Scorestreaks have always been a key aspect of Call of Duty multiplayer and equipping the right streaks for your playstyle can mean all the difference.
Scorestreaks come in all different shapes and sizes. From the tiny Dart to the massive Gunship, let’s take a quick look through our favorites and each one’s strengths and weaknesses.
We’ve split the scorestreaks into three tiers: High, medium, and low.
High Tier Scorestreaks
- Hellstorm – The missile packs a serious punch for only 950 score. The missile can split into tracking cluster bombs AND still acts as a predator missile after separating.
- Sniper’s Nest – The Sniper’s Nest has two Pamaj level snipers onboard, each packing enough armor to withstand several rocket hits. The AI has deadly accuracy and can be unpredictable in their decision timing, making avoiding the Nest difficult.
- Mantis – The Mantis is essentially a mini-tank that walks around the map and obliterates anything in its path. The bot has a long life span, moderate walking speed, and extremely high damage. Zero is the best option when looking to counter this monster.
- Attack Chopper – The Attack Chopper is very similar to the Sniper’s Nest. The damage however is delivered much quicker through the use of an automatic turret.
- Strike Team – As you can see, the trend of strong AI scorestreaks continues. The Strike Team kills quicker than players and has several times the health of a level 3 armor from Blackout. Additionally, players can direct the Team’s positioning by pointing them to objectives or chokepoints.
Medium Tier Scorestreaks
- Dart – While the Dart does not have the firepower or mass kill threat of other streaks, it has a major advantage in that it cannot be countered by Flak Jacket. The drone is a one-shot kill if you get close enough and has three different flight modes for smooth handling.
- UAV – The UAV can sweep targets and their movements. This is different than older CoDs where the UAV could only give a quick glimpse at the enemies’ standstill positions. The duration is shorter however.
- Counter-UAV – The CUAV blots out the mini-map and prevents enemies from seeing any Fog-of-War activity. Quite an advantage when you consider non-silenced weapon fire.
- Lightning Strike – The Lightning Strike’s slow bombing sequence is covered up by its one-time use UAV sweep as well as the sheer power of the blasts. Each blast generally kills all targets within its general area.
- Drone Squad – The Drone Squad is among the weaker of the AI controlled streaks, but still delivers great utility. The squad can lock down objectives by firing over cover positions that the player cannot reach. In SnD, the squad will remain at players’ death positions.
- Gunship – The AC-130’s return was a welcome one, but it lacks the power of the its predecessor. The reason isn’t its lack of damage when it brings out its triple guns, but rather a map design difference. MW2 has lots of open area maps whereas Black Ops 4 features a lot of closed off locations.
Low Tier Scorestreaks
- RC-XD – Flak Jacket’s buff threw the RC-XD into a scouting role. While it can be useful in SnD, the little car simply isn’t up to the level of other streaks.
- Care Package – The reason the Care Package is set in the low tier is due to its unreliability. While you might get something useful here and there, most of the time you will be wasting your time waiting for a RC-XD or UAV to drop from the package.
- Sentry – The Sentry is the weakest AI streak in the game. Its slow turning speed makes the gun incapable of tracking quick players. The damage is also lackluster and can be avoided with ease.
- Thresher – The Thresher can cause a lot of annoyance and damage, but it lacks correct AI guidance. The streak will flip between missing targets by miles and perfectly filleting opponents. The unreliable nature of the streak makes it a dubious choice.
What are your favorite scorestreaks in Black Ops 4? You can give us your vote in the ranked list below and tell us why in the comments or on Twitter.
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...