile could be fired from vehicles while still controlling the first one
- Fixed an issue where the minimap view cone would not follow the camera in driver/pilot freelook, gunner and passenger seats
- Damage markers distance to center updated in vehicles to solve overlapping HUD
- Driving over a street lamp no longer makes the camera go inside the vehicle. Vehicle love lamp
- You should no longer see the landing gear on the SU-57 while it’s in flight
- Dying while driving the Polaris Sportsman will no longer cause the camera to violently shake
- Fixed an issue where Stealth Helicopter bombs would sometimes jitter as they fell
- Bullet tracers would sometimes go in the wrong direction while firing from vehicle weapons. We’ve reset their internal compass and they now point in the right direction
- Vehicle grenade crosshairs no longer display the wrong ammo
- Fixed an issue where the critical health recovery audio cue triggers everytime you exit vehicle
- Crashing an air vehicle into a friendly vehicle will no longer mark them as an enemy in the kill cam
F-35E Panther / SU-57 FELON – 25mm Cannon (internal)
- Damage increased from 20 -> 30
- Damage Fall Off start increased from 100 -> 250
- Minimum dispersion has been removed
- Maximum dispersion decreased from 1 -> 0.7
- Dispersion increase per shot has been lowered
Airplane Air-to-Ground Missile
- Missile Rate of Fire increased from 30 -> 90
- Replenish delay increased from 8 -> 20s
- Lock time increased from 1 -> 1.5s
- Lock release time reduced from 1 -> 0.5s
Airplane Air-to-Air missile
- Increased lock from 1 -> 1.5s
MD540 Nightbird – Mounted 20mm Cannons:
- Rate of Fire lowered to 250 -> 200
- Replenish time increased from 1.8 -> 2.5
T28 / M1A5 – Kinetic Grenade Weapon Pod
- Lower blast radius from 10 -> 7m
- Lowered inner blast radius from 4 -> 3m
Autocannon has been adjusted to make it a close range anti-vehicle weapon with diminished power over longer distances:
- Speed decreased from 980 -> 300
- Rate of fire increased from 120 -> 140
- Damage increased from 40 -> 65
- Added damage fall off start distance at 25m
- Added damage fall off end distance 150m
- Added blast damage fall off curve
- Blast damage increased from 10 -> 25
- Blast radius from 1 ->3m
MV38-Condor – 50mm Cannon Pod
- Now fires single shots
- Rate of Fire reduced from 110 -> 40
- Longer replenish delay to fit the new slower rate of fire
- AK24 no longer incorrectly shows it has a single rate of fire
- Fixed an issue where AK-24 attachments would not lower the recoil of the weapon as intended
- Fixed an issue where AC-42 magazines were displaying an incorrect rate of fire
- Fixed MCS-880 Flechettes doing unintended high damage at longer ranges
- Fixed an issue where some weapons wouldn’t play reload sounds while using an underbarrel attachments
- Fixed an issue where the SWS-10 Extended mag has a negative rate of fire within the collection screen
- Updated DDM4 magazines so bullets are not shown through scopes
- Fixed an issue where the time to live on the Incendiary grenade underbarrel was too short
- Fixed an issue where attachments were not available when opening the Plus Menu
- Fixed an issue which would cause the bipod to deploy itself changing scopes
- Laser sights would stop working while in 1P when a player would switch equipment or enter in a vehicle. This no longer happens
- Exiting a vehicle with the DXR-1 triggers no longer triggers the bipod deploy animation
- M44 Revolver damage increased up to 75m
- Fixed an issue that caused aim assist to not work for vehicle passengers in open seats
- Fixed an issue where swapping attachments caused some underbarrel attachments to become activated incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to fire faster than intended with some bolt action rifles by swapping attachments
We’ve updated DMR’s to make them more valuable in long-range combat as we currently felt they were underperforming. The first improvement we made here is to increase Bullet Speed, which means less lead time when firing at your target.
- BSV-M: 700 -> 790
- SVK: 860 -> 960
- VCAR: 600 -> 700
- DM7: 740 -> 800
We also noticed that headshots weren’t rewarding enough for extended combat engagements. To address this we’ve tweaked their Headshot Damage Multiplier at long-range:
- BSV-M / DM7: 1.9x -> 2.2x
- SVK 1.5x -> 1.6 x
- VCAR: 1.8x -> 2x
No changes have been made to DMR performance in short to medium range combat, and they’ll feel as you are used to when fighting against Assault Rifles and SMG’s. We’re looking forward to your feedback on these changes once you’ve been able to test them.
For more, be sure to check out everything we know about Modern Warfare 2 including details about the game’s multiplayer and campaign modes.
Image Credit: DICE / EA
Dr Disrespect enjoying Battlefield 2042 thanks to new update
Battlefield 2042’s first season has had great reception since it was released, with Dr Disrespect loving the brand-new map and update.
Popular streamer Guy Beahm, aka ‘Dr Disrespect’, has been enjoying the new Battlefield 2042 update and map, claiming it’s the best thing to happen to the franchise in years.
Battlefield 2042’s Season 1 update dropped on June 9, and despite a rough launch for the game, the new update is starting to turn heads and gain popularity.
The Battlefield 2042 Season 1 patch didn’t just fix a bunch of the issues players were having with the game, it also introduced some great new content such as the new map, Exposure, which players are loving.
Dr Disrespect seems to share the same opinion, recently enjoying the game on stream.
Battlefield 2042 got off to a rough start when it launched back in November 2021. Players were disappointed with the lack of content, as well as being disappointed with the number of bugs and issues the game had.
- Read more: Will Battlefield 2042 be on Xbox Game Pass?
One major issue the community had was with the map design, but thankfully, the new update has brought a map that everyone seems to be enjoying, even Dr Disrespect, who is often openly critical of the franchise.
While streaming Battlefield 2042 on June 17, 2022, Dr Disrespect stated that the new map Exposure is “the best thing to happen to Battlefield in years”.
The Doc applauds the devs for the new update and map, saying “finally, a good decision,” as it seems he too was disappointed with some of the choices that were made by the dev team.
Battlefield 2042 has undergone a lot of change since its release, and many weren’t happy with decisions like the removal of the Scoreboard, which has now been brought back. With that being said, it seems the devs are dedicated to improving the experience in Battlefield 2042.
It’s great to see many enjoying the new map and giving Battlefield 2042 another chance, especially as the devs have been hard at work to make the game better for players.
Despite the love for Battlefield 2042’s first season, CoD fans believe Modern Warfare 2 could kill off the franchise for good.
Image Credits: DICE
CoD players explain how Modern Warfare 2 can kill off Battlefield for good
With Ground War returning in Modern Warfare 2, players are hoping Infinity Ward go all out to beat Battlefield at its own game.
Ground War, CoD’s large-scale mode, will return in Modern Warfare 2. Originally criticized for failing to capture what made Battlefield so great, players explained how MW2’s Ground War will succeed where Battlefield 2042 failed.
Ground War arrived in Modern Warfare 2019, using Verdansk’s POIs as huge playspaces for a large-scale Conquest-like game mode. While players enjoyed Ground War, many felt that it failed to capture the squad play, vehicle balance, and map flow that made Battlefield so popular.
However, the way gamers think about the Battlefield franchise has completely changed since then, with Battlefield 2042 failing at almost every hurdle. Luckily, Ground War returns in Modern Warfare 2 and those let down by 2042 hope that Infinity Ward go all out and try to use Ground War to “put the nail in the coffin” for Battlefield.
Reddit user Spartacus_115 kicked off the discussion by saying that Infinity Ward need to make changes to Ground War when it returns in Modern Warfare 2. They explained that the biggest issue it had was the objective placements and shape of the maps, which they felt were too linear.
For Modern Warfare 2, they want to see the objective positions wider, spread out, and circular, allowing for flanking routes and strategy. Many users brought up MW2019’s Promenade as an example of what they don’t want to see, where the action takes place in a long street without any opportunity for flanking.
CoD players also hope to see tighter squad play, multiple game modes, fewer sniping positions, and a better vehicle to infantry balance – all aspects of the best Battlefield games.
Many Battlefield players moved over to CoD between Battlefield V and 2042, and the latest entry did nothing to bring them back. These ex-Battlefield players are especially hoping that Modern Warfare 2’s Ground War will be a success.
“As a Battlefield refugee I truly hope they go all in and try to put the nail in the coffin for Battlefield,” said jamslfc. “I hate to say it but same,” replied SPYDER0416, explaining that they’ve been “dying for a good Battlefield-esque experience.”
Another user said that “even if it doesn’t necessarily kill Battlefield off it could finally be a big fat wake-up call,” but they had their doubts.
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team promotion calendar: Every FUT special card
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team has a ton of special cards and promotions to dissect, so we've put together a calendar...
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the sequel to CoD's popular battle royale.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes: Vehicle changes, DMR rebalancing, XP events, more
DICE are delivering the Season 1 Update 1.1 for Battlefield 2042’s first update of the season and here's a look...