To master the art of quickscoping in CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 5, equip our best Swiss K31 loadout with attachments, Perks, and equipment.
There’s no better way to flex your CoD skill in a final killcam than hitting a nasty three-piece with a Sniper Rifle. Quickscoping montages are how some of Call of Duty’s biggest brands such as OpTic and FaZe had their start, after all.
Sniper flinch was added with the Season 3 update, but even in Season 5 of Black Ops Cold War, players are still convinced it’s not nerfed it enough. Sniping, in particular, quickscoping is perfectly viable and players love to do it.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 has plenty of maps and opportunities for snipers to dominate, so here are the best weapon, attachments, and Perks to quickscope in Black Ops Cold War.
Best Swiss K31 Cold War quickscoping attachments
- Barrel: 24.9″ Tiger Team
- Body: Tiger Team Spotlight
- Magazine: 8 Rnd Mag
- Handle: Serpent Wrap
- Stock: Raider Pad
- Read More: Best LC10 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
This Swiss K31 is built exclusively for speed, allowing you to take out multiple targets in quick succession. Aim for the chest while quickscoping with this loadout as it’s an easier target to hit, and it will guarantee you a one-shot kill at almost any range.
The 24.9″ Tiger Team vastly improves in the Swiss K31 in almost every way. Before you unlock this barrel, you’ll land a lot of hit markers, but after equipping it you’ll have no problem getting One Shot, One Kill medals. You’ll find your K31 does more damage, fires faster, reloads quicker, and is more accurate.
You need your reaction time to be at a maximum while quickscoping, so you can’t take the second to decide if you really did see the enemy. The Tiger Team Spotlight will mark enemies for you, increasing your awareness and reactions in the process.
To hit multiple shots in quick succession, you want to go for a bigger magazine. The 8 Rnd Mag is perfect as you have more than enough shots to take out the other team in 6v6 game modes without any major downsides. However, you should bear in mind that the Tiger Team barrel will reduce the mag size to six shots.
To further increase the Swiss K31’s speed, you want to add the Serpent Wrap and Raider Pad. Together, these attachments will vastly increase your ADS and sprint to fire time, hitting your shots before the enemy can take you out.
Best Perks & Equipment for quickscoping in Cold War Season 5
- Perk 1: Tactical Mask / Flak Jacket
- Perk 2: Scavenger / Assassin
- Perk 3: Gung-Ho / Ghost
The one weapon class that suffers from Stun Grenades and other equipment with disorientating effects is Sniper Rifles. So the Tactical Mask will help make you immune to their effects. Also, you still might try to hold down the odd location or two, which means you’ll be peppered with explosives – so equip Flak Jacket to sort that out.
You don’t get that much ammo with a Sniper Rifle, so Scavenger will help you to stock up, and then you can use it to kill Assassin targets to increase your potential points accumulation.
Gung-Ho will allow you to reload while sprinting, as well as change weapons faster, in case you run out of ammo for the Swiss. Whereas Ghost is a tried and tested Perk that will keep your position on the map a bit more secure.
- Lethal: Tomahawk
- Tactical: Stimshot
- Field Upgrade: Field Mic
Quickscoping in Call of Duty is all about taking down your opponents in style, and there’s nothing more stylish than closing out the Best Play killcam than an awesome Tomahawk throw.
For your Tactical, the Stimshot is always a solid choice, allowing you to quickly get back your health to re-peek for a second quickscope shot. And finally, to get the most information possible, the Field Mic will reveal the position of all nearby enemies, giving you plenty of time to prepare for the shot.
How to unlock the Swiss K31 in Black Ops Cold War
The Swiss K31 can no longer be unlocked through the Battle Pass as that was tied to the Season 3 Battle Pass.
However, if you haven’t acquired it yet, then you will need to meet the following requirements to unlock it now:
- Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer/Warzone: Using Sniper Rifles, get 2 Headshot kills in 15 different completed matches.
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies: Using Sniper Rifles, kill 5 or more enemies with Critical Kills rapidly 100 times.
Best alternatives to the Swiss K31 in Cold War
If you haven’t unlocked the Swiss K31 yet, or it isn’t working out for you, then you can try some of CoD: Cold War’s other best Sniper Rifles instead. The Pelington 703 is the next best thing, or you can choose the very popular LW3 Tundra for extra damage.
If you want to see what the best Black Ops Cold War guns are, and find your new favorite, you can check out our ranking and tier of every Cold War weapon.
Also, keep up-to-date with all the latest news and guides for Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Cold War October 13 update patch notes: Vanguard Zombies reveal, Grav fix & zombies changes
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
Season 6 is underway in the world of Black Ops Cold War, and Treyarch Studios has rolled out the October 13 update to provide some fixes and updates for players, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
It has been an exciting time in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, with Season 6 bringing various changes, including weapon buffs and nerfs and the new Forsaken Zombies map with its insanely powerful wonder weapon.
However, this has not stooped Treyarch Studios from improving Black Ops Cold War which was the focus of the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes, including a look at the upcoming Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies reveal.
You can find everything you need to know about the Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes below:
Black Ops Cold War October 13 update patch notes
SEASON SIX CONTINUES
We’ve added new gameplay improvements and fixes to MP and Zombies this week, including a fix for Grav attachment unlock levels, full details on the latest Wonder Weapon upgrades in Zombies, “Forsaken” updates, and more. In the Store, “Fuze” has arrived as our latest playable Warsaw Pact Operator, introduced to the world in the Season Six Cinematic.
Players can also now unlock legacy Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-15 from Black Ops in the Prestige Shop, as well as Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige icons from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare! If you’ve been looking to complete your collection, now’s the time.
TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR VANGUARD ZOMBIES
In tomorrow’s update, we’re bringing Amerika 24/7 and Gunfight Gluboko to this week’s Featured Playlists – and of course, the worldwide reveal of Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies kicks off at 8AM PT / 11AM ET, Oct. 14th!
Set a reminder for the premiere of tomorrow’s Zombies Reveal Trailer, and get ready for the full behind-the-scenes reveal later in the day. We can’t wait to share what the team’s been working on for this new chapter of the Dark Aether story.
Until then… here’s what’s new since our Oct. 7 update:
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-15 from Black Ops.
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige from Advanced Warfare.
- Addressed an issue related to Grav attachment unlock levels.
- Main Quest
- Crystals will now respawn during the escort section of the Main Quest to prevent a possible progression break.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause the dragon to freeze during the Der Eisendrache pinball minigame.
- Enabled “Forsaken” in Local play.
- Base Versions
- D.I.E. now receives a percentage of its max ammo capacity when an enemy is absorbed, as opposed to a fixed amount. This makes higher ammo capacity versions more viable, such as the D.I.E. Electrobolt.
- D.I.E. melee damage increased from 145 to 160.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt
- D.I.E. Electrobolt increases movement speed while firing from 75% to 100% of base.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt now consumes more ammo for level 2 and 3 energy beams (increases the longer the trigger is held).
- Pack-a-Punched Version (D.E.A.D.)
- D.E.A.D. vacuums up to 3 enemies at a time at slightly increased damage (as a percentage of the enemy’s max health).
- D.E.A.D. Glacialator increases movement speed while firing to 90% of base (vs. 75% for the Cryo-Emitter).
- D.E.A.D. Joltsurge increases movement speed while firing to 125% of base (vs. 100% from the Electrobolt).
- Base Versions
- RAI K-84
- Vortex explosion damage increased by 100%.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect zombie pathing in the Main Street space.
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Abomination to push players out of the playable area.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination beam attack sound to be heard after the attack ended.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Tempests to follow players into the Observation Tower space.
- PhD Slider
- Addressed an issue that could cause the player to take explosive damage when fully cooking a grenade with PhD Slider Tier III or higher equipped.
- Plaguehounds have been capped to 15 per Surge. Chance to spawn has been lowered from 10% to 5%.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios
How to get Warzone & Cold War Prime Gaming rewards
Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players can now take advantage of Prime Gaming and earn some exciting rewards for their battles.
Prime Gaming is an exciting way developers reward players with various in-game items, with Call of Duty: warzone and Black Ops Cold War being the two latest games to join.
There are different ways that players can acquire these cosmetic items. One of the newest is through the popular Prime Gaming service, which allows Amazon Prime subscribers to get in-game rewards for free for their favorite games.
With this in mind, here is how you can get the Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards.
How to get Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards
Players interested in getting the Prime Gaming rewards will first need to make sure they are an Amazon Prime subscriber.
If you are not, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to try out the service and redeem the Warzone & Cold War Prime Gaming rewards that are currently available.
- Read More: When does Warzone Season 6 start?
The full set of steps you need to take to add these new items to your collection for both Call of Duty games can be found below:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Call of Duty Offer Detail Page: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/callofduty.
- Step 2: Click “Claim Now” on the active content drop.
- Step 3: Log in with your Prime-enabled account or sign up for Prime.
- Step 4: Click “Continue” to begin the account-linking process.
- Step 5: Click “Go to Activision” to be redirected to Activision’s account-linking page.
- Step 6: Log in with your Activision account and authorize Prime Gaming to fulfill content.
- Step 7: Click “Complete Claim.”
Once you complete these steps, the items you claimed will be available once you launch Warzone or Black Ops Cold War.
You can find all of the currently available Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming rewards below:
Warzone and Cold War Prime Gaming Flight School Bundle
World Series of Warzone Fall 2021 Pack
Source: Call of Duty Blog
Image Credits: Activision / Amazon
How to get free Warzone & Cold War Season 6 Combat Pack
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players on PlayStation consoles can now get a free Season 6 Combat pack to upgrade their inventories.
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players on PlayStation 4 or PS5 can get a new Combat Pack filled with cosmetic items to celebrate Season 6.
Season 6 is officially underway in Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, with various new content across the game. Activision and Sony have released a free Combat Pack to celebrate Season 6, containing multiple items for players to enjoy, exclusively for PlayStation Plus players.
Activision and PlayStation’s partnership includes new Combat Packs for every season and Season 6 of Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War is no different.
Players can now get their hands on the Call of Duty Combat pack for Season 6 and all of the content it has to offer to PS4 and PS5 players.
How to get free Call of Duty: Warzone and Cold War Combat Pack in Season 6
This Call of Duty Combat Pack is only available for Playstation 5 and Playstation 4 players who are Playstation Plus members.
Here’s how you can get it:
- First, make sure you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber
- Then you can either head to this link, sign in, and add the bundle to their account to download the next you boot up your console
- Or start up Black Ops Cold War or Warzone, and then head to the in-game Store
- Select Franchise Store and acquire the free Combat Pack
Everything included in the Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Combat Pack is listed below:
- Epic Operator Skin for Kwan Song
- Epic Tactical Rifle Blueprint
- Epic Emblem
- Epic Wrist Accessory
- Epic Sticker
- Epic Calling Card
- 60-minute Double XP Token
Combat Pack trailer
Players can download the Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Combat Pack until the end of Season 6, and it’s exclusive to PlayStation Plus members.
For more Call of Duty: Warzone, check out everything you need to know about the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system coming to the Call of Duty battle royale and Call of Duty: Vanguard, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / PlayStation
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team pack animations: How to tell if it’s boards or a walkout
Packs are the lifeblood of FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, and there's an easy way to tell if you're about to...
Apex Legends Season 11: Every teaser so far
Respawn Entertainment have been teasing many aspects of Season 11 recently, so let's take a look at the hints for...
Battlefield 2042: Release date, multiplayer, Portal, Hazard Zone, Specialists, more
Battlefield 2042 is almost here, so here's everything we know about EA and DICE's title including the release date, gameplay,...