Fireteam is Black Ops Cold War’s newest mode. Here are some of the best weapons to run on Sanitorium, Ruka, or Pine.
Black Ops Cold War’s fireteam mode has an eerie feeling to Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode. A “mini-battle royale” without the actual battle royale. Fireteam currently features the dirty bomb mode, which is a super fast-paced experience for players.
Before you arm up and get into combat, here’s some of the best weapons you should be running in Fireteam, to ensure you’re always on top of the game.
#1 – M16
The M16 is a burst fire juggernaut. It takes down enemies in just 2-3 bursts when they are fully armored up. Here are the best attachments.
- Optic – Hawksmoor: Precision sight makes for easy shots at medium range, where the M16 truly shines.
- Barrel – 20.5″ Match Grade: 100% effective damage range boost for that extra punch at a distance
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Foregrip: Additional recoil control for a fast reset between bursts.
- Magazine – Salvo 54 Rnd Fast Mag: Get back into the action fast with quick reloads on a large magazine.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: The best of all worlds. High flinch resistance, fast aim down sight, and aim while going prone.
#2 – XM4
The XM4 is versatile and mobile. It’s easily one of the most enjoyable weapons to use in Cold War, its overall design fits perfectly into fireteam.
- Optic – Microflex LED: Similar to the Hawksmoor, the Microflex offers precision sight at medium range.
- Barrel – 13.7″ Extended: Additional damage range and bullet velocity, to really hit those targets further out.
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Grip: Overall recoil control for longer distances.
- Magazine – Salvo 50 Round Fast Mag: You’re going to need large magazines for Fireteam.
- Handle– Airborne Elastic Wrap: Dropshot with additional flinch resistance. Keeps your weapon shooting straight while you’re being shot at.
#3 – AK74U
Mobile and heavy-hitting, the AK74u makes for the ultimate companion while clearing out bomb sites and buildings.
- Barrel – 10.3″ Task Force: Some extra damage, with huge increases to damage range and bullet velocity.
- Underbarrel – Spetsnaz Grip: All around extra recoil control.
- Magazine – VDV 50 Round Fast Mag: Large magazine with fast reloads.
- Handle – GRU Elastic Wrap: Additional aim down sight speed, added flinch resistance and aim while going prone.
- Stock – KGB Skeletal Stock: Faster sprint to fire speeds, additional aim walking movement speed.
#4 – MP5
Compact and reliable, the MP5 is an iconic sidekick to have while in combat. While not as good at range as the AK74u, the MP5 shines at close range.
- Barrel – 9.5″ Reinforced Heavy: Additional damage range and bullet velocity to make the MP5 a bit better at medium ranges.
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Grip: Horizontal and Vertical recoil control.
- Magazine – Salvo 40 Round Fast Mag: Quick reloads on a large 40 round magazine.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: Faster aim down sight time, more flinch resistance, ability to dropshot.
- Stock – No Stock: Aim quicker after sprinting. A huge need for aggressive players.
#5 – LW3 Tundra
The ultimate fireteam sniper. The LW3 Tundra is heavy but hits enemies like a bus. Aim high, you’ll get instant kills with headshots.
- Barrel – 28.2″ Tiger Team: Extra damage, fire rate and bullet velocity for far out targets.
- Underbarrel – Front Grip: Additional recoil control in between shots for easy re-centering.
- Magazine – Stanag 9 Round: Large magazine, can never go wrong.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: Further aim down sights increase, flinch resistance.
- Stock – Raider Pad: Quick sprint to fire time, huge boost to aim walking movement speeds.
Now, pick your favorite weapon, or combination of weapons, and get into the fight. Be sure to read up on the Season 1 Reloaded update as well if you’re interested in the newest maps and modes.
New Firebase Z teasers reveal more information about returning Zombies characters
Treyarch has released more teasers regarding characters featured in the new Black Ops Cold War Zombies map, “Firebase Z”.
Treyarch have revealed new teasers regarding the upcoming new Black Ops Cold War Zombies map “Firebase Z.”
Today, January 22, 2021, Treyarch has released images detailing three characters in the current Zombies storyline.
One of these characters is a returning fan favorite from the classic Black Ops franchise, and two are brand new.
Doctor William Peck
Doctor William Peck is a man with a genius IQ, and the Program Manager at the Department of Defense, who seems to have attracted the eye of the Soviet Omega group.
According to spies, they believe he could be turned to the Soviet cause if offered the right monetary incentive and career opportunity.
When Firebase Z releases, we’ll be sure to see the fate of Dr. Peck following this message from Dr. Valentina from the Omega group.
Captain Revenov is a disciplined follower of the soviet cause who has worked as a counter-terrorism operator and has served in the Caribbean, Central America, Angola, and Afghanistan. At the request of the Omega group, he was transferred as an operative that they could trust.
Due to his track record of excellence and service, he was the perfect pick for a man to carry out any orders.
Samantha Maxis is an ex BND (German Intelligence Service) operative. Recently, she has acquired stolen Soviet intel about Projekt Endstation, the location of the Die Maschine zombies map.
Currently, the Omega group believes she is working with Requiem and the CIA to expose the inhumane work of the Omega group to the world.
For now, that’s all the intel from today’s drop. You can read more about Firebase Z, including the release date here.
Image Credit: Treyarch/Activision
Gunfight Tournaments could be headed to Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War’s popular Gunfight mode looks set to be bolstered by the return of intense tournaments to declare the ultimate duo.
2v2 Gunfight action is about to become even tougher and more meaningful in Black Ops Cold War. One gamer’s CoD glitched and revealed a screen that suggested Gunfight Tournaments are set to return.
Gunfight has been a revelation since its inception in the 2019 Modern Warfare reboot. Focusing on close-quarters combat between two teams of two, Gunfight provides a random loadout that both teams have to utilize to survive.
Each round then boils down to sudden death circumstances and it keeps going – with new loadouts – until one team wins.
Modern Warfare eventually introduced tournaments that you could compete in and progress through to earn lots of XP and bonuses. Thanks to a new BOCW glitch, it seems like the concept will be returning soon.
Black Ops Cold War Gunfight Tournaments leaked
- Read More: 5 best Gunfight tips in Black Ops Cold War
But this new glitch, thankfully, casts a spotlight on something more positive. In the below image, Reddit user theManJ_217 is clearly in the process of finding a new game in BOCW. However, a random action results in a glitchy screen that blends both the matchmaking screen and a previously unseen Gunfight Tournament notice.
The nature of the image is a bit suspect because it is just an image, but it looks convincing nonetheless. It’s a rational idea, anyway, as Gunfight is continually expanding as seen with the recent Gunfight Blueprint playlist that was added.
Given that Gunfight was only added with the launch of BOCW Season 1, it would make sense to not rush all the content out too quickly.
Gunfight tournaments could likely be one of the marquee features of Season 2 and we may even see another variation of the mode in the future.
Image credits: Treyarch
Warzone devs respond to incorrect Cold War weapon attachment descriptions
Developers have confirmed a fix for Black Ops Cold War weapon attachment descriptions being incorrect in Warzone.
Several attachments for Black Ops Cold War weapons ported to Warzone don’t match their in-game descriptions. Warzone devs have confirmed that a fix is in the works.
Call of Duty content creators such as JGOD have done extensive testing on all of Warzone’s weapons. They discovered that the MAC-10’s Gallantry blueprint performed vastly better than its regular counterpart and that Black Ops Cold War sniper scopes have no glint.
The broken MAC-10 has now been patched, but there have been serious inconsistencies with the BOCW attachment descriptions. Some have no effect on the weapon, and others do the opposite of what they’re supposed to.
Raven Software has confirmed that they are working on a fix for incorrect attachment descriptions, as well as certain attachments not unlocking.
Warzone devs to fix incorrect attachment descriptions
On Activision’s official Trello Board, a card reading CW weapon attachments: Certain attachments are not unlocking or working as intended’ was added with the tag ‘under investigation’ on January 21.
The card was added by Alexis Barth, the Communications and Community Manager at Raven Software, confirming they will be handling the patch.
With Warzone featuring a detailed Gunsmith system, you can choose up to five unique attachments that vastly change your weapon’s performance. Each attachment has a different description and stats to match. Meaning you can build your weapon any way you want.
However, many of the attachments for the Black Ops Cold War weapons in Warzone do the opposite of what they’re meant to, with some even having no effect.
For example, the Stoner 63 can be vastly improved by a barrel that supposedly gives extra ‘vehicle damage’ but actually increases bullet velocity. The Striker Grip for the SMGs also grants recoil control when it’s meant to increase melee damage speed.
Most players wouldn’t even think about attachments not performing as they’re meant to, so they could be wasting their valuable slots.
Raven also addressed they are working for a fix on weapon attachments not unlocking.
It may take Warzone devs a while to fix this issue as they have to test every Cold War weapon, so keep an eye on Charlie Intel for the best weapon loadouts, such as our guide for the best AK-74u.
Image Credit: Activision
CDL Kickoff Classic 2021: results, stream, schedule, teams
The 2021 Call of Duty League season starts with the CDL Kickoff Classic, a 12-team exhibition event with matches voted...
Opinion: Call of Duty: Warzone desperately needs anti-cheat for its competitive future
Warzone's successful competitive future is all in Activision's hands.
New Firebase Z teasers reveal more information about returning Zombies characters
Treyarch has released more teasers regarding characters featured in the new Black Ops Cold War Zombies map, "Firebase Z".