For those looking to optimize their settings in the Modern Warfare 2 beta, here are the best controller settings to use.
While the beta doesn’t allow players to customize every weapon in the Gunsmith or use every item that will become available at launch, the Modern Warfare 2 beta does offer a wide range of settings that can enhance your experience.
Many will know that FOV is now available on consoles, which is a massive boost for controller players. There are many other settings to go through, so here are our best Modern Warfare 2 beta settings for controller players.
- Best Modern Warfare 2 beta controller settings
- Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Response Curve
- Best Modern Warfare 2 FOV setting
Best Modern Warfare 2 beta controller settings
- Button Layout Preset: Tactical
- Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2: If you play with claw grip or want faster button press time, you should turn this On
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Controller Vibration: Off
- Trigger Effect (PS5): Off
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 0.9
- Sensitivity Multiplier:
- Third Person: 1.00
- Ground Vehicles: 1.00
- Air Vehicles: 1.00
- Tablet: 1.00
- Verticle Aim Axis:
- On Foot: Standard
- Third Person: Standard
- Ground Vehicles: Standard
- Air Vehicles: Standard
Sensitivity comes down to preference, but we find 6 to be a good place to start. As you become more experienced, we advise you to increase this setting to the level that feels comfortable. The higher the sensitivity the faster your turn will be, allowing you to gun players no matter what angle the enemy comes from.
Further, setting your ADS Sensitivity Multiplier just below your Sensitivity will allow you to be more accurate from range when aiming down sights.
We also highly recommend the Tactical Button Layout Preset, as this allows you to Slide/Dive or even crouch while keeping your thumb on the right stick to aim, ready for the opponent.
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Automatic Sprint: Off
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Reload
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply One
- Target Aim Assist: On
- Aim Assist Type: Default
- Aim Response Curve Type: Dynamic
- ADS Sens. Multiplier: 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Increase if you feel sensitivity with higher optical zoom is too slow
- Inputs Deadzone:
- Left Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Right Stick Min: 0.00 (If stick drift occurs, increase until gone)
- Left Stick Max: 0.99
- Right Stick: 0.99
- L2/R2 Button Deadzones: 0.00
We find that having your Deadzones as low as possible makes your reaction and fine-aim much more precise, allowing you to react faster and be more accurate.
- Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior: Toggle
- Auto Move Forward: Off (Unless Left Stick broken)
- Tactical Sprint Behavior: Single Tap Sprint
- Grounded Mantle: Off
- Automatic Airborne Mantle: Partial
- Automatic Ground Mantle: Off
- Invert Slide and Dive Behavior: Standard
- Plunging Underwater: Movement
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: On
- Sprinting Door Bash: On
Although you can still Slide Cancel, it’s not as effective as before, so if you find yourself using it less, you may want to invert the Slide and Dive Behaviour. Diving is highly effective in escaping tough situations and Lethal Equipment thrown by the enemy.
We’ve also set Grounded Mantle to Off, as you don’t want to be mantling when you do not intend to do so.
- ADS Stick Swap: Off
- ADS Interruption Behavior: Interrupt
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: On
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay: Medium
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: On
- Quick C4 Detonation: On
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Short Delay
- Camera Initial Position: Free Look
- Scoreboard Behavior: Toggle
- Ping Wheel Delay: Moderate
- Double Tap Danger Ping Delay: Moderate
Best Modern Warfare 2 Aim Response Curve
When it comes to Aim Response Curve, an inexperienced Call of Duty player may opt for the Standard option, but Dynamic allows for finer control over your aim.
With that said, we recommend Dynamic for those who are comfortable and experienced on the sticks, and advise that players stay away from Linear.
Best Modern Warfare 2 FOV setting
While it may not be obvious, your FOV setting will impact your aim and performance on controller just as much as mouse and keyboard.
We recommend setting this to any number between 103 and 120, as this will maximize your ability to see around you and prevent enemies from getting the jump on you.
Depending on the size of your monitor/screen, you will want to play around with the setting until you find a nice balance of being able to see at range and a decent amount around your player.
Well there you have it, that’s our recommendation for the best Modern Warfare 2 beta settings. For more, make sure you check out what has happened to Modern Warfare 2’s Grand Prix map.
Image Credits: Activision
How to get Goat skin in Fortnite: Goat Simulator 3 skin & price
Fortnite has brought a terrifying man-goat hybrid for Goat Simulator 3's launch, so here's how to get the Goat skin...
How to Trivela cross in FIFA 23
Players can now perform a Trivela in FIFA 23, a technique that is both flashy and technical. Here's how you...
Best Assault Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 5 Reloaded AR ranked
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in Warzone Pacific Season 5 Reloaded, so here are Warzone's ARs ranked and the best...