Fireteam is Black Ops Cold War’s newest mode. Here are some of the best weapons to run on Sanitorium, Ruka, or Pine.
Black Ops Cold War’s fireteam mode has an eerie feeling to Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode. A “mini-battle royale” without the actual battle royale. Fireteam currently features the dirty bomb mode, which is a super fast-paced experience for players.
Before you arm up and get into combat, here’s some of the best weapons you should be running in Fireteam, to ensure you’re always on top of the game.
#1 – M16
The M16 is a burst fire juggernaut. It takes down enemies in just 2-3 bursts when they are fully armored up. Here are the best attachments.
- Optic – Hawksmoor: Precision sight makes for easy shots at medium range, where the M16 truly shines.
- Barrel – 20.5″ Match Grade: 100% effective damage range boost for that extra punch at a distance
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Foregrip: Additional recoil control for a fast reset between bursts.
- Magazine – Salvo 54 Rnd Fast Mag: Get back into the action fast with quick reloads on a large magazine.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: The best of all worlds. High flinch resistance, fast aim down sight, and aim while going prone.
#2 – XM4
The XM4 is versatile and mobile. It’s easily one of the most enjoyable weapons to use in Cold War, its overall design fits perfectly into fireteam.
- Optic – Microflex LED: Similar to the Hawksmoor, the Microflex offers precision sight at medium range.
- Barrel – 13.7″ Extended: Additional damage range and bullet velocity, to really hit those targets further out.
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Grip: Overall recoil control for longer distances.
- Magazine – Salvo 50 Round Fast Mag: You’re going to need large magazines for Fireteam.
- Handle– Airborne Elastic Wrap: Dropshot with additional flinch resistance. Keeps your weapon shooting straight while you’re being shot at.
#3 – AK74U
Mobile and heavy-hitting, the AK74u makes for the ultimate companion while clearing out bomb sites and buildings.
- Barrel – 10.3″ Task Force: Some extra damage, with huge increases to damage range and bullet velocity.
- Underbarrel – Spetsnaz Grip: All around extra recoil control.
- Magazine – VDV 50 Round Fast Mag: Large magazine with fast reloads.
- Handle – GRU Elastic Wrap: Additional aim down sight speed, added flinch resistance and aim while going prone.
- Stock – KGB Skeletal Stock: Faster sprint to fire speeds, additional aim walking movement speed.
#4 – MP5
Compact and reliable, the MP5 is an iconic sidekick to have while in combat. While not as good at range as the AK74u, the MP5 shines at close range.
- Barrel – 9.5″ Reinforced Heavy: Additional damage range and bullet velocity to make the MP5 a bit better at medium ranges.
- Underbarrel – Field Agent Grip: Horizontal and Vertical recoil control.
- Magazine – Salvo 40 Round Fast Mag: Quick reloads on a large 40 round magazine.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: Faster aim down sight time, more flinch resistance, ability to dropshot.
- Stock – No Stock: Aim quicker after sprinting. A huge need for aggressive players.
#5 – LW3 Tundra
The ultimate fireteam sniper. The LW3 Tundra is heavy but hits enemies like a bus. Aim high, you’ll get instant kills with headshots.
- Barrel – 28.2″ Tiger Team: Extra damage, fire rate and bullet velocity for far out targets.
- Underbarrel – Front Grip: Additional recoil control in between shots for easy re-centering.
- Magazine – Stanag 9 Round: Large magazine, can never go wrong.
- Handle – Airborne Elastic Wrap: Further aim down sights increase, flinch resistance.
- Stock – Raider Pad: Quick sprint to fire time, huge boost to aim walking movement speeds.
Now, pick your favorite weapon, or combination of weapons, and get into the fight. Be sure to read up on the Season 1 Reloaded update as well if you’re interested in the newest maps and modes.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon that was seen in Black Ops Cold War. Here’s how you can unlock it for yourself.
A brand-new melee weapon has been seen in Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6. Here are the unlock challenges the Scythe appeared with for both Multiplayer and Zombies.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe was accidentally added to Black Ops Cold War on June 6, 2022, and tasked players with melee-based challenges to unlock it. Unfortunately, this was accidental so it has now been removed from the game, but it should arrive soon.
- Read more: Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
Despite being removed, we expect the unlock challenge to be the same. Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Sniper Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Sniper ranked
Almost every squad runs a sniper in Warzone, so we've ranked every Sniper Rifle from best to worst and counted...
FIFA 23 Serie A ratings: Every team’s best players predictions
The Serie A will bring some of the world's best players to FIFA 23, so we’ve predicted who will have...
Apex Legends 1.99 patch notes: Lifeline’s Clinic Easter Egg, bug fixes, more
Apex Legends has a brand-new 1.99 patch which brings bug fixes and new interactive Easter Egg for Lifeline's Clinic.