Sledgehammer Games has stacked Call of Duty: Vanguard with a ton of incredible weapons for players to use, and we’ve gone through and ranked every Season 3 gun, as well as ranked the top 10 weapons in the game.
At the end of the day, all guns in CoD Vanguard have one job, to take down opposition players as efficiently as possible. Sledgehammer Games have done their best to make this possible by giving players a wealth of options to choose from.
From devastating Assault Rifles to speedy SMGs, there is pretty much something for everyone in Call of Duty: Vanguard, and we’ve taken it upon ourselves to go through the game’s weaponry and rank every gun in the game.
Best guns in Call of Duty: Vanguard ranked list
Before we deliver an in-depth look at our top 10 Vanguard weapons ranked list, we will first quickly assign a position to all of the game’s current guns. As always, some guns are going to be meta monsters used by everyone, and some will be left to gather heaps of dust.
- Read More: What is the average CoD: Vanguard K/D ratio?
Here’s every main weapon in Vanguard ranked:
- M1 Bazooka
- Top Break
- MK 11 Launcher
- Machine Pistol
- FS Fighting Knife (Katana, Sawtooth, Sledgehammer, Ice Axe, Skal Crusher)
- M1 Garand
- Type 99
- Gracey Auto
- Type 11
- Einhorn Revolving
- Double Barrel
- Itra Burst
- Combat Shotgun
- Combat Shield
- 3-Line Rifle
- KG M40
- Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle
- Owen Gun
- Nikita AVT
- Armaguerra 43
- Type 100
- Cooper Carbine
CoD: Vanguard best weapons ranked
The Welgun is a post-launch weapon that arrived via the mid-Season 1 update and it certainly established itself as one of the best in the game. This Submachine Gun was the most popular pick for a brief period before the devs decided to nerf it.
Regardless, it remains a fantastic option for those who prefer their SMGs to have some versatility when it comes to range.
The BAR is extremely similar to the Whitley as it is an absolute laser beam of a weapon. However, due to its Assault Rifle association, the BAR is lighter and thus easier to move around with. The one downside of this weapon is the slow fire rate which may annoy some players. It certainly shoots slowly but if you hit your shots there are few ARs that kill quicker.
8. Type 100
The Type 100 is a ton of fun to use as it’s a very solid weapon, and also has the potential to become even better than it already is.
The Type 100 kills incredibly quickly, and some players feel it’s the best SMG in Vanguard. Unless you’re using the game’s best attachments, we don’t feel it quite boasts the firepower that our best SMG does, we’ll come onto it shortly, but if you use it enough, then it might well be the best for you.
The Volk rose to prominence during Vanguard Season 2 thanks to its viability in competitive Call of Duty. The Assault Rifle excels at medium-range gunfights, and as a versatile weapon, it took the CDL by storm.
Recent nerfs from the Vanguard Season 3 update will not hold the Volk back as they were quite minor. This weapon is perfect for the aggressive Assault Rifle player.
6. Kar98k – Best Sniper Rifle in CoD Vanguard
A weapon that will be familiar to long-time Call of Duty players, as the Kar98k has been a strong option in numerous games, and the same applies to Vanguard.
The key to the Kar98k’s unbelievable success is its speed, as its ADS time is terrific for such a long-range weapon, thanks to a major buff to Sniper Rifles. As long as you have an Ammo Box or extra ammo with you, then Vanguard offers a great deal more Sniper-friendly maps for you to go crazy.
5. Whitley – Best LMG in CoD Vanguard
The Whitley LMG was a new addition to Vanguard as a part of the Season 2 update. With the correct attachments, this LMG is one of the most fearsome weapons in the game. Its minimal recoil and massive magazine capacity can torment multiplayer lobbies. The Whitley has legitimate two-shot kill potential which makes it the best Vanguard LMG around.
The STG44 only makes it to number four on our ranked list, and it’s very worthy of its spot, as most Call of Duty: Vanguard players will attest to.
Most lobbies will usually have several players using some form of STG44 loadout as it’s an incredible Assault Rifle. It has everything you need from an AR — superb damage range, awesome recoil control, and enough stopping power to make the enemy team cry. It’s a pretty much flawless gun. But why isn’t it first on our list?
3. Cooper Carbine
Much like the Welgun, the Cooper Carbine is a post-launch weapon that completely dominated the meta following its arrival during Vanguard Season 1. There isn’t much this weapon can’t do thanks to its excellent fire rate and damage output.
Some players prefer to use it as a close-range Assault Rifle while others value its aiming stability at long-range. Regardless of your preference, the Cooper Carbine will kill enemies incredibly quickly.
2. MP-40 – Best SMG in CoD Vanguard
No, you are reading this correctly, the MP-40 is not our top weapon, and we’ll come onto that shortly. But the MP-40 is well-deserving of its second-place spot as it has all the necessary characteristics to make it the best SMG in the game.
It has a reputation for being unstoppable in previous Call of Duty games – looking at you World at War – and it retains this identity with ease in Vanguard. Very accurate, even over long distances, and if you manage to equip the optimal attachments, then it will shred through your enemies.
1. Automaton – Best Assault Rifle in CoD Vanguard
Because the Automaton AR has all of the STG’s qualities with the bonus of being a tiny bit faster. The Automaton went from underrated to one of the most widely used weapons in Vanguard and it’s currently the best in Vanguard Season 3 for great reason.
- Read More: Best PC settings for CoD: Vanguard Season 3
One of its most appealing traits is its easy-to-learn recoil pattern as even without attachments it only moves vertically. It’s very easy to use, very easy to score a ton of kills with, and for our money is the best weapon to use in Call of Duty: Vanguard.
That covers our extensive look at every weapon in Vanguard with a full ranking of them all. Even though there are over 45 weapons in the game already, we expect Sledgehammer Games to keep adding more as the seasons go by.
For more guides and content on Call of Duty: Vanguard, check out the best Ranked Play loadouts for Vanguard Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games
How to complete Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa Easter Egg: Main Quest guide
Vanguard’s Shi No Numa map brings a brand-new Zombies Main Quest Easter Egg, so here’s a step-by-step guide to completing it.
Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally introduced a round-based map with Season 4’s reimagining of Shi No Numa. There’s another complicated Main Quest to complete, so here’s a step-by-step guide to the Easter Egg.
After Black Ops Cold War Zombies’ success, Treyarch returned to develop Vanguard’s Zombies mode and continue the Dark Aether storyline. However, with a lack of classic features and a new non-round-based format, players slammed the mode for its “embarrasing” lack of content.
The devs added many classic features with Season 2’s Terra Maledicta, but players were still desperate to see round-based return. It finally has with Season 4’s Shi No Numa, and brought a brand-new Main Quest Easter Egg with it.
Here’s a full guide to building the new wonder weapon, completing the Main Quest Easter Egg, and beating the boss.
- How to complete Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa Easter Egg
How to complete Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa Easter Egg
Like any Call of Duty: Zombies Easter Egg, players will need to complete a series of complex objectives to solve the Main Quest such as finding objects around the map and building the Wonder Weapon.
- Read more:
Thanks to YouTuber MrDalekJD, we’ve got the full breakdown of how to complete the Shi No Numa Easter Egg.
Build the Wunderwaffe DG-2 Wonder Weapon
- Head through the Flogger Courtyard and open up the Fishing Hut, then pick up the Weapon Barrel on the shelf right of the door.
- Go to Comm Room Exterior and find the generator, then insert the Weapon Barrel.
- Head inside the Comm Room itself and follow the prompt to ‘Check Radio’ to the right of the door.
- Go back to the generator and finish the round, then complete the Defend the Radio Tower objective.
- After this is done, collect the Weapon Barrel from the generator. Then, head back to the radio and pick up the Charged Vacuum Tube.
- Go through to the other room inside the Comm Room area and collect the Electrical Fuse Part from a table.
- Find the Storage Hut and spend 1000 Points to activate the trap. It will malfunction, so wait around and insert the Electrical Fuse. Once it works, funnel zombies through the trap until it’s fully charged.
- Play until Round 15 where Zabala will spawn inside the main hut. Lead her to the Tesla Machine in the Excavation Room and try to let her lightning attack hit it until you get the prompt to pick up the Charged Vacuum Tube beside it.
- Head back to the Storage Hut and craft the Wunderwaffe DG-2 at the bench behind the trap.
Collect the Cypher Wheel Parts & start the Ceremony
- After you’ve loaded into Shi No Numa, follow the on-screen prompts to open the door in either the Comm Room or Storage and head to the Dig Site.
- Find the Cypher Wheel Parts (glowing circle objects):
- On a table by a bunk bed in Dormitory
- On the table in front of the Pack-A-Punch at the Dig Site
- On the table to the left of the Max Ammo Box in Doctor’s Quarters
- Head back to the Doctor’s Quarters Exterior and stand in front of the glowing Monolith in front of a tree.
- Allow a Boom Schreier to run in front of the Monolith and kill it at the right time to blow away the vines.
- Press the interact button to insert the Cypher Wheels into the Monolith.
- Head to one of the red stones at the edge of the Doctor’s Quarters Exterior area and Start the Ceremony. If you’re playing co-op, each player will need to interact with a different one at the same time.
- Look out for glowing blue Zombies, let them approach the island the Monlolith is on, and kill them with the Wunderwaffe. If you don’t kill enough, simply play until the next round and try again.
Collect Zombie Blood & find Mirror Fragments
- Activate the Flogger Trap and head into the Flogger Courtyard, letting the trap fling Zombies towards the deactivated Perk Fountain. Once enough Zombies have been killed, you’ll actually have to drink the Zombie Blood.
- Using the temporary speed boost from the blood, find the red orb in either the Mess Hall or spawn room. Follow the red orb until it stops, and then pick up the first Mirror Fragment. However, you’ll need to do it again if the blood effects wear off before you pick it up.
- Drink the blood again, then find the map inside the War Room. Look for the X over a location, then head there and look for the mirror piece (you might need to shoot it down).
Follow & shoot glowing blue orbs
- Ensure you have everything you need for the fight ahead.
- Head back to the Dig Site POI and place the Mirror Fragments at the altar in the middle.
- Follow the prompt to energize the podium. If playing co-op, each player will need to interact with a different podium.
- Keep an eye on the glowing blue orb as it floats into the air and flies towards one of the four huts. Chase after the blue orb and look for it outside the map, shooting it three times as it relocates.
- Make your way back to the Dig Site and follow the prompt to Summon Echo.
Defeat Echo in Shi No Numa Zombies
- After the boss fight has begun, look for the glowing blue zombies again. Allow them to reach the bottom level of the dig site and kill them with the Wanderwaffe.
- Once enough glowing blue zombies have been killed, a large bubble will form over the area. Make sure you’re inside and once Echo enters the bubble with you, deal as much damage to her as possible until she becomes immune.
- The second stage will begin which is exactly the same as step #1, except you’ll be using the Wunderwaffe to kill glowing blue Boom Schreiers instead of regular zombies. Once you’ve killed enough, stay inside the bubble and keep wailing on Echo until she becomes immune again.
- Allow the glowing blue Sturmkriegers to reach the lower level, and kill them with the Wunderwaffe until the bubble appears again. One last time, batter Echo with everything you’ve got until she’s dead.
- You’ll get the end cut scene and some rewards such as a unique Calling Card.
And that’s everything you need to do to complete Vanguard Zombies’ Shi No Numa Easter Egg!
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass: All rewards & tiers
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass, including the price and rewards.
A new Battle Pass has arrived with the Warzone and Vanguard Season 4 update, offering players the chance to earn content and rewards. Here’s everything available in the Vanguard and Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass.
Players can progress through the Season 4 Battle Pass to unlock some valuable rewards, including new weapons and Operators.
- Vanguard & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass price
- Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass: New Operator & skins
- New Weapons in Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass
- Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass tier 100 Rewards
- Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass all tier rewards
Vanguard & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass price
The standard version of the Battle Pass will cost players 1,000 CoD Points. With this version, you will start at tier 0, and you’ll have the chance to progress through all 100 tiers of the Season 4 Battle Pass.
Otherwise, you can also choose to go with the Battle Pass Bundle which costs 2,400 CoD Points. This content-rich version will allow you to skip the first 25 tiers. The bundle also comes with a Legendary Type Face Butcher skin seen in the image above.
Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass: New Operator & skins
Mercenaries of Fortune is bringing Task Force Immortal to Vanguard and Warzone. Captain Butcher, leads this elite force that is coming to the games and their heisting ability is not to be underestimated.
Butcher will be accessible from tier zero of the Battle Pass as an immediate unlock alongside a Legendary “Vampiric” Daniel Operator Skin, Legendary “Solar Array” Assault Rifle Blueprint, Seasonal XP Boost, and a 45-Minute Double XP Token.
“The Battle Pass also features a new Operator Skin every 10 Tiers, including “Town Runner” Beatrice at Tier 30 and “Wastelander” Roland at Tier 70.”
New Weapons in Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass
Two new weapons will be available in the Warzone and Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass. You can unlock the Marco 5 SMG at tier 15, and this weapon is “a high mobility submachine gun, accurate from the hip with excellent close-range stopping power.”
If previous Vanguard SMGs are anything to go by, the Marco 5 will earn its time in the spotlight.
In addition, the UGM-8 is available at tier 31, and thanks to its surprising mobility this LMG is “perfect for suppressing enemy Operators whether you’re attacking a fortified position or defending an important objective.”
Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass tier 100 Rewards
Those who make it to tier 100 of the Season 4 Battle Pass will earn luxurious rewards. You can claim a Legendary Operator skin, Legendary weapon blueprint, and in-game Titles and Emblems if you put in the time to grind to the end.
Here are the final rewards in the Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass:
- Tier 100: ‘Gold Horror’ Legendary Operator Skin
- Tier 100: ‘Biochromatic’ Legendary Assault Rifle Blueprint
- Tier 100: “Big Cheese” profile title, seasonal Emblem, and “Immortal Lord” Charm
Warzone & Vanguard Season 4 Battle Pass all tier rewards
Image Credit: Activision
How to get Wunderwaff Wonder Weapon in Vanguard Zombies
Vanguard Season 4 introduces round-based Zombies to the game, and with it, the return of the Wunderwaffe Wonder Weapon.
Vanguard Season 4 finally introduced the game’s first round-based Zombies mode. If you want to dominate Zombies with the most powerful gun possible, check out how to build the Wunderwaffe Wonder Weapon in Shi No Numa.
When Vanguard was released back in November 2021, Zombies fans were furious and disappointed at Sledgehammer and Treyarch’s take on the fan-favorite mode. Having moved away from round-based Zombies initially, content creators slammed the mode, claiming that there was an “embarrassing lack of content.”
Thankfully, that all changed with the release of Vanguard Season 4, which introduced the first round-based mode to the game on fan-favorite map Shi No Numa.
Of course, with a new map comes the ability to create a Wonder Weapon, and the Wunderwaffe is the gun of choice for Shi No Numa. If blasting Zombies to bits sounds like your kind of thing, here’s how you can build the Vanguard Wunderwaffe Wonder Weapon.
How to craft the Wunderwaffe Wonder Weapon in Vanguard Zombies
Wonder Weapons are a series of special weapons powered by Element 115. These strong weapons are perfect for killing hordes of undead enemies, but require a little work to earn.
Thankfully, it isn’t too hard to get your hands on the Wunderwaffe, with just a few steps required to craft it:
- Head to the communications room and pick up the electrical fuse on the table.
- Head to the fishing hook, unlock the door, and pick up the weapon barrel from the shelves.
- Go back towards the communications room, and find the green generator. Walk over and insert the weapon barrel. Defend the machine until it is finished.
- Enter the communications room and pick up the charged vacuum tube.
- Go to the storage hub and activate the trap in the corner. It will break down, and then ask for the fuse you picked up first. A second fuse will then appear on the crafting table beside you.
- Head over to the main hut, and fight Zabala. Bring her over to the tesla coil and let her perform her attack nine times. Once it has charged, collect the final vacuum tube.
- Finally, head back to the storage hut and craft the Wunderwaffe.
Once you have the Wunderwaffe, you can then use it to slice through waves of Zombies as you attempt to make it through rounds.
- Read More: Vanguard Season 4 Ranked Play rewards
The good news is that Treyarch have already confirmed that more round-based Zombies maps are coming to Vanguard, so we should see even more Wonder Weapons in the not-too-distant future.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Sledgehammer Games
Best Cooper Carbine loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the best attachments, Perks, and equipment for the Cooper Carbine Assault Rifle in Warzone Pacific Season 4.
How to use game-breaking Warzone attachment combo to get insane sprint speed
Warzone Pacific Season 4's update has brought a game-breaking attachment combo that you can use to sprint insanely fast.
Crazy Apex Legends glitch adds third-person mode to Season 13
A new Apex Legends glitch is allowing players to change their camera angle from first-person to third during battle royale...