To master the art of quickscoping in CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 5, equip our best Swiss K31 loadout with attachments, Perks, and equipment.
There’s no better way to flex your CoD skill in a final killcam than hitting a nasty three-piece with a Sniper Rifle. Quickscoping montages are how some of Call of Duty’s biggest brands such as OpTic and FaZe had their start, after all.
Sniper flinch was added with the Season 3 update, but even in Season 5 of Black Ops Cold War, players are still convinced it’s not nerfed it enough. Sniping, in particular, quickscoping is perfectly viable and players love to do it.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 has plenty of maps and opportunities for snipers to dominate, so here are the best weapon, attachments, and Perks to quickscope in Black Ops Cold War.
Best Swiss K31 Cold War quickscoping attachments
- Barrel: 24.9″ Tiger Team
- Body: Tiger Team Spotlight
- Magazine: 8 Rnd Mag
- Handle: Serpent Wrap
- Stock: Raider Pad
- Read More: Best LC10 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
This Swiss K31 is built exclusively for speed, allowing you to take out multiple targets in quick succession. Aim for the chest while quickscoping with this loadout as it’s an easier target to hit, and it will guarantee you a one-shot kill at almost any range.
The 24.9″ Tiger Team vastly improves in the Swiss K31 in almost every way. Before you unlock this barrel, you’ll land a lot of hit markers, but after equipping it you’ll have no problem getting One Shot, One Kill medals. You’ll find your K31 does more damage, fires faster, reloads quicker, and is more accurate.
You need your reaction time to be at a maximum while quickscoping, so you can’t take the second to decide if you really did see the enemy. The Tiger Team Spotlight will mark enemies for you, increasing your awareness and reactions in the process.
To hit multiple shots in quick succession, you want to go for a bigger magazine. The 8 Rnd Mag is perfect as you have more than enough shots to take out the other team in 6v6 game modes without any major downsides. However, you should bear in mind that the Tiger Team barrel will reduce the mag size to six shots.
To further increase the Swiss K31’s speed, you want to add the Serpent Wrap and Raider Pad. Together, these attachments will vastly increase your ADS and sprint to fire time, hitting your shots before the enemy can take you out.
Best Perks & Equipment for quickscoping in Cold War Season 5
- Perk 1: Tactical Mask / Flak Jacket
- Perk 2: Scavenger / Assassin
- Perk 3: Gung-Ho / Ghost
The one weapon class that suffers from Stun Grenades and other equipment with disorientating effects is Sniper Rifles. So the Tactical Mask will help make you immune to their effects. Also, you still might try to hold down the odd location or two, which means you’ll be peppered with explosives – so equip Flak Jacket to sort that out.
You don’t get that much ammo with a Sniper Rifle, so Scavenger will help you to stock up, and then you can use it to kill Assassin targets to increase your potential points accumulation.
Gung-Ho will allow you to reload while sprinting, as well as change weapons faster, in case you run out of ammo for the Swiss. Whereas Ghost is a tried and tested Perk that will keep your position on the map a bit more secure.
- Lethal: Tomahawk
- Tactical: Stimshot
- Field Upgrade: Field Mic
Quickscoping in Call of Duty is all about taking down your opponents in style, and there’s nothing more stylish than closing out the Best Play killcam than an awesome Tomahawk throw.
For your Tactical, the Stimshot is always a solid choice, allowing you to quickly get back your health to re-peek for a second quickscope shot. And finally, to get the most information possible, the Field Mic will reveal the position of all nearby enemies, giving you plenty of time to prepare for the shot.
How to unlock the Swiss K31 in Black Ops Cold War
The Swiss K31 can no longer be unlocked through the Battle Pass as that was tied to the Season 3 Battle Pass.
However, if you haven’t acquired it yet, then you will need to meet the following requirements to unlock it now:
- Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer/Warzone: Using Sniper Rifles, get 2 Headshot kills in 15 different completed matches.
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies: Using Sniper Rifles, kill 5 or more enemies with Critical Kills rapidly 100 times.
Best alternatives to the Swiss K31 in Cold War
If you haven’t unlocked the Swiss K31 yet, or it isn’t working out for you, then you can try some of CoD: Cold War’s other best Sniper Rifles instead. The Pelington 703 is the next best thing, or you can choose the very popular LW3 Tundra for extra damage.
If you want to see what the best Black Ops Cold War guns are, and find your new favorite, you can check out our ranking and tier of every Cold War weapon.
Also, keep up-to-date with all the latest news and guides for Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Best Type 11 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 1
Here are all of the attachments and Perks you need to build the best Type 11 loadout in Warzone Pacific...
How to complete FIFA 22 Player Moments Ilkay Gundogan SBC
Ilkay Gundogan is looking like a great option in the midfield, and FUT players are going to want to complete...
FIFA FUT 22 Team of the Year Warmup Series: Start date, TOTY leaks, more
Before FIFA 22's Ultimate Team TOTY event, EA Sports are dropping a special Warmup Series promo to build hype.